Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Fugly Juice [Rhi!]  (Read 3669 times)

Blue

Re: The Fugly Juice [Rhi!]
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:12 am »
Bjarte just blinked at Ari, his face enviously blank even as his tail relaxed into a loose curl behind him. He snorted slightly, as though the human had said something nonsensical - again.
“I am not touching you. Things are things are things. The body is to be respected.”
His arms still crossed over his chest, entire frame swimming in too-large clothes, he made a sound that sounded suspiciously like ‘humph’.
“So many creatures in this solar system are materialistic…Sigh. Very well, since I assume we are done here? My personal effects and modification equipment are being held in a storage unit, and will need to be brought on board if I am to begin my job.”
Reaching out, he snatched up a blank piece of paper and a pen, and scribbled out the address for Ari’s reference. Leaving it there (no need to try and hand it off, lest this oaf try and touch him again), he stood back and flicked one ear hard again.
“I’d like to be shown the medical bay.”
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 12:22:40 am »
Ari picked the paper up and slipped it into his cargo pants pocket. He wasn't even going to touch the "body is to be respected" crap. What puritanical bullshit.

"I'll grab some folks and we'll bring it up later," he confirmed, then waved for Bjarte to follow him. "C'mon, let's show ya to your new room."

It wasn't a long walk away, as the Sassy wasn't huge; the living quarters tended to be spaced pretty close together. Before long, they'd reached the modest med bay--and it was very modest. The last medic had taken their supplies when they'd left, leaving them with some basic first aid kits and some painkillers and antibiotics. Stuff that would work in a pinch and hold them over until they could get to a real medic.

"Here we go," Ari announced as he opened the door and stood aside to let Bjarte through. "Yours to do what ya like with."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Blue

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 01:51:37 pm »
Bjarte nodded slightly, and then followed after Ari silent as a wraith. His tiny pawed feet hit the metal walkway with the delicate grace of a cat - you’d never have known he was there unless you turned to look.
Already he could tell he’d been too long without the soothing warmth of his lamps - the seeping cold of space was setting into his bones. His feet, carrying him so smoothly, were screaming in agony with every step on the cold floor.
While any of his species would be uncomfortable in such lacking warmth, they likely would be hard pressed to die of it if properly dressed. Thanks to his unique problems, he was hyper sensitive to the cold, and there was little to nothing fitted to a creature of his size and with his unique anatomy.

Stepping into the med bay, he was blunt as ever.
“Looks like it was stripped. I suppose we should all be grateful I have my own equipment.”
He seemed unbothered by its size, but then, he fit into small rooms much easier than his huge counterparts. Walking a circuit of the space, he inspected the sparse supplies with slitted pupils, brushing his finger tips here and there, as if feeling more than just the surface of the metal.
“I’ll need my supplies sooner rather than later.”
Finding the sole chair in the place, he curled up onto it, knees to his chest and his tail wrapping around his feet. He didn’t seem too keen on moving from there until his things were brought up, either.

If Ari had half a brain (and Bjarte felt that was being too generous), he might understand the reasons when he retrieved the stored equipment. Though most everything was medical gear, there were a set of four large rectangular heating lamps as well - life saving devices in Bjarte’s case.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 02:49:51 pm »
Ari stared at Bjarte as he planted himself in a chair and had the funny thought that this scrawny kid could have been a captain himself somewhere for all that he seemed comfortable giving orders. That, or he'd grown up spoiled and used to getting his way. Either or.

With a laugh, Ari swept a bow, complete with flourish. "Yes, m'lord," he said, then turned and left.

He managed to find the place, and scheduled to have it delivered; it wasn't just a little med kit the guy had there but enough supplies to take several trips. He hadn't really looked to see what all was there and, as he was no doctor, he wouldn't have been able to identify more than the basics anyway. Some time after that, he made his way back to Sassy and knocked on the door to Bjarte's room.

"Your shit's on the way!"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Blue

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 02:52:45 pm »
That, or he just disliked Ari. Or people. Probably just people. Still curled up on the hard metal chair, Bjarte flicked an ear sharply at the theatrics before finally being left to his own devices for a short while.
So far, so good.
He’d managed to get off the space station, and well before anyone had really begun looking for him in earnest. Running a back room clinic came with rather…interesting difficulties, to say the least. Apparently, you could patch up the ‘wrong people’ and get yourself into rather substantial trouble.
He had not the patience to deal with all the gang politics.
At least on board the ship, his number of patients was severely limited, and he had plenty of time to dedicate to himself.
Which was lucky, because already his body was not reacting the same to the latest batch of medicine.

Sitting in the freezing room, he gave himself another injection silently. Hopefully it would at least take the edge off the pain. Being away from the lamps this long…he’d vastly overestimated his own ability to handle the temperature drop. Luckily, Ari was knocking on the med bay door some time after. Still curled up, Bjarte managed a reply.
“Yes, well, I do hope my ‘shit’ is on the way quickly.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 12:44:32 pm »
Ari let himself into the room, then paused a step and stared. That staring rapidly turned to wide-eyed horror when the entirety of the scene sank in: Bjarte, with a syringe, sticking himself with gods knew what. "Urk."

His face paled and he averted his eyes, raising a hand to his mouth and swallowing hard. Then, in an effort to save face and act smooth, he used that same hand to run his fingers through his hair, hoping that small hiccup hadn't been noticed--and that Bjarte wouldn't connect the dots.

Be cool.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, they'll be here quickly, or as quickly as a couple burly dudes can carry a shitload of delicate medical gear. Patience, my tiny prickly lord. They'll come."

As if on cue, another knock sounded at the door, and Ari leaped at the distraction. Turning away from Bjarte, he let the men in, who paused in the doorway and looked about.

"Where ya want it dropped?"

Blue

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 10:09:33 pm »
Well. That was interesting.
Without so much as batting an eyelash, Bjarte filed away that reaction for later use. For it WOULD be used later. He tossed the syringe onto the bare table, done with the injection for now. He’d have to create a stronger batch once all his things were set up.
Just buying time…just buying time…

A sudden, rare half smirk appeared on his face at Ari’s statement.
Tiny prickly lord. He kind of liked that.
The expression was gone as quickly as it came, for the ‘burly men’ were arriving. And with that question, his tail snapped into a tight curl, and there was a scalpel in his hand faster than you could blink (apparently from somewhere on his person, which made it slightly more terrifying).
“If you drop it, I will deflate your left testicle.”
Completely deadpan I-will-so-fucking-do-it face.
“You may set it down in the middle of the room. I’m sure the good captain here is enough to help unpack it. You need not trouble yourselves.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 03:47:03 pm »
The men did set it down, carefully at that, and it took no convincing to get them out of there. They had already been paid and, buff, burly men or not, it was more than a little unnerving to be threatened by a tiny alien gremlin lizard man with a scalpel who was precisely groin-height.

Ari watched them leave with a wide grin, somehow managing not to burst into laughter. He was pretty sure he heard one of them grumble something along the lines of, "Crazy little fuckass." Smart dudes. It might have disturbed him, too, if it wasn't so fucking funny.

"Deflate their left testicle, eh?" he said when the door closed behind them, eyebrow cocked. "That's awful specific, buddy."

Blue

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2013, 11:06:25 pm »
The scalpel disappeared easily enough once his things had been deposited in the room. Still curled up on the chair, Bjarte’s tail slowly uncurled, but he didn’t seem to be in any hurry to stand up and assist the unpacking. If he was going to assist at all.
Which, of course, he wasn’t. Bitterly cold as he was, the last thing he wanted to do was uncurl from his seat and move around on that cold floor some more.
“Yes, well, I find the more specific I am, the more effective the threat.”

He then titled his head at the large boxes.
“First and foremost, unpack the one containing the lamps. Clamp them in wherever they will fit in this room, and make sure they are securely connected to your ship’s energy supplies.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2013, 11:40:28 am »
Ari looked over at Bjarte and gave him a smile that was half amused, half bemused. "Tiny, prickly lord" had been a more fitting nickname than he knew.

"Yes, Your Majesty!" he said with another bow, and went to unpack the boxes Bjarte had indicated. He pulled out the first lamp and looked around for a good place to clamp it.

"So, why aren't ya down here unpackin' your shit, eh?" he asked as he set it up. "And what's with all the lamps? Do ya photosynthesize or somethin'?"

Blue

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2013, 11:48:37 pm »
He snorted in response to the ‘nickname’, but didn’t make any further objections. He was hunched in the chair, hugging his knees to his chest, and all the while disinterested yellow eyes watched as Ari set to unpacking.
“I’m making good use of your absurd size. And if you refuse, I can always threaten to drain your eyeball with a syringe while you sleep.”
Deadpan as usual, it was impossible to tell if that was a real threat or more of a joke. Honestly, that actually depended on how much of a pain Ari decided to be. He was wary of this guy, all perky good humor as he was.
These types were the worst to deal with.

“I don’t photosynthesize. And even if I did, those are HEATING lamps. Not UV lamps. Uneducated twat. The temperature of space does not agree with my physiology.”

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 11:40:13 pm »
A full-bodied shudder went through Ari at the threat, making the lamp he was holding rattle. If it wasn't bad enough that he had a needle phobia, he had an eye squick on top of it. He rolled his shoulders to try and pass the shudder off as stretching, took some time adjusting the lamp to buy himself some "cool down" time, and then looked slowly up at Bjarte, one eyebrow arching.

"Hey now, who's employin' who, here?" he said when he felt like the first words out of his mouth wouldn't be what the PISS-LOVIN' FUCK is wrong with you? "I can't count out your share of the swag if I don't got eyes, and gettin' stabbed don't exactly put me in a sharin' mood. Anyhow!"

Lifting a lamp, he stood with it and glanced around the room. "So now that we've established you're not a plant, but a lizard, where ya want this?"

Blue

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 11:40:17 pm »
Bjarte was unphased, his flat gaze all but boring holes into his captain’s sizeable back. So unnecessarily large…
“Truthfully, you only require one eye. An eye patch might lend you some degree of credibility anyway.”
Though he wasn’t showing any sign of it, this was rather amusing. Tormenting this man would prove entertaining, and be at least a small measure of compensation for having to deal with him all the time.

A rough sigh left him at the comment, and he stiffly began jabbing at various parts of the room, so that no great swath of space was left without a heating lamp in its vicinity.
“An incredibly crude way to categorize, but I suppose I wasn’t expecting much from you to begin with.”

@Rhi-Rhi

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 12:50:00 am »
"Y'know, awesome as eye patches look, I'm pretty damned okay with havin' functionin' eyes. And the point, in case ya missed it, is that I control the funds so ya don't make fuckin' eye jokes. That's nasty. And, y'know, a pretty rude thing to tell the guy that's haulin' around your shit."

As he spoke, Ari placed the lamps where Bjarte pointed, and realized, while setting down the last lamp, that this was kind of hilarious. He was dancing to this diminutive alien's tune, doing all this shit for him, and the guy was giving him zero respect for it.

"There. That should do it," Ari said as he set down the final lamp. That done, he turned to Bjarte and gave him an expectant look, one eyebrow arched, and waited.

Blue

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 01:03:08 am »
Again, Bjarte simply stared blankly at Ari. He was a tiny bundle of spiny unpleasantries, that was for sure, but it kept him from going mad with pain and discomfort. Besides, he didn’t exactly plan to stick around anyone for very long, and the more prickly he was, the less likely people would try and pry.
“Nobody said I was joking.”
Was his deadpan reply.

But soon enough, the lamps were set up and ready to be used. Completely disregarding Ari’s expectant look, Bjarte gingerly extended a leg and pressed a paw like foot to the cold ground. He clamped his jaw to hide the pain, and silently wheeled himself toward the closest one. Once under its warming glow, he returned to his fully curled position and proceeded to…well…bask? Or maybe that wasn’t the right term. It wasn’t like a creature laying out in the sun in contentment. It was more like a creature, desperate yet feeble, yearning toward something it direly needed.
His half lidded eyes were the only show of his profound relief, and for a moment he forgot he had an audience. Once he remembered, however, the tip of his tail twitched sharply.
“Haven’t you things to do? Captain like things?”

@Rhi-Rhi

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 01:51:08 pm »
"Nawww, not for a while yet," Ari said with a dismissive wave of his hand, drawn out of staring at Bjarte. Yup. Just like a lizard, if strangely more...pitiful looking? It was the way he kept curled up like a beaten dog that made Ari think of that.

Leaning his back against one of the desks with his hands planted on its surface, he cocked his head. "Why? Ya in that much of a hurry to get rid of me? What if I wanna stick around and get to know my new snarly medic buddy, eh?"

Blue

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 09:07:04 pm »
However happy he was to finally feel heat seeping back into his body, taking some bite out of the searing pain, Ari’s persistence was grating on his nerves. Was he always this obnoxiously dogged in his pursuits? Or was he simply not taking him seriously due to his diminutive size? Still, he made a point of being terrible company, and it was usually enough to keep his interactions with others brief.

This captain was proving to be stubborn in the worst way possible.

He leveled a withering stare at Ari, though he already had a sense it was all for naught. Perhaps that made the whole thing a waste of energy, which made him want to sag into the chair and give up trying. But if nothing else, his constant pain made him somewhat irritable by default. That didn’t really take much effort.
“Yes, as a matter of fact I am. I can’t fathom what else you could possibly want to know, but as you are my employer, I will suffer a few questions to humor you.”

@Rhi-Rhi

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal