Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Sweet Taste of Disappointment  (Read 8775 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: The Sweet Taste of Disappointment
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2017, 11:17:49 am »
Oh Skies.

Varali tensed. His voice sent a shiver over her damp skin and she squeezed her eyes shut. She'd fallen asleep here. He took her to his bed. To sleep. Why hadn't she woken up? Her back ached from the odd angle her wing had been at all night. The bright feathers clumped together from the shower.

Varali forgot about her pile if underthings beside his bed and simply dived for her own discarded pajamas. The ones he pulled off of her. A shiver at the idea. Though while Varali felt like she should have been repulsed there was a warm tingling in her belly. Though she pushed the idea away.

After this Varali had no intentions of seeing Apollo again.

Tix scurried from his found sleeping spot in a pile of clothing while she fixed her pants and zipped up and around Apollo's shoulders.

"Coffee would be great," she said softly, looking away for a moment, flushed. Still in his shirt. Varali ignored that it felt comforting even though it did little for her wings. "I'm sorry. For falling asleep," she whispered.

Swallowing slowly she looked away. When he went to shower she'd bolt. Go and hide. "Skies, I'm sorry for falling asleep here." She repeated, voice thick sounding.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:22:57 am by Draconian »

Offline Lion

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2017, 09:42:09 pm »
Intentions, inventions, conventions. Some of them were just made to be broken. And others could lead to a lot of fun in a lot of creative ways.

In this instance, he only wanted to have a cup of coffee and had forgot to prepare it the night before.While Varali was busy trying to put more clothes on. Apollo couldn't help but feel as if he were just a little bit hmm, over dressed. Sure he was walking around in his underwear - a nice pair of red briefs that matched his red striped tie.

He wasn't wearing a tie now, and when he was, one usually couldn't see the briefs. But he knew they matched, and that was all that mattered. As ever he had impeccable fashion sense.

"Don't be sorry! You were very warm last night," he said, affirmatively, setting the coffe grounds into the brewer and letting it heat up. Within a few seconds and a cup of water, it was making a fresh cup, foamy just the way he liked it. And he hoped she did too. "Cream and sugar?"

Whatever she indicated, he made it as she preferred before handing her the mug and still using hers that he grinned into as he took in a deep sip.

"And before you think something happened, it didn't. Nothing happened. You were an excellent bed partner, if that's how you'd want to grade yourself. No disruptive sleeping, no tossing and turning, no talking to yourself. I'd say it's an 8 out of 10 easy. And any time you wanna crash at my place, I'd say it's okay."

He invited her to sit at the island and he shiifted around toward the kitchen. "Shall I make us some breakfast? You're my guest after all."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2017, 10:00:22 pm »
Of course it was his apartment.

Why did he still have to wander around in his underwear.

Varali swallowed carefully, moving her wings under the pilfered shirt and arranging her slowly curling damp hair over her shoulder. It was dripping at the bottom right over her breast which was, in turn wasmaking her boob very cold.

Autopilot, she nodded to the cream and sugar.

Then stared at him in horror as he spoke.  "No!" She said, hands out with her enthusiastic cry. "No. No need to make breakfast. I wasn't... intending to spend the night. I'm sure I can manage at.home." she swallowed a sip of coffee and ruffled her wingd again.

"I'm sorry about the shirt." She said softly, "I thought I was in my apartment and... Now i can't find my shirt." Her voice was soft before she got up and drank a large gulp of coffee, wincing when it burned.  "I should go now," she rounded the island and stood beside Apollo.

On impulse, she leaned in, kissing him on the cheek and scooping Tix into her arms. "Have a good day," she whispered finallý before moving away and making her way to the door, "Thank you for the coffee."

Offline Lion

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2017, 10:39:56 pm »
No. No.Nononononononono!  She was trying to leave again!

But at least this time it came so far out of left field that he didn't even see it coming. Could he really blame her? She was dripping through her shirt. Well, his shirt. It fit her just right and she admittedly looked better in it than he did.

Still, the little warmth around his neck that Tix had been, trying to clean his hair, was sorely missed once Varali yanked him from his neck. "Varaliii!" he whined, and flailed uselessly after her and soon she was out the door.

"Okay, don't worry about your tupperware and mug! I'll wash it and......and you're gone," he said, and watched the door as it was left open and heared her slam the door to her own apartment.

At least she didn't close his own door in his face again. Apollo snorted and slowly closed it as Critter followed them and meowed curiously. "Do you want to stay for breakfast, Critter?"  And she jumped off the sofa and scittered toward him. Because food was food.

------
That afternoon, Apollo had made good on his promise on making sure her mug and tupperware was clean before he was standing by her door, gently knocking on it and waited a while for her to answer. When she didn't he set it down by the floor.

With a little note written on it. "Keep the shirt! You make it look good."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2017, 07:26:44 am »
Stupid!

Varali whipped off the shirt as soon as she was in her own apartment, stretched out her little colourful wings and rushed to her bedroom. Stupid!

"Fuck!"

The shirt was thrown into the wall of her bedroom, a hand was pressed to her face. Calm. Tix scurried onto her bed and chittered, looking at the wall that seperated him from his new friend.

And the window.

Open just a bit.

Varali huffed and went about getting ready for her day. Peeling off her gloves and putting on a new pair. At least that explains the 'weird dreams' she got from touching the shower. It wasn't her shower.

Once ready, the day carried on as normal. Returning, tired and a little haggered. As usual the apartment was quiet. Tix wasnt a battle to leave without today, which was odd but welcome. The mug and the tupperware were a surprise and she picked those up before letting herself into her apartment.

"Tix?"

Varali frowned, looking around, chest feeling empty.

"Tix?" Breath coming short now, Varali almost whimpered. Was he stuck? Was he... dead? "Tix!" And... then she ripped her apartment apart. Flushed, a little sweaty. Hadn't changed from her work clothes.

Apollo.

Tix could have... Snuck over there?

Maybe? He liked Critter.

Varali looked at the mug and felt her breath hitch. Frowned at it. Tix was more important than her embarassment.

To his door she went, knocking repeatedly. "Apollo?" Please be home. Please be home. Please be home. "Apollo, I can't find Tix!"

Offline Lion

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2017, 10:44:53 pm »
Apollo, unfortunately, wasn't home. But Critter was. The patio door to the balcony had a special access flap for her to come in and out as she pleased and she knew better than to jump off the ledge when she went outside. The fresh air was nice, the city lights.  And the ...Tix.

Again, when Critter saw this little thing on the side of the ledge, she meowed loudly and stared at the orange ball of fur that scampered over to her quickly and nimbly. Little paws were in her fur and Critter was rolling around with the rodent before scurrying back inside and Tix soon following.

Apollo was just making his way from the elevator when he saw Varali knocking desperately on his door. He pulled the key from pocket, one arm holding a bag of groceries and he set them down.

"Hey, Varali. What's up?" He gestured to her. "Hello. Over here. HI yeah. What...are you doing?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2017, 11:06:51 pm »
Distressed.

Varali's wings spread out in surprise, a tiny display of bright tropical colours. Her hair was a messy bun with loose wavy curls falling from it and she was flushed from worry. Fear.

His voice had her jerk back and she gave him a mournful look. A moment to take a breath and she let her hands fall to her sides as surely as her little wings tightened against her back.

"I can't find Tix. He's never not at home unless he's with me," you could taste the worry in air. Her eyes red with tears. Tix was her focus. The thing that kept her grounded - for the most part. A good deal of events had been averted because Varali needed to take care of Tix.

What was she supposed to do if he was... Gone?

"I thought maybe he snuck into your home. To play with you and critter. He liked you . You're warmer than i am and better to snuggle," she pressed a finger to her mouth to bite at her nail in nervousness, "i just... can you check for me? I dont know if anyone else on this floor has a pet. And... And you and I kind of get along."

Kind of. Except for that closing the door on his face thing.

Offline Lion

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2017, 11:36:38 pm »
"All right, all right! Calm down, we'll get to the bottom of this as soon as possible. I'm sure everything is fine," he murmured, gently maneuvering her out of the way so that he could open the door.

Her panic was evident and the moment held enough weight behind it that he immediately took his key and shoved it into the lock, turning it fast and opening the door for her. He allowed her inside first, dragging the grocery bags behind them and hoisting them up on the counter. From immediate view there was no indication that even Critter was in the apartment.

"Critter!"

And nothing. "Huh," Apollo moved around to check the bedroom, her cat tree and nothing. Well, fuck him sideways then.

"Critter! Treats!"

There was a rustling sound somewhere and as Apollo followed it, he opened up the cabinets above the fridge, and there was Critter curled up with Tix with the bag of treats open and a mess all over the shelf bottom. "Critter! Bad kitty!"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2017, 09:11:23 am »
It felt like going hollow.

Varali could barely breathe, her breath was caught in her throat. The idea that Tix was just gone made her want to curl up. Deep breaths. Calm. Varali stood in the door way, not willing to go into his apartment because what if?

When Critter didn't make her appearance, Varali chewed on her lower lip. Nervous and full of butterflies. Though...

Bad kitty.

Varali closed the door behind her and rushed further into the apartment. A wide grin on her face. "Tix!" She didn't feel angry. Just relieved. Despite her ability to communicate better... They were still animals. Varali was so overcome with relief and joy she wrapped her arms around Apollo's midsection and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek.

Pressed against the fridge, arms up. "Tix!" She wiggled her fingers, "the both of you! Get down from there! You can't just barge into someones home and gorge on treats!" She chastised, wings fluttering to keep her balance while on her tiptoes. "That's rude!"

Though she pause and looked to Apollo.

"Thank you. I owe you. I was about to make a melt down."

Offline Lion

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2017, 10:09:58 am »
The kiss to his cheek left Apollo's cheek all warm and tingly all over. And he gently touched his cheek, grinning, and shifted around so that Tix and Critter could come down, although Critter. Was being rather lazy about it. She stretched, mewled and cleaned her paws.

Tix wrapped himself around Varali's neck and Apollo had to pry Critter from eating another treat. She mewled again, and let herself be cradled to the sofa.  Alrighty, crisis averted for now.

"Hey it's not a problem. Anytime you need something let me know. What else are neighbors for?" he blushed just a little and reached up to pet Tix's head. The red floof took it as an opportunity to skitter across to his arm and wrap his tail around his neck.

"Hey Tix. What happened? Varali, can he tell you why he got out? And how?

Offline Draconian

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2017, 10:37:40 am »
Varali frowned and looked around. Frowned at Tix.

Then wandered through the apartment.

To the porch.

"You jumped over here?!" She barked from outside, going back in, pale and a little shaky. "Do you have any idea how far down it is!?" Tix did his best to hide in Apollo's hair. When that didn't work he shuffled down into the man's shirt, resting by his belly.

"I know you like Critter and having a friend is fun, but you can't just... Leap! You could fall!" Tix snuggled up into a lump of a ball at Apollo's side, clinging to the shirt. Chastised and full of guilt, Tix remained where it was safe and warm. Varali crossed her arms over her chest and took a deep breath.

Teal eyes turned to Apollo.

A glance to his bedroom.

She still couldn't believe she'd passed out here.

"Have you had dinner?" She asked Apollo softly, quite done with Tix tomfoolery. For now.

Offline Lion

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2017, 02:55:43 pm »
He had to admit it. Thoughts like that couldn't stay hidden forever. She was kinda cute when she was flustered, and underneath all that panic, the relief that came after was immediately lightening, and so worth it. Tix was safe, in good hands, and despite her scoldings, Apollo's hands cradled around the lump that slithered his way into his shirt.

Apollo cackled, throwing his head back. Little paws skittering against his skin had him trying to cuddle Tix further against him. "Come out, now.  Stop."  He unbuttoned his shirt and wrapped Tix up in it, bundling him up and placing him on the couch.

"He's very sorry, I'm sure," he laughed, pulling his undershirt back into place. And began to set the groceries away.

"Nah. I haven't had a chance to cook yet. I need to wash my dishes first," he chuckled, snorting. "Why? Are you offering? Because the answer is yes."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2017, 09:05:29 pm »
Tix made himself right at home in the nest of Apollos shirt. Peeking over the fabric to spy on Varali while she habitually opened and closed her wings. A nervous habit. One that had replaced biting her nails. Tix turned to Critter, offering her a space on his shirt and hunkered down for an after treat nap.

Varali, of course, was surprised at how..  Quickly the invitation was accepted. A flush on her cheeks, though not from worry or anger. Nor shame. Simply... A flush. She glanced away and swallowed.

"You don't even know what I plan on making. What if I just give you a pile of bird seed?" Varali spread her wings as wide as they would go as a reminder of what she wasn't - completely human. "Maybe a plate of worms?" She smiled at her own teases, "its a veggie stirfry. With noodles. I don't eat animals. Its weird and feels wrong when I can talk to them."

She glanced away and cleared her throat, frowning at what a little traitor Tix was. Slowly moving to the door, "Do your dishes," she instructed, taking hold of tbe handle, "I'll leave the door unlocked for you. I..  Pop by if you want to join me for dinner. If you do, bring Tix. If you don't... i'll come by later and get him. No hard feelings."

Then to avoid questions, comments or concerns, Varali left. Though she didn't slam the door this time. Simply went to her own apartment and began making enough food for two. Well, two and seconds.

Offline Lion

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2017, 11:47:40 pm »
So it would inevitably end up as food for four wouldn't it?

Her nerves were getting the better of her, the poor thing. Apollo's eyes flickered over her, those little twitches, movements not at all lost on him. Her wings spread out and their colors reflected the vague warm lighting, even twinkling with a vague sparkle here and there.

Intermittently, and here he was just appreciating every inch of her in those ragged work clothes and wondering what she looked like without them. Ah, well, he knew what she looked like. And he could very well imagine what it must feel like to touch her all over.

"Okay, I'll come by when they're done," he replied genuinely. The sincerity in his voice surprised even him. Tix watched Varali leave and when the coast was clear, he cuddled around Critter, who cleaned at his ears.

Well, shit. Looks like he now had to wash those dishes. What was usually an exercise in futility ended up in a marginal dent being made in the general mess that Apollo's apartment had been. He just couldn't be bothered? Why should he? He had so many other important things to do.  Like have dinner with gorgeous neighbors.

Apollo showered, redressed, even cologned and took Tix with him by the shoulders, and Critter at his feet, and gently rapt knuckles against Varali's door. "I'm sure those noodles are worth the wait."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 12:15:49 am »
Plates of food were on the table, the food steaming, and she'd gotten comfortable from her work clothes. Varali changed into a nright yellow sundress, the back exposed to the top of her butt, the fabric hanging from.her chest.

Hair still in a messy unkempt bun. It was clear she wasn't meant.to be going out in her state. The knock at the door had her fixing her hair in a mirror and pinching her cheeks for a flush before she went and answered it.

Varali's apartment was a mirror of Apollo's.

Though hers was pristine. There was the general cuddl/play area for Tix and more potted plants than most people could shake a stick at.her silent alarm systems.

She supposed she could have just asked the plants where he had gone.

Too late now.

After opening the door, Varali was taken aback. Blinking wide and tilting her head. Had he always been that handsome? Varali chewed on her lip and tilted her head to the side, a chunk of hair falling from her messy bun.

"Come in," she said stepping aside, blinking at him still. Gawking. "You look nice," she said impulsivly. An arm motioned to the table. Cups of water. A candle. The light was still on but the attempt at a nice dinner was made.

"Thank you. For Tix. I dont think hes ever liked someone as much as he likes you." Varali licked her lips, looking at dinner before desting herself and digging in. "Eat while its hot," she instructed, fixing her hair and pajama gown.

Offline Lion

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2017, 12:41:51 am »
This...this was her place? Good gods, why couldn't his just stay clean like this?

Apollo stepped inside with a small degree of hesitation. Like he didn't even deserve to be in here, and yet. The aura couldn't have felt more welcoming. The plants, the place for Tix to scamper around. It was rather perfect. Of course, Critter had her cat tree and her toys and every waking moment Apollo could play with her.

But not this!

"Thanks," he said and watched as Critter took immediately to her new surroundings and Tix immediately scampered off to show Critter around, and the chase once again began.

"I like your place. It looks like mine. But better. I'm actually kind of jealous. Do you do interior decorating on the side?" he chuckled, observing the candle and the water and the...food.  "Wow, you weren't kidding. This looks amazing."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2017, 06:33:44 pm »
Varali frowned and looked around her apartment.

It was... Pristine.

Not homey.

There were no pictures of family. No pictures of her. No pictures of... Anything that wasn't scenery or flowers. A glance away and she smoothed her hand over the table before she glanced at Apollo. "I... No," she replied softly to his question about decorating. Perhaps if someone was looking for 'clinical' and 'painfully clean'. Varali cleared her throat and glanced away, blushing before she took her seat at he table.

"It's not that amazing," She said softly, taking her fork out and starting to eat. Glancing at her glass of water and taking a sip before she took a deep breath, "I tried a little harder to impress you," She cleared her throat, "As a thank you. For putting up with me."

Offline Lion

« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2017, 08:39:04 pm »
She was trying to impress him? Now that was just fucking adorable!

Why!? Why did she have to be adorable? Why did she have to shy away from him? Why couldn't she be just like everyone else he hit on and hit back on him in turn? Apollo was naturally flirtatious, he couldn't help it. And nine times out of ten it was simply him being friendly with no real intention of carrying through. Sure maybe that one tenth happened more often than he cared to talk about.

He wasn't ashamed of it. It was what it was.

Apollo took his seat, looking her up and down with hooded eyes. Easy Apollo, he chided himself. "Well, all right then. Thank you accepted. Let's eat, my friend," he chuckled.  She beat him to it of course. But he wasn't going to be a barbarian. That was saved for the bedroom.

He stabbed a fiew pieces of broccoli and noodles and dunked them in the sauce and spices and closed his eyes, letting himself focus on the taste. "It's pretty damn good, Varali. Seriously. You've got a gift for food, girl. I love it."  He laughed and sipped his water. "Oh...you don't have any wine? I can grab some from my apartment. It's cool!"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 09:07:42 pm »
Varali shrugged simply.

Her eyes on her food while she sipped water and ate quietly.

"I don't drink," she said simply, looking up at him for a moment before she glanced away, clearing her throat. It tasted awful and made her feel funny. Her wings gave another nervous little flutter but she nodded towards the door, "You're free to help yourself if you want wine with dinner," She said softly before she did her best to smile.

Another moment to clear her throat and she nibbled at her food carefully, glancing away.

This was awkward.

Why did she think she could share a meal with someone? Varali was best alone. Where things could be quiet. Usually she had a meal alone in front of the television watching some stupid movie or something. Varali ate slowly while Apollo went and got his wine, wings fluttering open and closed, spreading wide and fanning them slightly though she snapped them closed quickly when he returned.

Oh. Glasses.

Clearing her throat, she smiled slightly and got up before going to the cupboard and getting two wineglasses. A brief look at them, a quick rinse and a cloth to wipe off the dust before she cleared her throat. "My mother got them for me. A dish set. Said she'd upgrade me to crystal wine glasses once I got married," She snorted softly before she looked at one of them, holding it delicately, "Good thing I never counted on having crystal wine glasses." She moved to the table, putting them down before she paused and sighed.

"I... What are you looking for, Apollo?" She said softly, head down, eyes averted, "From me, I mean."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 09:08:58 pm by Draconian »

Offline Lion

« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 09:35:01 pm »
When he came back, Apollo held a fin bottle of 42 underneath his arm and when he came back​ inside, he presented it too her. It was all right if she didn't drink. But a fine wine never hurt anybody. Or as fine a wine as this 10 buck bottle could be.

Apollo didn't care. It tasted great.

He settled it on the table and was sure to bring his corkscrew, jamming it in and popping the top out like nothing and smelling the red.  The tingle lit up his senses. "Mmm," came that soft hum. 

And...she was bring two glasses. He thought she didn't drink? Oh, far be it from him to question it and not offer!  He'd brought it over to share after all.

"Oh? Don't think you can find someone that can cherish everything you are?" he countered, pouring her a glass of the already chilled wine. He poured his own and raised it. 

"What do you think I'm looking for from you?" he asked back. Mostly because he was curious as to her opinion on him. Clearly he'd been pretty sleazy in the past. And he still was. Some things never changed, yet...she was so sweet and endearing, what possible reason was there for him to want to stay away?

"Who said I was looking for anything? Maybe I can genuinely like your company."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:00:36 pm by Lion »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal