Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Meetings (Mach? + Open!)  (Read 806 times)

Anonymous

Meetings (Mach? + Open!)
« on: June 09, 2009, 06:37:19 pm »
"This is where you get off."

The man looked up to the captain standing in front of where he was sitting. He gave the captain a blank look and the captain made an exasperated noise.

"We're in Libra now. It's as far as I said I was going to take you, remember?" The man nodded and got up to follow the speaker. "Still don't remember anything, do ya?" The man shook his head. "Shame that." The captain turned and lead the man out of the ship to the dock.

It had been a few days since the capsule had been found by the captain and his crew. Curious as to what this floating pod may hold, the captain had ordered it aboard. After inspecting the pod, the captain could barely make out through the frost-obscured window that there was a person inside. The captain immediately ordered that the capsule be opened, safely of course, to get the person out. Thanks to a handy 'open' button, the pod did all of the necessary procedures on its own and the person inside was able to be taken out.

That is not to say he woke up right away. It was a good half-dozen hours before the sleeper woke up and the captain found out that the man could not remember a thing, not even his name. Finding that the man was virtually useless to him, the captain had set a course to the nearest inhabited place. Which is how the man got to Libra.

As he descended the ramp to the station itself, the hustle and bustle of the space station threaten to overwhelm him before he was able to cope. After standing like an idiot for a couple seconds, the man was pulled out of the way of the ramp by the captain so the crew could get off and go do whatever at dock.

"Look, I feel sorry for you, I really do." The captain told the man. "But there isn't a place for you on my ship." The man nodded his acceptance. "I wish there was something more I could do for you." The captain hesitated for a second before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a little bit of money. "Here, take this." The man blinked at the money then smiled his thanks before turning and vanishing into the station.

The man made his way through the crowd unhurriedly, taking in the sights and sounds of Libra. It did not matter where he was going at the moment because he did not have anywhere to go.

The man did not stand really stand out in the crowd, though he was a good head taller than a lot of people. His eyes were a penetrating purple and his short hair was as white as snow but people did not even give him a second glance, if they even gave him a first one. His clothes were slightly loose about him and were gray and black, mostly. The clothes had been provided by the captain of the ship he had just left. The captain had said that, if the man was walking around Libra with the clothes he had been found in, he might attract unwanted attention. He had a slight muscular build to him that spoke of lean muscles rather than bulky ones which the man supposed he should thank the capsule for. The captain had mentioned how good the cryogenics were in the thing but the man did not understand.

The man looked at the money he had been given. He was not sure how much it would amount to in local currency and there was only one way to find out. Turning into a building, which looked a lot like a bar, he made his way to the counter.
"What kin I get fer ya, mack?" The bartender asked. The man looked at the money he had, obviously not knowing what he would be able to afford. "Looks like you got about thirty credits on ya. It's not much and I wouldn't recommend spending it on booze unless ya can get find more."
The man nodded.
"Talking's free though." The bartender prompted. "So where ya from?"
The man shrugged.
"Heh. Not much of a talker are ya?"
"Just not in the mood I guess." The man said, his voice hoarse from not being used in a long time.
"So ya can speak! Hold on." The bartender walked off for a bit to serve another customer. "So what brought you to Libra?" The man shrugged. He did not like not being able to answer the man's questions and the bartender picked up on it. "Well, if you feel like talking, just signal me back over." The man nodded and the bartender walked off to see if any patrons needed drinks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Meetings (Mach? + Open!)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 11:24:09 pm »
Hiding something? Tau was searching for somebody-- little side deal he picked up a few weeks ago...but the problem? Information was minimal. Just how the hell was he supposed to find the target? He had a name, but going around asking about it would just make the trail run cold; the guy get a heads-up that someone was looking for him.

Could work in his favor, maybe, but he didn't exactly seem harmless...even if scars and signs of being in a decent number of fights were concealed under a jacket and a shirt, it wouldn't take much imagination to figure he was up to no good.

Of course, a good number of people here seemed suspicious. This one, however-- he was a new face, the others were borderline regulars. Right now, that was the best lead he had, and perhaps he would be lucky?

"New here?" He glanced over as he lifted the drink he had just been given, not quite taking a drink just yet. Hm, odd voice...trying to mask it? Didn't speak much either, suspicious indeed.

"Ey, get 'em one, too." His head tilted towards the bartender, to get his attention. A hand raised to be scanned, and the transaction was done; the drink on the counter. Might as well start off friendly, yeah?

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:53:59 pm »
He looked up at the unfamiliar voice spoke.

"Huh? New? Yes." Damn his voice. It was still very hoarse. "Thank you for the drink." He took a swig. Maybe that would help clear his voice. He eyed his new found companion sideways. He may not know how things were around here but a natural suspicion told him that his drinking partner was not just being nice.

"So, what brings you here?" His voice was sounded a little better, didn't sound quite right though. What he really needed was a way to get some money and for that, he would eventually need a name and, barring a sudden return of memory, he would probably need to think one up himself. He wasn't looking forward to that.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 05:22:09 pm »
"Of course," He shrugged, not really thinking much of it. There was a bit of thought before he spoke again. "Me? Business. And you? Odd place to be, for someone who sounds rather...not well."

He stared ahead as he spoke, casually sipping at his own drink, before turning his head enough to glance over.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 03:05:05 pm »
Business. An easy way to avoid the question. This man could be here for any number of things but, taking in his build, that 'business' probably wasn't too innocent. Why was he so suspicious of the stranger anyway? The stranger had provided the drink that the snow-haired man was now sipping on.

"Me? I'm not sure why I'm here." He took another sip of his drink. His voice still didn't feel quite right. He'd be damned if he knew what it should sound like though. "I don't know where I'm heading either." That sounded...what was the word? Something floated up to his consciousness. Yes, depressing. It sounded depressing to him but it was the truth.

"I guess what I really need right now is a way to make money." It definitely made sense. Judging from how the bartender had responded, he wasn't going to be able to live without - credits was it? Perhaps he would be able to go along with this stranger. The snow-haired man didn't exactly know what his unofficial companion's job was yet but hey, he was in desperate need of money.

"So what's this...business you spoke of?" He took another sip of his drink.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:26:52 pm »
"Hm," He quietly replied with as he studied his drink in thought. Could've come up with better lies...was he even trying? Hell, maybe he was being honest.

"Money, huh? All got that problem." Not that he actually cared about money, his concerns were on something more...living. Hm, perhaps..?

"Mn?" There went his train of thought for the most part, though that did make him think more on the little idea he had. "Well..there's someone I need to find." This was a bit risky, but the trail was running cold as is. Things couldn't get worse, yeah? He set the drink down, looking over.

"Want a job, then?"

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 10:37:51 pm »
A job. A way to make money. He knew that he would need money if he were to survive. That or he would have to steal any food that he would need but he didn't want to do that. He could help this man find whoever he was looking for. It seemed like an easy way to make money.  "Yes, I would like a job. What is it that I need to do?"

The snow-haired man wasn't sure how long he would be able to survive on the small amount of money he seemed to have. Maybe he would be able to borrow some money from the other man against the payment that he expected to get when the job was done. That made him realize something. He didn't know the name of the man that he might be working with. "By the way, I don't think you told me your name."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:44:32 pm »
There was hesitation, unsure about continuing. His eyes narrowed before he spoke again. "Able to handle a weapon?"

He left it at that, there was little point in continuing this conversation if he didn't turn out to be rather useful...and with the only plan he was left with, knowing how to fire a gun ranked pretty high on the list.

"..Mn? Name?" He slowly smiled, "My answer to that depends on your answer."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 07:41:34 pm »
Handle a weapon? He wasn't quite sure. One of the things the snow-haired man really hated about the state he was in was that he felt that he should know a great deal of things that were floating just beyond his reach. It was as if he could take hold of what was missing from him and be whole again, if only he would strain a little. Alas, whenever he tried that, his memories would slip away leaving him with nothing but a headache. But he had a question to answer. "Yeah. I think I should be able to handle a weapon."

The question about his name left him at a loss for words. Everybody had a name, that was just fact. It made it easier to identify a person and gave people an identity to work at and make into almost whatever they wanted. A person without a name was somebody who had nothing to work with, who had nothing to present to the world saying 'Look at this! I did this!' and, who was doomed to nothing. The snow-haired man just wished he could remember the one he was given. He stared blankly at the last of his drink, not knowing how to answer the question.

There was always the option of making up a name, a label that he could be identified by, but it felt unnecessary, unclean, unneeded. "I...I wish I knew the answer to that question myself." He downed the rest of his drink. "I don't have an honest answer for you right now so...call me Garth." It would do as well as any other.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 09:25:46 pm »
"Think," He repeated that part of the response, putting emphasis on the word. Annoyed emphasis. "You might want to think on that answer, if you don't know how the aim the thing, you won't get a second try later." What did he have to lose at this point? Was sounding dangerous, sure, but he would have to make that clear at some point.

"Mn, Garth. Very well." How odd. How. Very. Odd. "Tau," He finished the last of his drink with a grunt. Perhaps he should've added a 'nice to meet you,' but..he didn't.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal