Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: A technical objection is the first refuge of a scoundrel(Rhi)  (Read 15577 times)

paganchick

Re: A technical objection is the first refuge of a scoundrel(Rhi)
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2013, 12:24:47 am »
Neo could tell something was up, he was being way too nice, so she already had two blades palmed. She was blinded by the light so she couldn't run, then there she was, gun pointed at her and she felt her blood start to boil. She looked over at the cage, knowing that was where he planned on putting her and that made her rage grow, and her small form shook with the rage.

Neo just stood there for a moment, weighing her options, could she escape without major injury? She didn't know, that all depended if he wanted to shoot in his own ship that he loved so much and if he was a good shot.

So without a second though, at the words 'shed your knives' she did, but not in the way he would be expecting. She threw them at him, yes she might get shot but, he would get stabbed. She wasn't one to go down with out a fight, she was born a slave, she wasn't going to become someone elses willingly.

As soon as the knives left her head she headed up the steps as fast as she could praying she didn't get hit by a bullet.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2013, 12:44:15 am »
Unfortunately for Neo, Ari was a very good shot.

And unfortunately for Neo, 14 years of piracy didn't count for nothing, and he didn't get as far as he did by not being prepared--and by walking into a situation without accounting for multiple scenarios.

And when he was dealing with an impulsive, foolish young girl who seemed to think herself untouchable? No, he didn't think she'd just roll over and set her knives down nicely.

He was ready to move as soon as she raised her hands, and as she chucked them at him, he jerked his body sideways to avoid the brunt of it, though one grazed his bicep. As for her? Well, something told him she thought he was bluffing when it came to actually using that gun.

He wasn't.

He waited until she got to the second step before he aimed for her ankle and fired.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

paganchick

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2013, 12:54:35 am »
His aim was a bit high, Neo felt herself hit the stairs hard as she felt the bullet go through her calf. She let out a gasp and a small whimper of pain. Her chest was heaving as the pain set in. It was bad but it could be worse. She laid there crumpled on the steps, knowing Ari would be there to drag her to the cage before too long. She had other things to care about now, her leg being her main priority now. It looked like the bullet had pretty much missed the bone, which was a good thing, meant the healing would be easier, less pain.

"You son of a bitch," She growled, she was definitely going to kill his fish when she had the chance and she was sure she would get the chance, now it was all about patience.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2013, 01:03:13 am »
"I toldja to put the knives down, sugar," Ari said, walking toward her, gun still trained on her. "This was your decision. I didn't have to shoot ya. Hell, I didn't even want to."

Reaching into one of the large pockets of his cargo pants, he pulled out a pair of handcuffs--usually kept stored in his room in his nightstand drawer, but he'd made that pit stop on the way down here. Always good to be prepared and all.

"Now," he said, one foot on the bottom step. "Ya got anymore surprises there I should know about?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

paganchick

« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2013, 12:56:19 pm »
Neo gritted her teeth and laughed bitterly.
"My decision? Who are you kidding, you didn't leave room for me to make a decision. I was born into shackles, I am not going to willingly lose those for a new pair," She spoke, her voice a bit hoarse from the pain.

"What do you think bastard? You patted me down, you should know if I have anything else," She added, her voice filled with venom. She couldn't run, and she couldn't fight, she probably couldn't walk though she was sure she was about to find out. She tried to keep her breathing calm, to keep herself calm but it was hard. She could feel the blood trickling down her leg

"Will I get some medical attention when you get done cuffing me or am I going to be left to die of gangrene?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2013, 01:13:59 pm »
Ari shook his head. "Then ya shoulda made some smarter choices earlier on, honey," he said, and grabbed her by the arm. He hauled her up to her feet and kept a firm grip so she didn't buckle; he knew it would be painful for her, but that was the point.

"Lemme lay this out for ya real nice and easy in words ya can understand, alright? Ya made your bed. Ya made it when ya stole my money, put a knife to my crotch, and tried to negotiate after I'd already laid out the conditions. Now listen, when I said I'd let ya prove yourself, let ya join if ya returned everything you'd stole? That was real. Then ya went and fucked it up, so here we are. Now, your bed could've been a nice one, but instead? Well, let's go check it out, shall we?"

He didn't care if she could walk or not. Whether she stayed on her feet or not wasn't his concern, because he still dragged her toward the cell, which was decorated with little more than a thin cot and a chamber pot.

He shoved her inside and shut the door behind her.

"These cuffs here? You're gonna earn these. If ya earn 'em, it means you're allowed to move about the ship. Then ya get to earn the right to move about without 'em--if ya don't fuck this up, and if ya learn to stop actin' like a rabid dog. As for medical treatment, darlin', that's also on you. First you're gonna get my money back."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 01:18:51 pm by Rhi-Rhi »

paganchick

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2013, 01:37:36 pm »
Neo reached up as she grabbed her arms, her nails digging into his shoulder as she tried to use him for a bit of balance she managed to hop most of the way without falling.
"Go burn in hell you bastard!" Neo growled as she was shoved inside the cage, falling rather hard. She caught herself with her arms but it just managed to make her forearms hurt from the shock.

She drug herself to the cot, teeth gritted the entire way, cussing him out mentally with each movement she made before finally making it to the cot. She pulled herself onto it, adjusting her leg very gingerly before laying back. She took a deep breath.

Neo had never been shot, but she had been beaten worse, she just hoped she didn't get an infection. It didn't take long before the cot began to get stained with her blood. She slowly leaned back up, taking her long sleeved shirt off, revealing a spaghetti strap back shirt. She ripped her long sleeve shirt after pulling up her pants, trying to access the damage. If Ari was watching she wasn't paying him any mind.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2013, 02:02:04 pm »
"Oh, I'm sure I will," Ari remarked with a shrug, watching her impassively as she worked on her wound. He folded his arms over his chest. She wouldn't bleed out; he'd been very careful about where he'd shot her. But that didn't mean she wasn't going to be miserable, and considering there was no exit wound, that bullet was still in there. That wound wouldn't be healing properly.

"Now, I'm gonna fetch ya a data pad, and you're gonna put your hackin' skills to use. Understood? Ya do that, we'll get your leg treated."

paganchick

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2013, 02:11:57 pm »
Neo was stuck between a hard place, and a much harder place that inflicted a lot of pain. She would get him his money. She could take the pain but that didn't mean she wanted to. When he left she tried to pick out the bullet but with no success, the white searing pain wouldn't allow it.

"By medical treatment, you mean more than a bandage and a wish good luck?" She asked looking up at him, her face bitter but still she knew what the better of her two options were.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2013, 02:23:25 pm »
Ari left her then, but returned shortly with the data pad as promised. Pausing by the cell, he tilted his head curiously.

"We're a ship of pirates, missy. Considerin' the scraps we get in, wouldn't ya figure we'd have a skilled physician on board?"

He slid the data pad through the bars to her.

"Ya do what I ask and you'll get the proper treatment ya need. Anesthesia, bullet removal, stitches, antibiotics, whatever it takes because I ain't a fuckin' doctor so I'm gonna leave your care to him. He's good at what he does, though, I can tell ya that much."

paganchick

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2013, 02:29:25 pm »
Neo looked relieved when he said he wasn't a doctor, glad she wouldn't have to suffer at his hands.
"I was just making sure that by treatment, you meant proper treatment," Neo said as she took the data pad. She quickly started poking and sliding away, getting right to work, her hands moving very quickly as her eyes jerks from place to place on the pad quickly.

"Do you have a card that I can put the money on, or a chip or something?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2013, 02:31:06 pm »
"Sure do," Ari said with a smile. "I expect that when ya reach that screen, you'll hand that over so I can enter in my own data."

paganchick

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2013, 02:44:57 pm »
"Do you think that I can' hack into that?" She asked instinctively.
It didn't take too long, and she glad he hadn't been carrying too much money on his person as she handed the data pad back to him, A simple screen was there that would require a bit of information so the money would be channeled to the right places.

"that should do it, their, your money."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2013, 02:53:03 pm »
"No," Ari replied, "but I also think you'd do well with a better brain-to-mouth filter. If you're thinkin' about hackin' my account, ya might not wanna lay that all out on the table like that."

Taking the data pad, he entered in his information and gave her a cheery smile. "But since you've said that, if anythin' happens to my account after this, I'll be blamin' you. Bear that in mind."

He pressed submit and it was done. Briefly, he checked his account to make sure it was there, then pocketed the data pad.

"Alright, sweetheart, a deal's a deal. Turn around and put your hands behind your back."
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 03:26:28 pm by Rhi-Rhi »

paganchick

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2013, 05:44:18 pm »
"Wasn't planning on, if I were, as you mentioned, I wouldn't tell you," Neo replied, watching him as he checked everything. She did it, everything was there.
Neo truly wasn't thinking about hacking his account, well that was, while she was on this ship. But thirty years down the road she would remember his name, and if it was still bitter in her mouth like it was now... Well he would pay.

"Would you help... Please," Neo said, making herself choke out the please.
"Or do I get the pleasure of being dragged there and back?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2013, 05:52:30 pm »
With a sigh and a roll of his eyes, Ari opened the cell, stepped inside, and pulled her arms behind her back. Well, well. She'd put up such a tough front before, and now she was being all pitiful.

Ari wasted no time in cuffing her. "Well, since ya did as ya were told and asked so nicely..." he said, and then he scooped her up easily, bridal-style. She was light and tiny in his arms so it didn't take much effort to carry her out of the cell and up the stairs. However, the gesture wasn't all pure; the hand supporting her legs was planted a little too high up her thigh.

"Things only gotta be as difficult as ya make 'em."

paganchick

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2013, 06:01:08 pm »
"Sweet cheeks if I was being pitiful I would be putting on a real water works show for yah, and telling yah my life's sob story," She said with a bit of a chuckle because it was true. She didn't really care about his hand placement, she would take the little feel if she didn't have to try to hop all the way there. That seemed like it would take so much effort, and would probably end in several painful falls.

She ignored his little ending comment, knowing sometimes it didn't always hold true, but she didn't want to get thrown down the steps or something, "Thanks"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2013, 06:25:34 pm »
Ari blinked down at the top of her head. He hadn't said anything about her being pitiful, but alright!

"Ah, well thanks for sparin' me. They're like assholes, after all. Everyone's got one."

As for her 'thanks'? He shrugged in reply. "Eh, goes faster this way," he said. "Funny as it'd be watchin' ya navigate those stairs."

It wasn't far to the med bay; after all, it wasn't a huge ship. Ari knocked once on the door to give Bjarte a heads up, and then opened the door and stepped inside.

[ooc: I'm gonna suggest we "fade to black" here and pick up after she's patched up, just 'cause Bjarte's player is a little IRL busy right now. ;D]

paganchick

« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2013, 06:44:34 pm »
(ooc: Ooops, my BAD, I mis read and thought he had said the top part. Okay that is fine)

Neo shivered, she wasn't really looking forward to this, but knew she couldn't just ignore this wound, it needed a doctor's treatment.
When they finally made it back to her cage, Neo was loopy to say the least. The doctor had really done her up, and gave her the GOOD stuff.

She found it rather hard not to poke the wound simply because she couldn't feel it, so it was almost like she was poking someone else, but she wasn't, she was poking herself. When the doctor had been removing the bullet Neo hadn't been able to look away, it was like a bad crash, you shouldn't stare but you can't not stare. If Ari was there she didn't even notice, with whatever medicine the doctor had given she was like a goldfish, about a five second memory, and a even shorter attention span.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2013, 06:54:34 pm »
[ooc: It's okay, it happens! <3 I just roll with it! xD]

Ari had hauled her drugged-out ass back down there, taken the cuffs off her, and put her back in her cell, and he was still there as she sat and poked at her wound. Yep. She was gone. But hey, he could empathize; he'd been drugged up plenty, not always for medical reasons.

"Wouldn't do that if I were you," he said, glancing over at her as he checks some of the inventory. "You're only gonna feel it later."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal