CORRESPONDENCE > Gospel Subnetwork

Revelation

(1/4) > >>

Anonymous:
I walked out of a clinic and into a nightmare.

From the day I acquired the label psychic, I was destined to provide a spectacularly rare talent to the Dragons. In exchange for both survival and luxury, I was willing to strike a careful balance of morals. Though I took no pleasure in going through the motions of a slave driver, I understood that there was no other way to keep writing. I hoped for escape, to continue my work from elsewhere, but I also recognized that I would be under the observation of a Dragon for the remainder of my life. The deepest instincts of self-preservation began to sink in, as I believe they have for most of my fellow Gospels, and I became resigned to secrecy and inaction.

In light of recent events, this resignation should have vanished.

You are to be assigned to the field for your next mission, said the Dragon today. You are descend into the city streets, find the people on this list, and retrieve the names of their associates. When this is done, execute on the spot those with the audacity to take action, to walk the wrong way, to take to heart the words of Poet and the Gospel Sylph.

I ask why. The Dragon, in unseen silence, questions my loyalty.

What can I do - but make my way down the elevators to my origins in the very gutters of Haviah, where hatred for Pilots is the strongest? I walked through the streets, directing the soldiers to hold families at gunpoint. I interrogated my fellow idealists, my readers, my allies. With an emotionless mask, I proceeded to stop their hearts. Now I ask you this, Gospels ... how can I walk past the warehouse where Macario's inoculation is stored and pretend not to recognize the truth?

--- Quote from: "Indigo" ---There has to be a way to save them, too. We have a lot of brilliant minds here among us. I am certain if anyone can figure out something, we can, because while I realize and have long accepted that being a Gospel means I may one day have to face my friends - I want to try and save them first.
--- End quote ---
I'm already facing my friends, Indigo. I want no part of it.

Ten thousand vials. Come with me, or if you prefer, stay.

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---From the day I acquired the label psychic, I was destined to provide a spectacularly rare talent to the Dragons.
--- End quote ---

YOU REALIZE THIS ONLY LEAVES YOU TO BE ONE PERSON. YOU SHOULD TREAD MORE CAREFULLY, PILOT.

--- Quote ---Ten thousand vials. Come with me, or if you prefer, stay.
--- End quote ---

YOU ARE A WEAK BEING. YOU ARE A GOSPEL TO HELP THOSE WHO ARE HERE. THOSE WHO CAN NOT HELP THEMSELVES. HELP THEM FROM THE INSIDE. NOT TO RUN AWAY. LEAVE AND BE WEAK, WE DO NOT NEED YOU.

Anonymous:

--- Quote from: "GodsAbove" ---YOU REALIZE THIS ONLY LEAVES YOU TO BE ONE PERSON. YOU SHOULD TREAD MORE CAREFULLY, PILOT.

--- End quote ---

Hardly. Psionic sensitivity is a spectacularly rare ability, which leaves ... oh, the entire Citadel. While further semantic argument of this is moot, your attempt to discern my identity is alarming. I might have a few things to look into before I go.

--- Quote ---YOU ARE A WEAK BEING. YOU ARE A GOSPEL TO HELP THOSE WHO ARE HERE. THOSE WHO CAN NOT HELP THEMSELVES. HELP THEM FROM THE INSIDE. NOT TO RUN AWAY. LEAVE AND BE WEAK, WE DO NOT NEED YOU.
--- End quote ---

I cannot stay in good conscience any longer, and to be fair I must ask you to make the same self-reflecton - what do you do to oppose the Citadel? Very little, I imagine. To make an informed prediction, I would say you grant far greater aid to the Dragons than you do to the people of the city in your current position, as any Gospel does in the languor of inactivity.

The best way I can carry on this fight is to continue the Sylph Report, without helping the Dragons in the process. I have no regrets, GodsAbove, and you do not speak for the Gospels.

Anonymous:

--- Quote ---Hardly. Psionic sensitivity is a spectacularly rare ability, which leaves ... oh, the entire Citadel.
--- End quote ---

INDEED. THEY ARE. ABILITY YES. TALENT. A SPECTACULARLY RARE TALENT IS WHAT YOU HAVE. TREAD MORE CAREFULLY.

YOU AND OTHER GOSPELS LEAVING. RUNNING AWAY FROM THE CHOICES YOU MADE, TOO, AIDS THE DRAGONS does it not? other gospels have died for what they believe in. they did not run away. i am not small like you, i can do little in the large way of things. very little can be done in a short amount of time like you and yours seem to want, dragons live for a long, long time and are far smarter than you. this is why you are a pawn.

leave. we do not need you here. we do not need a gospel who can run away after hardships. to be a pilot is to be strong. very few of you are strong, normal and gospel alike.

Anonymous:
Like, first off, wow Sylph. Way to be, like, totally stupid. I, like, wonder if you are a Pilot that, like, got sent on a mission recently. Dumbass  :heart:

And like...what do you, like, plan on doing with the vials? If, like, we make some like totally stupid move with out like, any real plan, we are all going to like, die. Because, like, we can't just take everyone on.

If, like, I have to kill other Pilots, people that I like, care about, I will. But, like, fuck you for like, trying to risk us all. Stop being like so totally obsessed with glory and stuff. Because, like, some stupid plan will just like, expose us all.

Am I like, the only one that doesn't like, think a revolution is a totally rad idea? Like, we are totally spies. Why don't we like, use that. We know who they like, are. They don't know us. Let's like, use our strengths and not like, try and pretend we can get the drugged out masses to rebel. And like, we can't take the other Pilots or like, the dragons on alone.

So like, stop being a moron Sylph. You like, live in an idealistic dream world.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version