Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Our conversations are like minefields [Toori]  (Read 6095 times)

Jenny

Re: Our conversations are like minefields [Toori]
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2012, 06:09:20 pm »
Jaxon all but shushed Toori as he began to object, his mind already stubbornly set on paying. He wasn't sure why he'd suddenly offered and why he was so determined to-- he hadn't really thought about it, and it wasn't out of pity though he knew that Toori probably didn't make much and had to take care of his grandfather.. It had just felt right, and he hadn't really thought before speaking. He tried not to think too much about it as he watched the woman at the register scan and bag their food, deciding to start up a casual chat. After they paid, Jaxon took the bags and led Toori back outside.

"So, you think you're not going to be drinking, huh?" he asked as they began the walk back to Toori's home. "Trust me, that won't work," he assured him with a grin, thinking about how he could get Toori drunk easily. His best bet would probably be a game of machine gun shots, with some kind of embarrassing ultimatum for the loser. The last time he'd played that, a guy had ended up in a dress and makeup. It probably wouldn't get too embarrassing at Toori's, but Jaxon would try to make it good enough that he wouldn't want to lose.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

chelle

« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2012, 12:21:32 am »
"Hmm," Toori said noncommittally, sure Jaxon was also formulating some kind of plan to ensure Toori would drink. He would probably bribe Toori with something or turn up his own incriminating evidence or something equally malicious. However much Toori was sure Jaxon had a good heart, he was equally sure that Jaxon wouldn't flutter an eyelash at playing dirty. Toori wouldn't have batted an eyelash either, actually, but he didn't have the practical experience that Jaxon did. Lying and cheating was practically in Jaxon's job description.

They walked quietly the few blocks back to Toori's house, Toori letting them in when they got there and then leading the way through to the kitchen. He started putting away groceries, setting the two bottles of liquor out on the table and eyeing them whenever he walked past.

Jenny

« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
Jaxon followed Toori quietly as they walked back to his home, a small smile on his face. Though it was silly, he was looking forward to drinking with Toori, and regardless of how stupid their plans were, he felt content to be around the other, to be doing anything with him. He felt good; comfortable. As they entered the house Jaxon handed the bags back to Toori and headed to the kitchen, taking a seat at the table as Toori put the produce away.

Watching the other, Jaxon immediately noticed the wary way that Toori regarded the alcohol every time he passed it, and smirked a bit. "Do you know anything about drinking games?" he asked, pulling the bottle to him and analyzing it as he awaited Toori's reply. His bets were on "no" and "we're not playing any games".

chelle

« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2012, 01:07:44 pm »
Toori's eyes narrowed at Jaxon, watching him casually inspect one of the bottles with an air of nonchalance. Toori didn't answer right away, preferring instead to focus on putting away the end of the groceries and leaving Jax in suspense.

"I know enough about drinking games to not participate in any," he said, crossing his arms over his chest, "And if you--we--are going to drink then we should do so up in my room." He supposed the best strategy was to go along with Jax, because the more he actively resisted getting drunk the more Jax would be determined to get him to do so. And if--if--Jaxon managed to get him to drink, the last thing he wanted was to wake up his dying Grandfather in the middle of the night because he and Jax were too drunk to keep their voices down.

Jenny

« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »
Jaxon kept his eyes trained on Toori expectantly as he awaited a reply, though it seemed that the younger boy wouldn't be gracing him with one. He placed the bottle down on the table beside the other and crossed his arms, about to remark on Toori's ignoring him. But before he could, Toori put away the last of the groceries, turned, and answered him-- as anticipated, with some comment about how he wouldn't play any. "Booooring," he said, sticking his tongue out at the other.

When he said they should head upstairs, Jaxon picked up the two bottles and smiled mischievously, grabbing Toori by the wrist as he walked by and dragging him upstairs. Seeing his room again, Jaxon had a brief flashback to what had happened earlier, but he swallowed his feelings, determined to maintain that he was not upset about that. He sat down on Toori's bed with a smile. "So I was going to suggest machine gun shots, but I'm guessing you don't have any shot glasses, let alone ten. How about something simple.... questions? We'll take turns asking each other.. If you must pass, you have to take a drink."

chelle

« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »
Toori could barely register Jaxon's evil smirk before he was dragged upstairs; he considering pulling away and standing at the bottom of the stairs with his arms crossed over his chest until Jaxon promised not to get him drunk, but decided against it. Jax would probably pout. Toori was dragged upstairs and then released when Jax got to his room, and he watched Jax flop back down onto his bed with a frown. This was why they had fought earlier, but this time Toori would be more careful. He didn't want to see Jaxon make that blank closed-off face again.

Toori watched Jaxon closely as he spoke about drinking games, not knowing what 'machine gun shots' were but not wanting to ask.

"What kind of questions?" he asked, not wanting to agree to something that would require him to tell Jax embarrassing things. Knowing Jax, though, that was probably exactly what he had in mind. He wanted to toss the bottles out the window and be done with the whole thing, but in the spirit of not pissing Jax off any more than he already had today he decided to play along, for now.

Jenny

« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2012, 06:21:51 pm »
Jaxon took note of Toori's petulant expression and held the bottles to his chest, anticipating that the other would try to get rid of them or something, which he just wouldn't allow. "Questions..." he paused thoughtfully. "..That would be embarrassing and we wouldn't want to answer. You know, so that the other person has to drink. They have to be hard questions," he explained. "Or, we could do 'never have I...' You know, never have I.. Dyed my hair pink. And neither of us would drink. Because we haven't. Or maybe you have?" He laughed and tilted his head to the side questioningly.

Realizing that Toori was still on the opposite side of the room, Jaxon scooted to the far end of the bed, giving a little gesture for the other to join him. He placed one bottle down on the floor and opened the other. "Either way. Mix it up, if you want. You can go first- Ask me a question, or anything."

chelle

« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »
Toori's shoulders slumped a little at Jaxon's explanation, as it was exactly what he had suspected. He hesitated when Jax gestured for him to join Jax on the bed, but after a moment let out a put-upon sigh and crossing the room, sitting on the edge of the bed. He eyed the bottle in Jaxon's hand warily, then sighed again and sat on the bed properly, facing Jax.

"Anything, huh?" he said, smirking a little and tapping his chin thoughtfully. He'd have to think of something that would make Jax regret he had ever started this game. He took a good minute to think of a question, and when he did his eyes lit up and he looked over at Jax. "Never have I been naked in public."

Jenny

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2012, 06:58:49 pm »
When Toori (at last) joined him on the bed, Jaxon smiled widely as he turned towards him, glad that he was being more cooperative. He watched as Toori's expression slowly grew plotting, a smirk crossing his face. Jaxon chuckled a little, trying to contain his amusement at the look of concentration on Toori's face. He knew if he started teasing the other now that there would be no drinking games. After a moment's pause, Toori's eyes lit up and he looked back at him excitedly. Jaxon grinned, just as excited to hear what he'd come up with.

'Never have I been naked in public.' He gaped a little before laughing, surprised that Toori would say that. "Public, like, do pools count--" Jaxon laughed again at the memory of all the things he shouldn't have done in public, "Okay, fine." He lifted the bottle and took a long gulp before handing it to Toori. "Okay.. Never have I.. Kissed a guy." At this, Jaxon reached for the other bottle and took another shot with a smirk.

chelle

« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2012, 07:09:47 pm »
Toori watched Jax drink with satisfaction, though his satisfaction was short-lived when Jax fired a statement back at him. Toori's face fell and he froze for a moment, considering his options. Jax probably thought he had never kissed anyone, no matter their gender, and probably thought Toori was a virgin as well. Neither of those were true, but Toori wasn't sure he wanted Jax to know that. He considered lying, saying he'd never been kissed, but he reasoned the truth would surprise Jax more, so he decided go for it. After a silent moment he raised his bottle to his lips, flushing slightly while he took a drink. He swallowed thickly and then coughed, making a face at the strong taste.

"Ugh," he said, and then looked back up at Jax with a smirk, "Never have I kissed a girl." Toori countered and pointedly did not take a drink.

Jenny

« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2012, 07:21:43 pm »
Jaxon was surprised when Toori took a shot, since he'd fired the question mostly out of curiosity, not out of a desire to make the blond drink. It wasn't as though he spent his time pondering Toori's sexuality; the fact of the matter was that Jaxon didn't care much about sexuality. He would go for anything he found attractive, but he knew other people were different, more rigid with their standards, and Toori was.. Well, Toori liked guys, and that was confirmed when he didn't drink at the wonderful statement 'Never have I kissed a girl.'

He considered that for a minute- Toori had never kissed a girl. But he'd kissed a boy. Boys? More than one? he quickly caught his mind wandering in an unfavorable direction and stopped himself. He took a shot. "Jeez, that was a trap, you know I'm a slut," he joked, laughing. "Never have I.. texted someone and asked them what they're wearing," he said, knowing that they would both have to drink. He winked at Toori before taking a shot.

chelle

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2012, 07:35:44 pm »
Toori was glad when Jaxon didn't seem to get too stumped at his own question, he only looked at Toori curiously before speaking again, talking lightly like none of it mattered. Toori was glad for that; he hadn't really been concerned about not being accepted by Jaxon, but it felt good all the same. When Jaxon told his never have I, Toori couldn't help but laugh. Somewhere inside he was a little flattered that Jaxon remembered their stupid idle conversations, not that he would ever tell Jaxon that.

"That's cheating, you can't ask things you already know," Toori complained, but he was smiling as he said it and then took a drink anyways. And, all right, maybe he was starting to have fun, but he knew that had more to do with talking to Jax than anything in a bottle.

"Never have I..." Toori licked his lips, looking down at his bottle and trying to think of something, "Been to Cancer," he finished lamely, frowning a little at his own lack of imagination.

Jenny

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2012, 07:50:52 pm »
Jaxon laughed a bit as Toori accused him of cheating, before shrugging and putting on his most innocent of expressions. He'd already drank more than Toori, but he was starting not to care very much about that, or anything at all, really. He was enjoying himself, he liked being around Toori, and the alcohol was making his head just a fuzzy mess of good feelings. "You suck at this game," Jaxon moaned at Toori's next statement, sighing before he took a shot. "I've already taken twice as many shots as you," he added, frowning slightly. "No more cheating!"

He took a moment to think of what to say, leaning back on his palms and balancing the bottle between his legs as he stared at the ceiling. He didn't want to cheat, but he also decided he wasn't going to do anything that would make him drink. When an idea finally came to him, he focused his gaze on Toori again. "Never have I fantasized during class." (And that was sort of cheating anyway, since Jaxon couldn't remember his high school years. He had the eerie feeling that he probably had, though.)

chelle

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2012, 08:09:44 pm »
Toori noticed Jaxon was starting to be a bit more dramatic than usual, and assumed that was the influence of the alcohol.

"It's not my fault I'm much more boring than you are," Toori said with a sigh, and the only change he felt from the alcohol was the uncomfortable burning in his throat. When Jaxon asked his question Toori frowned, considering it.

"You probably don't mean fantasizing about the school blowing up or what was for lunch, huh?" Toori asked with another sigh and then considered the question seriously. He had to think about it, he knew that wasn't something he had done often at school, but then-- He remembered. He'd had the same history teacher as his first boyfriend and his notes were always lacking in that class. Toori flushed at the memory, and not from the alcohol, and then knocked back a shot. The burn was slightly less this time, and Toori reasoned that the less time the alcohol spent in his mouth, the less it would burn. He'd just have to drink faster.

"Never have I skipped class," Toori said, and then added, "Or work."

Jenny

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2012, 08:27:46 pm »
Jaxon chuckled at Toori's question, shaking his head. He watched with interest as the other paused, seeming to actually consider the question before his face flushed and he suddenly took his shot. This made Jaxon smile with amusement, though at the same time it had his thoughts going south, wondering what it was Toori had fantasized about, and why. What made him tick. He almost had the gall to ask, but he still had control over his words, if not his thoughts about a cute teenage Toori.

The next statement seemed as though it should have gotten him, and Jaxon thought that Toori was probably certain it would have. But Jaxon didn't drink to that. He'd never had a formal job, and everything he'd done for his gang had been basically obligatory, whereas everything he'd done as a space pirate he'd signed up for himself because he'd wanted to do it. There had never been a good reason for him to skip. "Nice try," he teased, sticking his tongue out at Toori.

"Never have I been attracted to a very attractive space pirate who came in my shop for repairs," he said jokingly, knowing Toori wouldn't drink to it but it was worth saying just because it sounded so ridiculous that it made him burst out laughing.

chelle

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2012, 08:42:54 pm »
Toori raised an eyebrow when Jaxon didn't drink, because he'd had Jax pegged as the sort to shirk his duties. He supposed, though, on a space ship there wasn't really anything else to do except your job.

At Jaxon's next question Toori rolled his eyes, not finding it nearly as funny as Jaxon, who was laughing so hard he nearly lost his grip on his bottle. Toori considered drinking, if only because he knew it would shock Jaxon and it was a little bit true-- Toori had been attracted to Jaxon, but only physically. Jaxon didn't know Toori had a thing for the dashing space-pirate type, and if Toori had his way Jaxon would never know.

"You wish," he said finally, deciding that while the shock on Jaxon's face would have been very funny, it wasn't worth sharing that particular piece of personal information. Toori didn't drink, but smirked as he thought of a perfect counter-question.

"Never have I hit on the guy I wanted to fix my spaceship within two minutes of meeting him," Toori said with a smirk, not taking a shot at this because, obviously, he'd never had to hire anyone to fix something of his.

Jenny

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2012, 08:52:57 pm »
It was probably-- no, definitely the alcohol, that caused Jaxon to find himself so funny. Normally, he wouldn't have found his statement so entertaining (and he would have been aware of the value of keeping a straight face while telling a joke). But he was at least somewhat drunk, so he kept on laughing at his own joke until Toori refused to drink. "Liar," Jaxon snapped playfully, catching his breath from his laughter.

Hearing the next statement, Jaxon laughed immediately. It was a good counter, he had to admit, and took a shot without complaint. He wouldn't, however, drop the subject too easily. He scooted forward, moving into Toori's personal space carelessly and leaning forward. "Don't act like you didn't like it," he teased in a whisper before leaning back. "Never have I been treated to dinner by a handsome space pirate."

chelle

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2012, 09:03:52 pm »
Jaxon laughed, again, and Toori raised his eyebrows. Jaxon seemed to laugh a lot when he was drunk, or at least on his way to being drunk. Toori was starting to feel the alcohol himself, as his mind became a little bit fuzzy, but not enough to impede his judgement.

Toori couldn't help but laugh as Jaxon scooted forward and whispered, Jax was not half as smooth as he thought he was, and Toori reached out and playfully pushed at Jaxon's shoulder. When Jaxon came up with the next question both of Toori's eyebrows went up, and he made a show of thinking about it.

"Hmm..." he said, tapping his chin again, "I don't know about handsome. I was treated to dinner by a mildly attractive, fantastically annoying space pirate though. Does that count?" Toori smirked, rubbing his thumb over the lip of his bottle for a long moment before shrugging and taking a drink. He hadn't had as much as Jax, wasn't taking big shots like Jax was, but he was well prepared to blame the alcohol for the 'mildly attractive' comment.

"Never have I flirted with a stranger," Toori said, well aware it was a bit of cop-out but he had realized already he was horrible at this game.

Jenny

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2012, 09:14:30 pm »
Jaxon quirked a brow in reaction to Toori's pensive expression, waiting expectantly. Of course, he didn't really expect Toori to drink to that easily, but he was more joking around now than actually playing the game strategically. When Toori spoke, Jaxon nearly burst out in complaint as he said that he wasn't handsome. But Toori kept speaking, so Jaxon kept his mouth shut and let him finish. It turned out to be worth it- though the mildly attractive comment seemed more like a slip up than anything else, it still made Jaxon smile, clearly pleased. "I'm more than mildly attractive," he corrected, though he left the annoying alone, mostly accepting it as true. He watched with a grin as Toori drank to it.

As Toori brought up flirting with strangers, Jaxon frowned and drank. He had already had a good amount, and soon it would catch up with him, he was sure. He was impressed that he could still form coherent thoughts at this point. "Never have I told my friend repeatedly that I wouldn't have fun drinking with him and argued with him and then had fun drinking with him anyway," he said, realizing after it was out how completely and utterly malformed and convoluted his own statement was. He laughed, "I don't even know what I meant, so if you don't drink, I won't blame you."

chelle

« Reply #99 on: May 27, 2012, 09:28:04 pm »
Toori laughed at Jaxon's statement, mostly because of how utterly trashed Jaxon sounded already. He knew what Jaxon meant, though, and smiled over at him.

"I'll drink, but it's because I pass." Toori said with a cheeky smile and then took a gulp. He was having fun, much to his own surprise, and the pleasant floaty feeling of being buzzed was nice. This wasn't like Toori's other drinking experiences, for one, he wasn't surrounded by a group of hormonal teenagers, and for another, he actually liked spending time with Jaxon. He thought he'd be having fun with or without the alcohol, but he couldn't deny that the alcohol made this a little more fun. Or, actually, he could deny it, and would, but it was true nonetheless.

Toori tried to think of another question but gave up with a sigh, "I can't think of another one, I'm awful at this. You ask another one."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal