Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Bend and cough! [Rinaaa!]  (Read 950 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Bend and cough! [Rinaaa!]
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:13:18 pm »
This looked like the place.

Nicolai paused outside the door and checked the notes he'd scribbled down. He'd asked around the Cancer to learn where he might find the best medical practitioners and this one, this Dr. Edwards had been mentioned by several people as one of the best if you had no insurance and no ID.

Sounded like his type. Dr. Edwards didn't keep records of his clients, thus no paper trails, and--with luck--there would also be no records of his existence here, either.

Nicolai stepped inside and into the lobby and headed up to the receptionist.

"G'day, miss," he greeted the woman. "Is the doctor in?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: Bend and cough! [Rinaaa!]
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 10:16:09 pm »
Tawny blinked up at the man and tilted her head to the side, "Um...yeah. You a new patient? Fill out this form, then um, I can buzz you in."

She handed him a clip board with a form on it asking for medical history. There was no place for name or address or anything like that.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 10:28:18 pm »
"Yeah, first time to this clinic. Heard you had a good rep." Nicolai took the clipboard and took a seat, scribbling down some notes. Nice. Not even names. He quickly finished up the form and returned it to the receptionist. Wasn't much to fill out, considering it wasn't even a real visit; he'd just come to have a lengthy discussion about migraines.

Because this was just to scout the place out. He was willing to do a lot of things for a job, but he stopped at "potentially invasive medical stuff".

"Nice, cozy place you got. Is there only the one doctor?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 10:32:50 pm »
"Um...yes." Tawny pressed the head piece she wore, spoke a few words into it, then smiled at Nicolai, "Okay, like, you can go in now. It's that door over there."

Rook was at his desk, glasses sliding down his nose as he read over a medical journal. So many things to keep up with and so little time. His screen gave a small beep and he pulled up the information Tawny had scanned in. Looked pretty basic.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 10:49:28 pm »
"Thanks, love," Nicolai said before heading through the door and into the office.

He found the doctor at his desk--and thus far hadn't noticed any other staff but the girl and Dr. Edwards himself. If that was all there was, that would make this so much easier, so here's hoping.

"Dr. Edwards," he greeted, approaching the desk and holding out a hand. "I've heard a lot of good things about this place."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 10:52:10 pm »
Rook stood in a fluid motion, holding out his hand and smiling, "Ah, well, I'm glad. What can I call you sir? You are here about migraines, yes?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 11:02:34 pm »
"Nicolai will do just fine," he answered, clasping hands with the doctor and giving a firm shake. "Pleasure to meet you. Is Dr. Edwards alright, or should I call you something else?"

At the man's question, he nodded. "Yeah, I've been getting them pretty badly the last couple months. Used to be more sporadic but they've been increasing and over the counter drugs aren't helping."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 11:04:49 pm »
"Dr. Edwards is fine." Rook smiled again, glad this one seemed to have manners. So many of them liked to get overly familiar and the professionalism was nice, "Well, let's do some blood work and see if there is anything there. Have you had any changes in lifestyle or diet recently?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 11:15:04 pm »
"Well...I did start doing more space travel," Nicolai said, and was glad that the whole migraine story was actually based in reality. He did get migraines; that much was true. The lie was that he was also managing them with drugs that worked.

"They weren't so bad when I kept planet-side," he continued, rolling up his sleeve so Rook could get to his arm.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 11:19:57 pm »
"Hmm. There could be a few things. Lets see what your blood says though." Rook shook his head, moving around his desk, "Let's take this into the exam room."

It was a short walk to the sterile and perfectly organized exam room. Rook gestured to the table and started preparing a needle.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 11:40:26 pm »
"Guess the blood never lies, hm?" Nicolai said, taking a seat on the table. Thank goodness he had no particular medical-related phobias.

"This is a nice practice you got," he said as Rook prepared the needle. "Must be interesting working on the Cancer with all the types you probably get."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 11:44:38 pm »
"Mmmm. Yes and no. Honestly, no matter where you work, people are rather stupid. Honestly, it's probably less interesting here. I mostly just get combat injuries I have to patch up. Back home, I got to deal with things like...hamsters shoved up peoples assholes."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 12:13:02 am »
Nicolai's eyebrows climbed. "Really? I thought that was just an urban legend."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 12:19:04 am »
"It was. Until dumb people decided to try it out." Rook shook his head, "The things I've pulled out of people."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 12:37:05 am »
Nicolai's mouth twitched. "But...how did...was it dead?"

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 12:40:03 am »
"Sadly, the man survi-oh. The hamster. Sadly, the poor thing died."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 01:02:29 am »
"What an awful way to go..."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 01:06:29 am »
"I wouldn't wish it on many people." Besides Ari. But most people, he wouldn't wish that on.

The computer beeped then, letting him know the bloodwork was finished. He glanced over it, "Well, seems pretty normal. I'll give you some pills to try, let me know how they work."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 01:22:23 am »
"Well, thank gods it's normal, at least. Thank you," Nicolai said, shifting a little where he sat. "How long should I give it to work before I update you?"

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 01:26:10 am »
"Well, lets say a week. If you feel like its getting worse or anything, come back in." Rook handed Nicolai a bottle of pills, "Tawny will take care of your bill with you."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal