Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The new system (Mia)  (Read 782 times)

Anonymous

The new system (Mia)
« on: June 07, 2009, 01:13:12 am »
He needed to stock up on fuel so that he wouldn't be in space whit no fuel and the closest place from where he was was Canser. He took one of the secondary ships to dock at Canser, when he left he had whit him a suitcase with money, an empty book and a pencil. Close to where he docked he found a fuel store of some sort, he put the suitcase on a table and opened it to show the shop owner "I would like to buy fuel for this much" and also told him how much there was and told them to bring the fuel to the ship, he also said exactly where the ship was. After the deal was finniched he found a bench to sit on he put the empty suitcase on his knee, then the empth book on it and started to write out ideas for a program that would protect the computer from virus and hackers. Since it is Fang we are talking about he wanted it to be perfect...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: The new system (Mia)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 06:57:35 am »
Zaki did not know for the life of him (metaphorically speaking), why he was back at the Cancer. He hated this place more than computers liked being smashed with a sledgehammer. In fact he would rather be smashed with a sledgehammer then stay here any longer.

He had only come in the first place because he thought he might be able to get onto a ship whose crew didn’t care what he looked like. Not that he was ugly; he just looked very…strange. His body was covered in moulded silver and metallic blue plating, hiding the scarred and crippled body within. His face was like that of a girl, his right eye was clearly robotic and instead of hair, several multi-coloured wires stuck out from his head. It was obvious to see he wasn’t human, not anymore.

That was precisely why he was covered from head to foot in his usual brown coat so earthy compared to his rather cyber-like colours, he wasn’t really drawing attention though, the Cancer was known for its disproportionate share of oddballs. In fact if you weren’t a little strange or eccentric, that was more likely to get you noticed. Which was precisely why Zaki noticed the black-haired man, he didn’t seem insane enough to be there. Then when he went to the fuel station and just put a suitcase on the counter; that was very unusual. Either he was the type who was too naïve to haggle or he had so little he was willing to take what he could get. That was unlikely if he had a suitcase of money though, more likely he was one of those rich people who didn’t care what things cost, to them money was no object.

However, said rich people were very likely to have their own ship and maybe an entire crew. This would certainly be in his favour, even if he already had a full crew, Zaki was quite an asset. Few had his useful abilities.

So he followed ‘Mr Suitcase’ until he stopped at a bench and began writing in a little book. Even from the distance away Zaki was to him, thanks to his right eye he could see exactly what the man was writing. It was some kind of computer program, an anti-virus program doubling as an anti-hacker one as well. Interesting. Still the guy was getting it all wrong. The easier solution was just to tell the computer who to let in and who not to, no fancy codes needed. Computers were smarter than people gave them credit for; he should know, he was one.

Zaki approached the man and glanced down at him, “That’s a very archaic anti-virus measure,” he said helpfully.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 03:21:58 pm »
"It may be outdated but i want to be 100% sure no one will get in unless they are a member of my crew" he said as he heard the other one "I am Wu Fang" he said, he figured he could introduce himself.

The fist line of defence was already writen, it was stronger than other anti hacking program but since he wanted to be sure no one who is not a crew member will get in he was thinking on a way to send virus to the hackers computers, though that had to wait untill he was done with his anti virus program.

"So who are you?" he asked the person in the brown coat when he had gone throug the first part of the code to dee if he had made any error.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 09:47:33 am »
Zaki highly doubted the code the man had written was ‘100%’, human error made perfection impossible, the man seemed pretty sure it was though, tch arrogance.

When asked who he was, Zaki answered, “My name is Zaki Chike and I’m what you might call…a Machine Translator. I can connect to any machine or computer and give it instructions, find errors, ask it perform various tasks, that sort of thing. I can even make machines do things they wouldn’t normally be able to.”

He said this offhandedly, he didn’t want to brag after all. Not that he would, he’d probably trade his special skills for still being human. But since he wasn’t, he may as well make the best of things.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 03:50:45 pm »
"Like other anti hacking program hackers could possible hack this that is why i want there to be a second line of defence a virus would be sent to hackers, whos computers would be disabled and out of function." he said as he started to like the communication with Zaki, he continued "But before that i have to make a anti virus program that contain virus in a way that they cant make any damage".

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 08:27:45 am »
Zaki sat down on the bench, “I could just ask your computer to only let crew members in, tell it block anyone trying to enter via a remote server. Of course then you’d need a decent portable server in case you wanted to access the computer whilst off ship.”

As for the anti-virus measure, “You could just have a virus as plain text which only converts into an executable virus when uploaded to whoever you’re trying to target with it.”

Zaki thought having a virus to just disable a hacker’s computer was a bit mild really though, the best viruses caused the system to crash and explode. Those viruses were fun…Unless of course you were on the receiving end of it…then probably not so good. Especially if said system was your brain.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 06:48:59 pm »
"I can come to the same result by altering the original code but hackers could hack through that and enter the computer, that is why i want to give the computer a program to prevent that" he said.

He closed his book and put the empty suitcase on the ground then looking at Zaki, after all it was rude of him not looking at the person he was talking to "A portable server aint neccecary since i dont plan on leaving the ship, once i got on it again but if i have to i will make a few modification on another program i am doing"

"That is a good idea thoug the anti-virus part of the program will do more than containing virus, i want to code it in a way so it will be scanning for virus by itself as often as possible whitout making the computer neglect its other rutines" he said and continued "I am good at inventing and coding stuff but i have never dealt with viruses as a weapon against hackers before would you know of a virus to disable the hackers computer in an explosive manner" Fang had this idea for some time now but he wasn't sure if there was such a virus since he had never been exposed for one before.

"One more thing though, if you arent busy on other ways would you want to join Saoirse (pronounced Sor-sha), you are pretty good with computers and i am guessing machinesa swell"

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 10:28:57 am »
“I could very easily create an explosive virus,” Zaki said.

It was quite difficult to explain how it would be done however, so he would leave it that.

“Both computers and machines are my speciality,” Zaki continued, “I would be glad to join you ship.”

When Wu suggested it a little ‘Yay’ sounded in Zaki’s mind. He couldn’t wait to get out of the hell-hole that was the Cancer. He hadn’t pulled down his hood, so Wu probably hadn’t noticed his rather unusual appearance, well he’d just cross that bridge when he came to it. He didn’t seem like the kind of man to be bothered by appearances.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 08:15:41 pm »
When they got closer to the ship he said "This is one of the ten Phoenix class we have on the main ship, the main ship is a Pod Class Carrier and we also have eleven Smart AI Computers, one for every ship" when he thought about it he sounded like he would go to war. "Don't worry i am not about to start a war" he said. Zaki didn't look like a regular person but Fang didn't care for how other looked like unless it was about a beautiful girl, he wouldn't call Zaki normal but that wasn't because of his appearence but because Zaki was a member of the ship and Fang would define those who where not a member of his ship as normal and he didn't need to be bothered by normal people.

[OOC: this post is awful, well atleast the part where i explain things]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal