Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The 'Bat's artwork!  (Read 757 times)

Anonymous

The 'Bat's artwork!
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:46:25 pm »
Haha, I keep going with the bat thing. Maybe I really should have gone with the username Saibat like I do on RPG-D... Anyway! Um, here are some characters I've drawn that I'm thinking about using... I kinda have a stockpile of chararacter drawings I've never used because I tend to draw characters before playing them at all. (It's easier for me, because whenever I play a character without a pic, I get this detailed image in my head that is IMPOSSIBLE somehow to put on paper. Haha.)

I'm thinking of using this little guy as a mage, maybe? For reference because you might have noticed that both he and Rastaban have gems on their foreheads... There's this long standing game my brothers and I play together and there's a race who have magical abilities due to the gems. I'm not going to get into the whole thing, but some of the characters I drew for that game were never used or so little used that I kinda wanted to use them again. The Rastaban design has yet to be used at all and I thought he looked cool so I wanted a chance to play with him. As for this guy, he's Bijou, a character I only got to play with like two times, and I really love his design so I would love to use him here!

Another design I've never been able to use. I'm fond of bells and ribbons and sticks, can you tell? xD To me, these things are aesthetically pleasing, don't ask why. I see them moving and flowing gracefully in my mind somehow. Anyway, not sure what sort of role this guy could have. Maybe he could be a Pilot candidate, just pretend he's not wearing what he's wearing and I'll draw him in his uniform? Hahaha.

I have a pile of other pics, but these are the ones I'm thinking of possibly using.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: The 'Bat's artwork!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 12:54:24 pm »
THESE ARE SO CUTE D8  I WANT TO HUG THEM AAAAALL.

I really like how you draw folds and fabric and stuff, and hair! and the eyesaresodarncute!

And the whole detailed image in your head of what they look like before you draw them if you don't draw them first ( I hope that makes sense). I do that too XD I have characters I created years ago that I still can't draw.

Anyway, these are really good! And so cute! and I love the furr-fluffs at the boot-things on the bottom picture ^_^

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 02:40:22 pm »
Thank you! (You have no idea how uber nervous I was about posting these... I always feel like I'm putting myself into firing range whenever I show people my artwork. Bleh. I wish so bad that I could draw guys that weren't so... girly though.)

Oh it makes sense, the whole not being able to draw a detailed image of a character you didn't draw first. I haaate that! So I generally try to draw a character idea first or find a drawing in my pile that I can use before I play around with them. It's heartbreaking when you know what a character should look like but every time you go to draw them, they JUST won't come out the way you see them. Rawr!

I guess I didn't have to mention I love drawing furstuffs, too... :D

You know how when you're a kid, you generally emulate a style of drawing and eventually evolve into your own? At least, a great deal of artists I know do this. Like I knew this girl who was obsessed with Sailor Moon and CLAMP, and she drew a lot of Sailor Moon and CLAMP stuff and so her style evolved into something that was definitely her own but it mixed elements of those two styles (like very large eyes and long limbs, etc). Well, when I was a kid, I was into Gundam Wing, but I didn't draw it. Then Digimon came out and I got really into it and I was like, "HEY, that style looks so easy to draw!" So now I draw in this monster style that involves very big heads and thin limbs. xD Damnn you Digimon! I wish I'd tried to draw Gundam. Then maybe I could draw men that look like men...

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 04:25:21 pm »
All of my characters are in the 'can't draw them quite right' boat, since I've changed styles so much since I drew them all those years ago. x3 You can see the strange arty progress in my siggy pictures. tannish guy with yellow hair is what I'd like to draw more like constantly ( semi-realism and what not) and .. yeah. |: The rest are crap!

Sadly, no one here can draw men that look like men. Not really. Talyafera got pretty good at it, but they were still a little feminine (don't tell her I told you <.< ). Rhi's goodish too!... My dudes just look like chicks. |:

We can all learn together 8D

Anyway, you style is really cute. x3 the big eyes. teehee

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 02:36:29 pm »
Adorable! I like them.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 03:44:48 pm »
Thanks!

And Draconian: Still, with you guys, I can clearly tell who the male characters are. (I think) and with mine, I feel like half the time, when I show them to people, they go "Aw, I love her this" or "I love her that." And it makes me think ONE, they aren't reading the description (on DeviantART) or TWO, they read it and thought it was typo because they're that girly. xD

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 03:32:58 am »
Derp! It's a sketch of Zelph!

A picture I drew for Kurai!

I wanted Zelph to be a part of a mercenary group:
The leader was this guy:

His sister:

And there was this guy:

Some random people:

Wow! A girl!

I like taking requests for people I RP with, so if anybody has a request, I'm in a bit of a creative mood. :D

Also... If any of those mercs look cool or any of those randoms catch your eye, I wouldn't mind "adopting" them out to an interested party. I know there's loads of better artists here, but I like to help in any way I can and I do need to draw more. And I kinda just love to draw lots of random people and let other people play them. :D It brings me joy.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 07:46:29 pm »
Hey anytime you wanna try drawing one if mine go for it! I lack the artistic skill.
Also...I wanna touch the foxy tail.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 01:12:29 am »
Hey! I tried my hand at Delilah! I'm not good at coloring, I usually have Kurai do that, but hopefully this is somewhat satisfactory.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 10:30:50 am »
I might use Arlis here :D I miss him and his fluffy tail <3

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 10:49:26 am »
OMG she's adorable. I love it. I'll put it in her profile!!

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 10:20:50 am »
I use to draw.....but Im not that great at it anymore. Plus your drawings are uber cute. So if your bored or something you could draw one of mine...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal