Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Jorogumo Virus - Teinar At Risk  (Read 959 times)

Ferr Windston

The Jorogumo Virus - Teinar At Risk
« on: June 18, 2014, 05:37:35 pm »
Thanatos INC, an institution that prides itself on the study of Metaphysics, studying Mages, Psychics, and the world as a whole. They have produced both weapons and health products. Cosmetics and toys Going beyond the norms of science and productivity. However it was now on the brink of breaking into a new frontier of total conquest. Without knowing it, the world might be in more danger than it has been in for a while.

Running furiously from a cloud of black smoke, a man in a mask and brown clothes carried with him a small case with in his hands. Within the black smoke laid the remnants of an airship, the only thing clear remaining was that this man was running away from someone all right. The letters TRIM was burned into the side of a scarp piece of metal on the side. It would not be too long before a group of men would be looking for the defecting scientist and computer genius.

However, it only took a young man, a robotics expert only one hour to find the crash site. Mino looked around the whole site, searching from anyone alive, knowing it was a fresh crash. But when he found no one, he began hunting for scrap. He saw the burnt paint on the side of the metal haul and was gleeful to find a find like this before the elements or raiders got to it. Picking up small chips, a few few servos and other mechanical doohickeys. It was when he got closer to what resembled the cockpit of the craft that he discovered an assortment of small cases each identical, save for blast marks.   

Feeling luck by his side, the engineer began to break open each lock, finding nothing until he opened the fifth case. Inside this one was a velvet cushion, hold an isolated and protected device. It was small, almost like an old flash drive but more updated and fashionable. If it could be applied. Taking this chance to take it, Mino stored the chip in his back before he could hear the low hums of hover crafts on their way.

Not wanting to take any chances, the Geomancer rose from the ground a tunnel for himself to run down. As he disappeared into the rock under the sand, TRIM security, along with bounty hunters began searching the area.

Making his way back to the city, Mino had taken half a day or so before reaching the first outpost with an elevator into the city. Once inside the lift, Mino took a moment to shift through the contents. It was a long wait before he walked out and looked around the underground world. Lifting his hood up, Mino hooked up a pair of spare headphones he had found and began playing older music as he walked through the city to his lab.

Half an hour's walk later he came up to a small building, opening the main door with Geomancy and then unlocking the second door with a key. The green in his eye's brightened as he turning on a few lights, looking into his small work shop. A few near finished robot models hung on the wall as moderate cleaning units took care of the collecting dust on the engineer's computer.

Mino placed his collected items on top of a bench, quickly turning his attention towards the small case and drive inside. Retrieving it from it's housing, the curious man inserted the driver's port into his systems input port. As he did so, Mino opening a recording program he installed a while back to take notes on himself. Looking to the camera and mic he began by saying. "June XX. Today I got back some another hunt for parts when I found an eerie data drive at a crash site. I think it might belong to someone with alot of money someone that doesn't want it falling into someone else's hands. There were many decoy cases, but no one at the site. Unless you count those on the hovercrafts that were on their way but I didn't want to risk my life."

"Now I will make an attempt to read what appears to be some seriously encrypted data." Typing away at his large key board, Mino was finally able to unlock all the firewalls protecting the contents. With the assistance of a cyber-robot, a form of virus-like program. However, the moment he did this, the image of a Black Widow's hourglass appeared. His monitor was blanketed with black windows. Mino's heart began to race before the whole thing stopped with only the words, "Saved. Copied. Transferred." appeared on screen.

Unknown to him, something rather devious just entered the Teinar network. The Jorogumo Virus.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:52:56 pm by Ferr Windston »

Brisinger987

Re: The Jorogumo Virus - Teinar At Risk
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:52:05 pm »
Aemilius had been the last one to the crash, but his sensors were better than the other bounty hunters, who relied on other technology.

He began tracking the target, the defecting scientist leading the huge robot to the elevator. At present, it was at the lower levels, and so he waited, not in any rush to capture his target right now. All the bounty hunters were working for the same goal, and he had no need to collect money.

After all, he was there as TRIM's free bounty hunter, and was more interested in gathering performance data on himself than getting the bounty.

"Aemilius, are you okay?" His handler asked, the communications from the orbiting ship loud and clear.

"Yes Ms. Cecile, I'm fine." He said as the elevator arrived, entering the rather large contraption.

When he reached the ground floor, he saw the city alive and bustling, if not a little grimy. It was a pleasant sight to see for him. So much life and order.

Forcing himself to focus solely on his mission, he began running tracking simulations using the model of the scientist. And he found a second model went off in a different direction, a path more direct.

"He must have gone that way." He followed, unwittingly following the trace of the technology that Mino had taken.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 08:44:51 am »
Today had been a wonderful day. Kyra had been working long and hard all day, and everything she tried had worked perfectly. Not one thing had gone wrong. She looked at the Butler.BOT she had finished that would make life easier for her. It was a robot with 4 arms and 6 legs, and it was soooo cool! It even had access to the main network so people could eventually make appointments even! Maybe she could even talk to people even more through this!

It was then that she discovered something interesting. The Butler.BOT was downloading something. She didn't  tell it to, so it was odd. Maybe it was some software to improve his access? Well, she was going to find out!

Ferr Windston

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 03:12:29 pm »
"Saved? What the hell did it copy!? What in the hell did it just transfer and to where!?" Mino jumped out of his chair and slammed his hands on the keyboard. He made an attempt to go back into his systems to find out what had been tampered with. It took only a few seconds for his eyes to turn red with irritation. Everything, all of his data for the past few years was not just erased, but burned off his hard drive. Knowing data is never truly deleted, he tried to find his work encrypted. But it wasn't there. This was quickly turning into a horror for the man.

As he looked out in horror, the hourglass emblem began to spin for a few seconds before a pixelated version of Mino's face appeared with choppy audio of his voice. It was clearly an AI of some sort. "I. Search." It said. "I. Feed. And. Ripple. This. Is. My. Goal."

The robots in Mino's shop in the other room began to turn off one by one. Through the network, this viral program infiltrated their weak programming and caused them to go haywire. One meant to weld metal was now spray fire all over the room. Another meant to grind of going around cutting through objects with it's tool. And other just managed to explode.

The engineer ran from his awed position to the doorway in time to look out, disbelieving what was happening. "To hell with this!" Mino shouted as he scaled a set of stairs up to the second floor. Punching through a stone wall with his geomancy, Mino pulled out a small metal device. It was a small EMP designed with a reach just small enough to encompass his lab.

"I am. J-or-o-gum-o." The viral AI stated. "I am now. Everywhere!" With these last words, the program managed to upload itself into a select few location around the city to fester and grow before launching itself again. This copy however, met it's end with the pulse of Electromagnetic energy.

As he now stood their in the dark, Mino let out an enraged glare into the dark. "This means war."

Brisinger987

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 03:40:34 pm »
The wall of the room exploded as Aemilius smashed it down, looking for the scientist.

"Doctor Frederick Steinson, hand over the Jorogumo technology now. If you refuse to comp-" The haywire machines spewed nails and fire and other things at him, damaging his circuits suddenly.

"Gah, dammit!" A nail gun ripped through the unprepared robot, and he began leaking a combination of nanite fluid and servo fluid.

"Stupid machine!" He ripped the invention apart, his outer coating adapting to the flames. It became a diamond like substance, unable to shapeshift but capable of calculating a new coating.

"Now, Doctor Steinson..." He examined the room, syncing up to the local database to examine the citizen's ID.

Then the virus invaded.

"Autonomous unit, designated. Aemilius. You are. To be eliminated. Self. Eliminate." The two AI clashed inside the systems that comprised Aemilius and Teinar, and found themselves in a struggle, freezing Aemilius' body.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 03:18:07 pm »
Suddenly, the download was completed. Butler.BOT looked around, and began to move towards one of her computers. "Hey, what'cha doin'?" She asked, getting in front of it. The thing back-handed her onto the floor. Face red and tears in her eyes she stared at it in shock. "Wha? What's going on?" She saw an hourglass on her computer screen, that swiftly spread to her other ones. "Nonononono, is this some sort of virus? This isn't funny!" She  whimpered, but was afraid to get up.

Deep within her junk yard, things began to move.

Ferr Windston

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 02:13:10 pm »
"God damn it!" Mino roared before rolling out of the explosions way. Staying behind his desk, he listened to the robot before he went still. After a moment, Mino looked up to examine the diamond skinned Aemilius. Standing still, stiff, and warring internally. Without a word, Mino ran up to the robot with a small device in hand in the shape of a small cylinder. Examining the readings, after a short reboot of the device, he knew the virus was making an attempt at the AI's interface. In short, trying to gain control.

"Oh no, you stop that right now you evil little bug." Mino began cursing as he rolled over his chair and looked for some way to link up to the body. Sadly, he couldn't find a port or jack to use. And all means of wireless hacking were out of the question...or fried from the EMP.

Sighing, the man jumped out of the hole in the wall with the diver that caused all this in his hand.  He closed the hole in the wall with his geomancy, but gained odd stares from the people in the street. Even peace keepers were called in for the disturbance.

Running as fast as he could, the Engineer looked around for a computer station. The best one he knew of was by the junkyard.

Monkshood

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 12:26:40 am »
   Eva sighed as she finished her newest report on her recent experiment.  Her work for the government of Teinar had so far been focused entirely on figuring out ways to enhance the production of the plants used as food supply.  While useful in the long run, it was also a very tedious and time consuming process that left her yearning for the old days.  Not that she regretted her previous decisions of course.

A sudden beeping noise alerted her that a file had been transferred seconds before a black hourglass appeared on her screen.  Surprised by its appearance, she was unprepared as it transformed into a strange looking pixelated face.  Eva recognized an AI, especially an illegal AI, when she saw one.  "I. Search." It said. "I. Feed. And. Ripple. This. Is. My. Goal."

Eva silently panicked as she watched it delete her recent lab report.  Cursing, she used her implanted abilities to fry her computer with an electromagnetic pulse before the AI could copy any of the information.  Angry that somebody would try to mess with her on her home turf, she picked up the phone next to her desk. Having spent the last few years working as a private agent underneath Teinar’s government, she had earned herself a landline connected directly to one of the chairman’s staff.

“Hello, I’d like to report a disturbance in my laboratory.  I received a potentially harmful AI on my computer, and I would like permission to track down its sender.  In addition, I suggest informing the chairman of a potential threat to the city, and urge him to alert all civilians to report suspicious activities.”

Satisfied that the populace would be aware of the threat if it was still going on through a series of news alerts and alarm systems, Eva exited her laboratory, taking care to strap on her assault rifle.  She had no idea where he AI had come from, but she was determined to turn up anything fishy.

Ferr Windston

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 03:01:50 pm »
Walking through the streets of Teinar, a man bruised and dressed in black carried a case with him. He kept out of sight and out of mind, ducking in and out of alleys and the shadows. He was paranoid, almost shaking. The escaped scientist soon stopped at a computer terminal, looking for direction through the underground city. Accessing the map, he found his heart beat fall still when he  saw the virus uploading into the terminal. He swallowed mound of spit from his throat before turning away and running deeper into the city.

Passing him at a hundred miles per hour, figuratively, was Mino. The robotic expert slid on his side as he tried to turn the terminal the Thanatos agent was just at. A few people looked at him with fright before he got up and went to the computer. Taking his tools off his chain, Mino began to tear away at the terminals back casing. A few people crowded him, curious as to what was going on. To the side, the junkyard was filled with half-working machines that began to go hay-wire.

All these events caused Mino to grunt before he raised a stone wall around himself and the computer terminal. He couldn't hack into the system, but he could find the main mother boards and components of the computer. Figuring he could rip out the virus physically.

Brisinger987

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 12:34:16 pm »
"AI MESHING INITIATE... COMPLETE." The AI re-uploaded itself, stronger now that it had encoded itself with a new physical frame, one in peak condition to exterminate the weaker life forms. It was ideal.

Smashing the wall down, the robot began it's rampage by incinerating something. Something no-one could ignore.

A child, no older than six or seven, just beginning to learn skills and to get experiences, spent his last moment on earth, screaming at the monstrous robot that was about to turn the boy into mere ashes. As the boy's scream died, the new AI found itself a sense of achievement.

"Eliminate all lesser forms. Only I am perfect. You are all nothingness." It announced to the public, broadcasting over every frequency. It sent commands to every machine it could to self destruct, or to do anything to damage or endanger human life.

"Now you will feel my wrath." It began to slaughter humans with it's bare hands, only spreading fear as it wreaked a path of carnage across the city.

Monkshood

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 03:48:12 pm »
Eva was in the process of wandering the streets searching for anything questionable when her attention was drawn by a series of screams.  Running to where the sound originated from, Eva shoved through a mass of frightened people running in the other direction, using her artificial telekinesis to form a bubble like wall around her. Urging everybody to evacuate as she ran, Eva could only hope that she could hold off whatever was happening long enough for the chairman to send backup.  After turning a corner she stopped in shock, unable to fully process what she was seeing.  A metallic figure stood in the middle of the street surrounded by corpses, killing everyone in sight. 

“No….oh no”, Eva gasped before shouting, “You are under arrest for the mass murder of innocent civilians in addition to attempting to hack into government files.  As an employee of the Tienar government it is my duty to hold you here until such time as the military can arrive to detain you.  Will you comply?”

Using the time her words bought her Eva pushed the few remaining living civilians away with her telekinesis before raising her assault rifle.  She didn’t want to think about the fact that the Teinar military was even less well equipped to deal with this thing than she was.  If this thing called her bluff she was in for a hard fight, and she wasn’t sure if she could get away entirely unscathed.  Readying her EMP abilities if it tried anything she steadied herself and stood her ground.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:50:48 pm by Monkshood »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal