Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Rollin' in the deeeeeeep! [Tally-poo!]  (Read 36631 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Rollin' in the deeeeeeep! [Tally-poo!]
« Reply #120 on: November 09, 2013, 11:57:45 pm »
Cyrus nodded again and took a deep breath. Whereas before he wouldn't have liked Temple being that close, he didn't scoot away. "Alright. Good. So...we're good. Good."

Another nod, reassuring himself. "Right. Alright. Well, uh..." He cleared his throat and shifted awkwardly. While the unpleasantness of the situation had taken care of his morning wood, he still had a full bladder--and needed a cold shower. Gods.

He scrubbed a hand over his face. "Okay. Time to get up. I need to piss and I call first dibs."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #121 on: November 10, 2013, 12:30:46 am »
"We're good!"  Temple hopped out of bed, tugging Cyrus up with him, eager to get an actual task underway so they could maybe forget what just happened for a bit.

"Uh.  You handcuffed me to yourself and lost the key.  You don't get dibs on anything for a loooong while.  I'll let you go first this one time, though."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #122 on: November 10, 2013, 12:36:21 am »
Nothing helped get Cyrus's mind off things like some good old fashioned bickering. He scowled at Temple, hating the reminder that, yup. He was the one who got them into this mess. He was the one who threw the key, and the one who had the bright idea. Gods, how he wanted to forget that.

"Let me. It's my bathroom, Princess," he said as he lead the way to the bathroom, too groggy to care about who saw what as he took care of business. He was quick to undress after, and quick to hop in the shower without checking the temperature of the water first. It was cold, as expected, but right then that was exactly what he needed, and it helped wake him up and calm him down all at once.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #123 on: November 20, 2013, 11:08:22 pm »
"It's your bathroom, but need I remind you again," Temple said, raising their attached hands up in the air, "handcuffs.  Your idea."

Maybe it was just him, but it was way less awkward in the bathroom this time.  He supposed they both had bigger concerns than getting naked in front of each other.  He took a shower after Cyrus even though he didn't particularly feel the need for one yet.

"So," he said, dressed and out of the bathroom now.  "What are you gonna cook me for breakfast?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #124 on: November 20, 2013, 11:28:02 pm »
Cyrus got the distinct feeling he was never going to hear the end of this. He also got the distinct feeling that it was going to get really obnoxious really fast.

But for the moment, he gritted his teeth and bore it because, shit, kid had a point. Temple was allowed a certain amount of free digs at him for his flounder, the grace period of which was directly proportionate to the amount of time he was beating himself up over it.

With both of them dressed, he grunted noncommittally and pulled Temple along as he shuffled into the kitchen.

"Hadn't thought of it yet," he said. "More tea. Got some eggs. Toast. You could use some protein." He quirked an eyebrow an Temple. "Is that acceptable, your highness?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2013, 12:06:15 am »
Temple scurried along beside Cyrus.  Felt weird to have to plaster himself to Cyrus's side so closely, but he supposed they'd both get used to it after a full week.

"Sounds good, carry on."  Said in the most imperious voice he could manage.  He nudged Cyrus with his hip.  "I'm going to get accustomed to this royalty treatment."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »
"Yeah, well, don't," Cyrus said, and nudged Temple back to give himself more space--or as much space as he could get, attached to the guy.

He turned on the back burner of his gas-powered stove, stuck a pan on it, and pulled some eggs from the fridge. They were not white or brown like chicken eggs, but rather green and speckled.

He cracked a couple and set them to fry, scrambling them with a spatula. "Y'know, since you're just standin' there attached to me like a wart I can't burn off, why don'tcha make yourself useful and start the tea?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2013, 12:29:33 am »
This wasn't easy.  It was proving even more difficult than trying to navigate the bathroom while attached.   Cyrus kept moving his hand to grab this or that and kept jerking Temple's hand along for the ride.  He tried to help out and move with him but only ended up overturning a bottle of oil—closed, thank goodness—and throwing off Cyrus's movements even worse.

"Fine."  Getting the tea without moving Cyrus away from the eggs involved circling around behind him and pulling Cyrus's arm behind his back so Temple could reach the leaves.  The water faucet was too far away, though.  "Come on, come with me."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2013, 12:59:02 am »
Cyrus immediately regretted putting Temple to work, and this whole...being freakin' attached to each other was going to take some serious getting used to.

He grunted when Temple pulled at him, stretching his arm behind his back and leaning him away from the stove. Tugging back, he glowered over his shoulder at Temple. "Oh goddammit." As if this wasn't aggravating enough. Until this moment, he hadn't even thought of the logistics of the whole 'he wants to go one way, I want to  go another' issue.

With a sigh, he backed up a few steps, and stretched his free arm out as far as it could go so he could keep the eggs from burning. "Alright, hurry the hell up."

Offline Tally

« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2013, 12:08:23 am »
Cyrus was not making this easier.  If Temple didn't know any better—and he didn't, because he was trying to be good and not read Cyrus's mind—he would have sworn the man was making this awkward on purpose.  He only stretched out the absolute bare minimum to get Temple to the faucet, which left them strewn out—eggs, to handcuffs, to faucet—all the way from one end to another.

"This is more complicated than it should be," Temple muttered, returning, pulling Cyrus in the wrong direction and getting them both twisted around before circling back the right way to the stove.  He flicked the burner on and clapped the pot down.  "There.  Anything else?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2013, 03:14:25 pm »
And Cyrus had half a mind to think Temple was making this more complicated than it needed to be on purpose! He groaned in aggravation when he was pulled away from his eggs so they could do some sort of awkward shuffle to get untwisted again. But then the stove was on the burner, he could get back to the eggs, and when he flipped them he found them unscathed, so he was happy.

He gave Temple a look, sidelong. "Don't gotta get so goddamned huffy, Violet. I saved your skinny fuckin' ass out there. Remember that part?"

He flipped the eggs onto a plate, then went to pass behind Temple so he could get to the cupboard on his other side. He had to hold their joined hands up and turn around until they were back-to-back, almost like a fucking dance, so that they didn't get twisted all around again. He reached for the cupboard, grabbed some spices, and spun back around to the eggs.

Offline Tally

« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2013, 11:02:25 am »
With no further tasks from Cyrus, Temple planted himself in one spot and tried not to move or get his arm in the way and just let Cyrus figure out how to maneuver their joined hands to do whatever he needed to do.

"Oh yeeeah,  I do remember.  That was right after you sent me directly over to the pitch black water that was supposed to be totally safe, wasn't it?"

He tried to cross his arm, found the motion arrested by the handcuffs, cursed and let his hand fall back down again.  It was so hard to remember he was attached to something!

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2013, 11:48:39 pm »
In the middle of frying up some toast, Cyrus fixed Temple with another hard glower.

"I said I saved your skinny hide, smartass. I never said it was safe." He paused, and gestured at Temple with the spatula. "Least, I never said the tunnels were safe. That lake was supposed to be safe. Didn't know those bastards could swim, alright? Ain't never spent enough time 'round 'em to find out. Congratulations, Violet, ya taught me something new. Now stop fidgeting, you're pullin' my arm."

He flipped the bread onto their plates, put the eggs on top of it, and sprinkled both with a generous amount of spices, . He sprinkled his own with some sort of red powder and moved to do the same to Temple's, but stopped. "Right. Gotta make yours wussy city boy style. Can't handle the heat."

Breakfast made, he held Temple's plate out to him.

Offline Tally

« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2013, 11:28:53 am »
Cyrus gestured at him with the spatula, and a big chunk of egg went flying in a graceful arch to land in the middle of the kitchen floor.  Temple watched it sail through the air instead of listening to whatever Cyrus was saying, but the jab about the spices he could not leave alone.

He grabbed Cyrus's hand before he could put the shaker back down again.  "Since when?"

He took the shaker himself and applied a generous helping.  Couldn't take the heat, pfft.  Cyrus could give him grief about a lot of things, but the hot food was not one of them.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #134 on: December 10, 2013, 12:09:49 am »
For some reason, even though he had marveled over Temple's tolerance for spices weeks before, this just did not factor into his projected image of Temple as a pansy-ass city boy. Oblivious to the mess he'd made, Cyrus stared as he poured on the spice, then stared at Temple.

"Since, uh...since...aw, just shut up and eat your goddamn egg," he said, and took the shaker back to apply even more to his own meal, just because.

The tea was ready by then, so he poured them both a cup and handed Temple his. Then, noticing the egg glob on the floor, he scowled and cleaned it up before grabbing utensils for them both and tugging Temple into the living room to eat.

Offline Tally

« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2013, 12:18:14 am »
Did...did Cyrus just cover his food even more with spice powder just so to make a point that he could eat more than Temple?

Yes.  Yes, he did just do that.  Temple rolled his eyes and didn't even bother hiding it.  He hadn't realized the spices were a competition.

As before, he did his best to just follow Cyrus's movements and not get in the way.  So far, every time he tried to help, he only ended up making things harder for both of them.

Cyrus didn't bother with a formal dining table, so they ended up on the couch.

"Ooh," Temple said, sidling up alongside Cyrus's body.  "Is the big strong Teinari hunter going to show me how real men handle spicy foods?"

Fuck it.  If Cyrus wanted to keep playing the macho card, Temple would play his feminine card.  Who knew, it might even work better that way.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2013, 12:53:39 am »
Settling down on the couch, Cyrus set his tea on the coffee table and tucked into his food so he didn't have to converse. He was still a bit groggy, and a bit unsettled by the wake-up that morning, but it was nothing food couldn't fix, and his morning tea always woke him up.

He had his chopsticks halfway to his mouth when Temple sidled up alongside him and did...that.

Cyrus jerked, missed his mouth, and the glob of egg he'd been suspending dropped to his plate with a wet plop. "What the--?" It didn't help that they were both shirtless, a fact he was acutely aware of all of a sudden, and it didn't help that that morning was still burned into his brain. He leaned away, ducked his head, and grabbed for his egg again, though it took several tries since his focus was off.

"What the fuck are ya--? Why don'tcha  eat your shit and prove ya can handle it!"

Offline Tally

« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2013, 11:22:52 am »
"I already did," Temple said.  "A few times, I think."

He snagged a good piece of egg with his chopsticks, one with plenty of brilliant red powder piled atop it, and shoved the whole spicy lump into his mouth.

"You," he said around a full mouth, gesturing with the chopsticks, "have a real shitty memory."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2013, 01:43:25 am »
"Well sorry I don't keep track of every goddamn thing ya eat. Ain't exactly top of my to-remember list," Cyrus said, and shoveled some egg in his mouth.

"But alright. Fine. I was wrong. Ya can handle spice. I'll be more impressed when ya don't pale over bugs."

Offline Tally

« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2013, 01:57:10 am »
Temple wasn't prepared for the surge of pleasure that hit him at Cyrus's approval.  Over stupid spicy food!  Gods above, this was messed up.

"I'll just have to keep you around to handle the bugs then," he muttered, eyeing Cyrus sidelong as he sipped at his own tea.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal