Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Off to market (Nicky)  (Read 7688 times)

Anonymous

Re: Off to market (Nicky)
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2008, 07:38:08 pm »
102379 relaxed wehn the blood-sucker removed him mouth. He had been afraid that the creature was going to kill him, and there was nothing he could have done to stop it. He removed one hand from around the mage and tugged at his cloak in an attempt to cover the wound. He was getting tired, if he wasn't careful he would fall asleep.

He started thinking to stop himself from becoming unfocused. His mind wandered, his thoughts began rising and he started to think of his master. His master was a good man, a savior of Edanith. He had defended Mars against many mages in his time. Most mages had even survived then sent onto training. Some unfortunately were to stubborn and rebellious to use. They were tortured into submition or sent onto TRIM for testing. 102379 had been there on several occasions when mage's had been tortured. Their minds had been destroyed though the same technique that the Captain used on him. Other's had had all their bones shattered and regrown by bone mages. Images of their torture and screams ran through 102379 and he hugged tighter to the mage he was holding. If the mage escaped that would be his fate, if the mage didn't it would be the mage on the bone mages' table.

It was his duty to obey so obey he would.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 10:01:04 am »
What happens if I take you with me? Vulcan asked mentally, preventing his words from traveling down the third leg of the mental connection to the Captain. He could do that-- at least he thought he could. It was better than being shipped off to TRIM in any case, though that was survivable as well.

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 05:56:07 pm »
102379 hesitated then allowed the words to form in his mind, He wasn't really speaking to the mage, just allowing the thoughts to take their own form.  I must obey my master. I am a mage and mages are abominations to the gods. He knew it must be beginning to sound old to the other mage but there was nothing he could do. I'm sorry, I must take you with me.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2008, 10:01:14 pm »
And I'm sorry. I cannot sit idly by and allow them to capture me, put me on a table and play with my bones. I've done this already, I don't want to do it again. Struggling to loosen himself from the rock a little, leathery, bat-like wings sprouted from his back and he struggled to lift them both into the sky. The mage's blood helped, but with his lower body hanging limply, flying was more awkward than it should be, even while carrying an extra body. "We'll just say I'm taking you hostage" He stated calmly. It looked as if he would fly straight up through the atmosphere of the planet.

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »
102379 struggled to try and keep the creature on the ground. He squirmed and shook the mage to make flying difficult. There was nothign more he could do until he had foor and rest, or until his magic stores rejuevanated on thier own.  I must not let him escape, I must obey. 'No!'

Remain here, they wont do that to you, not if you're obedient. Most Mordacai are kind to their mages. Some even fall in love. The man must have read his mind, he was shocked. Such things were forbidden (along with many other things). He continued fighting, unaware of the hieght...or the fall it would cause.

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2008, 07:55:14 am »
Vulcan hissed in pain as the mage squirmed. "Kind like your master is to you?" He asked sharply. "He has poisoned your mind. He treats you like you're worthless, but even he has said mages are needed. It's the only reason he doesn't kill you outright. He hates your kind and he thinks I am one of you." Vulcan said. He wasn't gaining altitude anymore, the weight of the mage and the changing atmosphere made it too difficult to hoist them upwards further.

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2008, 05:00:31 pm »
I am weak and I displease my master. Not all Mordacai hate their mages. He let images of other teams flow through his mind, he showed other people sneaking him food and he showed their looks of concern other Mordacai gave him. You use magic, that makes you a mage. Your race matters not, just your ability.

He continued shaking the winged mage to try and stop him. He was getting tired but at least his magic stores were beginning to rise. Just now though, he would only have enough to make about three very small rocks appear.

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2008, 09:41:15 pm »
He fears those of us who are more powerful than he Vulcan pointed out, his flight pattern becoming more eratic. He was heading for the volcano. He could live in there where nothing could reach him....if he could make it, which he was seriously doubting now as every wiggle the mage gave sent pain through his body and made it hard to flap in time. You risk your life to obey a man who is never pleased with anything you do. Why?

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2008, 10:48:31 pm »
He does not fear me. He looked out from between the mage's legs. It was a long way to the ground. I obey him because mages should not be allowed to be free. Where was the mage taking him? If he went too far he might get out of range of the mind-link. It had never happened before so he had no idea what would happen.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2008, 08:04:46 pm »
Vulcan's breathing was growing more labored. There was no way he was going to make it to that distant mountain top, and even less chance of him being able to force his way into the depths for a good many days and after several feedings. He flapped, wings shuddering and then one cramped and locked, sending him into a downward spiral. It had only happened once before, and that had been right after he'd discovered the wings and had taken off across the island and pushed his limits too far. He struggled to unlock his wing so he could at least coast or glide, or even just fall straight. "How durable is your species?" He asked calmly. He knew landing would hurt like anything, but it would not kill him, just as TRIM was unlikely to kill him with any permanance.

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2008, 05:26:26 pm »
102379 stared at the ground spiralling below him. If the other mage could perhaps slow his trejectory then 102379 could slow their fall a little. Air was easier to move so he could possibly create an updraft but that would drain his reserves again. [

i]I was born to humans so not very.[/i] If he lived this he could send their position to his master. It was very far away though and he hadn't heard anything from his master so far. maybe death would be the better option.

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2008, 09:08:59 pm »
Human. Technically, he'd been born to humans as well, but something was different about him and he was hardly considered human any longer. We may have a problem then He admitted. I don't think a human body would survive the landing He was talking as if they were simply sitting in a cafe or something. His body wouldn't either, but his body would put itself back together and he'd live again soon enough. What if I were to die? He asked suddenly. Maybe that would solve his problem. All he had to do was get the mage back on the ground semi-gently.

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2008, 03:29:27 am »
Does it really matter what happens? If we die we will be sent to whatever hell the gods send mages and murderors to. He wasn't as afraid of dying as the pain of hitting the ground and what would happen if he disobeyed his master. Why are you so persistant? It is your place to serve the Mordacai. Perhaps he could help the mage survive, I can help us land. Will you serve the Mordacai if I do?

Anonymous

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2008, 07:19:13 am »
It doesn't look like I have much choice. Let you die and escape with my own skin, or let you help us land and serve the slave masters The ground was starting to come up fast. Your choices benifit you much more than they do me. Tell me, why should I sell myself into slavery to save your skin? That landing will not kill me permanately.

Anonymous

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2008, 01:56:27 am »
It is the only choice that should await mages. He glanced at the ground. If he did slow their fall he would not have enough to make sure the mage did not escape. What would the Mordacai prefer of him? They would want the mage and the only way theu would get him is if they survived. He sighed and allowed the air to hold them up. They would continue to fall but all they would suffer was a few broken bones. He closed his eyes and waited for the ground.

Anonymous

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2008, 10:13:45 am »
Vulcan tried to soften the ground, but didn't manage it before landing wing first on the hard surface. The wing crumpled like it was made of paper, followed by the distinct breaking of his shoulder as it too met the ground. He tried to scramble to his feet. He might be able to get a head start and escape the entire lot of them if he could just get far enough ahead.

Anonymous

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2008, 10:24:59 pm »
102379 groaned. Falling was not good. He sat up and checked all his sore spots; there were no broken bones, just a lot of bruises. He sighed, his master would not be happy with him running away. He realised why he had left his position and looked around for the other mage.

The mage was scrambling away. 102379 had to follow him. He pushed himself to his feet and hobbled after the mage. The mage must have been hurt in the fall. Hopefully 102379 had not landed on him. Why was the mage so afraid? What had the Mordacai done to him, or was it TRIM that he was afraid of? Everybody was afraid of TRIM, not just the mages.

Anonymous

« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2008, 04:44:49 am »
Vulcan didn't get very far. He was wheezing and gasping. Healing took a lot of energy and it was painful when the bones were being straightened and regrown. He fell to his knees with a groan, struggling to get back up. It had been a long time since he had passed out, but his vision was swiming and he was lightheaded.

He had been experimented on already, more than once. It wasn't fun, and he did not like serving people against his will and mind linking with some stranger? He'd done that too, though the person had not had any control of his mind. They'd just shared thoughts and had the side affect of being able to look through the memories of the other, and evesdrop on conversations even when they weren't in the room themselves.

There was no way he was willingly going to hand over his mind to some egotistal crazy man who thought mages should be eraticated, but did not kill them simply so they could wield their power for him. But with the way things were, unless that master guy had gotten lost along the way somewhere, it was unlikely Vulcan would have the time to escape.

Anonymous

« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2008, 05:19:45 am »
102379 saw the mage fall and felt pannicked. He didn't want to cause the mage any pain but neither could he disobey his master. He sent messages accross the mind-link pleading for assistance. There was no reply and he had no idea how to contact other Mordacai. he opened his mind so that any Mordacai nearby could sense him.

He was weating greatly due to the heat and fear. 102379 was terrified of being alone. He had never been left to his own devices before, never been without orders and it scared him. The only order he had left to obey was to return with the mage.

He managed to catch up with the mage. You are hurt, let me take you back so that they can heal you. He tried summoning water for the other mage. He could not have done it for his own benefit but the mage would die without water. His orders were to bring the mage back, he could not just let the poor creature die.

The magic failed and he hung his head. In softening the landing he had drained his souces again. He tried again but only managed to make himself collapse on the ground and retch up bile. What a scene the two must have made, two mages weak and crouching in the dirt.

Anonymous

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2008, 06:42:08 am »
I will heal with time Vulcan stated, trying without success to get back to his feet. Even if he had gotten to his feet, he would have fallen over, so being nearer to the ground was a good thing. He leaned forward until his head touched the dirt, then slowly eased down on his good side, wing neatly folded out of the way so it wouldn't be damaged also. His head was buzzing and his vision closing in. Perhaps he could hold on a few moments longer, but unless something changed, he would black out.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal