Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Bubblegum vs Poprocks [Flakeblooooood!]  (Read 1702 times)

Blue

Bubblegum vs Poprocks [Flakeblooooood!]
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:31:12 pm »
Full house again tonight - it never ceased to amaze her how perpetually busy this place was. It was also interesting to see the vast variety of patrons to be found here - take her own show for instance, which was just finishing up. She was a Hardstyle DJ, with a complete rave party style to her moshpit, everything glowing and crazy fun and filled with intensely hard bass. But as her show was slated to end, a whole different set of people was already filtering in, diluting her crazy fans at the edges of the dance floor.
Her last song ended on a fading electronic note, the overhead announcement to ‘give it up for DJ Starglow!’ barely making it past her earbuds, but she jerked her fist into the air and gave her fan base a broad grin before exiting the turntables on the stage.

Her bodyguards did a good job of getting her into one of the backstage rooms without too much trouble, where she would loiter for a few minutes until the throng dispersed somewhat. Once she was given the all clear, the brightly adorned young lady sidled her way up to the bar to snag a colorful cocktail.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Flakeblood

Re: Bubblegum vs Poprocks [Flakeblooooood!]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 11:10:25 am »
Pink was an excellent color, in her opinion. This was the reason that Kotone sat on a bar stool, having just started on a virgin pink flamingo cocktail. It was made of lemon, cranberry and pineapple juice, with a generous splash of club soda. In Synesthesia, this drink was poured into a tall glass with ice. Delicious, sweet, and pink; that was important.

She had on her usual assortment of black and pink clothing, this time a black half-sleeve shirt with a v-neck and black mini-skirt, both with pink designs. She'd also worn black boots with bright pink laces. Just for the heck of it, she'd thrown on some rounded glasses, bracelets, and anklets that blinked multiple colors. The glasses were resting on her head, since they weren't meant for looking through because of their bright lights.

She wasn't joining in the crowd just yet. Though the DJ was good, whoever she was, Kotone had come to watch and listen this time. When the DJ exited the stage they announced her name, Starglow, and another DJ took her place.

The music that started up had a different ambiance from before, with more of an electronica feel and less bass. She shrugged and turned back to her drink, sipping from the glass. It was still pretty good, though the DJ didn't seem quite as exuberant as Starglow. In this business, people really needed to feel your passion, or else they wouldn't care about how good you were.

Bright colors brought her out of her musings, and she caught the previous DJ coming up to the bar. Well, how about that. She was pretty recognizable, with her pale figure covered in contrastingly colorful glow sticks. Considering for a moment, Kotone took another sip before commenting.

"You seemed chipper up there."

She didn't turn her head, leaving it facing towards the bar as she gently swirled her glass around in one hand. However, she did move her eyes to take a good look at the girl. Kotone wanted to see how she reacted when not on stage.
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

Blue

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 09:47:26 pm »
A strangely vibrant blue-green-yellow tiered cocktail had just made it into her hand when a sudden voice came from her side. There was no switch flicking between ‘Starglow’ and ‘Ocean’ - between on-stage and off-stage persona. The vivacious woman simply turned to face Sono with an easy grin in place and a wink already in motion.
“Love what you do, and you’ll never work a day in your life! It’s crazy fun being a DJ - I get to throw massive parties every night, and get paid for it to boot! What’s not to be chipper about?”

There was clearly no hesitance to talk to a stranger, as Ocean easily slid into the seat next to the black-and-pink clad lady who had started the conversation. As for herself, she was wearing a pair of her white jeans, amply ripped up to show her tan (fake, as she was albino, but most people didn’t even realize that haha), with a pair of strappy sandal-like heels in a golden hue. The bikini top of the day was white with diagonal stripes that gradiated a rainbow hue, and there was a fair smattering of little rhinestones on it that would catch the light. The rest was her usual - a plethora of glowing bracelets and necklaces, and her glowstick belt to match. Various streaks of color were in her white hair, all piled up into a fun ponytail with pinks, oranges, and blues. With the shimmering opalescent makeup across her eyelids somehow helping pull things together a bit, she did not look at all ridiculous - though perhaps it was her overabundance of self confidence and charisma that helped her pull off the daring outfit.
“What brings you out to Syn cutie pie?”

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 07:31:54 am »
Oh, ew. The enthusiasm was great for business, but Kotone was certain that if she took anymore happy people into her life she would die of an overdose of peppiness. It had to be possible, especially with the drummer to her band being the way he was.

Still not facing the DJ directly, she took a sip of her drink to get the taste of sunny attitude out of her mouth. The soft clink as she set her glass down was followed by another side-long glance at the woman who now sat beside her.

"Getting a feel for the new crowd." She sighed and placed her chin on the back of her raised hand. "Honestly. There's talent, but most of them won't get anywhere."

It really did take a fair amount to make it to idol status. A combination of charm, flirting, talent, and connections. Money didn't go awry either, but she knew Felix hadn't used that to catapult his way up. She glanced at the DJ beside her and started going through her mental checklist.

Talent, yes. Charm and flirting, perhaps. She'd have to wait until further into the conversation. Connections? Well, those were difficult to get, especially if you weren't born into them.
Rest assured, I see all of you lovely people's posts, but expect me to be a bit slower responding.

Blue

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 01:12:42 pm »
She found it oddly amusing how the woman seemed intent not to look at her directly. She was trying hard to appear aloof - pretty funny, since she was the one who started the conversation to begin with. Unphased, Ocean calmly continued to sip at her own drink, watching Kotone unabashedly.
At first, she thought that by ‘crowd’ the woman actually meant the Synth crowd - as in all the dancers and minglers present. It only took a half beat for her to realize the stranger was actually referring to the Djs themselves.
And she didn’t have great things to say!

“Haha! What a depressing view to have. We may be a society that likes to look up, but most of us know we won’t be climbing any substantial ladders, so to speak. This job, in and of itself, has it’s own perks - a lot of us are pretty content with that.”
She had already finished her drink, but the bartender seemed to know better than to offer her another cocktail. Instead she got a tall glass of cold water, the outside service already dewed over with condensation. You sweated way more than one would think, when all you were doing was mixing music! Taking a long swig, she finally continued.
“So after a comment like that, who are you supposed to be hun? Are you some kind of agent perhaps? Hm, or a scene critic? Now you’ve got me curious!”

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 11:57:04 am »
Since she didn't really have any response to the first comment, Kotone just hummed, neither agreeing or disagreeing. What did she care if her view seemed harsh? It was the truth, plain and simple. The colorful woman beside her seemed to know that though—and was still content—so she let that subject be. For now at least.

The other comment, she might as well respond to. She didn't want to completely sate the DJ's curiosity though, it just wasn't her style. So, who should she be? Since she was just watching tonight and not drawing attention, she could introduce herself as...

"Kotone." She sipped at her drink, paused, and actually turned her body to face the woman beside her. "I prefer it shortened though, so..."

She shrugged, heaved a dramatic sigh, and held out her hand to shake.

Blue

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:16 pm »
(AMG BLUE EXORCIST SIG PIC o/ )

Haha, such a vague yet succinct response. Just her name. Ocean got the feeling that meant she was likely neither of those things, but then again, she could be both. Regardless, it was pretty evident she wasn’t trying to draw attention to herself. Though Ocean made a career out of doing just that, she could respect that choice all the same.
Shifting a bit to also face her new chatting buddy more squarely, she took the offered hand and gave it a firm, brief shake.
“So…? You better tell me what you want it shortened to, or I may just make something up! Also, name’s Ocean. Nice to meet you, so far, heheh.”

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 02:18:35 pm »
(Ehe. >w< Indeed. One of my favorites.)

"Ocean," she repeated, lifting her head in a slight nod. The handshake was firm, something Kotone noted with approval.

After she removed her hand and took another sip of her drink, she shrugged and flopped her hand back and forth.

"I don't care how you shorten it. My name, I mean." She rolled her eyes to the DJ currently on the stand, taking a couple mental notes before turning back. "You're the most... interesting person I've talked to tonight."
« Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 10:36:01 am by Flakeblood »

Blue

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2013, 01:11:13 pm »
“Alright, Koko it is then!”
Hey, she said she didn’t care. And really, Ocean could have come up with way more ways of shortening that name. Koko was pretty cute though, so for now that would do. She may not have been the most friendly person, but there was definitely an air of cute to her! Honestly, she was pretty sure now that Koko was purposefully coming across as aloof.
Too much effort, in Ocean’s opinion. Cheerful was her default, and it was way easier to just stick with it.

“Haha, I get that a lot. ‘Interesting’ as in ‘not quite sure how to describe you’. I definitely don’t consider it a bad thing!”
She finished off her water with ease, and then motioned to the barkeep, who brought her a couple of bottles of water to round things out. Hydration was the name of the game!
She flipped one of the bottles repeatedly, an idle gesture.
“You’ve really got my curious though. You don’t seem to be having fun, and I’ve yet to see you crack a smile - really, what brings a lady like you down to a place like this Miss Koko?”

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2013, 10:58:45 am »
A fluttery feeling appeared in her chest at the sound of her nickname. Wow. She really had to stop getting excited every time someone shortened her name. It had to be unhealthy to obsess over something so... trivial. Except it wasn't, not to her.
Maybe that's why she attracted so many lively people. Oh, heavens forbid that she should secretly like that perkiness they exuded.

Still, at the next few comments, her eyebrows actually shot up nearly to her hairline. She turned to look directly at the woman beside her. She wasn't having fun? Just because she didn't radiate blinding happiness? This had to be corrected, but where to start...

"I can't enjoy people watching? ...I don't get to do much of this. Relaxing." Usually it was people watching her, instead. "Regardless, I was interested in seeing some up-and-coming DJs. I... might have wanted to check out the competition."

And here Kotone flashed her first grin, a sharp, predatory thing, though her eyes were teasing. Her band might not be in direct opposition to DJs, but anyone becoming popular had the potential to draw more attention.
Some people she could care less about, but as she'd said, Ocean was interesting. Passionate. She could respect that.

Blue

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2013, 11:39:49 pm »
Aha, now THAT had earned a response. Ocean just met that stare with a grin, resting her chin on her hand yet again as she waited to see how this would turn out.
A chuckle escaped her at that response, a light and easy sound.
“Now we get to the heart of the matter.”

Koko’s own grin, however predatory, didn’t put her off. She simply arched an eyebrow in apparent interest. Now the ball was rolling! So this lady here was already an established artist of some kind, perhaps even a true idol, though judging by her lack of recognition she must be in a field different from what Ocean kept her eye on.
Still, it was a valid point. Keep your eye out for competition. Anybody could rise up and dethrone you.
“You’re certainly sharp. I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess you’re either an idol already, or really damn close to it. I’m flattered you’d consider any of us potential competitors!”
Another light hearted laugh, but her words had been honest. She was just enjoying this conversation quite a bit!

Offline Flakeblood

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 11:20:48 pm »
Kotone tapped a finger idly on her partially empty glass. She knew she wasn't too much of an idol in her own right yet, she was mainly working off her status she had from the band. She was getting there though, so sometimes people would recognize her just from looks.
It was refreshing to find people who didn't, especially since she was taking some off time.

She hummed, neither agreeing or disagreeing. She sipped her drink, catching a stray drop on the glass with her tongue.
"Is that so? That's quite a limb to climb onto." Her eyes remained fixedly on the woman next to her, still daring her to continue. "You're not wrong though."

Just that short bought of interest was enough for her, so she exaggerated an eye roll to look at the back of the bar instead. Kotone had managed to catch her attention, as intended, so her own waned to help maintain her image. She drawled the next sentence, no longer using her direct, enthralling speech.

"'Course, it makes sense to watch for up-'n-comers. Everyone comes up from somewhere--" she'd come from the middle class, herself, "--and not everyone works alone."

Felix didn't need anymore ideas about bringing happy people into their group, but she knew he would. Better to have them also have skills to back up their enthusiasm.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal