Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: What's up, doc? [Rina!]  (Read 3082 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

What's up, doc? [Rina!]
« on: October 04, 2011, 11:33:15 pm »
I should look into a better medic.

Ari's on-board medic wasn't bad--he'd dug the bullet out of his shoulder and sewed him back up again just fine--but he also lacked a license and didn't have the good stuff. At least, they'd run out of the good stuff, a lot of which they'd pilfered from a medical supply ship en route. It had lasted them a while but he'd ended up using the last of it recently when they'd boarded a ship and, well...he got poked with lead. The wound was still fresh and far from healed and it hurt like a fuckin' bitch, throbbing with his pulse.

Which is what brought him here, to a slummy part of the Cancer that he was quite familiar with. Might as well make a pit stop while he was here.

Spotting the familiar hole in the wall place, Ari paused, finished off his cigarette, and snubbed it out under his boot. Then he strode inside and made his way over to the receptionist, leaning onto the counter to peer down at the woman behind it--and down her top, too.

"Hey, baby," he greeted, blowing Lacey a kiss and winking. "The doctor in?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: What's up, doc? [Rina!]
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:40:16 pm »
Lacey smiled brightly up at Ari, uninterested and unimpressed. He had been in too often and she liked girls anyway, so his attempts at flirting were wasted on her, "Sure. I'll let him know you're here."

She pressed a button and a moment later, Rook stepped out of his office. He lifted an eyebrow at the sight of Ari, one of his less favorite customers, "Ah. Let me guess. You've been injured, let that hack medic look at you and now it's infected. Or you are out of painkillers."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 12:06:07 am »
Ari smiled brightly at Rook, pushing off of the counter and turning to face him. Now that he wasn't twisted away from him, at least one answer was obvious--he was wearing a tank top and his bare shoulder was wrapped with medical tape.

"Yep, yep, maybe, and yep," he said. "Not sure about the infected bit but that's why I leave that to the experts. So you tell me, doc. It's pretty gnarly."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:09:14 am »
"Into the exam room and let's have a look at it." Rook sighed, brushing a loose strand of hair back as he headed into the other room, "Nothing can be easy with you, can it?" Motioning Ari to sit, Rook gloved up and picked up a set of medical scissors, "Off with the shirt or it gets cut."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:30:58 am »
"Man, ten seconds and you're already orderin' me to strip." Ari hopped up onto the exam table and quickly stripped his shirt off. Pffft, like he cared; he went shirtless whenever he could get away with it, anyway, the better to show off his tats and piercings. His body was a work of art and needed to be flaunted!

"Hey, whatcha talkin' 'bout? I'm plenty easy." He grinned at Rook, reaching out to stroke the man's cheek. "You're the one that's all tight-legged."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 12:36:03 am »
"I wasn't talking about your sluttish desire to spread your legs for anything with a pulse." Rook went to work, cutting away the bandages and then let out a hiss of distaste, "Did it ever occur to that tiny brain of yours that maybe you should get your wounds looked at before a raging infection sets in?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 01:13:42 am »
"Hey, there's absolutely nothin' wrong with likin' sex. I like fuckin'. You should try it sometime. Maybe then you wouldn't be so terse."

Ari winced a little when Rook cut the bandage away and glanced down at the hole in his shoulder. Ouch. Yeah. No wonder it hurt. Damned thing was red. "Hey, now. I got it looked at. We just are sorta...short on supplies. Which brings me to the other reason for my visit."

He smiled at Rook. "Any new and awesome painkillers?"

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 01:24:10 am »
"Oh, I have sex. A lot of it. Just not with you. I have standards and you are a far cry from meeting them." Rook went to work, opening up the wound to drain away the pus that had formed. He made sure to use the stuff that really stung as he cleaned it out, "I have several and you can't have any of them."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 11:18:56 am »
"Ya protest way too much," Ari said, but his laugh was cut off when doc there lanced the wound and poured pure fucking acid onto it. Okay, so it wasn't acid, but it sure as fuck felt like it.

"Ahh! Shit! What the fuck is that?!" Ari yelped, squirming and gripping the table's edge until his knuckles turned white. "Fuuuuck, ya sadist!"

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2011, 11:21:10 am »
Rook gave Ari a wide eyed, innocent look, batting his long lashes, "Oh my. Did that hurt? I am so sorry."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2011, 11:37:10 am »
"What do ya fuckin' think?! Here, lemme lance you and pour some of that shit in it!" Ari snarled, still squirming in place.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2011, 11:40:20 am »
"Awww, is da widdle baby whining?" Rook began to check the wound, his hands deft and cure, wanting to make sure none of the bullet was left behind and that the medic had done a decent job of it.

Which they really hadn't. Rook flicked his tongue against his teeth, "There's a fragment in there still. That's why it got so infected."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2011, 12:19:27 pm »
"Fuck you," Ari said, his death grip on the table loosening as the pain started to go down to a manageable level. The news Rook delivered was about as uplifting as the rest of this visit.

He sighed, still a little bitter with his wound throbbing angrily. "Joy. Well, get it out, then."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 12:23:31 pm »
"We've been over that and I don't want you, remember?" There was something...delight ful about teasing Ari. The proud little pirate that loved to strut about, writhing in pain. Adorable really.

"Before I start, you have enough credits to cover your bill?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 01:00:00 pm »
"I'm fully aware you're an expensive date. I always come prepared," Ari said, grinning through the distracting aching. "Besides, it's only a matter of time. You'll succumb. They always do."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 01:09:52 pm »
"To chloroform and roofies I imagine." Rook leaned in close, carefully extracting the sliver of bullet from Ari's wound, "This should start healing up better, but you'll want to wash it with salt water twice a day and take an antibiotic."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 01:18:47 pm »
"Pffft, no way. That's amateur talk. I like my partners awake and aware of eeeverything I'm doin' to them. I like hearing them scream--FUCK!"

Well, the sliver was out now. Grimacing, Ari was only half listening to what Rook was saying. "Ugh, yeah, about that, ya gonna prescribe me some shit or what?"

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 01:21:18 pm »
Rook dropped the sliver into a tray and changed his gloves before starting to rebandage him, "Of course. Though you can't drink while taking it and I really suggest you actually not drink. The side effects can be...unpleasant."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 01:33:53 pm »
"No alcohol? Fuck that shit. Don'tcha got anything better?" Ari asked. "For how long, anyway? Shit, next thing you're gonna be tellin' me I can't smoke."

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 01:37:52 pm »
"Oh no. Keep smoking. The more you do, the sooner the world will be rid of you." Once the bandages were on, Rook removed his gloves, tossing them into the bin, "And that's the best one for the job. Take it or leave it. Though if you leave it, you might lose the arm."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal