Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Settling In  (Read 1862 times)

Anonymous

Re: Settling In
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 06:33:16 pm »
The faint smile that had been lingering around Erin's lips disappeared with the last question and his head lowered a fraction, eyes moving to the pad rather than remain on Nika.

"I suppose it does not matter. I simply thought it might be" Nice? "advantageous to have someone you know in a class that you can ally yourself with easily."

He moved the subject back to classes with a different question, "Have m- the people of Edanith changed much in the last few hundred years? I have not had a chance to study the history and culture more in depth since coming to the city." Did he have ancestors? People that shared his parent's name that grew and prospered? Or were they all dead now? Which would he prefer?

Erin remembered little of what he'd been taught before he'd been sold off, but he knew the culture well enough still. It was a part of him and ingrained early, long before the scientists had bought him. He'd know more - and be dead from a regular life - had he not been such a disappointment to his parents.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 12:55:59 pm »
"Oh. Hmmm. Yes. That makes sense. I find it easier when I have Rachel there." The question about Edanith had Nika frowning thoughtfully. That was an odd thing to say. He studied the other boy again, curious, "Why do you ask?"

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 01:07:03 pm »
"Curiosity," Erin replied simply. Which wasn't a lie. It wasn't entirely the truth, but it was the majority of his reason.

A slight shrug of his shoulder followed and he pulled his hands closer to himself, settling the pad on his lap - still keeping a couple fingers on it as he silently asked it to store the current map and route and calculated time and distance.

"Who is Rachel? If I am allowed to know."

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:06 pm »
"Rachel is my friend." Nika smiled slightly, oddly pleased he could say that. Rachel knew who he was, what he was. And still liked him. That made her precious to Nika, "She has pretty blood. You'll meet her. She shares classes with us."

Nika carefully mulled over what the boy has said earlier. He was starting to think he had misunderstood what he had been saying. Nika was unused to reading between the lines, let alone very carefully spoken, straight froward lines.

"We can sit together in class. I'm supposed to be more social."

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2011, 04:33:03 am »
Could we really? Erin shook his head just once back and forth in a slow, hesitant motion, "It is fine if we do not. I do not want to be an inconvenience to you."

She has pretty blood? What did that mean? Something to ask about later - it sounded important for some reason. Erin made a mental note to himself and the datapad responded by pulling up a notepad program and writing out 'Remember to ask what Pilot Candidate Nika Argan is referring to in regards to his friend Rachel having 'pretty blood'.'

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 06:11:33 pm »
(O__O I could swear I replied to this. I don't know what happened)

"It's up to you." Nika shrugged, "It wont matter to me either way."

Glancing down, Nika's attention was caught by the writing across the screen, "It's beautiful. What are you confused about? Have you never seen blood?"

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2011, 12:01:46 am »
Erin's attention and sight was pulled down to the datapad as he followed Nika's gaze. The pad responded by reading back the note that was just written. The candidate had the pad erase the note and shook his head, his eyes going back to his roommate and hovering at about the level of his clavicle. His voice when he next spoke was devoid of emotion, making his response sound far more detached from the subject than he actually was.

"Yes. I have seen quite a lot of blood. I fail to see the beauty in seeing it. It is meant to be inside us, bringing life and keeping our bodies healthy. To see it, outside of perhaps being drawn for simple testing, means that life is being drained and that injuries have occurred. I do not find such a sight to be beautiful."

His head tilted in thought and then he continued, "Why do you believe the sight of blood to be beautiful?"

Perhaps Nika liked to see it for another reason than injuring and hurting another - perhaps he had an interest in genetics or curing diseases that required blood to be taken and tested. Then blood could possibly be seen as 'beautiful'.

(((no worries)))

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2011, 12:46:40 am »
"It doesn't hurt when I take it out." Nika frowned, not sure how to describe it, "It is pure, perfect. It is what we should be." He wasn't very good at expressing things like this. It was so simple, so obvious to him that he didn't know how to put words to it.

And what did he care if someone was injured. It didn't mean anything to him but the fact that got to see their blood.

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2011, 04:48:46 am »
"Not all blood is pure," Erin countered, thinking of various diseases that reduced the white blood cell count and disrupted the genetics - things the scientists had complained about with samples. He didn't know if it was his blood or the blood of some of the others. He just remembered hearing it.

He bit slightly at his bottom lip, more just scrapping his teeth over it as he considered the pros and cons of arguing the 'perfection' comment. That was something very much in the eye of the beholder - and he wasn't actually sure how he felt about people striving to be 'perfect' themselves. Perfection of a living being was such an abstract thing, much harder to define what made someone perfect than, say, a mineral or a liquid. For those you had the chemical make up and 'perfect' shape or form for them to be expressed in. Something easily defined.

People were so much more different - with vastly different expectations of what perfection actually was. And the Dragons, perhaps, more so.

He decided not to argue it. To let it sit there and not illicit further comment from him.

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2011, 07:00:50 pm »
"Yes it is. It's perfect and beautiful." Nika shrugged, "No one really understands." Llyn had, but he wasn't around anymore. Reaching over, Nike lightly pressed his finger against Erin's chest, "Do you want to see? I can show you."

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 06:43:47 am »
He was used to being touched without permission - the scientists and even those who recovered him from his long sleep, did it quite often - so there was no reaction to the finger against his chest. Instead, Erin blinked once, looking down at the finger, then looked up at Nika and finally took a look around the room.

"I do not see the harm in that, but this room is not equipped for a proper extraction." There were no sterilized needles or sample tubes. Clearly Erin didn't understand what Nika was getting at.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 02:08:43 pm »
"The room isn't, but I am." Nika smiled then, a smile perfected over the years. His hand slid up against Erin's chest, palm flat against him. Concentrating, Nika's mind reached into Erin, wrapped around the blood that flowed through him.

His breathing picked up, eyes locked on Erin's neck as blood started to seep out of the pours, drawing together in a delicate strand that hung in the air. Perfect.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2011, 08:02:17 pm »
It was an odd sensation as his blood flowed up his veins and arteries to his neck and began to seep out. Not painful, just as Nika had said. But odd. He'd never been so aware of the blood in his body before as it was pulled out to hang in the air in front of him.

Erin stayed perfectly still, eyes focused on the sight of his blood, the red line hanging there. Scared of moving for fear of making Nika lose concentration or have it splash against his clothes. Both would be disastrous in his mind.

His breathing hitched a little and his heart rate increased.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 11:21:33 pm »
Nika didn't notice or care about Erin anymore. His one eye was locked on the blood, expression entranced. This was what he loved, what he cared about. He pulled the blood closer, reaching out to lightly stroke it with a finger, giving a small, happy sigh.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2011, 05:33:21 pm »
Erin's fingers clamped tighter on his datapad to keep himself from shaking or making any sudden jerking movements. Nika was clearly no longer paying attention to anything but the blood being drawn out of Erin's body and toyed with like a string.

He gulped as slowly and gently as he could to keep movement to a minimum as he swallowed air before attempting to speak quietly and gain Nika's attention.

"Pilot Candidate Nika Argan...?"

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 05:39:11 pm »
Nika's attention snapped back to Erin, not really liking that his moment was interrupted. How annoying. "Yes? Do you want something."

He hadn't taken much blood, there was still plenty inside the other candidate. So his interruption was just irritating.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 05:55:15 pm »
Erin had no way of knowing how much blood was taken out. His own fears likely inflating the reality of the matter and with it the worry.

The response, snapped out and so much in command, made Erin flinch. Eyes shutting and his hands clenching tighter. Nika had sounded just like the scientists had when he'd made a noise or turned his head the wrong direction. Annoyance... dismissal... control.

"I..." He stopped to gulp down another breath, feeling like he was back in the exam room, strapped to the table despite nothing holding him there "I did not wish to disturb you... but I had hoped... you might..." be done with it, let me have my blood back "what I mean to say is, can I move?" without you ripping it out, hurting me, spilling it all over me? "I do not wish to break your concentration if you need it by moving."

Indeed, outside of speaking, Erin had remained perfectly still. He was very used to others doing things to him without permission and having to sit still for hours. He didn't like it, but he was used to it.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 06:23:07 pm »
"What? Oh. Move around all you want. It doesn't bother me." Nika shrugged, hand still lightly stroking the strand of blood, "See. It's beautiful."

It was just...beautiful. Nika couldn't think of words good enough. The strand moved through the air, closer to Erin, "Touch it. It's warm, alive."

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2011, 06:44:05 pm »
Erin leaned backwards, away from the blood, more than a little disturbed by the sight. It was his blood. Floating there, moving toward him.

His eyes flicked between the blood and Nika. Another gulp, his head turned sideways as he eyed the small mass and lifted a finger to tentatively do as he was told. The tip touched it and there was a spark. He could feel his own electric energy within the blood. It was like a battery that he could add to or take away from. To charge or strip down with a simple touch as he did with the electronics around him.

Erin's eyes softened, becoming slightly entranced by it. Not the sight of the blood or the warmth.. but the way he could feel his own energies flowing through it at his touch. That it held his power like a battery... That was fascinating.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2011, 06:49:50 pm »
"See." Nika didn't really understand why Erin seemed enthralled. Blood was just that beautiful. He shivered in delight, feeling his control straining. He wanted more of the blood. Needed more blood.

For a long tense moment, Nika stared at Erin. Then he carefully slid the blood back into the other candidates body, breathing heavily.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal