Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Settling In  (Read 1865 times)

Anonymous

Re: Settling In
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2011, 06:56:21 pm »
Erin watched the blood return, both fascinated and a little alarmed. He had just gotten used to the idea of having it out of him in that manner. The boy turned to Nika, brow creased in mild worry at how the other was breathing. He reached out just as tentatively as he had toward the blood - hand not quiet touching Nika's shoulder, but very close.

"Are you unwell?" Worry for his roommates health and not a clue to the struggle the other had just had with himself. "I did not harm you did I?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2011, 07:07:27 pm »
"Hmm? No. I am fine." Nika shied away from the contact, not wanting the other to touch him. He disliked casual contact he didn't initiate. There were a few people he was alright with, but Erin wasn't one of them.

"Do you get it now? How beautiful it is."

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 07:18:13 pm »
Erin pulled his hand back and nodded - just once, "I am not sure beautiful is the word I would use. But rather... it is hard to describe. I apologize for not having the words."

His head fell. How did he explain what it was he'd felt when he'd touched his blood like that? He'd never been given the opportunity before. The scientists certainly hadn't let him handle any samples they'd pulled.

Erin lifted his head and offered a smile, "And you were correct: it was not painful. Simply unsettling the first time. I am certain when you do so ag-" he paused to correct himself, since he could not assume Nika would attempt the act in the future just because he'd done it once with permission. "should you do so again I will be better prepared for the experience now that I have taken part in it once."

He actually hoped Nika would do it again. Extraction of blood without a needle was a novelty Erin wanted to take advantage of. He wanted to see what he could do with his blood when separate from his body. If he could really use it the way he had felt he could in those few moments.

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 10:48:02 am »
"It's alright. I lack the words as well." Nika lowered his head back to his book, taking deep breathes, remembering the new rules. Soon his heart slowed and he regained some of his slipping control. He didn't need to play with Erin's blood again. He could go find Rachel if it got too bad, but Nika felt confident.

"I like your blood. There is a interesting feel to it."

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 04:12:01 pm »
"Is there?" he replied in a skeptical manner. He had never thought anything about himself was or could be interesting. It was one of the reasons he knew he would have to try so hard to make it through the training. He had certainly found the feel to be interesting, but that could easily be attributed to having never touched any blood before. He'd seen plenty, but he had never touched any. Not that he could remember, at least.

"Does all blood feel like that?"

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2011, 12:24:39 pm »
"No. All blood is different." Nika really felt that was obvious, but people seemed to have such a hard time understanding it. Shifting his weight, Nika was feeling much calmer. He was in control and things were good.

"What is it you can do? What is your ability?"

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 07:05:22 pm »
Erin held up the datapad, "I talk to machines... anything electronic like computers... They said I am to be referred to as a... Technopath? Yes, that is the word. I speak to them, and am able to power them."

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2011, 10:31:19 pm »
"Really? That must be useful in a world full of machines." Nika really didn't care much, but he figured it was polite to act like he did. Erin was...boring. He just sort of sat there and spoke softly. Nothing there drew Nika's attention. At least he wouldn't have to worry about his roommate getting in the way.

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:03 am »
Erin shrugged, standing up and taking his seat in his free hand to pull it back to his desk, "Yes. I suppose you must be right."

That's why the scientists had done that to him, after all. To power the machines. To make him more useful... Worth something.

The boy turned back to his roommate after setting the chair back in exactly the right spot, datapad still in hand. Erin offered a smile. He felt... pleasure, happiness at having Nika as a roommate. The other candidate had not been mean, or overly rude or cruel. He had treated Erin like Erin was actually worth something. It was comforting when had known so little in the way of comfort.

"Thank you, Pilot Candidate Nika Argan. I hope I did not take up too much of your study time."

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2011, 02:20:17 am »
"Only a little." Nika turned back to his work, finding where he had left off. It hadn't been unpleasant, and the blood had been beautiful. He didn't like talking to Erin though, it was hard to know what to say. Nika relied on the other person to carry the conversation.

Maybe he would ask Rachel about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal