Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: And Here we go again! [Blink!]  (Read 487 times)

Marakai2.0

And Here we go again! [Blink!]
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:33:46 am »
What a day.

The Haviah Inquiry office was, again, a shitstorm. Not at all surprising, considering the day's events, but Karuzo was quickly missing the everyday hum-drum routine he'd been getting familiar with for the last few years.

I mean...come on, first Pilot Echo Rook gets kidnapped, and everything comes to a screeching halt until he's found.

And now Pilot Royal Meadows was dead. How did that happen.

Quite simply, it shouldn't have. She was found, alone and with a hole in the back of her head, down in the slums. The only witness to her murder being a conveniently broken security camera that likely was her bait.

Why didn't she send someone else to fix it? Or hell, why did she go alone? Both of these mistakes, if remedied, could have been the difference needed for her continued welfare.

He sighed, and stood up from his office chair. It was going to be a long night, and he was rather tired of those. He grabbed his jacket and flung it on over his shoulders, checking that his gun and it's holster were both fully covered.

Time to head out into the field..he headed toward the door to his office, preparing to depart into the flurry of red tape that Haviah had become.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 03:34:41 am by Marakai2.0 »

Offline Blink

Re: And Here we go again! [Blink!]
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 11:51:43 pm »
Something was definitely up. Not even an hour after the mysterious assault on every single Pilot's mind Havanah's Com was going off. Turns out she was getting reinstated early, almost half a week early. Her instructions were pretty clear. 'Report to the Inquiry Office Immediately'.

This was bad...

So now Havanah found herself walking into the office where it appeared everyone was in a frenzy. Yep, definitely, something big happened. Quickly Havanah fit back into the mold and she made it a point to get to her own office as quickly as possible. She was still in her sweats and as usual, one of Alec's sweaters. More appropriate clothes were in her bag, slung over her shoulder ready to be changed into as soon as she found the time.

It didn't take long for her to figure out what had happened. She had overheard Pilot Royal Meadow's name whispered more than one time while passing other officers. Other words were picked up as well but the consensus was pretty clear. Summer was dead...

Summer Meadows, the woman Havanah looked up to for so many years. The same woman who single handily helped bring Havanah and Alec together. Summer Meadows... mother to her candidate Matthew.

Catching Karuzo out of the corner of her eye Havanah slid into her office and locked the door behind her. She needed a minute, just one single minute to control whatever emotions it was that was building up within her. She wouldn't cry, Summer would not have wanted that. Instead, she stayed with her back pressed against the door with her eyes closed.

Thirty seconds left. Thirty seconds to get this shit under control.

When her door reopened Havanah was as serious as possible. Immediately her attention set on Karuzo who seemed to be heading out. His office conveniently located across from hers. Yeah, she needed to fix whatever the fuck it was brewing between them. Havanah didn't need even more shit looming over her head.

No time like the present to rip the band-aid off.

"I'm sorry I punched you in the face." Was she really sorry though? Probably not.

Marakai2.0

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 07:40:47 am »
Karuzo halted mid-step, a familiar voice reaching his ears. A voice that for the last week and a half he'd been only slightly apprehensive about hearing.

A voice that accompanied a fist, a fist that was an extension of the woman that had used said fist to blacken an eye, and bring an end to an otherwise pleasurable day.

A voice that, despite the expressed words of apology, did not hold a tone of sincerity. Karuzo knew that tone, had heard it time and time again from the idiot pilots he'd have to deal with on the streets.

Sorry. No, they weren't. If they were, they wouldn't have pulled their ridiculousness to begin with. This was that same tone.

"No, you're not," he said, his back still to her, his leather jacket still slung over his shoulder. "But...I suppose grievances should be dropped, for now, in light of what's happening now."

Now, he turned his head to look over his right shoulder at her, one dark green eye peering out beneath a fringe of silken black strands. His gaze was impassive yet still carrying a sense of irritation. Over the last several days, his anger at the events had lessened to a simmer.

"I only have to ask. Why? Why use me to try to get at someone? True, your point was proven, but you fail to think about how your actions affect others."

Offline Blink

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 01:22:51 pm »
"Do I really need to give you a reason?" she smirked, crossing her arms over her chest as she leaned back against her door. Immediately she felt a pang of guilt for choosing the bitch card in this situation. She really did do him wrong. It's not like he had any idea what was going on in her personal life.

"Listen..." Havanah released a breath she didn't realize she was holding. "... I really am sorry."

"You know me, we have worked together long enough for you to know I'm not good at the whole relationship thing. It was scaring the shit out of me and I just needed to try and prove to myself that I could be with someone else without any guilt." She let her head fall back against the door creating a light 'thump' as she now looked at the ceiling.

"I was wrong and I was angry and I took it out on you. So yes... I am truly sorry." Okay so maybe she meant it this time. It may not have been the most sincere but the sincerity was there.

"Can we just pretend it never even happened and go on with our lives? It's something I don't want to have haunting me every day I walk into this office."

Marakai2.0

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 02:38:10 pm »
Karuzo blinked at her first words, and desperately tried to keep his face impassive as his lips involuntarily began to twist into a sneer. He turned around, and was about to snark right back at her. But, his face softened again when she spoke again.

She apologized, first, and that was all that he really had needed to hear. An apology, a real one, did him worlds of good. There was still the matter of how long he'd waited for said apology, but...he supposed he could let it slide.

Two weeks, or close to it, of free time for her, and her new boyfriend? Plus, having to make it up to Alec to begin with...he understood she was still probably busy, in one way or another.

When she gave her reasoning for why she did what she did, he frowned slightly - not in anger or to disapprove, but rather that he understood where she was coming from. An honest to goodness relationship in this city - this country was a special thing, for sure. People didn't seem to understand, anymore, what that meant.

"I understand, Havanah. Sometimes it can be a bitch to get out of the mindset of 'it's Aedolis.'" He smirked slightly, and lifted a hand to point a single finger at her. "First rule of relationships - cheating is bad. Lesson learned, hmm?"

He lowered his hand, and crossed his arms over his chest. "And...I'll forgive, but I won't forget. Honestly, I'll probably come up with a reason to poke fun at you with it. But....no hard feelings."

His gaze lowered and her hand, and lingered there for a moment. "....so. How's your hand? I see you're not in a brace or a splint."

Offline Blink

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 03:06:44 pm »
It was an uncontrollable smirk when Kazoo threatened to poke fun at her about everything that happened. In all honesty, if that was the worst to come of all of this she could live with it. When he mentioned her hand she instinctively lifted it up, holding her wrist with the other while she flexed her fingers.

"I went to the hospital right after. No broken bones, just bruising. It healed quickly."

Havanah then smiled, pointing at his face.

"And your eye? I see it recovered." She winced, flexing her hand again as she recalled how hard she had actually hit him. "Still sorry about that."

Letting her eyes trail down the hall Havanah remembered why she was here, to begin with. "Listen, we can pick this up later. Work to do and all...." and she was off. On her way to get briefed on what was next and what her part would be in all of this mess.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal