Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: FAQ - read before asking your question!  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

FAQ - read before asking your question!
« on: January 03, 2008, 02:55:19 pm »
ROLEPLAY RELATED

Q: Can I create my own species/race/culture/religion?

A: Of course you may, and, in fact, it's even encouraged. You don't need prior approval to play a character of a race/species/religion/etc. that you've created, either; you can just join them up and play them. If you would like to submit your idea to the site so that other people may read about your creation and even perhaps play as one, feel free! Submitting your creation is not, however, required at all but if you’d like more information about how to do so, please visit the Contact section of the site.

Q: Can a single character be in more than one thread at a time?

A: Yup! Just make sure that each thread takes place at a different time so that there are no timeline conflicts or continuity issues.

Q: Can I play in a location that doesn't have a board? For example, my character is traveling through space on their personal spacecraft. Can I say that my character found a new planet and play on it?

A: Yes! There are assumed to be far more space stations, cities, and planets in existence than the locations that actually have boards for them. Don’t be afraid to have your characters come across one, and invent them as you please! Really, your imagination is your only limit here, and you have a whole universe to explore. Feel free to do so!

Q: I also play on Spirits of the Earth. Can I play my SotE characters here, too?

A: Yes! Given that RotE takes place over five thousand years from SotE, all the old characters from way back then are now long dead, many of them considered to be historical figures. However, that still doesn’t mean that you can’t import old characters here, or visa versa. Maybe some of the long-lived characters actually survived through everything, or maybe they were reincarnated or even did some crazy time travel thing. There’s even the possibility of playing the descendants of old characters. Crossovers are fun!

-----------------------------

ACTIVITY

Q: I was in a thread with someone, but they vanished. What do I do?

A: My suggestion would be to try and contact them. Send them a PM and/or an e-mail (by clicking the e-mail button) to poke them and see what's up! Or if they have MSN, AIM, or YIM listed, you could try contacting them there, too. Perhaps life got busy or they became disinterested (unfortunately, it sometimes happens, though of course it's preferable that they'd give you a heads up themselves!). If you can get a hold of them, you can discuss the situation and figure out where to go from there. However, if you can't get in touch with them, or they're going on a hiatus and you don't want to wait...feel free to move your character!

There is no reason to stay in a dead thread and have your character tied up like that. ^_~

Q: The activity seems slow lately...what's going on? Is the game dying?!

A: This game has been around since September 6th, 2007, so it's still a very new game that's still getting its feet. But don't worry! It's not going to die. I'm a dedicated admin, for one, and I intend the game to last for many years, just like my other game Spirits of the Earth, which has been running for seven years and is still going strong. So no worries! When I create a game, it's for the long run!

Similarly, activity fluctuation is perfectly natural, and it's not something unique to this RPG--all RPGs experience this. The explanation is that slumps in activity coincides directly with the school year in various parts of the world. Generally, it happens around the beginning of the school year and the end of the school year, when many people are overwhelmed with school work and adjusting. It also tends to happen around the Winter holidays when everyone is busy shopping and doing family stuff.

So don't panic! It'll pass. The best thing to do is to just wait it out, look for people who are posting a lot, and band together with them to get some plots moving. ^_~ That, and be patient.

-----------------------------

OTHER

Q: How do you change your user title (that bit of text under my username and above my icon)?

A: Just send me a PM and tell me what you want it to say! Then I'll go ahead and change it for you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Rhi-Rhi »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal