Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Madness? this is pirate politics! (Open)  (Read 1859 times)

Anonymous

Madness? this is pirate politics! (Open)
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:47:10 pm »
The red districts were as buzzing as ever with life. That part of Space station Cancer was one of the things Flint could never get tired of. Although his rather small but noticeable frame pushed forward, sometimes against the crowd sometimes with the crowd.

Cancer never left anyone who visited it shell shocked for long due to everyone having errands to attend to before being whisked off to their next destination, part of why a pirate such as him could go around relatively unnoticed, but for those that did notice him, the half lizard man was putting on quite the show.  

Or maybe it was just Flinty being to self conscious of his unstable wobbling about. Suddenly stopping to view a store sign, exclaiming out loud to the world that he had found it before pushing against a stream of people, trying to ram past them with force, slowly but surely reaching the door.

Automatically the air hatch opened up, releasing an odd combination of flowers and alcohol into the busy streets, Flint entered, humbly removing his hat before having a look about.

The barkeeper had changed, it wasn't Lucy the redhead anymore. Thought the revelation gave as little reaction from him as if they had redecorated the place. Nothing short of patrons, after all it rented private rooms for people who desired to have slightly intimate conversations with each others.

Jumping up on a chair, claiming space by sitting brow legged. Letting the short obnoxious piece of bodily limb called a tail decide seating position. "I know I am a little early but is room 9 ready?"

Slightly disappointed that it wasn't, the four eyed pirate captain ordered a Galaxy wonders surprise. At least the menu was more or less the same, Using his hat as a pillow before resting his left arm on the wooden table. Softening the impact down to a silent clank.

Four impatient eyes and a set of clicking metal claws waiting on more captains heeding the call, potential crew who had already heard about his arrival and his drink.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Madness? this is pirate politics! (Open)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:08:32 pm »
Bright green cat eyes twitched back and forth looking around the station as the person moved. They were trying to avoid running into anyone, though that was difficult on a Station like Cancer, always packed to the walls. Everyone in a hurry...all the time. The Station that never slept. Which is just how Amelia Niolo liked it. Dark red feline ears poked up through her dark brown hair and they twitched around catching different voices different conversations as she pushed through the crowd. Her tail was tucked tight against her back.

Finally spotting the bar she pushed through the throng of people in her way. She resisted putting her claws into a few of the rude assholes trying to grab her as she went by. How irritating. She pushed through to the The Moon, a horrid name for a bar like this, no style. She wondered who had decided it. She pulled the black cloak off of her head as the hatch opened the smell hitting her hard. She shook her head to clear it out of her nose and took her cloak off the rest of the way.

She had long brown hair down to the middle of her back with red streaks in it that shone in the dim light of the bar. She was wearing lots of leather and buckles of her pants. A simple white wife beater on the top. She walked straight to the bar and grinned her canines showing.

"Lucy I'd..." Amelia's voice had a sort of twang to it a fancy sort of accent. "...You...are not Lucy." She pointed at the bar keep the corners of her mouth turning down in displeasure. "You'll have to prove yourself to me then. She always made me the best drink." Amelia sighed as she thought over what she wanted in her drink. "The pomegranate and rum please." She shook her head deciding to keep it simple. "You better have them. Lucy always made sure."

She sat down on one of the stools her cloak placed underneath her. She wore two phasors in holsters. Her tail hung down, the same color as her ears swinging back and forth like a metronome. She slid her cellphone out of the pocket and flicked it open checking a couple text communications. This meeting was supposed to give her somewhere to go. She'd been roaming since her last heist when she'd had a small tiny disagreement with her Captain which had ended with him out the airlock.

Really it had been his fault...really.

These things happened, but she'd been damn lonely since then, even if she may never really admit that she actually was. She noticed the Lizard man in the bar as she turned around facing out towards everyone else. She wondered if he was involved. She swear she'd seen his picture, or met him at some point, of course she'd met a lot of pirates. Lots of em.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 07:28:30 am »
Pomegranate and rum, an unsual order. His hadnt arrived yet, but that was a regular. The galaxy suprise would take time to make, even for a machine.

Flint grabbed hold of his curiosity steering it across the set of chairs, observing the kitten. Her smell was that of youth and the getup was a dead giveaway. Anyone afilliated with this bar was usually a pirate and in addition she had known Lucy. Well, being gone for thirty years meant he needed to go trough the motions again, most of his reputation had vanished, he hadnt even shown up to fight Adeolis.

Instead opting to traverse the outer rim planets for hidden treasures. Returning now with a fortune in cargo while other's he had come across were heading out were he had been.. It hadnt taken long to sell the stuff and his crew were most likely partying their minds out, wasting the well earned cash he had shared with them. It would do them good to feel like kings. If only for a day or two.

He liked this kitten already. Her looks and attitude appealed to him, the crew needed more youthful vigour. Most of them already above 40 years of age. A bunch of inbred cadaverous dogs in need of something definite and permanent to brigthen up their day. He was trying to figure out how to elegantly get up from the chair when a bowl of boiled Gene manipulated octopus, along with a different set of appropriate side dishes were served in front of him. The bartender demanded his immediate attention, Rather plain looking with dark curly hair and brown eyes, the only wierd thing about her was the tight butler suit, revealing a decent cleavage and muscled tighs. She didnt look the servant look either, with pierced nose and elaborate earrings.

"Here is the usual Galaxy suprise, with a little extra garlic and a glass of malt whiskey to the sides. Just the way you like it Flinty." She smiled knowingly at him, pulling out a note immediately reading it out loud.

"You filthy womanizer and swashbuckling fiend! How dare you leave me with a child and then run away, blaming the half assed bounty on your leacherus head. Dearest Lucy, PS! if we ever meet again i will slap you back to whatever dark abyss you crawled out from."

Quite obviously Commador Flint was taken by suprise. Stomped for words, opening his mouth, then closing it again. His mind clicking things into place. "When did she leave?"

"ten days ago. When she found out you were coming."  Using the fork served with the plate to scewer an octopus leg while thinking back. It had been a rather wild night filled with booze and mind numbing smokes. He had woken up besides her, after using the Larvatory to clean himself up he had gone without saying a word as he had done with countless of lovers. "And the child?" Shrugging his shoulders, wasnt the first time he would be bringing in bastard children into the crew. It had never been his own though.

"Oh, she's still here. Grown to become quite the scoundrel, no thanks to you." Cleaning another glass, eyeing the catwoman with some sort of professional gaze. "If my drinks arent good enough you are free to complain. Heres your rum. a full bottle on the house for not treating you immediately."

There was a suspicious swag in her hips as she rummaged the bar fridge, preparing the ordered Pomegranate with practiced hand's. Before long a ripe, bleeding fruit with five different jars of dip were placed in front of the newcomer.

Flint wasn't going to let the fact that he had actually fathered a child some thirty years ago disturb him too much. Instead trying to put his mind off the matter by means of simple conversation. The cat was probably as decent as any other to start one with. "Your here for room 9 business too eh? Early bird catches the first worm and all that?"

(OOC: arg my muse ran wild. sorry, This waitress is 100% bone fide human and i could remove the "Ghasp i have left a woman bearing my child" thing too.)

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 12:41:07 pm »
The cat ears on top of her head twitched backward her head turned slightly to allow her human ears to listen as well. A child? With Lucy?! Well Lucy had interesting choices in men didn't she? Amelia snickered to herself hearing the rest of the note and the conversation. Oh she loved when the drama wasn't hers to deal with.

She arched a brow at the fruit and glass then looked back up at the new bartender. She caught the bartender's gaze.

"Whatever your name is, I meant the juice. I'll eat these," She motioned to the seeds of the fruit. "But please fix the rum." She scooted the drink back towards the bartender. "What is your name anyway?" She popped a seed in her mouth and started sucking on it for a couple minutes waiting for her drink to return the way it was supposed to have been made.

Then the lizard man was suddenly next to her. She looked up at him her ears going down against her head from the surprise.

"You're a big guy, how did you sneak over here?" She shook her head at him. "My business is my own." She looked back towards the front of the bar her tail twitching a little bit faster than before.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:21:02 am »
"I was only behind the bar count because i needed to deliver the message to Flinty." She grinned a con artists smile before tossing the towel to a giant robot. Within seconds the kitten had her drink. Steam rising from the lumping robots head as multiple arms grabbed a set of shot glasses, cleaning them with fluid and expert handling. Its metallic voice. " I am Billy25. How may i serve you?"

The bottle of rum was still carried by the woman though and she pressed it into captain Flints hands. Purring gently into his ears "Why bother with kittens Captain Flint. Your left hand clearly deserves to be at the poker table." It had been ages since he had been approached like that. Perhaps the main reason he didn't bother to obey her instantly much like his younger self. He was busy trying to recruit the cat woman. "Aye lass right you are. Right indeed, 'this bad luck to intrude bout some one's secret business however. I know the cure. The woman who's business was intruded about plays a game of chance with the captain who did the intruding."  

The smell of alcohol and fruit from her drink pervading the air while the captain eyed her intently. No amount of sweet talk from the woman could make him leave, eyes ablaze with the spur of the moment king of thing. he felt young again. Raising the half mechanical left arm from the counter. Groaning with lack of oil as a set of dice were conjured up. "'This be fortunate madam, that this fool of a pirate captain, possess the amount of dice needed to play Odds and ends."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 08:45:13 am »
Amelia's eyes looked at him carefully. Maybe he was the person that she was supposed to meet. Maybe not. She listened to him speak. She wondered if he just put on the blunt pirate speak or it happened from years of flying in the black. She hoped he was authentic in the case that he had some sort of connection to what she was there waiting to do. She smirked at him one of her fans sticking into her lip.

"Well really good sir," She said looking at the dice he held out. "Why should I owe you a game of anything?" She took another drink turning to face him and crossed her legs. "I could just as well leave you with your bad luck lad." Amelia intended to be a firecracker and that she was indeed. She had every intention of probably joining him, and playing the game with him but she should probably at least give him some trouble right? Just for fun?

Of course.

A couple rich travelers were passing through one of the levels of the Cancer. They entered with a lot of announcing and people waiting for them. They only had a couple body guards though. Poor choice. The woman was wearing a long white dress, a giant purse slung over her shoulder, open to the world to see the cards and chips she and her husband had won in games, and just by being them.

Santana was pressed against a wall her body and clothes the same silver color as the rest of it. Her orange lizard eyes followed the couple as they inched passed her. She smirked to herself one side of her mouth turning up happily. She moved slowly her body changing colors to match the floor as she crept through the body guards and people. They moved slowly enough she could sneak in grab the wallet and loose pieces out of the purse and then take off.

As soon as she was a good distance away she started to head towards The Moon, one of her favorite little spots. One her Mother used to serve at. Her mother had taken off of course. Santana and Lucy didn't exactly have the best relationship. Santana slid the wallet into her back pocket and took long strides to the bar. She slid through the crowd easily. Her skin was back to its normal color a pale color, scales covered a large portion of her body. Going down her back, at her elbows the tops of her hands, coming down from behind her ears.

She had made a life for herself, one that was mostly wandering but it worked.

She arrived in The Moon and quickly slid to a side booth, her skin and clothes changing to fir the colors of the booth. Her eyes narrowed as they fell on the lizard guy. Was it? No way, it couldn't be. Lucy had been confident he would never come back. Santana bit her lip. Though Lucy didn't really know much.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:08:49 pm »
"Reason has nuthin 'ta do with it." Gleefully smirking his gentleman smile while alluringly juggling the dice with his mechanical arm. Four eyes wide and beautiful as a set of sun's, enlightening her face. Closing slightly in on hers just to make sure the point would come across. "I'd be a gentleman offering you 'nought but blessings and grace on yer way lass."

"Last time someone refused the dice i ended up with a mechanical arm but the mutt in question died an accidental death. Coulda sworn me bad luck had been slightly reversed or might even have affected both of us, 'tis be true fer sure. I be merely offer'n the means ta save yer own hide."

"Bad luck 'aint befitting your stature." His grin widened slightly, his fingers had stopped juggling dice. Urging her to reply with a yes.

The woman clinging to Flint had felt slightly ignored where she sat, stubbornly trying harder means to get the captains attention, like grinding her heart shaped breasts against his back. Whispering sweet ideas into his the left ear while carefully nibbling the edge of his left ear where a set of encrusted gold rings had been welded onto.

The ideas alone were enough to convey her message, he would be a fool and damned to the pits of hell should he refuse her.

However the younger, resisting and less willing where always more appealing for Flint. The chase and the thrill. No reward without hard work. That was his game. Dismissing her advances easily.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 05:39:19 am »
Amelia's grin slowly grew wider as he spoke. He knew how to drive a bargain.

"Seems people are always dying accidental deaths when someone else's bad luck comes a callin'." She smiled up at him. Her eyes drifted to the woman he was basically ignoring as he looked at Amelia. The dice in his hand. Amelia always loved games, especially luck based ones. She tended to have quite a bit of good luck. It was her lady. She had called one of her ladies Lucky once. She had been one of her favorites.

"Plus you know how to make a lady feel paid attention to." She nodded her head towards the other woman watching her lips. Amelia knew sign language, she'd learned it from one of her siblings who was deaf. Her whole family had. It also meant she knew how to read lips. She was amazed he was containing himself with the things coming out of that woman's mouth.

"Though, I'm sure your bar wench would rather you go spend the night with her." Amelia sneered towards the woman. It was just a downright disrespect to strong women everywhere, throwing yourself at a man...and like that? Ugh. It almost made Amelia nauseous.

"What are the stakes..." She trailed off as she put out her hand. "Your name?" She had heard the bar wench say his name, but Amelia was pretending she didn't actually exist.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 04:52:12 pm »
"Ah, You found the treasure map towards our little adventure." Sniggering if it was part of that little joke only he knew. Breathing in her scent, basking in his own glory. The woman had expected to have fun with a celebrity, an idol she had idolized even slightly. Now she found herself ignored and left shamefully to drown sorrows in a set of dark bottles filled with alcohol or whatnot.

"Unfortunately the stake's are whatever ye want 'em to be. Dice and games 'ave a way of makin 'ye loose track of the price. As long as ther's threshur in the end of our map Commodore Jonathan Flint will chase it."

Taking her hand, as the scaly lizard skin, cold to the touch met hers, the six dice where pressed firmly into her hands. "What 'bout servitude? A year perhaps? or information?" He had not dropped their intimate handshake yet, using the robot hand to scratch what looked like a tentacle mustache.

"I wager ye into a game of truth and dare, should my throw show more equal and higher numbers than yours. AGAINST?" There was a dark glee of mischief with the man who obviously was simply goading her to accept. He would begin small. perhaps opting for a double or nuthin. The luck of the roll, already imagining what his toss would be.

Now it was all a matter of what the kitten would consider against his little game of truth and dare.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 05:16:40 pm »
Her hand slid down to one of her guns as he said something about servitude. Been there with a mercenary, she wasn't going to even entertain the idea of going back, or having someone do the same for her. It was filthy it was. Nothing that meant anything. She growled her fingers stroking the gun.

"Servitude for either of us is out of the question. Sides, though dice could be tricks." He pressed the dice in her hand and she felt the weight of them. She eyes them suspiciously. Obviously not trusting the man, or the game he wanted to play. Though it was rather fun to play around

"I'll take your..." She looked up at him trying to imagine what sort of information this man...lizard...what ever, wanted from her. She sure as hell wouldn't be his bar wench. She had a feeling his stakes were higher than that though. Much higher, something interesting.

"dare, your dare." She held the dice up to her mouth for a moment clasping them between both hands. She almost seemed to be whispering to them. A secret for only the seven of them to share. She brought them down from her mouth dropping them on the table carefully easily. Her eyes lifted to look at him slowly, watching his reaction before she looked to see her roll.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2009, 03:34:19 am »
The dice increased further in weight, as if the universe itself now rested on the woman's shoulders. They hit the table with heavy thud's as if the bar had gone silent just to watch them land. Nothing started rolling particularly far, almost as if gravity itself had made them come to rest instantly.

Many eyes turned to watch, but only four of them, golden suns ready to implode into supernova's knew their meaning. "Dare 'tis."

"Four four's. Not bad lass, what little luck I've got left may not outlast this here round. So my throw will be relyin more on yer..." Huffing silently, the pirate took up his own dice again. "Miss. Fortune." It was more of a pun than anything, Fortune was his mistress, he had wedded her as soon as his feet could embrace the cold steel and rustic estetic that was his ship. Also by naming it with miss, it became misfortune and thus lead to bad luck.

But was it meant as misfortune against or for him?

His toss was with light dice and it seemed to never stop spinning around. Instead of the heavy clanking they where like feathers, spending ages in the air. They floated like overblown balloons, spinning and turning. Twisting and bouncing. Like a never ending guitar solo, once they finally stopped. The bar started buzzing again.

"You didn't tell me what your version of dare was 'bout. Got me intrigued. A curious man always lose first toss."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2009, 06:23:16 pm »
Feline eyes watched her dice roll across the bar then come to a close. The silence of the bar around them was deafening. Anytime a bar is quiet it's fucking eerie to Amelia. It seemed she hadn't rolled that hard. Probably because she just wanted to get passed the games and to the good stuff. She always tended to make that mistake. Then finally they rotated to a stop. Her eyes froze on looking at Flinty to see his reaction. He seemed somewhat pleased. When she looked down at her dice she wondered why. Her roll hadn't been bad by any means.

She watched him roll his own dice. His seemed to have a lighter feel to them. Which made her suspicious right off. Perhaps he had some trick up his sleeve, some Pirate trick. It wouldn't be the first time she'd seen something like that. She normally at least put a good scar on the person who cheated. Sometimes that was getting off easy in her book. Was just dishonorable. Lest she was the one doing it of course. Then it was survival.

"My version of a dare?" She hadn't considered to actually think of one. She arched her brow at him. "I don't have much of one really. It was going to be the first thing that sprang to mind." She smirked up at him.

____

Santana watched the two of them tossing dice and her eyes couldn't leave the man. That had to be him. Lucy had described him so...perfectly. There had been one or two pictures, not very good ones, and they were older. That had to be him though. She ground her teeth as she watched him flirting with the younger girl, much younger than him. Probably younger than Santana. She could barely believe it.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2009, 08:59:46 pm »
"AH, the heart of the cause ripped out of me tender soul already. Now 'tis only a matter of settling the score. Quits, or Dubble?" His mechanical arm pulled  the dice into the palm section by activating a magnet. "Ya see, when a pretty lass toss dice with my dice. The very heavens tremble and 'tis poor captain's bad luck gets dispelled. Ye will need ta throw again, for their magic ta work fer ya."

Dice exchanged hands again now resting back in his regular hand, skidding closer to the gal, but not family close, not lovers close.

More like a friend, a dareing kind of close balancing at the boarder between improper and proper. Yellow slits like sun's never wavered, the man hadn't blinked once since he had ever laid eyes upon her. Observing her every move. Phazers would be useless this close. Did he desire her or was it merely a move for his own protection? Was it worth throwing dice again with this no doubt-ably older yet almost childish pirate.

He smelled adventure and creaky space ships. Like a relic of old, gleefully presenting her the dice once more. "Ya kno, I alway's keep with me one of them exotic dancing doll's. Brighten's up the atmosphere and let's ya know even with the gravity field generator disrupted. When yer nearing another planets space. Her skirt lifts up, or well if yer drivin properly the hips swagger more."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 08:46:35 pm »
She eyed him wondering if she should roll again. It wasn't exactly like she had anything better to do.

"Oh I have to roll twice, how...convenient for you." She still took the dice from him though. A genuine smile on her face. She was looking for something interesting to happen. Some sort of adventure. Maybe she had found it, even if it had taken her a few nights roaming around Cancer. She noticed him scoot closer to her and lifted her eyes back to his. Amelia was adventurous, but with her sex? Giant lizard men she just wasn't sure about. It seemed like Lizards might be hard to trust.

As they say though, curiosity killed the cat.

She rolled the dice a few more times in her hand. She was going to actually roll them this time. She sat for a moment praying to Lady Luck, imploring that she would indeed be a lady and not a big slut, giving her love out to everyone but Amelia. She tossed the dice down and took a sip of her drink nonchalantly pretending not to look at the dice. However she betrayed herself slightly by looking out of the corner of her eye as they rolled.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 08:06:44 pm »
Flint always ready to explore and with a never say no attitude usually approached everything new that smelled treasure and opportunity with reckless abbadon. Everything except women. He was close enough now, bowing his head slightly downwards to get a better view, four golden slits each with it's own sun shining down on her.

Sniffing the air, letting the system detecting smell register her scent, using his experience to resist his usual urges already imagining the supernova explosion lying in the wait if he did not wait with the more intimate inspection's.

She smelled of the buzzing life of a spaceship, close confined spaces with intimate relationship's running wild with both gender's. Rumors, game's and cheap talk to pass time, next was her position on board. Not a mechanic nor a medic that was for sure leaving grunt. No too low. Gunner or navigator perhaps.

This cat played fair game, a tad to trusty in his dice though. Fixed as they where, Make yer own luck and all of that. He liked her curiosity. The ageing captain wished, no lusted to see how deeply curious the cat was.

Already he could see her shoulder motion for a throw, those delicious lumps of fat across her chest bounced slightly when the rest of the arm followed suit. Fur danced across her body, glancing and glimmering in the light from his eye's. His mechanical arm readying itself to scoop the remains up, Three sixes. Not impossible odds, He had faced worse.

Silence again as the arm stilled, not grasping the dice yet as if waiting for something.

"Do you know why they call this bar, The Moon?" Not waiting for an answer Flint leaned slightly backwards, unbuttoning his age old leather jacket with his spare right hand, giggling with a rather blank expression, remembering the first day he had arrived here lookin fer adventure. "T'was dark time's and Cancer was still in infancy, relyin on illega."

Suddenly and without warning. Coughing lightly, as if he had caught something and needing to clear his throat. Teasing the kitten. Trying to hold on and build upon the suspense.

"As i said, private trader's came from near and far, but to sustain this kind of trade and it's trader's. Cancer started setting up store's and temporary housing. A smuggler's captain and self proclaimed leader of a small time smuggler's fleet whom called himself Bone's."

His mechanical arm moved again, away from the dice, instead automatically ordering a set of shot glasses from the bartender robot Billy25.

"  'is real name was Bartholomew Thatcher Heathrow often referred to in history book's as the first among'st us to pick up the name gentleman pirate. Swooning ladie's and earnin a considerable load of solid cash fer himself and iz men."

Taking one of the shot's, the only glass amongst 13 other's that contained a black, shapeless fluid.
Steam rising from it seemed to suck everything into it's grasp like a black hole.

His large and lanky finger's wrapping themselves around the small shot glass before methodically offering it to the kitten. She would not know what the drink contained or what it's name was.

It's use had been banned from Cancer because of the drinks nature, concocted by a madman of a pirate yet brilliant and alluring. Flint's idol captain Bone's had before his death concocted a drink. Made out of 250% pure alcohol and at least 10 different synthetic hallucinogens enough to knock out weak willed people with a single sip. " This is The Moon, Captain Bone's everlasting treasure and legacy, and now i believe 'tis time ta share with me yer name before we cheer over our."  

Flint stopped there, having said his last word's with as much passion as possible, you could almost get caught up in his story, as he waved it with body language and something with this man.

An aura perhaps even a remnant. Was his ancestor Bones or did the ghost of Bones still haunt his own bar? Finally finishing his sentence. "pirate legacy."

Spoken softly and with desire. Much like a fool in love for the first time.

(OOC: after two hours of writing i decided to wrap things up and end it here. Didn't know if i could take these many liberties but feel free to correct anything.)

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 01:06:35 pm »
Feline eyes watched him closely. He just represented pirate through and through. She knew she was a younger version. One of these new kids on the Cancer, though she'd earned her spot several times over to be here and end up on good crews. She had fought to be what she was when nothing else worked for her. She was pure Cancer through and through when she got old she'd probably be like this guy. Crazy and in The Moon telling stories to any youngin' that would listen.

He was intimidating though, in a certain way. She wasn't sure what he would do. Couldn't be positive she was safe. Though really when could she? Then he picked up the dice and started telling a story. The story of the bar. She still didn't think the name was very good. Not at all. It didn't sound very piratey. The way he started to talk about it though, it seemed like it had a history.

She was leaning in as he spoke then he started coughing. She rolled her eyes as he did so seeing the expression on his face. She backed away slightly. Oh pirate story tellers, always so damn dramatic. Amelia could pretend she hated it, but it would never be true. She had heard of Bartholomew before. Here and there. A chunk of the younger generations didn't care much about the pirate history.

Then he called over some shots. Her eyes widened as she looked at them. She'd never seen them before. She tilted her head at them, she was in The Moon all the time...never had she seen a drink that looked like that. She almost wanted to ask him what it was. Amelia wasn't one to show her nervousness though. She was one to take the dare and go. She watched him take the shot, her eyes narrow. She took the other from his hand.

"The name's Amelia." She gave a sweet smile to him, then looked down at her drink. It smelled odd. You probably weren't supposed to smell it, or really taste it. Amelia liked drinking, she was pretty good at it too. Not much of a lightweight. Something told her though this little shot was a different sort of story.

Her hand held the glass loosely. Her fingertips holding onto it. She eyed it a little bit longer before taking a breath and then tossing it back. It tasted sort of like black licorice and...something else she couldn't quite place. She licked her lips, then the odd feeling started.

___

Santana moved closer, still blended in with the bar as he started to tell his story. It was one Lucy used to tell her all the time, back when they gave two fucks about each other. She gripped the edge of her seat wanting to spring forward and rip him apart, or spring forward and tell him who she was...and have her father. The latter was what she thought was her weak side. A side too connected to childhood dreams.

Oh how Lucy had gone on about Heathrow. Probably wanted to screw him. Santana felt a disgust. She refocused back on the bar instead of the dusty past. Oh shit.

That drink.

She felt like she should warn...Amelia, yeah she'd just given her name. That was nothing but troubler especially with a man like him staring at you like he was. She rose off of her seat and the drink was already downed.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2009, 03:32:21 am »
Flint, downing his drink moments after the kitten, feeling younger than he had before entering the bar. "Zehahaha, Amelia then." Wiping his mouth with the elongated black sleeves of his black coat. Now they both waited expectantly, one of them experienced and awaiting the other blissfully ignorant and venturing into the unknown.

It came in slow paces at first, small jolts of electric pleasure that traversed across the back. before growing in both speed and strength. Pretty soon the captain and his mechanical arm fell of their chair. The arm going trough every setting, the captain crawling around on the metallic floor and laughing out loud.

Then it stopped, panting and slightly trembling. Perhaps even feeling death and the weight of his age. No no, he was still much to young for this kind of thinking. Denial and ignorance, powerful allies in these situations

Rising up as Commodore Flint, grinning with expectation before eyeing his girl. Perhaps that was a fairly arrogant presumption but he had every intention to claim her. If she refused then that was his loss. Just like most treasure round the universe was already looted, Flinty knew how to deal with disappointment.

"Aye lass, took meself 4 year's ta find his hidin place. The key. T'was in his drink. All i had ta go with were a couple of them pirate rhymes and my intuiton."

The roof had apparently vanished, in its place and all around them a sickening darkness had entered, portraying Cancer from the outside as if they where floating round in space. Twinkling in the distance as everything closed in on them. It was a magnificent nebula of green, blue and yellow

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 07:44:02 pm »
Amelia was completely distracted from Flint. She didn't hear him talking, or laughing. All she could here was an odd musical sound in her ears. Her fingers started to tingle first, when she lifted them to look they seemed to create a trail behind them. Her eyebrows arched realizing that this was odd but not sure how to react. Small lines of electricity seemed to arch across them. She shivered at the good feeling they left behind them. She watched as the electricity started to move between colors and crawl up her legs and arms. It slowly sunk into her body.

She looked up at Flint after he had finished speaking and she could have sworn she smelled...water? She shook her head this was just getting odd.

"Th-that's not a normal drink." Just as she spoke she felt a large wave of warmth spread up from her belly. She sighed feeling calm. She closed her eyes for a moment. The lids of them were filled with colors, flashing images. She couldn't place where she was. Amelia tried to open her eyes and the lids felt heavy, she felt her breath quicken, or at least thought it did. She was starting to feel claustrophobic. then she pushed hard her eyes flying open. The room spun for a moment then corrected itself.

Though Flint looked a different color than she remembered him being, more of a purple.

"W-what was in that?" She looked at the glass and it seemed to be full again of a rainbow colored liquid.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 08:35:34 pm »
It was official. Bathrooms in taverns were a godsend no matter where you were. No matter what planet or station you were on, there was always one of those porcelain-filled shelters from the storm to do your business in, whether it be good or bad. For John, It was quite bad. He had now learned that alcohol also followed a similar rule: no matter where he was, or how diluted it was, the essence that made up the drinks of gods and men really messed him up.

He had come into the tavern about an hour ago, deciding that It would be a good idea to let loose and spend some time relaxing at a tavern. He was going to be stuck on this station for quite a while, due to his current job (a bouncer of sorts), so the young man figured it would be a good idea to try new things.

And boy did that come back and bite him in the ass.

John Valmont had spent the last hour in the bathroom, hugging porcelain in the hopes that his agonizing punishment for trying alcohol again would soon end. Fortunately, It did, and after a few minutes of cleaning himself up, he made his way out of the bathroom and back to the bar.

Stepping in, with slow, methodical and quiet steps, he started getting looks from some of the patrons. some people even started whispering. Most likely, it was his unusual hair color and style of dress. both of which almost screamed out that he was a delinquent of some kind. It could also have been the fact that he was carrying a rather sizable weapon on him in the form of an unusual, unique looking sword that was strapped to the back of his belt rather firmly.

Or they could have been looking at him because he was white as a ghost, and looked like he was some kind of punk lightweight drinker (which, in reality, he was).

Whatever the reason, he seemed to get attention, and while some of it was good , (some nice glances from a few ladies in the room) most of it was not. Some of the less-nice looking people in the room were shooting him nasty looks.

John would not justify them with a response. He had no need to, as he knew that he could more then likely take on at least 75% of the people in the bar with relative ease. Yes, his attitude was rather arrogant, but he had the power and the will to back it up (to his knowledge).

But Valmont was not here tonight to fight...no, he wanted to relax, maybe talk to some nice women (or do more). He had spent too much time fighting in the past few months, and the idea of even a small bar-fight was a bit nerve wracking. yes, he had his own, pill-related way of dealing with his nerves and emotions, but he was already low, and he found that getting nullstate on this station was harder and more expensive then he thought.

After staring down any weaker-willed patrons that had a problem with him, using his unusual eyes and their cold stare as a deterrent, he quietly made his way to the bar. sitting down at one of the stools, he kept his back to the bar, and simply watched the other patrons for now. If someone really had that much of a problem with him, he was ready to fight. In particular, he was keeping his eyes on two rather inebriated-looking individuals, expecting that they might do something out of the ordinary, but well aware that it probably would not warrant a response from him.

But he was not quite aware that he just might be in for something a little more unusual tonight...

((OOC: Sorry if it's a hard introductory post to work with, but I just kind of wanted to get myself established. You can interact with me, or I can try and work my way in. whatever works is fine by me! also, if you need me to change anything, let me know.))

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 07:36:58 am »
Swaggering back up on his chair, alcoholic states finally intruding onto his senses, dulling the mind of a veteran drinker was tough work for any a legal drink but The Moon had been downed at once and that kind of booze made its way into the brain pretty fast.

Bathed in the green light of the nebula, he had seen it up close so many times before and knew the after effects of this drink like the insides of his hand. Hesitant at first yet seeing her vivid brain go trough the first Moon drink of her life. Oh he knew how he had felt after drinking the first one, his mind following the interstellar road of memory lane.

Back to a younger captain Flint, though age had nothing to do with it. After the first 25 years of his life he had already evolved his personality and bodily traits thus it was just a matter of time before he died. Death held little meaning as long as the legacy continued. Legacy yes, the reason he was here.

Jumping down on the floor from his chair with relative ease, his gaze still fixed onto the kitten, now bathed in purple light. With his mechanical arm on the bar counter steadily approaching with focus and resolve. Nonchalantly now just a few inches away from the adventurous lass.

Her eyes opened inquiring what she had seen. "'What that was? Didn't I tell you? Yer lookin at 'is pirate history. The shot is laced in computer code and it infects the brain with a short visit to a nebula we pirates call Untold treasure. while at the same time making the drinker drunk."

Smiling again, like the captain often did. If she had not opened her eyes he would probably have done something silly. But indeed she had, preventing him from being hasty in his approach. "It is marvellous isn't it?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal