Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Well, hellooo. [Katie!]  (Read 3266 times)

Anonymous

Re: Well, hellooo. [Katie!]
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 07:13:28 pm »
"Ari, give it a rest, she said she wasn't interested." Ben shook his head and flipped through the menu, "Is there anything not made of grease? Or has some vegetables. You remember vegetables Ari? And, Alia right? Are you sure there isn't anything? Ari's treat."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Katie

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 07:34:12 pm »
"Yeah, I'm sure," said Alia. "And I think they might of heard of vegetables here, but it's pretty much only in the capacity of things to soak up the extra grease with. If you want something sans grease, there's the dessert section, but that's pretty much all synthetic sugar. Which I don't think he needs."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2011, 07:40:43 pm »
"Hey, I'll decide what I need!" Ari said, throwing an incredulous look at the two of them. Oh, jeez. Maybe hiring an older woman was a bad idea. Was she...actually teaming up with Ben?

He hadn't seen that one coming.

"And I eat vegetables. I mean, what about fries? Those are technically a vegetable."

A server came by with the hot wings and set them on the counter and Ari promptly tucked into them. They were spicy and full of grease and delicious and hey, as a bonus they were a finger food, too! Less work, no need to bother with utensils. Taking a bite of hot wing, he nodded to them. "Sure ya don't want none?" he asked around a mouthful.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2011, 07:49:04 pm »
"Those don't count." Ben snorted, giving up on the menu and taking a wing. He knew Ari wanted to share some of them, so he would eat a few. He tried to get him to eat real food, but it seemed a wasted effort.

He smiled at Alia, "Well, I'll just have to take you to some real food sometime. On Ari's tab."

Katie

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »
"They don't," Alia agreed, "Unless they're the baked kind, and even then that's a touch iffy." She looked at the wings and thought about eating one just to be polite, and then decided she wouldn't because she'd already had that shot and extreme chemical reactions weren't something you wanted to happen in your stomach. "And yeah, that'd be nice," she continued, smiling back at Ben.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 08:05:36 pm »
"Well, nice to see ya two gettin' along so great," Ari said, shooting the two a mock glare. "And whatever comes outta my tab, unsanctioned, comes outta your paycheck. Just so ya know."

He finished off a wing and ordered another round of shots. He'd come in here planning to eat greasy food and get drunk and still intended to. That he'd gotten a new hire out of the deal (a tough lady with a nice ass!) was a bonus. He took his shot and picked up another wing to wash it down.

Maybe the two wouldn't go together well, but he had a stomach of steel, considering his habits.

"So, ya guys had any plans? I figure after we're done here we can book it to ol' Sassy unless ya had stuff ya needed to do first. Show ya around, get ya to meet the crew, all that shit." Whew. That stuff was really strong. He was starting to feel a buzz now.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2011, 08:07:34 pm »
"That would require you to pay your own tab. That is the joys of corruption Ari." Ben took his shot and tossed it back. It took quite a lot to get him smashed, but he was mostly happy to stick to his beer.

He had eaten his wing and that was good for now, "I'm here for you, so those are pretty much my plans for the evening."

Katie

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2011, 08:22:11 pm »
Alia shrugged. "Need to clear my stuff out, pay off my rent, that kind of thing. Shouldn't take very long, couple hours at the most. Then I'm all yours."

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2011, 08:27:26 pm »
"Take your time. There is no rush, we aren't set to leave until tomorrow anyway." The supplies were being delivered in the morning and there was some repair work being done. Ben smiled again, "Let me know if you need help. I can send some crew down to help with your things if you like."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2011, 08:31:37 pm »
"'All mine', huh?" Ari smiled angelically, licking sauce off his fingers a bit more enthusiastically than necessary. "I like the sound of that, not gonna lie. So when we're done here, how about I give ya directions to Sassy? Then ya can meet up when you're ready."

He picked up another wing. If they were gonna chicken out, then he was just gonna stuff as many as he could down him, because he only got these things once every few months. He did push the plate toward Ben, though, raising an inquisitive eyebrow at him.

Katie

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 06:34:03 pm »
Alia snorted. "Not like that," she said. "I'm starting to suspect you only ever think about your penis. But if you can take your mind off it it long enough to tell me where the ship is docked, that'd be great."

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 12:50:55 am »
"I doubt it, but I can." Ben gave her directions, still a little...unsure how quickly Ari had hired her. Never could be too careful, rival gangs, spies from authorities, any number of things. But he would start checking her out and keep an eye on her and see that things went smoothly.

"You get used to him after a while. I ignore most of what comes out of his mouth. Just listen for the keywords."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 01:31:46 pm »
Ari wiggled his greasy fingers at Ben. "Be nice. Ya keep talkin' smack and I just might have to smear ya," he warned.

"Anyhow, you're free to do whatcha gotta do. Just get to the Sassy by tomorrow, as we're gonna be heading out in the mornin', alright?"

Katie

« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2012, 09:03:22 pm »
"Alright," said Alia. "See you then." She got up, flipped Ari a mock-salute, and headed out of the pub.
-----
The next day, she packed, paid off her rent, said her goodbyes, and headed out. It wasn't hard to find the Sassy--Ben gave good directions, plus the name was graffitied on the side in big, bright letters. She walked around to the side with the door. Now. There were probably outside cameras, but was someone watching them or would she have to knock?

OOC: really sorry this took so long. I actually thought I posted it already (*shame*)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 04:15:11 pm »
"Hey!" Ari called from behind Alia, having been out and about himself. He was carrying a plastic bag full of stuff (mainly things for his aquarium, new rocks and filters and food and testing strips) and it looked like he had good timing, too.

"I see ya made it. C'mon in," he said as he dropped down the gangplank and headed inside, motioning her to follow.

Katie

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2012, 07:06:43 pm »
"Morning," said Alia, following Ari into the Sassy. She wondered why he was carrying a bag of rocks, and then dismissed it with a mental shrug. She'd probably find out sooner or later. "Nice ship," she added as the gangplank closed behind them.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2012, 11:52:05 pm »
"Nice? Just nice? She's the prettiest ship you'll ever see!" Ari said. "Can't tell me you've seen a more unique paint job! I won't believe it. Anyway, welcome aboard! We've got a pretty small crew as of yet, but we're all cozy and tight. Better be when you're stuck in a little can floatin' in space for fuck knows how long."

He lead the way into the kitchen and dumped the bag onto the table, unpacking things. Most of it needed to go into his room, where his tank was, but he'd bought a few snacks and vitamins and he started to pack those away. You needed all the vitamin D you could get out here.

"Well, make yourself at home. I'll show ya around, let ya meet the bridge and dump your stuff in your room. Your livin' quarters, well, basically, ya can do whatever ya want with it as long as ya don't destroy it and I ain't paying for whatever interior decoratin' ya do. Just no paintin' the walls unless we're docked. Can't exactly open a window out there, y'know."

Katie

« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2012, 09:01:37 am »
"Hey, I've seen a lot of ships," said Alia, "This one does have the best paint job of the lot, though." It certainly might not be the neatest she'd ever seen, but it was sure more interesting than one color and a name or number.
She followed Ari into the kitchen and leaned against one of the counters while he unpacked. "Sounds good to me," she said. "And you don't have to worry about that, I don't do much in the way of decorating. I can think, though. I mean, give me some credit here, I know not to screw up the air system with paint fumes when we're out in space."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2012, 10:47:58 pm »
"Ain't a statement about your intelligence. Just sayin'," Ari said, shutting a cupboard door and latching it. "Some people don't do much thinkin' and forget they're trapped in a can floatin' in space."

Yeah, actually, that had been him once upon a time. That had been fun. What could he say? Having spent the first sixteen years of his life on Edanith, on land surrounded by fresh air, it had taken a while to adjust to space.

Finished with his unpacking, he turned to Alia. "Ya hungry? Need anything? Or shall we get on with the tour?"

Katie

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2012, 02:11:48 pm »
"Seeing as I'm responsible for flying the tin can, I don't think I'll be forgetting any time soon," said Alia dryly. "Nah, I'm fine. I want to see the rest of the ship. Though it'd probably be better if we go to my quarters first so I can get rid of my stuff."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal