Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)  (Read 7481 times)

Offline SilverLuna

To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:13:09 pm »
The door of a luxery three story apartment opened. It used to be three seperated ones but three above one another had been bought and adjusted so it was three floors. They had purchased a part of the surrounding ground too that was attached to their room and had been turned into a flawless garden. The Khasuul's were rich merchants. In money anyway.

Farren and Emily entered the well and warmly lit place and were greeted by a few servants. ''Please prepare a good meal for the lady and something nice and warm to drink.'' Farren said to the servants who nodded. Even though Emily's parents were not home they did not dare to play with the girl. Fearing for their job. ''It is alright I am not hungry.'' she took a hold of her suitcase and started to drag it to her toom. Which was not easy since the thing was bigger then herself.

''I will go to my room and sleep. I want to be alone'' she bowed politely but before she could proceed Farren helped Emily with her suitcase to the elevator to the third floor where her room was.

Her room was large, clean and neat. With a big bed that had curtains and silken sheets. Her dolls were neatly organised on a shelf and on the other side was a desk with beside it a large book case that had many different kinds of books. About the art of trade, identifying rare goods amongst cheap ripoffs. On the lowest plank were a few fairy taile books. ''Thank you Farren. D-dismissed...'' she whispered. She felt like she could cry and she did not like ordering them around.

Farren nodded and left the room, and Emily all by herself.
She went to the window and opened it. The air was cool but rather then the garden or the city, she looked up. The stars were barely visable with all the light abd she folded her trembling little hands. She prayed again. She did so almost every day. Not to a single God but the stars.

''Please sweet stars in the sky. Can you listen to my prayer? Just listening is enough. That is more my parents already do.'' she started. The first tears falling over her cheeks. ''If any of you have the time though. Can you please say hi? I... I need someone who...'' the knot in her throat became to tight though to say it. ''Please let my mommy and daddy come home safe.'' she spoke a few names of stars she had once read or heard about in stories. Evadne was one of those names. ''I wish you all a good night and.. and that your radiance will inspire many.''

Emily rarely asked anything for herself. Not because she got what any girl wanted. Emily only needed to smile at a toy and she would get it. But everything she did ask for. The simple things, were never given.

She started to unpack her suitcase and returned her clothes to the wardrope. In the end she did not need these at all. Being sent back the afternoon the following they they had even arrived.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

Re: To wish upon a star, Part 2 (Stardancer)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 03:07:13 pm »
In another city garden not too far away from the three story home where the little girl lived, Evadne became aware of her name being whispered, in the same voice as before. The little girl was praying again, wishing upon the stars for any who would listen. The celestial bodies of fire would always listen, and they too felt the sorrow of the young mortal. Evadne heard not only her name being called, but a few of her kindred as well. Most of whom in fact could do nothing more than listen to the pleas of a lonely child. Evadne however in her human-like form, could do more though. That was the whole reason she was here now.

Getting up, she once more let the voice be her guide and followed it to its source. Soon, the Star was standing by the base of the house, observing what she could. Blinds covered many of the windows of the dwelling, except for one that was. At the very top, a window stood open, the cool air from outside blowing into the room beyond. It was there the voice had come from, Evadne was certain of it.

Sitting down on a nearby bench, she made to speak to the girl in her own special way, the language of the Stars themselves. Directing her thoughts upward, she channeled a bit of Star-Song into her speech, a surefire way to let the girl know she had been heard and to uplift her as well. "Greetings young one. Your prayer has been heard. Look out your window and below, I am here. Evadne is my name. You are not alone."
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:22:25 pm by Stardancer »

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:38:12 pm »
Emily heard the voice although was not sure where it came from at first. She placed the dress in her hands on the bed and walked to the window. She spotted Evadne and smiled. She recognised her as the woman who returned pricess Sophie to her.

She spoke the word that had crossed her head when her doll got returned. ''Pretty..'' she said softly and waved with a smile. She could feel a strange kind of warmth but also more tears building up in her eyes. ''I... I will open the door.'' she said.

She wanted to let the woman or rather said star in. Not doing so would be rude right? She got away from the window and rushed downstairs. Breaking already the rule that ladies were never permitted to run. Rather then the elavator she this time took the stairs and when on the lowest floor, after of course passing one of the servants on her way down.

Out of breath from both running and exitement, the girl reached the door and opened it. Her prayer was heard. It was actually heard. Actually knowing someone listened already had made her feel happier.
Iliya Calhaan       Aeria          Emily Khahsuul        Kayden Galwyn          Vivian (open roleplay)          Meria (open roleplay)          Rosalie & Joseph          S.I.B.I.U.

Stardancer

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 04:32:59 pm »
When the door to the three-story house opened, Evadne stood up then and walked over to it and the girl who stood there, an excited look upon her face, as well as the remnants of a few tears. It was obvious that the little girl had been crying not too long ago.

The Star greeted the girl in her own tongue, one that would be heard from within as well as without in its own radiant way. "Greetings to you. Might I know your name, little one?"

The aura around Evadne glowed in a warm whitish light, of both peace and comfort, as well as having a certain timelessness about it. It would definitely make anyone within her presence feel a sense of belonging and tranquility.

Evadne waited to be let inside, plus she didn't wish to alarm one of the servants who happened to be staring straight at her in bewilderment some feet away, if not even a slight wariness. However the pure strength of the Star's aura may simply have the effect of washing away any discomfort like waves on a beach would. If he did feel discomfort, it would only be for a fleeting temporary moment of time.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 01:00:53 pm »
''My name is Emily..'' she started before Farren made his way to her too. ''Young lady Emily, you know yiu are prohibited from running in the house and open the door there can be dangerous people outside...'' he started and joined her.

''But Farren... she is a star! An actual star!'' The girl saud enthousiasticly.

''A star? I do not remember a celebrity having an appointment..'' the man spoke before he looked at Evadne more clearly.
''Oh my..'' he spoje siftly and cleared his throat before stepping aside. ''My apologies mi-lady please come in.''

Stardancer

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 06:28:02 pm »
Bowing her head politely, Evadne answered the man. "It is quite alright, sir. I understand completely." switching back to the common tongue.

Stepping inside, she extended her hand to Farren as she had seen many mortals of many worlds do in way of greeting someone. "My name is Evadne and I hail from far away. I am a traveler of a sort, aiming to see what I can and to help where I can." Evadne smiled reassuringly, wanting to ensure these good people she meant them no harm. Her aura shifted as a result, shining brighter as well. For indeed a piece of the very heavens themselves had come down to the earth, the Flameling wanting nothing more than to be of whatever aid she could.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 11:03:43 pm »
Farren was usually not the person in the household to shake hands but me made an exception. ''This way please.'' he said. Some other servants had paused their work too. He lead Evadne to what seemed to be a small meeting room and gestured her and Emily to sit down. ''Can I get anything to drink or eat for you mi-lady?'' Farren asked.

Emily whom seemed exited and could actually express herself would be given warm milk to calm down again.

Stardancer

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 02:37:05 pm »
Smiling comfortingly at all the servants they passed, Evadne sat down on a comfortable couch in the main meeting room of the house. At the offer of food or drink, she politely declined seeing as how Stars really didn't need to eat or drink. They could of course, but it wasn't necessary to their survival, seeing as they were far from being a normal mortal. "No thank you kind sir, I am more than alright."

She gazed at Emily then, smiling once more. "I really came to pay Emily here a visit. This might be difficult for most to comprehend, but where I'm from my kind tend to have a great understanding of what goes on in many a world."

Pausing for only a second, she went on. "I am what is called a Flameling. In other words, a star who has come down to earth. I have done so many times before over many eons." Evadne stopped right there, as too much more information than that would no doubt be overwhelming.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 02:55:04 pm »
''A flameling? Can not say I heard of it before but what does one of your kin look for here?'' Farren asked as he asked one of the maids to get the drink for Emily instead.

Most maids were curious about the unusual visitor as well and everyone wanted to take a peak.

Stardancer

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 03:45:01 pm »
"There are many things on many worlds I would see. And not just from space. It is quite a different feeling altogether to look at all the life here up front and personally, rather than from my high vantage point in my home."

The being of light paused here, thinking. "It is not only this world I visit, but many. There is much freedom to be had in my current form, although it is quite a different type of freedom than in my natural form. For this visit however, I came to fulfill a wish." Evadne looked over to Emily as she said this.

"We stars hear many whispers, many pleas, prayers and blessings. It is due to one particular wish I heard that brings me to this world again, after so many Earth years. I aim to fulfill it as best I can."

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 10:45:59 pm »
''A wish? So wishing on stars is a real thing? Not a children's story?'' Farren said and looked at Emily.''I understand the young lady wished for something. I will have to apolagise but I think unless her wish involved being taken away and raised elsewhere. Her mother and father are strict and most likely whatever wish their young lady has made, they will not allow it.'' Farren replied calmly. Emily just looked down. Farren was right. As long as she was here, her mother and father would not permit anything. She was homeschooled and barely actually felt the light of day

Stardancer

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2015, 12:54:37 am »
Evadne smiled sadly. "Not even a wish to be loved and understood?" she asked him.

Surely her parents couldn't be that harsh, but from what Evadne had seen so far, it seemed they cared little for the happiness of their own child. It was unfortunate to be certain. But still the Star wasn't deterred, she came here for a reason after all and wishes were a pretty serious thing to come down to earth for. She would continue to try. Emily's health and happiness depended upon it.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2015, 01:09:16 am »
''They have her whole life set up for her already. Whom she will marry, how she will fullfill that role. A nanny got fired because she played with the young lady. All of us who work here are live in and if we play with the girl or would take her away somewhere we will have no place or means to look after her. They do not realise a girl her age does not need books about economics or how to trade. She needs to play outside. Get her dress dirty. Letting you in already makes me risk my job. All of our jobs to be precise.'' Farren admitted.

A maid brought in a cup with piping hot milk for the girl. ''If it is not to bold to say...'' the maid said before covering the girl's ears with her hands so she would not hear what she was about to say. ''The Master was a kind man and usually not so strict. He changed when his wife died in labor. Raising her alone and earning enough seemed impossible so he wedded a new woman. She does not care about Emily at all. But the Master. He is still in pain over the loss of his wife and did not want to get attached to the girl. The best place for Emily is to grow up away from here. Maybe another planet even where she can discover herself rather then being locked in her room.''

Stardancer

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2015, 03:30:56 am »
The Star listened carefully to all this, as they explained to her the girl's situation. Having plans for the young girl's entire life, when she should be making her own decisions regarding that once she came of age. It was truly unfortunate, but still Evadne would not give up. She had to help, to do something.

"Would they object to one like me taking her away to live elsewhere?" Evadne did not wish to endanger their jobs either, as that was something she knew was crucial to a mortal's life and being able to pave their own way. But again, she needed to try.

"I could take her to another city here, or perhaps even somewhere outside the country. There is one place I know of and came across even when I first arrived. I believe the humans and other folk here call it simply 'Sevenwinds.' Surely you've heard of it?"

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 06:58:04 am »
The maid pondered and moved along with the girl who did not shrug herself loose to hear what it was about. She simply took her cup of milk and waited for the 'adult talk' to be ready.

''Truth be told either they or us always need our eyes on her. Well. At least one of us. I do not think they would let young lady Emily out of their custory so easily. But it is worth a try to ask. They were close to saying yes to an all girls school where they learn to become smart, perfect wives who never complain. When hearing that, the young lady had some kind of seisure and cried none stop making the principal decide Emily would not fit in such an enviroment.''

Stardancer

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2015, 05:58:39 pm »
"I see." Evadne said quietly. Perhaps if she were to meet with Emily's parents, they might change their minds. "Would it be alright if I were to speak to them?"

The Flameling noticed that Emily had been led out of the room, the maid still covering her ears. "It might be possible to agree to some kind of arrangement, regardless."

The idea of neglectful or unloving parents was nothing new to the Star, she had seen it plenty of times before. For many a reason too. In some cases it was the child being born from an non-consensual union or being born out of wedlock, the parents deciding the baby was not important to keep around, and therefore abandoned it by a roadside where they didn't always survive. Sometimes they were found and cared for, but not always.

Other cases involved one or both parents being an alcoholic, which only fed their tendencies to be more and more violent as time went on. Yet others were in the case of mental illness, whether it was the parents or the child him or herself who suffered from such a malady. The reasons were numerous.

Evadne may not belong to any particular world, yet she had seen much and was very well familiar with all the misfortunes that could befall a person or persons. She was separate from it all, but still very much a part of it in her own special way. The travesties of many a planet had affected her over many eons, and when she was able to return back to her cosmic home, it was as though a cleansing of the spirit took place then. Any wounds, whether physical, emotional, magical, psionic or spiritual were all healed completely in the vastness of her true home. It was both a time of peace and restoration for her, and Evadne doubted that it was any different from any other earthbound star. That time also provided the greatest clarity as well.

Mortal life was so short and every moment of it counted for them. Evadne would do all in her power to make Emily's life a happy and fulfilled one. That promise had already been made when she descended and she could not break it for that would be a great crime no star would ever do.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2015, 10:48:18 pm »
''You may. But will need to wait until they are back as they are at work. If there is one thing we know here, their work is most important to them.'' Farren said.

''I could arrange a room for you here in the meantime if you do not have a place to stay. If they permit Emily to be taken from their and our care then perhaps rather then being shaped to be something she is not, she could be a young girl again.''

Stardancer

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2015, 03:51:23 am »
Evadne nodded at his offer of a room. "Yes, I thank you for your hospitality. And I will wait for however long is needed to speak with them."

"It is my wish as well that Emily has the life she deserves." Evadne said no more on the matter though, content to wait for Farren to show her to a room.

Offline SilverLuna

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2015, 01:51:10 pm »
Farren nodded and got on his feet. After opening the door for Evadne he saw Emily there with big teary eyes. ''Please do not make her go away Farren...'' she begged softly.

The maid that had accompanied her was holding the still half full cup of hot milk.

Stardancer

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2015, 04:47:23 pm »
As Evadne was led from the room, she saw Emily and the maid there behind the door. The little girl begged Farren not to turn her away, so to reassure her from her fears, Evadne smiled softly at the child.

I am not going anywhere, Emily. We will find a way. I promise you this. the Star sent the message silently in Star-Speak so only Emily would hear it, and not the maid or Farren or anyone else for that matter who might be in the vicinity.

We will find a way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal