Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Aren't you scared of drunkards and criminals? [open]  (Read 746 times)

Anadwen

Aren't you scared of drunkards and criminals? [open]
« on: May 30, 2014, 11:03:50 am »
So much trash in one tavern, it was almost unbelievable. This place freaking stunk like old... Who knows what. The first time Ryutari went here, his stomach rose up to his throat, and he had to turn on his heel and run as fast as possible to avoid the reaction of his intestines which obviously disliked this place. Though, since then he went in a thousand times, and by now, he didn't care one bit about the stench.

It was dark inside. The lights bickered every now and then, and the tables weren't first class either, just like the visitors. What was, however, more important, the bartender didn't care about who you were, and the drinks were cheap as hell. What was why he came there over and over every time he was on Cancer and feeling down - just like today. He was just another shadow that always appeared there. Another shadow that just came to down a beer and a few shots to forget about the crap he had to put up with for a night, and then disappear wherever he came from.

What a pain in the ass this life was, he thought.

His hands clenched around the large glass jug, and he stared at his reflection in the yellow liquid, illuminated by the dim light inside. What a comfortably familiar sight - wild red hair, bound by a few pieces of dark fabric, and swept from his narrow, almond-shaped eyes. Cold, rough face under that waterfall of crimson... His face, he reminded himself. The familiar face above a rugged black scarf, concealing his neck, and hanging over the (also black) sleeveless top that stuck tightly to his muscled figure and revealed his bare shoulders, covered in a pattern of sharp black lines. From elbows down, however, his arms were covered in white wraps all the way to his wrists, just like usually. Nothing special about that one man, sat behind the counter, staring at his drink.

Eventually, he did manage to pick it up and take a drink. A big one. Big enough to finish the already diminished contents of the jug, which was then sent to the bartender.
"Refill. The same." he groaned at the man, receiving a nod, and a moment later a full glass again. He aimed his empty, disinterested gaze on it. Why did he even order it? He wasn't even in the mood to drink this one. All of this was getting on his nerves.

A flicker of a flame appeared by his face for a moment as he lit a cigarette, and was followed by a small cloud of smoke. Someone beside him cackled.
"You tryna finish yourself or what, Ryu?" the voice asked, sounding rather provocative. Ryutari blew a rather large amount of smoke into the man's face.
"Shut up or I'll finish you." he growled.

He honestly wished someone would finish all those brainless idiots that simply couldn't mind their own business. Ah, yeah. One of his infamous gloomy moods.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 11:23:06 am by Anadwen »

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Aren't you scared of drunkards and criminals? [open]
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 04:09:20 pm »
Sure, it was a dingy, dirty, worthless shithole of human make. But it was also just the sort of place where someone else usually dealt with people getting stupid long before they were dumb enough to try Sarah's patience. The karmid sat at the table furthest from the door, venturing near the bar only when having an empty glass demanded it, which, to the relief of at least a few patrons, wasn't often. Around her, on the table, sat an array of datapads, most of which concerned rival pirate ships and their last known whereabouts and any schematics on the public net.

Sarah had been studying Ari's rivals for scarcely a human hour when she noted the familiar scent of a not-quite-human regular. One known for his rather irritating gloomy moods. The karmid simply involved herself further in her work in an attempt to ignore whatever trouble it might decide to cause, a tactic that seemed to work. Until, of course, she'd emptied her drink again.

<Barkeep. Another round.>, Sarah growled privately as she appeared at the bar, next to Ryu. Just in time to hear his retort to the human male beside him. <Human. Not-quite-human. Take it outside or write your wills.>, she snapped, not really in the mood to listen to a barfight, the words accompanied by a simultaneous roar that, if either had a brain, left no room for misinterpretation.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Anadwen

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 04:21:25 pm »
Now what was this? Someone else was getting into this and trying to start a fight? Oh, my. Ryutari let out a deeply dissatisfied sigh, and gave her a slight frown, releasing a cloud of smoke. A little scoop of ash cascaded onto the surface of the bar as he moved the cigarette away from his lips. "That's not your concern. What about you both leave other people to do what the f**k they want and not b***h 'bout their shit?" he replied in a low, quite relaxed, and not too angry voice. He wasn't upset or anything, just irritated about everyone sticking their nose into his problems.

"Besides, it's kind of rude to call someone by the species they belong to." he added sarcastically after a moment, leaning back on the chair a little, and making an arc of smoke in the air before returning the cigarette to his lips. He wasn't here for trouble, but something like that was just impolite. And dumb. But mostly impolite.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 04:45:56 pm »
Sarah let out an angry hiss as the less-than-human decided to mouth off, in stark contrast to the rest of the bar patrons, who had decided to back away from the clearly pissed off Draconian. <Clearly, I'm the only one out of the two of us who pays attention, subhuman.>, Sarah privately snapped, seeing no need to involve the rest of the bar in what would be a very short fight, and stressing the word 'subhuman' as a deliberate insult. Unlike some beings. Her tail flickered as the burning end of the male's cigarette seemed to simply vanish, a small cloud of embers taking its place. <That, in case you're too stupid or too drunk to understand anything, was me cutting off part of your little treat, subhuman. My tail isn't the only part of me that can move that fast. Your call.>, she continued, a 'note' of challenge in her 'voice', <Still want a fight?>, she challenged.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Anadwen

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »
Replying with a scoff, Ryu lit the cigarette again. "F**k off. I don't fight shitheads like you, subhuman. 'Specially not with that hypocritical kind." he replied, still keeping the low, silent tone. Just stay uninterested like that, and she'll eventually piss off when her patience runs out... Hopefully. And besides, only a bastard would hit a girl. Even though that girl was, in his opinion, a total b***h.

The cigarette was finished. He gave the remains a somewhat disappointed look, and pulled out another. This time, he didn't bother with a lighter - a short flash of light set it ablaze instead, one of the almost instantaneous plasma bolts in a much, much smaller version. He was too lazy to use the lighter. Just like he was too lazy to look her in the face while he spoke - his eyes were aimed either at his hand, or at the bar behind all along.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 08:18:31 pm »
Sebastian was having a good ol' time. He was in some dingy bar filled with random drunks that were way too easy to mess with. After talking a good number of them in circles and overworking their clouded minds, he decided to have a drink himself. It was then he noticed a small argument going on. Arguments were always exciting. As he approached, he saw that the karmid had datapads with information on various different pirate ships and instantly wondered if she had anything on his own ship. He fearlessly walked up right behind her and helped himself to one of the datapads.

"Quite a lot of info you got here," he commented. "Got anything on a ship called the Smooth Criminal?"

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 05:55:12 pm »
<That would be Karmid. Or Draconian, as humans prefer.>, Sarah retorted, this time simply using water magic to convert enough magic to water to thoroughly soak the cigarette, <Let's take this outside.>, she privately told the being as the datapad the human behind her had helped himself to appeared in her hand. <As for you, human,>, she continued, <Keep your hands to yourself and take your fishing somewhere else. Unless you'd like to lose them.>. The statement was a threat, plain and simple. And an acknowledgement that the flickering of her head had, in fact, been a glance backward, and she had, in fact, recognised the captain of said vessel.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Anadwen

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 09:11:17 pm »
With a sigh, Ryutari relit the cigarette with another small plasma blast. When that didn't work, he simly put it down, and stopped smoking altogether. "I told you to f**k off. What do you not understand on it? You want me to spell it out for you, or what?" he replied. She talked to him as if he really cared, and as if she owned the place. The nerve of some people... Was she really that desperate for a fight?

"If you wanna fight so bad, find someone who cares about your crap and fight him. I don't have the time to bother with you." he added then, suddenly turning from careless to irritated and ready to snap. His patience wasn't infinite, after all... Actually, it was rather short!!

Wicked Basket

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 05:03:00 am »
Sebastian chuckled in response to the threat.

"I already did half the work for you," he told the karmid waving his robotic hand in front of her face. "Do you honestly think your threats will frighten me? You never even answered my question."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal