Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Phone Call - Pilot Echo Eleria to Jexica Holding  (Read 1393 times)

Marakai2.0

Phone Call - Pilot Echo Eleria to Jexica Holding
« on: September 11, 2017, 04:50:19 pm »
After he was done grinning like an idiot at the ceiling, Razican finally stood from his rolling desk chair, and paced across the front room of his apartment. His place was tidy to the point of sterility - everything was cleaned to the point of obsessiveness, and exactly where it was supposed to be.

Except for one thing, of course - his phone, tossed carelessly on the armrest of his black leather couch. He made a beeline for it, scooping it up in one hand.

Unlock. Call. Contacts. He scrolled down his list, realizing just how many numbers he might end up deleting after this phone call, if everything went well. They always gave their numbers, but half the names he couldn't recognize. He frowned to himself.

They were getting deleted no matter what, he decided. No need to keep what he would never use. He scrolled all the way down to the S's, to the contact listed as 'Siren.'

That was her, to him. He smiled as he dialed the number, collapsing on the couch as he put it up to his ear, and listened to it ring.

Offline Zero Undead

Re: Phone Call - Pilot Echo Eleria to Jexica Holding
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:07:15 pm »
The trip to Solarta had been something Jexica had looked forward to from the moment they’d told her it was really happening. She’d been so excited to meet all the really cool squad Pilots and the Valkyries hadn’t disappointed at all. They’d been super cool and nice to her. All of them, but one in particular had been amazingly super cool – imagine a Pilot being a major fan!

Even better, he was Uncle Alec’s friend, so she knew he had to be a good guy.

It had made her so giddy when he’d come to see her off. She hadn’t expected him to ask for her phone number and had even surprised herself when she’d given him more than just her number. Well, it wasn’t like the kiss had been a bad thing.

The look that had crossed his face afterwards had been pretty adorable.

Too bad he hadn’t called. Aside from being super nervous, and obviously star struck, Razican was definitely cool, and pretty cute. Oh well, it had been super fun while it lasted.

She’d had an interview that morning about her Solarta trip – they really didn’t waste any time pestering her, but she’d done her part and parroted off the answers that Mr. Anderson had prepared beforehand, just like she’d done a million times before.

With a clear afternoon Jexica had been dropped off back home and now all she could do was lay on her bed, bored out of her mind.

At least until her phone went off unexpectedly. She was quick to snatch it up and answer, maybe a little too eager to answer it. It had only been a day; after all, there had still been a chance the cute music enthusiast Pilot would call. “Hello~?”

Marakai2.0

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 06:19:40 pm »
For a second, Raz wondered if she would be the one to answer her own phone, unsure if he'd get her, or one of her entourage, or if there would be anyone picking up at all.

For those few seconds that he listened to the ringing in his ear, his emotions ranged from excitement, to mildly depressed, to excited again. He couldn't hope she'd have the phone attached to her hip at all times, he'd let it ring a few more times, maybe leave a-

"Hello?" he heard, that familiar voice he couldn't possibly forget chiming in his ear. His smile was wide enough it could almost put him in the hospital.

"Hiya, Jexica! It's Raz, y'know, from the other day?" He tried, and failed, to keep the excitement from his tone. His whole body felt electrified, and he suddenly stood and began walking circles around his living room.

"Sorry it took so long for me to call...I had a big issue I had to deal with first. How's things?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 06:35:41 pm »
“You mean the Raz from yesterday that I may or may not have given my phone number and who took forever to actually use it?” Jexica felt a swelling bubble of giddiness rising up in her, it was impossible not to giggle a little. “Noooooooooope, doesn’t ring a bell at all, like, no way.”

Part of her really couldn’t believe he’d called. Jexica had half expected that he’d gotten her number on a dare, especially when he hadn’t called by last night. She sprawled out on her bed, grinning and kicking her feet in the air idly. Honestly if she wasn’t moving somehow she might have crawled out of her skin she was so full of excited energy.

Kidding! How could I forget you that quick? I mean, I don’t just give out kisses to just any guy that asks for my number, you know.” She hummed and tilted her head to the side, not that he could see it. “The rail ride back to Haviah was super boring, but I napped for most of it, and there was an interview this morning, did you see? It was on Good Morning Aedolis. Now they’ve left me alone in my room with nothing else to do today. Rehearsal for my next tour starts bright and early tomorrow.”

She pouted just thinking about it. There would be new choreography to memorize and she’d have to practice the songs on her new album until she got them perfect. “I hope you’re having more fun than me.”

Marakai2.0

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 07:35:20 pm »
Raz grinned when she replied, though at first his face fell when she mentioned him taking forever to call - he'd wanted to, but he wasn't sure how that would have gone over with Alec at the time. Thankfully, that whole deal was cleared up, though.

His head might have split clean in half when she went on about not possibly forgetting him though - his cheshire grin was nearly ear to ear. "Yeah, I saw your interview this morning after my run. Just caught it, too."

He didn't mention how he'd practically been glued to his television, and how it had been killer not to call just as soon as it ended, but that was beside the point - he was talking to her now, just as well.

"So, you're going on tour again? So soon? Man, that's gotta be a drag, since you just got in yesterday. They don't give you much of a break, do they?"

Though it sounded not too dissimilar to a Squad CO's life. Exercise, drill, patrol, PR shenanigans, repeat as necessary. He'd only taken the one weekend off since his six-month excursion, but he wasn't one to complain.

"And I don't know about more fun than you, to be honest. I have drills in..." he pulled his phone away to glance at the time, and sighed, "about an hour. Part of why I was busy this morning, I was optimizing some new kit we got for the squad. Kinda excited to see it actually in action." He chuckled a bit, and wondered if he could get away with taking some pictures of the drop drills.

"Anyway, enough of that. When are you going on tour again? Cuz I was thinking...maaaaybe ...If I could get an afternoon, I could fly up and we could hang out? It's only a few hours flight from here to there, after all. We could do something, maybe?"

There it was, his attempt at asking for a date. He knew they were sort of lax in Solarta, seeing as how it was smaller than Haviah and with a heavy Pilot presence...but he wondered if he could possibly get her to himself for at least a few hours in a bigger city with more threats. He was more than positive he could fill in the protection role, but that wasn't exactly his call.

"I mean, if you want to. I know you're probably busy and all."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 08:32:34 pm »
Jexica had to bite her lip to keep from squealing with excitement. He had watched her! Did that mean he was really into her? Oh, wouldn’t that be so exciting? A Pilot that was actually interested in her! Of course it was nice that he was so sweet and as much of a music nerd as she was!

“Oh yeah, I get booked up a lot.” There weren’t a lot of breaks in between appearances unless it was for a needed vacation. Her vocals had to be rested after a tour especially.

“Are drills that bad? I mean, it sounds more exciting than rehearsal and touring all the time. Singing and dancing on stage is fun and all, but the rest of the time I spend alone on my private railcar. Touring gets lonely.” Especially since everyone only saw or cared about Jexica the diva. Nobody cared that Jexica the person existed.

Jexica really did squeal that time, although she ripped the phone away from her face to be merciful to poor Raz on the other end of the line. Was he asking her out?! If her heart had been hammering before it was exploding now.

“Of course I want to! You’re really cool and sweet. You looked so cute after I gave you that kiss too.” She managed to rush out after putting the phone back to her ear.

“I’ll be doing a six week circuit starting in about three months. They’ll start putting up the promotional stuff really soon. It’s for the album that we needed the desert shoot for with you guys. Solarta will be our first stop. You’ll totally come, right? I’ll hook you up with a backstage pass and you can hang out with me after the show.” Usually the hour or so after a show was spent with a handful of lucky fans that bought the expensive passes before they sold out. It would be cool to have an actual friend around for a change so it wasn’t so…overwhelming.

“Three months is too long to wait to do something, though. I’ll have to check with PR to see when I can spare an evening to just hang out. Maybe we could go see a movie or grab dinner?” She wasn’t about to call it a date, because who the heck would want to jinx it?

Marakai2.0

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 04:56:20 am »
All that worry he'd built up, between conversing with her uncle and actually calling her, was completely gone by now. His grin simply didn't cease - he was pacing back and forth, his every step carrying a bounce.

"I mean, they're not bad, just kind of repetitive. Lots of exercise, some equipment testing, formations...that sort of thing. Gotta always be ready, ya know? But nothings ever bad if you can find a way to make it fun!" And that certainly wasn't a problem for him, seeing as how he could find entertainment in just about anything.

When she mentioned tour's, he half wondered if, if and/or when they got close, if he could pull some strings to sit in part of the time on the rail...that thought was interrupted by her next words, which elicited a great redness across his face. Good thing he was a couple hundred miles away.

She thought he was cool? He didn't think he was that special, a little weird and easy to get a long with, but not cool. Then again, they both had two very different perspectives they saw each other from. But, the flush didn't come from that; rather, it was the mentioning of his appearance after her kiss on his cheek. When it had happened, he could swear he had died.

"Well, you know, it's not often I get kisses from pretty pop star divas that I happen to be huge fans of," he said, maybe a little too fast. It was a little bold, but the interest was there, and nothing could be gained without a little risk. The truth of that didn't stop the flush on his face though.

"You're right, though, three months is way too long. I gotta clear it with Yavvy- er, I mean Yavul, but I could probably get at least an afternoon to fly up there. But in any case, you bet I'll be at anything you appear in down here." He chuckled a bit, and continued, "That kinda goes without saying, I think? But anyway, what sort of things would you want to do? I can do dinner and a movie, if you've got time."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 05:32:08 am »
“Oh yeah, you can make almost anything fun! It’s all about attitude.” Making life fun any way you could was really the only way to go about it. Otherwise you’d end up an unhappy mess. Jexica had seen it with her own eyes. Too bad she couldn’t watch these drills, though; she bet they were really impressive to witness. Or primarily that he was impressive in action.

She laughed softly at him, unable to help herself. How adorable was this guy? Jexica felt like she did back in school when she had her first crush. Well, he was cute, and a Pilot, and interested.

“Sorry, but now I find that a little hard to believe. You totally acted like that happens all the time. Maybe next time I see you I’ll have to do it again, see if you make the same face. Then I can, you know, double check.” If a kiss on the cheek was all it took to short-circuit his brain into that adorable starry-eyed look then she would totally try it again just to see that cute face he made.

What else might she like to do? Jexica would have to think that one over if he was going to visit more than once. Dinner and a movie was fun, but also kind of a generic date night. Ah, there she went, thinking about it as a date!

“I’ll make time for both, Raz. It’ll be a fun night out.” Yeah, she couldn’t stop herself from sounding super excited if she tried. So she didn’t try. Besides, she should definitely act like she was into seeing him if she was, right? Definitely! All she was worried about was getting it all cleared with Mr. Anderson, she hadn’t gone out on actual date-dates too often.  Mostly she just dealt with near rabid fans, and most of them only wanted a chance to say they did this or that with her.

Jexica cleared her throat a little. “So…it’s a date?”

Marakai2.0

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 06:12:04 am »
Raz had to stop himself from shouting, 'Oh, hell yeah,' a wave of excited energy giving him a shudder. This was going almost too well. He had so much planning to do, things he had to clear with the Bossman, and he looked forward to all of it. Surely Yavvy wouldn't miss him for a day in the near future, would he? And besides that, he could always just fly up after the day was done, whenever she could make time.

He'd make it work, and sleep wasn't too necessary for a bouncing ball of energy like him. He'd pull it off.

"It'll be way more than just a fun night out, I promise. I'm pretty good at fun, you could even say it's a specialty of mine." At some point he found himself sprawled across his couch, though he barely took up any space; one leg not quite reaching the floor, the other stretched out in front of him. He was staring up at the ceiling without even seeing it.

"Yeah, you bet it's a date! You just see when you can get some time, and I'll handle things on my end to meet you. I know some awesome places I could take you for dinner..." Hmm, that was a thought. Where would he take her? He didn't want for credits - that had never been a problem for him, since-

Nope. Not going there, not yet.

"Well, anyway. Where would you like to eat? As soon as you get time, lemme know and I'll make some calls for reservations or something." He wanted things to be perfect. Plan the activities out in advance, and see how things went from there.

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 06:52:32 am »
“Ooooooh, a fun specialty. Sounds super fancy, I guess my specialty is singing. Or is it being super cute? Hmmm.” Already she was buzzing with excitement over this date. How was she supposed to wait for however many days? Jexica wished they could go right now!

The reality that he lived hours away and she couldn’t see him just whenever she had a spare moment was just starting to sink in. What a bummer. Well, she was pretty sure he’d make it worth the wait.

“Well Mr. Fun Specialty that knows some awesome places, why don’t you surprise me? I love surprises, and I promise that wherever you take me to dinner I’ll find something yummy to eat. Besides, where you go is never as important as who you go with! The company will make it amazing no matter what.” Plus she genuinely wanted to see where he would take her. She was willing to bet it would be awesome.

Jexica rolled onto her back, staring up at the ceiling and biting her lip. Was the call almost over? She didn't want to let him go already, she'd just be back to being bored and lonely. Plus she liked talking to him. His music talk had entertained her so much after the shoot. "So other than drills, how do you usually spend your days?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 08:23:24 am »
"I think both of those can be your specialty. I mean, you're spectacular at both." He let out a chuckle again, though nerves had him wonder if he was laughing too much. Did he sound too much like a goof? He hoped not...

Well, best thing was to be himself, right?

"Hmm....well, I'll have to think about it. There's so many choices in Haviah, after all..." Not AHOW. Not for a first date. He'd have to seriously scramble to find something, he had no idea what she liked. Bar Toro? If he could call early enough, he could get a reservation, maybe. Hell, he had the credits, he could pay for a table in advance, and just have it open till he needed it...

Shit. This was a quandary. He wanted the first impression - the first real impression, to be a good one. No, a great one, one in which she could see just what he was worth.

But what she said was true, though. Anywhere they went could be good, so long as the company was pleasant.

"Hmm...well, to be honest I'm still sort of adjusting. I've only actually been in Solarta for a few weeks, so I haven't found a whole lot to do, yet. It's pretty much dead during the day, since it's so hot and bright. So...if I'm not doing Squad stuff, or at the gym, or something else I'm usually here in my apartment. I listen to music, jump on the chat every once and awhile....really not that much." He let out a bit of a sigh, feeling slightly homesick for Haviah.

"Man, I bet I sound pretty boring, don't I? I promise its not me, though, I just can't really do a whole lot during the day down here. The sun is sorta my nemesis down here."

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 08:59:30 am »
Jexica’s face split into a huge grin when he said she was spectacular at both singing and being cute. Of course he must have thought she was cute enough to ask out, but hearing him say it still made her all aflutter and suddenly she was glad he couldn’t see her face getting a little red.

“Mhm, a lot of options, that’ll make it easier to keep it a surprise! I mean, how could I guess with so many choices?” She could already tell he was trying super hard to impress her. Jexica just hoped he didn’t try too hard. The night would just be stressful for him if he was that worried about it the whole time! It was supposed to be fun.

Hopefully she’d be able to help him relax a little. She started trying to think of ways to do that while listening to him talk about his life in Solarta. Right, of course she knew he was new down there.

“You don’t sound boring at all to me. Just the short times I’ve been down there I totally get things being super quiet during the day. It is crazy hot even at the pool. I can’t even imagine how bad it must be with your complexion.” Jexica wondered at the logic of sending poor Raz down to such a bright place. Not that Solarta wasn’t nice; it just seemed like a needlessly hostile environment for him. “Did that stuff they slathered you with at the shoot help? I could ask what exactly they used, maybe that would help a little if you got some. Or maybe next time we could just go to the pool at night.”

Marakai2.0

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 10:11:18 am »
"Yeah, it helped. More than helped, actually, I didn't even turn pink. Sorta wish I had asked what it was they'd used, but, well, you know. I, uh, was sort of...um...distracte d?" Distracted by her, naturally. He remembered hiding behind a pair of sunglasses most of the time, sneaking glances at her the whole time and trying not to be a nervous mess.

"But if you could do that, it'd be a real life saver. Then maybe when you come down here on your tour, we could do something then, too! It sort of sucks, hiding from the sun most of the day." But, to be honest, the choice was his - he had been an independent Combat Operative, at the beck and call of whatever department needed his particular skill set. The Valkyries, though, that was an opportunity he couldn't pass up once he heard they were recruiting, and he'd been surprised when they'd accepted him.

"Well, hey. I have to wonder, though, you say you're bored and lonely all the time, so what is it you do during the day? I mean, when you're not doing all your superstar stuff. What do you like? Hobbies and such?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2017, 12:03:48 pm »
 “Oh yeah, they get all the best stuff for real pale skin like mine. I’m glad that it helped you too! Now I’m definitely going to ask them what they used and text you the name so you can pick some up. Of course even if you don’t get it we’ll find something to do while I’m in Solarta on tour. I’m sure there’re loads of indoor activities out there with the heat and sun like it is.” Jexica didn’t mind keeping it inside if it was better for him. They could do something outside when he was in Haviah or at night when it wasn’t as bad for his skin.

The question actually caught her a little off guard, even though it shouldn’t have. Of course he’d want to know, hadn’t she just asked him the same thing?

“Well between interviews, guest appearances, recording sessions, rehearsals, practice, and make-up there’s not a lot of time for much else. I mean, sure I get left sitting alone in my room sometimes, but most of the time they keep me so busy I can’t keep my head on straight. It’s just that for those downtimes between everything, yeah, mostly alone.” Her family had their own responsibilities and things to worry about, and Mr. Anderson didn’t allow just anyone to be around her unless it was for fans and publicity purposes.

“Before I started the superstar thing I liked baking with Nana Nadine. She’s actually a really good cook. Did you know she designs video games? She works on WoW. I don’t have much time for video games, but I still think it’s really cool.” Jexica wished she had more time to just spend with family and friends, but Mr. Anderson told her time and again that she had to grab what she could for as long as she could. Who knew when the next big sensation would hit and her popularity would tank?

Marakai2.0

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2017, 01:30:32 pm »
Raz smiled, a little flutter in his chest evidence of some heartfelt emotion. She couldn't understand what it meant for him to hear her say that. Even if it was pretty matter-of-fact, the words showed that she cared about his handicap.

Most times, he just heard, "you're a Pilot. Deal with it." And so he had, keeping his curtains drawn at all times save night, and only going outside in multiple layers. Generally, he was fine with it, but it was a pain. Who the hell wore a hoodie out in the Solartan sun? He did.

"Well, I'll be sure to grab loads of it, so we can do whatever we want. Thanks, Jexica." He smiled brightly, though she wouldn't see it over the phone- he hoped his voice conveyed it well enough.

When she went on to list basically everything that took up her time, his face fell a little. If she was that busy, all the time, he found himself hoping she would actually be able to find the time to do something with him. Hell, her day sounded even more busy than his own; the most he had to worry about cutting seriously into his time was the occasional patrol and beast extermination. "That sounds...harsh. Talk about being caged...now I just want to get up there faster and let you free for a little while, little bird." He chuckled a little at the metaphor.

And then she mentioned before, and for a second he almost opened his mouth to respond in kind to his own 'before.' He stopped himself quickly. That was odd. He didn't talk about that, to anyone.

Why did he automatically jump to that, with her? This was really only the third time he'd actually talked to her, the first being that night before she left, the second being when he'd actually asked her for her number. To him, the photo shoot didn't count; he'd been so nervous and intimidated by the very idea of her, he couldn't talk to her for real.

Was he that comfortable already? Or was his infatuation with her blocking his train of thought?

He blinked, and continued. "Well, awesome. To be completely honest, I can't cook. Like, at all. I eat out alot." He let out a nervous sort of laugh before he went on, "But you said she works on WoW? That's awesome! I play every now and then, but I don't let it suck my soul away like some people I know...though maybe that's something else we could do, see if you're interested. Video games can be fun, but yeah, you gotta have time for them."

At this point he pulled his phone from his ear and glanced at the time. He still had drill to get to, and he had to go real soon.

"Hey....I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to let you go for now. I've got drill real soon, and if I walk in with the phone plastered to my head, the Commander might have my head. So, um...I'll shoot you a text later tonight?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 02:42:02 pm »
Getting to do whatever they wanted sounded so amazingly good. It might not have seemed like much to most people, but Jexica wasn’t most people. When you were famous you didn’t belong to yourself anymore, and a few stolen hours to try to feel normal was precious time well spent.

“That sounds like a plan to me, but if you don’t feel like being covered in that stuff just remember indoor activities are always on the table.” They could have fun anywhere.

Her nonstop smiling faltered a little when he mentioned that her schedule sounded harsh and like she was caged. Jexica had the same thoughts all the time, but she always shoved them aside. The freedom to be a regular person was something she’d willingly given up the moment she’d signed that contract, after all.

“Am I a little bird now? Cheep! Cheep! I’ll sing for you when you come to rescue me, deal?” The grin was back full force already.

Jexica laughed softly when he admitted that he couldn’t cook and ate out a lot. Well that was definitely something to remember for later! Maybe if she could get the extra time she could try out one of her Nana’s recipes for him. It would be fun to have someone besides herself to actually enjoy a homemade treat with.

“Sure, we could try to play sometime! I’ll probably be really bad, but you’ll show me, right?” Already there were a ton of things she wanted to do with him. Movies, dinner, video games!

“Aww.” A soft pout came over her lips as he said he had to go. Well, it wasn’t like she could hog him forever; a Pilot had important things to do. “You can text me anytime, Raz. I’ll shoot you a text in a bit with the next few times I have a free evening so you can see when it’s best for you to come for a visit so we can have our date. Oh, and with the name of that stuff. Good luck with drills!”

Marakai2.0

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 03:32:31 pm »
He grinned when she mentioned singing for him. That would be absolutely wonderful, and he wouldn't mind singing for her, either, honestly.

"Maybe we could do a duet? It's a little known fact, but I can sing, too. Just, uh, not in front of a bunch of people. Buuuut I think I'd be comfortable enough with you. As long as it's, y'know, just you." He chuckled awkwardly, and his hand ran through his hair. He could sing, he liked to sing, mostly by himself, but that was the one thing that really made him nervous.

Scratch that, the other thing. Apparently conversations with superstars and their irate uncles made him nervous, too.

"And you bet, I'll show you how to play. Honestly I'm not the best, either, but we can still make it fun!"

It was at this point that he needed to hang up the phone - he'd already made it out the door, and was heading to drills. "Well, I'll text you as soon as drills are done. They go pretty late sometimes, though, so I might be awhile. Take care, and don't get too bored!" He grinned as he disconnected the call, and headed on his way with a bounce in his step.

Several hours later, well past midnight actually - he hadn't been able to keep his promise due to unforseen events - Jexica's phone would receive a text message notification.

"Sorry it's so late. Accident at drill, can't talk about it just yet. I'm not hurt, but others are, bad. Hit you up, later, Jexica. Don't worry."

Marakai2.0

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2017, 12:23:12 pm »
Three dates and several weeks later, Raz was worried. Between the constant heckling of Neeko, Harley, and Hannibal, and something Mia had mentioned earlier that day, he was growing perhaps just a little paranoid that he was going to push Jexica away.

He'd just gotten home from helping Mia assemble some new furniture for her apartment, and the few beers he'd had there had long since run their course. As soon as he was safely inside his his apartment, he collapsed on his couch, phone in hand, and started writing a text.

"I know its late, I'm sorry. Wanted to talk to you about something. Can I call?"

Offline Zero Undead

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2017, 01:58:44 pm »
It was a little surprising to hear from Raz so late, but Jexica texted him back right away. She was super worried already because it sounded serious to her.

"Of course!"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2017, 06:09:37 pm »
After hitting send, Raz just sat there for several seconds, staring down at the screen to his phone.

It was too late, she was probably asleep, he'd have to wait-

In his hand, his phone vibrated, and the message tone he'd set for her chimed in his ear. He let out a small smile at her enthusiastic reply, even if it was only the two words. He was just glad she was awake.

He settled himself for a moment, eyes locked on that screen as he decided to just breathe. And then he dialed her number, placing the phone up next to his ear and listening to it ring.

When she picked up, he started talking, his bundled nerves too much for him to hold back.

"Hey, Jexica. I, uh...how are you, beautiful?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal