Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Perfect Day to be Somebody's Nuisance! [Blink!]  (Read 1357 times)

Marakai2.0

Re: Perfect Day to be Somebody's Nuisance! [Blink!]
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2017, 04:48:44 pm »
Time travel didn't really seem like a viable option to reheat cold, soggy pancakes since it didn't exist yet, but, meh, to each their own.

While she spoke, Raz finished his plate, and crossed his fork and knife over it before wiping his face once more and tossing the napkin on top. She mentioned the time he'd threatened her, and for a moment his mask of perpetual happiness fell away.

His eyes softened, his smile gave way to a deep frown. Suddenly, he appeared far older - his face was that of a man whom had seen far too much, and been a victim far too often and for far too long.

"Listen. I'm sorry about that. I am, really. That was....that wasn't me. There's...a subject that I really don't like to talk about, and for very good reasons. That was...shortly after that. You caught me at a critical moment. If it hadn't been for that, it never, never would have happened."

His gaze lowered to the table before him, and he sighed miserably. "Look. If there's any way I can make it up to you, name it. That isn't me, I promise."

Offline Blink

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2017, 05:33:22 pm »
Shifting Sparrow pulled her legs up and crossed them under the booth. Sitting Indian style while she tapped her fingers on the tabletop.

"Every action has a reaction" Sparrow then reached out and flicked the salt shaker in the middle of the table. Sure enough it toppled over, making a tiny salt mess above the top.

"Some things cannot be undone." Her eyes shifted to meet his.

Sparrow then took in a deep breath and reached out again, wiping the salt off the table before setting the shaker back up. "But you can try and clean up your wrong doings."

"I forgive you... And I do know that at the end of the day if our squads ever had to join forces you would have my back." She smiled, a genuine wholehearted smile and she held it for a second.

"Everyone has bad days and touchy subjects that stir shit up. Trust me I know. Kind of like you actually... a touchy subject that stirs shit up. I still think your annoying and too fucking happy..." slowly her smile faded.

"... But I guess i can try and hate you less." Sparrow reached out again, this time grabbing her plate and pulling it towards her. After that she ripped off a tiny bit of her pancake and threw it at him.

"Has anyone ever told you that your fucking annoying?" She winked before standing up and moving away from the booth.

"I hope your short legs don't slow you down. Lots of stairs to my apartment. I'll show you the Stellarium in a few hours, your hand me down drop packs won't be ready for a while so there really isn't anything else to do that is not at headquarters."

Marakai2.0

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2017, 06:42:52 pm »
Clean up my wrong doings....hate me a little less....hmph. I'll take it...for now.

When her arm extended outward, pancake projectile flinging forward, he felt it - the subtle vibrations as the breakfast confection parted the air, spinning end over end. Whoomph. Whoomph. Whoomph. That's what it sounded like, to him. The movies weren't far off, with their slow motion effects.

Could he have dodged it? Probably. Her movements were telegraphed, plain to see. Could he have caught it? Maybe. He could feel a punch or a kick, or a stinger, hear the most silent scurryings in the desert sand at night amongst a gun fight.

Would he, though? No. No, he wouldn't. He'd accept her wrath, her sticky, syrup covered vengeance. He took it with a smile, right on the nose.

And promptly wiped it off, before he stood, threw on his hoodie, and moved to follow her, deviating course only to move to the front desk...he did say he'd pay for their food, after all. He gestured to their table, did some rough math in his head, and just said fuck it. "I dunno what our table number is. That whole row, there. On me." He smiled brilliantly and ran his wrist under the chip reader, deducting the credit amount from his funds. It was only a number, after all.

He smiled and waves to the cashier before hurrying to catch up to Sparrow again.

"My legs wouldn't be an issue if your course was predictable," he said, catching her last few sentences. "Kinda had to pay for the food. And besides that, I'm faster than I look. Have to be, in our line of work, dontchaknow." He grinned up at her as he fell in step at her side, his arms folded behind his back.

"So. You'll hate me a little less. I can deal with that for now. But. That doesn't mean I won't stop trying to be your friend. I'm impossible to dissuade once I've made up my mind, I'll have you know."

Offline Blink

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2017, 07:06:30 pm »
"I don't have friends... only comrades and family. You are my comrade and the Hellions... they are family."

It was the harsh truth but the truth nonetheless. Sparrow saw the Hellions as her brothers and sisters. Every other pilot was a comrade. Even if she hated some of them...

Sparrow whipped around again walking backwards towards the Hellions living quarters while she talked.

"So tell me. How awful is the desert?"

Marakai2.0

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2017, 08:07:30 pm »
Hmm...no friends...that's...

For a moment, Raz wasn't sure how to respond to that. She said she had no friends...was that by choice, or for some other reason? A squad could be everything: comrades, family, and friends. He'd discovered that himself, since joining the Valkyries. He'd do anything for any one of them, lay down his very life if need be. Where before he'd been shunned - no need to sugarcoat it, he knew how he came across to most people - with the Valkyries he'd been accepted. He found somewhere he felt that he had truly belonged.

Sure, he missed Haviah, all the time. He missed walking the city at night, listening to the city and its insomnia, hearing the sounds of the people going about their lives. He missed his friends there, all of them. But it had always been missing something, something that he had lost a long time ago.

Something he'd never thought he'd find again.

And, true, that void of which he never spoke wasn't filled completely - it never would be, how could it, really? - but having something to place in that gap comforted him.

He wondered...did she have that?

"Well...comrades and family....can they not be your friends, too? One or the other, anyone could be your friend. It just...takes some doing, sometimes." If she were to look - and she did, as she turned around - she would see him walking with his eyes cast downward.

"The desert...it's not so bad. Really hot, and really bright. It's really beautiful at night, though, when Solarta comes to life for real. And there's nothing quite like seeing the dunes by moonlight...it's almost like flying out over the ocean...well, an ocean that's not trying to kill you, I mean." He smiled and glanced up at her, his hands shoved in his pockets now.

"You could come visit some time. I'll even leave you alone, if you wanted. It's just something you'd have to see to truly understand...people call it a pit, but they're wrong. I promise."

Offline Blink

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 11:36:08 am »
"Family bonds are closer." Her last comment on how she differentiated friends and family. Sparrow didn't expect Razican to understand how she felt on it. Of course, every pilot came from different walks of life. Each one had their own story to tell before they become elite, and each one dealt with it differently.

Family was so much more to Sparrow than she could ever explain. Having been given up for adoption and brought into a family that saw her as nothing more than something to brag about Sparrow had always felt she never really had a true family. But then she became a pilot, and then a Hellion. They welcomed her with open arms and treated her with such comradery that labeling them as anything less than family would be offensive. Yes, sometimes she pissed them off and was impractical. However, every single time she did they held her accountable. They cared enough to let her know it was wrong.

So no, Raz would never understand Sparrow's view on the world. Raz would never understand why she was such a hateful person. But most importantly she could tell he would never embrace it either. This is what separated him from her family. The Hellion's took Sparrow for all that she was and nothing less.

She was sure Raz probably had his own dark and twisty story. No one was ever that happy without trying to hide something dark. In fact is almost seemed like every single pilot had some kind of horrible incident in their life that led them to make the jump.

"Dunes by moonlight you say?" She quirked a brow as she tried to imagine it. "Maybe one day I will come see how dull they are in comparison to the Stellarium."

Turning forwards again Sparrow walked up to the large building that housed many of the pilots in Adstreia. There was no handle on the door, it simply lifted the moment she came into range and it was able to read her chip. Once the door opened she stepped inside, waiting for Raz.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2017, 05:53:45 pm »
Family bonds are closer. Ain't that the fucking truth.

Raz knew all too well what family was. True family. Family, like love, was dangerous. The people that were closest to you could hurt you the most, and not even realize it. They didn't even have to do anything to cause that pain. They didn't even have to be there to cause that pain.

Raz shut that thought off as quickly as he could - no sense in that train of thought, that which led only to a dark night huddled in a corner and restless sleep full of nightmares. The past was the past, and dwelling on it could only cause pain. He remained quiet, shutting down his half of that particular topic. He didn't know her well enough to talk about it. Didn't know her, didn't trust her enough. Hell, from what he'd witnessed so far, he could see her using it as ammunition against him later.

Some time, maybe. Not now.

When she turned the conversation to the desert again, he brightened up noticeably. "Oh, it might not compare, but it's still really pretty. You'll see, promise." He offered a small smile, though his facade was still recovering from the train wreck of memories he'd narrowly avoided.

He followed her smoothly and easily into the building, and the door slid shut behind him. "Aww, you do care," he said, attempting to piece himself together again, "holding the door open for me and everything. You're a doll, really." He winked at her and chuckled, the facade back in place.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:03:11 pm by Marakai2.0 »

Offline Blink

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 03:14:36 pm »
Leave it to Raz to pull something like her holding the door open for him out of his ass. "You do realize it has a sensor right? It knows you're right there... I just opened it. It's not going to close until you either walk in or go away." Like hell, she would ever take credit for holding a door open for him.

Sparrow turned again, now heading towards the elevator and pushing the 'up' button. The wait for it to come down was agonizing and Sparrow could feel an awkward silence that would surely come if she didn't do something soon.

"I swear you drive me insane." She leaned against the wall as she waited. "I really just don't get it. I don't get how you can be so fucking happy all the time. I don't get how you can get over me throwing coffee all over your hoodie so easily. I don't get how me ripping those stupid ear buds out of your ears didn't set you off. I have literally thrown anything and everything I can at you today and yet here you are..." she paused to gesture an arm at him.

"... still a fucking pocket full of sunshine!" A sound similar to a hiss escaped her throat as she went on. "I can see through you. I know you're a fake Razican." It was a last ditch effort on her part to get some kind of rise out of him. "I can't stand a fake and you are one if I ever saw one." The door then dinged open yet Sparrow found herself staring him down instead of stepping inside the waiting doors.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 04:55:27 pm »
Raz let out a chuckle as she was going on about the door. He knew perfectly well how the door worked, but getting those responses out of her was just so worth it.  He didn't do much without reason, and the reason now was simply for kicks.

"Yeah, I know, but I knew it'd press a button or two. I don't get why, I really don't, but irritating you a little is just entertaining." He smiled a bit, glancing at her momentarily before following her towards the elevator. "Sorry about that."

Raz watched as she pushed the button, and then glanced up at the top of the door - an indicator let them know that the elevator was coming down from the 64th floor.

Fuuuuuck. Well, at least she decided to fill the silence, and save him the trouble. He smiled faintly as he realize that she was trying to do to him as he had been doing to her.

"I'm happy all the time because I have to be. I don't function well otherwise. Being happy - forced or otherwise - allows me to focus better. If I'm only thinking of how to further my own entertainment or that of others, I don't think of....other things. Besides that, there's thousands and thousands of hoodies available to buy. No big deal."

His eyes slid to give her a sidelong glance, that blue gaze a little sharp and hard for a moment. "If you'd, say, actually broke my ear buds, or heaven forbid damaged  my mp3 player somehow, it would have been different."

At this point, he crossed his arms over his chest, and turned to face her fully, away from the wall and standing on his own two feet.

"Fake? Hmmph. This is as real as you're going to get out of me. I don't know or trust you enough to show you anything else. No offense, but...the only one that knows is Mimsk. And don't bother trying to look it up, either - my information prior to Candyland is confidential by request. I don't even have the clearance to access it."

He let out a little grin. "So, if you want to know, you've got a hell of a ways to go. If my being happy is such a problem, we could just deal with endless awkward silence." That grin grew a little wider, teeth flashing in the semblance of a smile.

"Up to you."

At this point, Raz knew the elevator was about to open, having been aware of its descent even while he spoke. When the bell tolled and the door opened, he slid by her to lean against the back wall, his arms crossed over his thin chest and his eyes closed.

"So, you coming or what?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal