Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Pondering on things mysterious.... (Open)  (Read 508 times)

Clever-fox

Pondering on things mysterious.... (Open)
« on: September 26, 2013, 04:18:08 pm »
There was an older fox, wearing a brown coat and trousers, dressed for the winter, whatever that was. His kind, loving face seemed so familiar, yet so distant at the same time. This was the vision Myria had been experiencing the past few weeks, as if there was some part of her past, some aspect of her life that was now trying to reach out to her, prying its way from her subconscious to the forefront of her mind. And now, she needed answers. Why was this vision haunting her? Why did she recognize this face, when she hadn't even met the boy it belonged to?

However, she was short on answers, and needed to concentrate on her job, especially now that she had a son that needed feeding. As she was walking down the street to her workplace, the headquarters of an organization known as Section 5, she was so lost in her thoughts that she barely noticed the person in front of her until she had bumped into them!

"I'm so sorry... I was just on my way to work, but I guess I was so lost my thoughts that  I wasn't paying attention..." She said with a look of embarrassment as she tipped her hat to the stranger.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 02:16:59 pm by Clever-fox »

Lomatus

Re: Pondering on things mysterious.... (Open)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 03:32:06 pm »
Lomatus walked down the streets of the city, looking for... well he wasn't sure what. He wasn't even here on a job at the moment and he had already finished restocking his ship. So why was he still here? Something told him that there were answers, some kind of major thing that he was supposed to be here for, though he couldn't tell what. He had no powers of foresight, no ESP or method beyond the weak telepathy he had, and even that didn't tell him what other people knew in relation to what he was feeling, nor did it allow him to empathize and take others' feelings. So lost in thought was he that he barely noticed when the girl bumped into him. At first he thought to say 'watch where you're going' but upon seeing her face he opted to simply nod.

"Don't worry about it I'm not in a hurry or anything." He replied, stopping to talk to her. The fox-like features she had were new to him and he was now starting to get the impression he might have been sheltered. Not much time for games and sightseeing with all the training.
"Is there anything I can help you with?" He offered, though the question came from no where and he had no inclination that she was in any need of any aide, he had voiced it, partially because he hadn't fully grasped what had just happened until after due to his distraction.

Clever-fox

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »
It was clear that the man in front of him was in no hurry, and now that she thoughts  out, neither was she. Her job didn't start for another hour or so, and it was only a block or so away from where the two were, so she decided that a little chat wouldn't hurt.

"No, no, I'm fine, thank you. I'm Myria, by the way," she said, extending her hand to the man. She wasn't sure why she was introducing herself to a complete stranger, but she had just walk right into him, so it was the least she could do. However, as she extended her hand, her gun clattered against the sidewalk. Great... What's next? she thought.

Lomatus

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:49:51 pm »
He smiled and looked around discretely while making it appear as though he was loosening the muscles in his neck.
"Nice to meet you, my name is Lomatus." He answered as he reached for her hand, stopping short as he heard the sounds of metal hitting pavement. The sound of the gun hitting the ground made him consider the danger this place could present.
"You seem to have lost something." He added, looking down to the gun before taking a step back and preparing for any sign of any kind of surprise. Come to think of it he didn't know her anyway which meant of course she could be working for Aedolis.

Clever-fox

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 05:04:56 pm »
Myria sighed, and kneeled down to pick up the gun. It being an older style gun, a revolver, she opened the cylinder, and checked the chambers just to be sure it wouldn't go off should it fall out again. After making sure everything was O.K., she put the gun back in its holster inside her great coat.

"I'm sorry about that. My holster is old and worn, so the gun's prone to falling out. I really need to replace it..." Her voice trailed off as she stood, taking notice of how her company was reacting to the dropped firearm. Surely he didn't have a fear of firearms, did he? She shrugged her shoulders at the thought, and kept talking.

"I don't think I've seen you around here before. You from one of the space stations?" She asked in a quick change of topic. Her tail waved slowly as she spoke, as if she was anticipating something.

Lomatus

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 05:58:42 pm »
He relaxed after she put the gun away. He had a problem with it when other people had projectile weapons and he had only his Caestus. He had left his twin hooks and his plasma pistol back on his ship since he didn't want them noticed in the city. Despite this he didn't feel too concerned when she picked it back up, at least not enough to spring into action, and if push came to shove he had his powers, but that would pretty much guarantee the need to leave the city post haste.

"These things happen, I was just a little surprised you were armed." He said as she stood back up from picking up her pistol. The next assessment told him that there was something off. She had identified his status as an out of towner, but he decided that could have just been his slight standoffishness.

"Something like that. I'm here restocking supplies." He said, answering honestly, but leaving out any mention of the feeling of being pulled to something.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal