Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things [NIIIIIX]  (Read 3563 times)

Offline Tally

Re: This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things [NIIIIIX]
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 10:53:49 pm »
"Yes, sir."  Impress him, huh?  He could handle that.  Val figured his bartending skills to be second only to his marksman skills.

He made a decent show of it—hands flying, tossing the glasses, crafting the drink as quickly as he was capable of without pause or hesitation.  What he set before Gen was an orange and violet layered drink with a sprig of mint—a Singularity.

"Hope that'll suffice—hey, wait a minute!  You think I'm pretty!"

Offline Nix

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 11:17:48 pm »
Gen had already started to take a sip of the exceptionally prepared and presented drink before him when Val said that. Not many men had ever made Maygen Shrayd do a spit take, but Val had just come dangerously close. Instead Gen managed to kind of snort some of it and swallow the rest hard.

This was all followed by bar smacking and a roar of laughter. "Man, Val!!!" Gen chuckled. "For someone so bright you sure can be slow!" He couldn't help but grin now.

Offline Tally

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 11:24:23 pm »
"What?"  Val wore a lopsided grin.  "I was focused on the job!"

He wound around to join Gen on the other side of the bar.  "You're supposed to drink that, boss, not snort it out of your nose."

Offline Nix

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »
"Yeah... well yer not supposed to pick on your old boss." He grinned before pressing his lips to the drink and taking a proper sip of the drink. It was good too. "Though yer right... it tastes better on the tongue than in the nose."

Offline Tally

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2013, 11:45:06 pm »
Val took a seat in the next stool and spun about on it once, all the way around.  "Sorry boss.  See, I know these technical things because I'm a bartender."

He took a sip himself, closed his eyes and let the tartness linger on his tongue.  The bar was so peaceful now.  Outside, Cancer was still hopping, but the sounds of the street were muffled into indistinction.  The upper bar here had windows, but all of them frosted for the privacy of the patrons.

Offline Nix

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 09:30:24 pm »
"Well its good to know there's a professional around ta inform me of these pro tips." He grinned taking another swig as he glanced sideways to watch Val enjoy his own drink next to him. Val certainly was managing to make him smile despite everything. Damn was this kid pretty too.

Offline Tally

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:26 pm »
Being a bartender had its perks, among them such an easy and regular access to alcohol that Val had developed one heck of a tolerance.  He wouldn't even get a buzz from this one drink, and that was a good thing.  For all that he was trying to ease Gen's worries, he intended to begin preparing for the job tonight and he'd want a clear head.

"That's why you pay me the big bucks."  Val leaned his head on his hand to look over at Gen, who seemed to be in better spirits already.  "Let me know how drunk you wanna get, boss.  I'll keep 'em coming."

Offline Nix

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2013, 11:54:40 am »
"Val, I would loved to get shit faced and pass out in a drunken stupor... but that would be wasting a ton of booze I could sell, an' more so I should go see the big guy soon." He finished his drink and set the glass back on the bar. He'd be composed and cool when he headed out to talk to Chapel, but he didn't really want to be the one telling the captain.

"...But I suppose one more drink won't hurt nothin'."

Offline Tally

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 01:40:24 am »
"That's the spirit, boss!"  Val circled back around and whipped up another of the same for Gen, but nothing for himself.  They both had work to do tonight.  Too bad Gen planned to run off to see Chapel after this.

"Though, if what I've heard about the captain is true, he's not likely to blame a guy for a few drinks."  He passed Gen the glass, and this time stayed where he was to lean on the bar.  "You've met him though.  What's he like?  Tell him to come let me make a drink for him sometime!"

Offline Nix

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 01:51:32 am »
"Thanks Val." Gen said taking the drink and sipping on it. Damn Valentino was cute, leaning on the bar like that.

"Chapel? He's a serious guy... but he has to be. He's beautiful too. He was here the other day. He doesn't come by for a drink unless he needs somethin'. I've invited him to before but its not something he takes me up on usually. Nah, Chapel is too busy handling things to get down here often... but I'll invite him again when I talk to him. Maybe he'll come see you since you're much cuter than me." Gen smirked and took another swig.

Offline Tally

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 03:13:06 am »
First Gen calls him pretty, now he was looking at him like that.  Val held it together all through Gen's remarks about Meridia, but when he went and called him cute, Val lost it.  He had to duck his head and wrestle with an embarrassed smile.  He never had been able to take a compliment well.  Gen would have him blushing before long if he kept this up.

Offline Nix

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 07:32:54 am »
Maygen had managed not to constantly compliment the kid's looks because, well, he wanted Valentino to worrk for him. He could be somewhat professional with his employees, didn't need to be harassing 'em and making shit awkward for them all the time. But when he saw the glimpse of that little smile, damn. That was just too adorable.

"Come on Beautiful, don't be like that." Gen reached across the bar and took Val's chin in his hand, gently tilting his head back up. He was really going to let Darvish Zebel spent time with this kid? His stomach turned at the mere idea of it.

Offline Tally

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 01:27:45 am »
Easy for Gen to say.  Val just had one of those faces.  He blushed easy and was prone to smiling as a response to—pretty much anything.  He couldn't keep a poker face on with a guy like Gen complimenting him like this.  And he just kept on!

Just what were they doing?  Sure, Gen wasn't hesitant to call anyone attractive if he really thought they were.  Heck, he'd even called Meridia beautiful!  It was just that Gen was a decent guy, and Val might have a need here pretty soon to have some fun before shipping out, and it would be good to know exactly who his options were.

"I can't help it!"  He chewed at his bottom lip.  "How long will the meeting with the captain take?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2013, 01:50:49 am »
Fuck Val was making it hard to stay professional. He let his hand fall back to his drink and took another swig. "About an hour or so maybe. It really depends on Chapel." He said placing his half full glass back down. How could anyone resist that face?

Maygen grinned a bit, unable to resist toying with his employee a bit. "Why lovely? You gunna miss me? I promise to hurry back to ya~"

Offline Tally

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2013, 01:59:31 am »
Gen had to be doing this to him on purpose.  It wasn't just what he was saying, either.  It was also who he was.  Not only was he Val's boss, but he was also, well...pretty impressive.  What he'd done with his life, the connections he had.  Having a guy like that compliment him got Val all flustered.

"I still have to clean the place up.  It'll take a good while."  Even if he finished, he wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon.  Too much to think on and plan out.

Offline Nix

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2013, 02:08:51 am »
Gen downed the rest of his drink and gave it back to the cutie. "Alright, well I should be seeing ya when I get back then. We can hammer out some more details on the job then ok?" It had been a great distraction from the issues at hand, flirting with Val like that, but there was very important shit to be done.

Maygen got off the bar stool and smiled at his employee. "Sorry I didn't help ya clean like I said I would, but I will when I come back if ya still need help, ok?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2013, 02:14:22 am »
Val nodded, smiled.  "I'll save you a glass to clean."

It didn't usually take an hour to get the place cleaned up and prepped for morning, but Val dragged his tasks out.  It was really just to give him something to do as he ran over the job in his mind.  Equipment he would need, papers he'd have to get, contacts he'd have to visit.  If he couldn't sleep, he'd start packing tonight.

When he'd finally finished everything with no sign of Gen, Val retreated into the back rooms, where he unlocked the cabinet Gen had provided him for use as an armory.  A variety of well-kept, expensive firepower greeted him.  He ran a hand along the barrel of a hefty handgun, considering what to leave, what to take.

Offline Nix

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2013, 02:52:42 pm »
Gen hadn't spent all that much time meeting with Chapel, well not long all things considered. There were things to do and organize but he wouldn't let his worry show, not to the captain. He unlocked the door to the bar, glad to be back. He locked the door once inside and looked around. The bar was clean but he didn't see his cute employee on the floor. He strode to the back room and sure enough found Val there going through the gun cabinet.

"Hey there, did you save me a glass to clean or should we dirty some again first?" He grinned, leaning against the door, arms crossed against his broad chest.

Offline Tally

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 12:35:54 am »
Behind him, the door to the back room opened.  It could only be Gen.  Only a few had access to this back area, and none of them would be coming in at this hour.

Val dropped his hand from the handgun he'd been fondling to turn and smile at Gen.  "Is it time to get truly drunk now?"

He hoped the meeting hadn't gone all that bad.

Offline Nix

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 12:56:01 am »
"YEP. We can drink the bar dry, and tonight its on me." Gen said smugly as he turned to head back into the bar, waving for Val to follow him. There would be time to prepare later. Right now was drinking time. Gen set up two glasses. "Pick yer poison."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal