Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Take it...to the limit...one more time.  (Read 391 times)

Anonymous

Take it...to the limit...one more time.
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:13:40 am »
Just a note, I'm using the exact same form across both SotE and RotE.

GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

I tend to prefer having the option to react left open. Depending on the situation, I can generally be trusted to not powerplay my way out of a situation my characters shouldn't be able to escape. I know that there are some situations where someone may want to describe what will happen without waiting on my confirmation for a hit, and in those cases I prefer that it be stated what will happen IF whatever was intended connects. Here's an example:

Sorcerer released a small, quick-moving spark from his fingertips which raced toward Joe-Bob. If it hit, the redneck's skin would turn pink as he would begin to emit a far more pleasing floral aroma.

Also, please don't make assumptions as to what my character will do. I don't mean to sound uppity, but it's my decision to make, unless I have already given you permission to do it. On that note, I don't like characters who can read minds...so if you have a character who can do that, please at least limit how much you do it.

How far can character injuries go?
[How much can another character injure yours? For instance, are you okay with someone stabbing your character before your character can react ("He lunged at him and stabbed him in the shoulder."), or do you prefer to be able to react first ("He slashed the knife at him.")? Should injuries be superficial (flesh wounds), or do you mind more debilitating injuries (like, say, broken bones or lost limbs)?]

It might depend on a few things. Minor injuries are never a problem, nor is anything non-permanent. However, with my characters what is non-permanent can vary from one to another because of their own personal healing abilities. However, I also don't mind undergoing more permanent injuries in the interest of good plot. Generally, ask me before doing anything that could potentially have permanent consequences.

How far can torture go?
[Even if the character being tortured is helpless, the player is not. So what are your limits in regards to it? How far can it go? Cutting? Whipping? Shocking? Restraints? Psychological games? Sexual torture? Etc.]

I like to think that I'm pretty firmly rooted in the idea that what we're doing has nothing to do with real life. Therefore, for the most part I'm cool with whatever might be done. However, if at any point it begins to reach a point where I'm not comfortable with what's going on, I'll let you know and we can talk about it.

Generally, I'd prefer to be asked first when it comes to whatever situation leads up to the character's capture and torture

What about character death?
[Do you mind killing off characters? Or should players always ask permission before attempting it?]

Ask me first:
With only one exception (listed below) this is always an 'ask me first' situation. I'm too attached to my characters to condone having them killed senselessly. However, if having it happen can help further some good plot action I might agree. So ask.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
[Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?]

Another one of those ask-first situations.

What about healing?
For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.]

Will do: Any standard healing: recovering wounds - especially potentially life-threatening wounds than my characters can't heal themselves - easing or curing the effects of poisons, etc.

Won't do: Resurrection...at least, not an easy one. Character death becomes meaningless if it's so easily reversed without repercussions.

Ask me first: Any severe injury that may have been taken as a previous plot point (such as the loss of a limb). There may be a reason for a character's severe injury, and like death it becomes meaningless if such a thing is reversed effortlessly.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
[Do you prefer to fade to black or play it out? What about abuse/rape? Innuendo? What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with?]

Will do: I would really prefer to fade to black. Maybe it's because of the way I was raised but I'm actually a bit...squeamish? About this sort of thing. However, it might be possible to convince me to play it out. Especially when the potential for humor is involved.

Ask me first: Rape is an iffy thing. I recognize that it happens, and also realize that it can be considerably less easy and convenient to simply fade to black. I generally trust people to not randomly pop out wielding the box, but this is something I'd like to have discussed before it happens.

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC

Joe-Bob: This is my exception to everything. I created this character to be maimed, humiliated, and killed repeatedly. The only thing I ask is that he not die the same way twice; I'm essentially giving any other player free license to do to him what they will. Get creative!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal