Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Smooth operator. [TALLY!] [M/TW]  (Read 13109 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Smooth operator. [TALLY!] [M/TW]
« on: January 30, 2014, 11:43:40 pm »
Trigger Warning: Rape, non-con, coercion 

Bard nodded, glancing at the kid sidelong. "Considering the temperature of the zoo and the overall comfortable temperature of Libra, most people would find it curious, yes."

He shrugged and looked back to the exhibit. "Perhaps even a little shady."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:49:29 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

Re: Smooth operator. [TALLY!]
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 11:50:29 pm »
Cameron tittered out a nervous laugh.  "I'm not shady."

He swallowed.  Getting found out concerned him less than what would happen after that.  The incomplete and unhinged AI in his head could be unpredictable when it came to matters of survival.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 11:55:19 pm »
Bard raised an eyebrow. Someone was sure nervous, but he only smiled. "Did I call you shady?" he asked, and looked at him again, head tilting as though studying him.

"Because I don't recall such an accusation. Unless, maybe, you're projecting."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 12:01:19 am »
Cameron scratched at the bandage.  It was hot, and this guy and his nosy questions or whatever weren't helping.

"It...it sounded like you did," he muttered.  Then he started looking around for which direction would get him to the exit fastest.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 01:05:32 am »
Bard chuckled, shaking his head and clapping the kid lightly on the shoulder.

"Oh, my apologies, I was only joking," he said, and gave his shoulder a light squeeze. "I don't mean to chase you off when the place has only opened--oh."

His hand tightened a little on him and he blinked, glancing down at the kid's shoulder as though surprised.

"Oh. Interesting. Is this legal?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 01:26:02 am »
Cameron flinched when the man's hand landed on him.  His eyes fell to the hand on his shoulder.  Beneath, hard metal alloy gave not at all to the man's grip.

"Of...of course!  Yes?"

Yeah.  Yeah that sounded all right.  It sounded like...casual.  He nodded.  "Uh-huh."
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:30:13 am by Tally »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 11:14:50 pm »
Bard only smiled, hand still on the kid's shoulder.

"Mhmm. Yeah, I didn't think so, either."

Looking up, he glanced around as though searching for someone, and lowered his voice. "You do realize it's military appreciation day, correct? That this place is teeming with soldiers?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2014, 11:23:54 pm »
Cameron drew in on himself, shooting glances at the crowd around them.  "I may have missed that fact."

He chewed his bottom lip, and found what he was looking for—the way out.  He edged away.  "Well," he said, clearing his throat, "I should, like, go.  I guess."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2014, 11:46:15 pm »
Bard let him go, but gave him a concerned look. "Go where? Do you have a plan?" he asked, head tilted. "You were suspicious enough to me, and I'm not a soldier. How do you think you'll come across to someone actually trained to look for these things?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 11:52:51 pm »
Cameron hedged.  He was so lost on Libra, and this was the first person since Bhaskara who'd even taken an interest in him.  Maybe even in helping him?  He could do a lot with the knowledge at the AI's disposal, but it couldn't help him avoid notice.  Quite the opposite.

"Um."  He scratched at the bandage again.  Dang, was it ever hot and itchy under that thing.  "No, but I can't stay here."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2014, 12:22:49 am »
"No, you certainly can't. You'd be taken apart, piece by piece."

Bard looked to the exit again, seeming to consider his options. "I could get you out of here safely," he said at last, looking back to the kid. "Not to toot my own horn, but I'm a bit important, so it's unlikely you'd be bothered so long as you stuck close. If anyone asks questions, let me do the talking. Of course, if you feel more comfortable taking your chances over trusting a tranger, I completely understand."

Offline Tally

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 01:10:32 am »
Cameron flinched.  He knew what the authorities would do if he were caught.  He knew it but it made it so much worse to hear it said out loud.

When the man offered to help, Cameron's heart sped up.  He was so at a loss here.  He hadn't been able to make any progress on Libra at all, either will finding a safe place or getting off of the station entirely.

He was nodding before the man even finished talking.  Even as the last words were leaving his mouth, Cameron said, "Yes! Yes, I would love help, thank you!  I have no idea what to do, I've been on the station for weeks, and I don't—"

He was being pretty loud there.  He came closer and pitched his voice low.  "I don't mean to break the law but I can't get off the station."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2014, 01:53:46 am »
It was a wonder the kid had lasted so long without being disassembled. He wanted to ask him how he'd survived to adulthood.

Instead, he made a shushing noise and drew closer to the kid, leaning down a little so that, maybe, he wouldn't be so inclined to spewing verbal vomit for everyone in the station to hear. It was clear he wasn't dealing with a genius here, but that was fine. He didn't need geniuses, nor particularly want them.

Thank goodness the place was noisy, and that most people were more interested in the animals than some awkward, weirdly dressed kid.

"Ah, well if you need off the station, I'm leaving tomorrow," he said. "And if identification is an issue, I have ways to fix that. In any case, you're welcome to catch a ride."

Turning, he located the back exit and motioned for the kid to follow him. "Where have you been staying here? And how did you manage to get stuck here, much less get past security in the first place?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2014, 02:09:19 am »
Cameron could just about have fainted from relief.  He followed immediately.

"Oh, that."  How much should he tell this guy about Bhaskara?  Cameron didn't work for him anymore, but it didn't feel right to go blabbing about everything.  "My last employer got me on board.  But, um...things didn't go so great after that."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2014, 11:04:47 pm »
"No?"

They headed out from the monkey exhibit and into the zoo proper, which was bustling with activity. Hmm. Which way. All paths eventually lead to the exit, but if he remembered correctly the exhibit was near the front entrance. He looked around for one of those helpful signs.

"What happened?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 11:24:40 pm »
Cameron kept pace and did his best not to look worried, or like he was trying to avoid suspicion.  Getting out probably wouldn't be too hard, right?  He'd gotten in okay, after all, and they were nearly at an exit.

"It's a long story."  Cameron sighed.  He didn't even have all the details, but he knew enough to know all of those avenues were closed to him.  "He's in prison now."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 11:55:20 pm »
Bard spotted a sign, showing the entrance was just to the right, past the flamingos. He lead the way again, keeping his pace casual; there was no rush, because there was nothing wrong, though it probably looked rather funny to see a man in a casual business suit strolling along with a kid that looked like he'd survived some sort of auto crash.

"Sounds rough," he said. "I'm sorry to hear that. But you'll be okay now. We're almost out." He didn't bother to mention that if they kid had managed to get in here without a hassle, chances were, no one would bother him leaving. In fact, most people would probably see his bandage and think nothing of it, and in fact they wouldn't want to be rude. Nah. Let the kid be paranoid. It suited his purposes best that way.

As they passed the flamingo inclosure, Bard gave a light laugh. "Oh, I'm sorry. I just realized all this time and I don't know your name. I'm Bard."

Offline Tally

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 12:04:57 am »
"It was," Cameron said.  Gods above, did he ever miss having a job.  Rather, the AI settled down considerably when it had a purpose to serve, and that just made his life so much easier.  Bhaskara had helped him, even if his operations were illegal.

They were almost out.  Then maybe he could finally figure out where to go from here.  He couldn't even get a job on Libra because everywhere he found ran identification.  "I'm Cameron, sir."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 12:34:02 am »
"Pleasure to meet you, Cameron," Bard said, and before long they were heading out the main gate. Cameron did draw some odd stares, but no one stopped them. Still, too many stares and people would start asking questions.

"So, Cameron, where was it you were heading? After you get off the Libra, I mean."

Offline Tally

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 12:45:35 am »
Cameron let out long, tense breath when they finally passed beneath the archway soaring over the zoo's exit.  His relief didn't even make a whole lot of sense.  They were out of the zoo, but still on Libra.

"Oh.  Ahaha.  Um, I hadn't gotten that far yet.  I just...I would try to find a job I guess.  So Cancer maybe?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal