Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Everybody Talks Big  (Read 535 times)

Offline Nix

Everybody Talks Big
« on: June 25, 2017, 12:58:02 pm »
[Open by request]

It wasn't that Rando hated Haviah. He just didn't like it. It was a very different feel in a both subtle and obvious ways. The general belief was that all Pilots were supposed to love Haviah. It was Pilot central after all.

He preferred Aurora. Even growing up on the streets afraid of getting jumped at any moment for any number of reasons couldn't take away his love for his hometown. There was no love spared for his old neighborhood, but where he lived as a gamer and now as a Pilot, it was much nicer than the dizzying heights of Haviah. Even if he did just stay in the upper levels.

He had been here a on multiple occasions since graduating but usually with the entire Cyclones squadron to do something or other for PR. Staring out one of the Citadel windows in a Ministry meeting room was a very different feeling.

He almost didn't hear what the other Pilot had said to him. Some Pilot Echo Xavijin? Was that their name? He didn't even remember. His mind had traveled out that window and was flying so far out over the city that he was actually floating off of his chair without realizing it. It didn't take a psychic to see that he was zoned out and not listening. As soon as the sentence 'So your father's parole is coming up' left the minister's lips he was gone.

"Pilot Emem? Did you hear what I asked you?" That head of sunset colored hair tilted at him from across the table and he looked over to the Pilot Echo, blinking for a moment, agitated as if he had just awoken from a nightmare.

"I'm sorry what were you saying?" Bertrando said trying not to sound annoyed, trying to be a well behaved and good respectful Pilot like he had been taught. It was hard for him not to wear his emotions on his sleeve though, it was something he was more than capable of but it took actual concentration and never came to him as easily as it did for many other Pilots.

"I asked if you were interested in submitting anything either for or against your father's parole and if you would like to view the parole hearing next month."

He stared across the table, completely dumbfounded by this. "If I want to... no. No I don't. I want nothing to do with any of this. I haven't spoken to my father in eighteen years. I never tried to visit him in jail. I never wanted to. I still don't. If this is all you wanted to see me for may I be dismissed?"

Pilot Xavijin frowned a little, opened their mouth to say something and then shut it again. "You're dismissed Pilot."

"Thank you." He said saluting before fluttering out of there, almost forgetting the helmet to his flight suit. He had come with Zirconium, as it was the fastest and most efficient way for a Pilot to travel from Aurora to Haviah and it still took a nice chunk of time. The plan was to stay over night and head back to Aurora in the morning. It seemed Zirconium was looking forward to staying in the Citadel tonight. Something about wanting to see this puppy for themselves or something.

Rando could care less. Right now he just wanted to get away from these offices. Away from the Citadel. Away from Haviah.

His cheeks felt wet as he reached the elevator and he looked up to see if a sprinkler was going off or there was a leak from the floor above him. Nothing. He wiped away the little drops that were apparently coming from his eyes. When had he started crying? He pressed the button for the elevator again hastily and pulled out his phone to text Vasili, unsure what to say but just wanting to talk to him.

Tucking his helmet under his arm he messaged his boyfriend a simple 'Hey' and when an elevator still hadn't arrived he pressed the button five more times in rapid succession.

Offline nephero

Re: Everybody Talks Big
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 02:01:52 pm »
The reply took a few moments, only just, as if somehow realizing that the ultra casual 'hey' was less ultra casual than one might assume. Then again, this was Rando's boyfriend, and he did have a little more insight than most in this case.

There was a tiny ping, before a sequence of messages followed, one after the other:

[ Hey!!

How

Shit, stupid enter key, sorry. How'd it go??

I'm assumin

Godsdammit.

I'm ASSUMING it was something important if they dragged you all the way to Haviah for it....

You ok?? ]

Offline Nix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 02:42:06 pm »
Finally an elevator came as soon as the texts from Vasili started pouring in. He got on, not even looking up from his phone to see if there was anyone on the elevator.

[ I'm fine.

Not even at all. They could have just sent a me an email about this bullshit.

I just want to come home and see you.

But Zirconium wants to stay the night in Haviah.

This sucks. I hate it here.]

Offline nephero

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 09:21:19 pm »
[Heyy now, dumplin', you'll be home soo

Soon enough.

Haviah ain't too bad, maybe there's an arcade nearby you c

Can irrevocably alter the high scores on. ;]]

Also I don't know if it's still there but pretty sure the first floor had a killer gelato stand, why not get some of that?? ]

It was hard, trying to comfort from a distance, and it was harder still not knowing how to address what was going wrong in the first place. Besides all that, Pilotdom tended to stunt quite a number of people in terms of emotional support, and as much as Vasili always tried, even he knew he was one of that number. It was why there was a number of books hidden away behind endless trashy romances to do with "how to people", not that he'd ever really admit it.

And not that he'd ever really get the chance to properly try and make Rando feel better, because already fate was conspiring against them. And this conspiracy took the form of the elevator doors opening to admit none other than Vasili's own flesh and blood, his only daughter and pint sized hellion when it came to all things Rando.

At first, she didn't seem to notice him beyond being another occupant, and it was only after a quick double take that she realized Rando was not, in fact, a hallucination or waking nightmare, and was, in fact in the Haviah city limits. And apparently, he was crying.

"Uh... heyyyyyy... there... buddy..."

Would it be too obvious to back the hell out of the elevator?  Could she play it off as being like... a sudden bathroom emergency or something? Just yell "OH NO MY PERIOD" and run for the proverbial hills? Shit, the doors had already shut. Shit. Shit. It'd look weird if she slammed her hand on the door open button, right?

Offline Nix

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 07:07:20 am »
Rando cracked a little smile at the texts and wiped his eyes. The combination of Vasili trying to help out despite being so far away and not knowing what was wrong, and those big fingers having trouble with the little keys... He was fluttering above the floor of the elevator before he knew it, which from experience was a horrible place to be doing it for a multitude of reasons. Mainly the fact that he had hit himself on the ceiling of the elevator too many times that way. He willed his wings to return to a rest position, neatly folded behind him, which was hard given how restless he was.

He wanted to get as far away from the Citadel and Haviah as possible despite Vasili trying to cheer him up. He wanted to be back in Aurora wrapped around his big snuggly teddy bear-

Uh... heyyyyyy... there... buddy...

Rando turned to face the other Pilot, jumping in the air and hovering high enough that the next thing he knew the downward movement of the elevator caused him to hit his head on the ceiling. It wasn't very hard, but it was always surprising when the metal moving box you were in whapped you on the noggin. He landed back on his feet gracefully and rubbed his head as he looked at his daughte- totally not step daughter.

"Lilo! What are you doing here??" It came out more like he was snapping at her than he realized. He was just shocked that someone else was on the elevator and that of all people it was Vasili's daughter. Bertrando rubbed his eyes more to make sure there were no remnants of tears left. He didn't want Lilo Hestersen to see him cry.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal