Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Sand between the toes [Planet Drorth]  (Read 4593 times)

Stardancer

Re: Sand between the toes [Planet Drorth]
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2015, 08:43:05 pm »
Shaking their hands, Yashana smirked. "I'll bet. I myself have killed plenty of beasts and monsters. Especially if they wander too close to my home. They don't stand a chance after that."

Yashana met Sobrik's eyes then. "True Bloods, huh. Yeah, there have been several of those vermin making their raids on my home community. But with the combined force of all the villagers, myself included, they bit the dust soon enough. I take it you're the leader of the Koresh tribe? You look it."

To Vivian, the warrior got out her fiery weapon, unsheathing it to show them. "That's why I carry one of these babies. After all, fire burns through just about anything." She also had a sharp dagger strapped to her other side, just above her knee on her upper thigh. A grayish bag was slung over one shoulder as well.

She chuckled. "I'm game. For both the ride and drinks. Maybe if we're lucky, another of them Tunnelers will come our way. My community could also use the meat. If you've got any to spare, that is."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2015, 09:18:43 pm »
Sobrik gives Cobra a smirk. "Well tradition is tradition, but let me make you an offer. I'll brew you a Black Cactus the hardest of Agnar liquors and if you can down one glass I'll pay for seconds too if not you gotta pay."

Turning back to the newcomer. "The headdress gave me away didn't it?" He gave off a hearty laugh. "You're my kind of person, hates True Bloods and loves the hunt."

Stardancer

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2015, 09:30:41 pm »
"Well, that too. More so, its the way you carry yourself. You hold all the posture of a leader. The power, the strength, the glory. Need I continue?" Yashana said, looking him over again.

Sheathing her scimitar, she said, "I hate anything that dares to harm my community and its people."

Heading towards the vehicle then and giving the navigator a grin, her stance ever rippling with both inner and outer strength, Yashana looked back towards the duo. "Let's get those drinks then."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2015, 10:45:28 pm »
''I am sure we can spare something.'' Vivian assured. It was not often they had a doublekill.

''As for the drink, deal. I still need to buy one round since I fell off.'' she hopped on the sandsurfer. ''Come let's go. Celebration awaits.''

''How about a bath first. Gods...'' Cobra joked and Vivian grinned. ''Not be a bad idea. It is still morning we have time. The places where you can get a good drink in Drorth are not even open yet. I call for mixed group bath and get all the sand from between our hair and fur and clothes.'' she said and looked at Sobrik and Yashana.

The radar at the least was silent so there were no new Tunnelers in the near enviroment. ''Any plasma shells left?''
''Two. I gave the rest to Sobrik for his sword.'' the male Uras spoke. ''Kind of good that I did huh?''

''I would kiss you but it seems I'm covered in Tunneler goo.'' Vivian teased.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2015, 04:17:59 am »
"Fine by me." Yashana said, regarding the bath. "And I'm sure I speak for all my people when I say thanks in advance for sparing some of the meat from your kills. We haven't had much meat to go around lately, only desert hares and geckos. Which is why I and several others have been sent out to find and hunt what we can. We split up into groups of two or three. I am obviously by myself though."

Cracking her knuckles with loud pops! she craned her head to look at Vivian then. "Yeah, tunneler goo does not become you." she remarked wryly. "Fraid' I didn't bring any soap with me so I'll have to borrow whatever you guys got."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2015, 06:59:44 pm »
"Well if everyone is getting into the bath together mine as well join in the fun. Cobra you better start this thing soon before we pick up another monster because I can't dishonor the gods and not hunt it." Sobrik chuckles ay his or statement.

Stardancer

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2015, 09:00:55 pm »
"I'll bet I can take one down if we do run into another." Yashana's competitive drive surfaced then, a gleam of the hunt's fury evident in her eyes. "It would be an exciting thing for sure!"

Yet the ground was quiet and still for now, no sign of any other Tunneler prey coming their direction. Yashana heaved a disappointed sigh at this. "Well, let's go then. Real baths are hard to come by where I live." She smacked Sobrik on the shoulder then. "Plus I still got blood stains on my clothes from previous hunts that wouldn't fully wash out." Indeed she did have stains on her clothing, albeit dried brown ones.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 10:59:55 pm »
With everyone aboard, the vehicle headed back to Usha. On the way back they met the retrieval vehicles. It was also heavily armed in case another beast showed up and moved a bit slower. But it was also bigger and designed to hover.

''Good luck guys!'' Vivian said with a grin.

The vehicle got returned and the mechanic seemed just as exited as the hunters were. Although petted the sandsurfer like a pet when hearing a Tunneler hit it from below and was soon focussed on fixing the damage done.

---

The public baths were quite something. The water had been imported from the nearby ocean planet in trade for trinkets of molded coloured glass which was something the merfolk and water elves loved there. Vivian paid for the whole group though and they got assigned a large bath that could easily fit double their numbers.

Vivian took a shower first though to get the goo off and joined last with a pleased sigh as she entered the warm waters, a towel wrapped around her body to keep her a little modest. It was a rule here. Only two days a week it was permitted to go 'full natural' and today was not that day.

''Thanks Viv'' Cobra said giving her a peck on the cheek.

''No problem at all.'' Vivian replied and exhaled with delight.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2015, 01:31:46 pm »
Depositing her weapons as well as leather tunic and gauntlets in a special locker right outside the bathing room, Yashana also undressed putting her clothes away too. Grabbing a towel she wrapped that around herself as the rules had been explained to her earlier. A bit disappointed though but she dealt with it.

Sinking into the waters as well, Yashana gave a contented sigh, before cracking her knuckles again. "Definitely much better than a sponge bath." she chuckled and relaxed in the water some, before rotating one ankle around in the green mineral warmth.

Her cleavage spilled out over the top of the towel as it was obvious to anyone she was very busty. Various scars also littered her skin, but not to the extent that it was unattractive. It just proved the woman had seen many battles in her life. Yashana had unwound her hair from its thick braid, and it now spilled loosely down her back in wavy curls, due to it being braided for so long. She leaned against the wall of the bath, and glanced over to the screens dividing the other baths from their view.

"Nice place here I say."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 07:42:19 pm »
Sobrik was the last of the group to get in the bath because there where no towels that fit him. After getting a custom made towel he comes out and slinks into the bath.

"No kidding." Sobrik checked the woman more thoroughly now. It wasn't the size of her bust that made her attractive to him, it was the scars she bares. He wonders if Vivian wasn't covered in fur if she would have battle scars.

He then turns to the woman. "You know I don't think you told us who you are."

Stardancer

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2015, 03:52:01 am »
Yashana gave him a pointed look and then chuckled. "I know I did when we first met, unless you weren't listening?" She shook her head. "I'm Yashana, Yashana Joriin, warrior and hunter of my community. My community consists of four villages, all side by side."

Adjusting her position in the bath, and flinging a wayward piece of hair over her shoulder, Yashana looked at the others as she continued. "Everyone in my home is expected to contribute something, whether that be hunting, foraging, guarding or acting as a healer, we all have to do our part. I am no exception to that rule."

Touching a bunch of heavy scars on her right shoulder, she indicated to those with a hand. "See these? There had been a band of traveling giants who ventured too close to my home. Me and a few others quickly dealt with them, myself chopping off their leader's head and arms. But not before the malodorous bastard gave me a fierce blow to the shoulder with its spiked club. Luckily it wasn't poisoned."

Caressing the scars a bit, Yashana looked up. "So the bloke lay dead two appendages and a head shorter than what he had been. We killed off the rest pretty fast after that." The woman laughed lightly at this.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 05:18:50 am »
''I could show my scars but it would require to drop my towel.'' Vivian said calmly. ''Most of mine are not visable due to the fur. Only the big ones are''

She grabbed some soap and started to wash herself a bit more. ''I can not say I ever met a sand giant before though. Take me with you next time.'' she grinned. ''but you indeed were lucky.''

''Viv had a one on one batthe with one of the very large scorpions. The poison nearly killed her.'' Cobra said.
''Yea let's not talk about that.'' she said with a chuckle. Being covered in the foamy soap looked a little weird and she dipped herself under to rinse it off.

''Still you are one of the best fighters I know. And the most insane. Nobody would've considered jumping on the Tunneler'' he grinned and looked at Yashena. ''Here everyone is required to do their contribution to the community too depending on ones talents. Some are only devoted to making pretty things from this world's sand. Most that is made of it is traded at the ocean planet. Thank the Gods we have solar power though.''

''Other then a part of todays catch. Anything your people require? Surely with the towns leaders we can come to some agreedment. Nobody of the hunter team disagreed giving you a part of what we took down. But if you need more then we may need to ask things back.'' Cobra asked

Offline Jounin

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2015, 06:57:03 am »
"Ah yes I just mist have missed your name Yashana." Sobrik starts lathering himself with soap. It was kind of needless for because Agnars shed to get clean, even the scaled ones like him, but he would never turn down the chance of camaraderie. Plus it never hurts to get his scales shiny and smelling nice.

"Yashana can come with me." Sobrik replies to Cobra. "I am meeting with the leaders for a trade agreement and possible alliance after this, I can see what they can do for the humans. I would also like Vivian to come too, I must have at least one person I hunted with hearing this discussion as a sign of respect."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2015, 02:48:40 pm »
''Sure. If you think I am the right one to come with, I'm honored.'' Vivian replied. The bath was good and relaxing. She knew in her head very well how lucky she was. If she had not been an Uras she certainly would not have been able to run that fast and long.

And still. This was far better then the planet they originated from.

''Well if any of you need more manpower, I am available for hire. Many people in Usha are. Just be careful not to get ripped off your money. But if the leaders of this sandstone-spaceship-Droth creature skeleton town can think of something then it would be good. We do not have that much trouble regarding invading beasts''

Stardancer

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 08:50:19 pm »
Grabbing a bar of soap as well, Yashana began washing her body of any dirt or grime from traveling. Well, as much as she could reach since a lot of her body was covered by a towel. She soaped up real good, also washing her feet too. Running the soap through her long black tresses, she spoke up again.

"Those sand giants are nasty, but nothing my people cannot handle. Their numbers may be dwindling as far as I'm concerned. Good riddance I say." The warrior frowned at the mention of the scorpions but said nothing. After all her father had died from a deadly sting from a desert Hydra. Yashana, her brother Corbun and some others including guards had managed to slay the two in the vicinity, but not before the serpentine beasts killed both her parents. Her father and mother had fought valiantly but it hadn't been enough. Even their toughened endurance wasn't enough to counteract the fatality of the Hydras' poison. As far as she knew their poison was among one of the strongest of the desert creatures here, if not the strongest.

Rinsing her hair of suds, she leaned back a little savoring the warmth of the water. "Besides meat, we could use a few more cooking and eating utensils. Pots, pans, forks, and the like. Not much though, just to replace some of what is getting old and useless with age. In return, some of our poachers can trade various leathers, hides and dyes as well as salt from salt bushes that are more than plentiful in our area."

Yashana paused for just a second, thinking. "While the village leaders have acquired some dragon hide from a red dragon that used to live some miles away, we do have one or two spare pieces of that we could trade for something of equal worth. The dragon had been a nuisance several years back and a large group of us were sent out to hunt the creature down and kill it. It was not an easy task, or so I've heard. I was much too young at the time to go on such a mission though. Nearly two decades ago it was. The dragon yielded a lot of hide we used to make into armors, gauntlets and various other things. My father was on that mission then as well. He fought bravely, rest his soul."

To Sobrik's suggestion, she nodded. "Sure thing, I can do that. Would be good to discuss various trading and hunting prospects. My people have allied with the Uras in times past, although it's been awhile so none of you would probably remember it. Been about fifty years ago at least. Other peoples and nomadic groups we've also had plenty of contact with as well. So future alliances would be most welcome. And I don't doubt your city's fortifications are pretty sturdy." she remarked almost as an afterthought.

Wading a bit in the water, she dunked her head under to get the last remaining bit of soap off. "If'n we're lucky, we'll run across a minotaur or two. Fights like that really get the blood pumping. More horns to make tools out of."

Offline Jounin

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2015, 06:08:01 am »
"Great!" Sobrik announces as he finished up washing himself. "Then it's settled, may all our races truly prosper in hope that we will all have empires in the sand. This meeting shall be a great step forward for all of us."

Sobrik had expected the routine hunt then talk, but he has met so many skilled hunters and their camaraderie is undeniable. Truly the Five Deities have something big in store for him, Vivian, and Yashana he can just sense it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:24:18 am by Jounin »

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2015, 10:56:30 pm »
'We lack the glasses of booze to cheer on that unfortunatly. I suppose we can celebrate tonight then.'' Vivian said with a short stretch before heading out of the water to sit on the edge of the bath.

Cobra grinned. ''Best to keep the drinking after meeting with the elders'' he added.

''After we finished up with the meeting, we can go to the usual place for celebrating. Food, good drinks and pleasant company. What more can we ask for.'' Vivian said with a grin.

Stardancer

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2015, 04:16:20 pm »
Yashana also finished up after one last dip in the water and got up then, wringing out her hair over the edge of the bath. "Exactly my kind of celebration, gathering with those who had taken down two Tunnelers. A pity I wasn't there to partake in the fight."

Rotating her shoulders some, Yashana cracked her knuckles again and said bluntly, "Well, let's get cracking then. Time's awasting."

Going over to a side room to dry herself off as per the rules stated, then went to retrieve her clothes, boots and leather tunic putting them back on. Grabbing her weapons and bag of belongings from the locker she had put them in, Yashana was ready to roll. "Let's head out now. Day's not getting any longer." For it was already late afternoon as it was, the shadows shifting about as the sun's rays shone down brightly.

Offline Jounin

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 03:46:13 pm »
Sobrik got out and changed. "Ok ladies of the hunt lets head out." Sobrik left the bathhouse, he stands at the end of the street for a little bit before turning to Vivian. "So...I've never actually have done direct dealings with your people before. Where is the building your leaders reside in?"

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2015, 12:49:10 am »
''In the middle layer. Don't worry I know the way.'' Vivian said as she headed to the changing rooms. Those were not private though and discarding the towel nonchalantly before she got to drying her fur and hair. Indeed there were pretty nasty scars on both her back, chest and legs.

When done the group split up. One would do their own thing until it was time to drink at the decided place, and the other existing out of Sobrik, Yashana and Vivian would head out to meet those elders. Well. More like the people who kept this city running.

It was a good walk though and by the time they crossed half the city, it was the sandstone that radiated the warmth of day as the sun slowly made its way to dusk.

After stating their business the guards let them pass and two guided them to the right room where they were offered something to drink, and something small to eat. The leaders would arrive shortly.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal