Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Not Studying [open]  (Read 1084 times)

Anonymous

Re: Not Studying [open]
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 04:25:48 am »
Bellamy was pleased to see the lack of others within the training room. It wasn't often he found an empty training room. It was likely they were either doing book work of some kind, eating, or whatever else it was the others did around here. He set his book down near the entrance, intending to get it back later, and he stood and waited for Reav to show him what he had. With interest, he watched this odd gravity ability. Completely different from his own.

Limit? Did he have a limit? "Of course I do. No power is without limits." He stayed where he was for a moment, and then he was halfway across the room, walking towards Reav from behind. "I can't blink myself somewhere I've never been. I need to know the place." His gaze went far away as he continued speaking. "Not just the way it looks. I can't simply look at a photo and be there. I need to know the place. The feel of it under my feet. The smell of it. I need to feel myself there..." He disappeared from the training room. Finding himself in the library--the place he was envisioning as he spoke, he calmly walked over to a nearby table and picked up a book. Hope this doesn't count as theft. I'll bring it back.

He teleported back into the training room, then lifted the book to show Reav. "I can bring things with me, but they have to be small. The most I've managed is a little less than twenty pounds. So far." He looked down at the book he held. Battle tactics? "My abilities are mostly spatial. Bending dimensions." He envisioned the book he held was on top of his own book and then it disappeared from his hands, only to reappear seconds later atop his other book.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 04:39:08 am »
Reav pondered as he saw Bellamy's ability, and then found himself... curious. "Can you remove something attached to another? Like, say, a page from a book?" Reav asked, curious. If he could, it was be great in battle. Why? What weighed more than twenty pounds alone on a human body? Not organs. An arm? No, probably not. A leg? Probably not, but maybe. Still, if he could remove things... it would be a damn scary thing to use in battle. Gorey, too.

He thought again, pondering. What else was possible with teleportation? "Now, here's a real interesting question. Could you use your ability to teleport something, say fire, away from you? If so, that would be a fairly... interesting way to dodge attacks." Reav said, his idealistic side coming into view. Unmotivated? Yes. When motivated, an idealist from hell.

And he came up with crazy ideas... that just might work.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 04:57:07 am »
"You remind me of." Bellamy shut his mouth then, gaze moving away from Reav before he turned away altogether. He'd been so shocked by the similar idea forming in his mind he'd started to speak without thinking--not usual for him. The leader, his master. He had a lot of bloody ideas, too. Teleporting organs straight from a body had been one of them. But how could Reav know that? He wouldn't. He didn't. Bellamy shut his mind down, putting up more shields than was strictly necessary. It wasn't easy to keep up mental shields when he was also teleporting. But he'd learn. Control was key.

The fire/things coming at him idea, though? Not one that Bellamy nor his old master had thought of. Bellamy turned back to Reav with an inscrutable look.

"Let's try it." Wait, was that something that Reav could even do? He had mentioned gravity, nothing about fire. Could he teleport gravity away? He didn't think so. It wasn't something he could envision. But if he could envision it, could it happen? Hmmm... He doubted it, though. Gravity was a sort of spatial thing, but not in the same area as his own ability. They both had their individual strengths and weaknesses. Then a thought occurred to him: It didn't need to be fire!

"Throw something at me."

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 06:18:49 pm »
The other had quite a few secrets, it seemed. It was odd to see him in such a state so Reav waited patiently, his features showing that he did not really feel any need to do anything else. What he was suffering was beyond Reav's understanding and control, he would stay out of this. He heard him speak and Reav nodded, thinking of what he could do. This was training so he wasn't going to throw anything dangerous, just... well, a bit of a blast. He should start it with something visible.

"Hold on." Reav said, gathering air in one place, not too dense in fear of killing him if it hit if it did not work, and he took out some... paint? While he waited for the air to dense slowly, he squirted a bit of the paint into the orb, giving it quite a bit of color. "We'll start with something visible. And soft." Reav said, and then sent it at a fairly fast pace towards him by altering it's gravity.

What would happen?

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 07:07:11 pm »
Something visible. Bellamy watched Reav's actions, waiting for it. When he'd said throw something at him, he'd meant something like a book, a shoe, something physical. Not gravity. This made him nervous, but he didn't want that ball of paint--soft or otherwise--to touch him. He didn't know what it'd do, and he was quite used to pain, but at the moment, he had no keen interest in learning anything right now but what they could do with their powers. With teamwork, corny and uncomfortable as it sounded to the generally unfriendly Bellamy.

Seeing that ball come at him, he thought about his ability. He thought about how he'd thought that book away, how he'd worked in his old occupation. If one could remove a lung from a breathing body, one could bounce a painted ball of gravity away.

Only bounce wasn't quite the word. It was what he'd imagined it would be, but his thinking that oncoming ball away didn't bounce. It merely disappeared from their sight. It wasn't even in the room with them anymore. Bellamy blinked. Somewhere outside, he heard a crashing sound and somebody going, "What the HELL was that?!"

He wanted to laugh for some reason. He could feel it--the laughter--sitting in his chest, longing to be let out. He lowered his head to hide the urge to smile and shook his head.

"Um." He managed to say something. "Not sure that worked right." More control. I need more control. He straightened himself up and took in a long breath before slowly letting it out. "Let's try it again."

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2010, 07:18:22 pm »
Well. COOL! Reav grinned brightly as he heard the paint splatter all over something (Probably a someone), and he chuckled, finding that rather amusing. He succeeded. "Maybe... think of teleporting it behind you a little next time?" Reav said, very amused. Well, he should... seeing as he didn't really expect to be pulling an accidental prank on someone like this. And he could tell that Bellamy was hiding his own amusement, and he sighed. He was hopeless.

He did it again, and he then suddenly sighed, whirling around, as if giving it some power. Giving it a spiky appearance by randomizing the vectors of gravity, it became... unstable. The paint was going haywire. Would it hurt to be hit by this? Probably. Why was Reav doing... this? He grinned dangerously, and spoke quickly. "Think fast."

And as the last word was said, he launched it rather forcefully at Bellamy.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 05:05:25 pm »
"What?" Bellamy asked before realizing that Reav had just hurled something new at him. He fought his instant reaction--which was to duck or dodge the thing--and instead, he quickly teleported it elsewhere. Reav had said to try somewhere behind him, but in his surprise and quick reactionary thinking, he'd instead teleported it back towards Reav. Whoops. It wouldn't hurt him, though! Would it?

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 05:20:47 pm »
Reav watched his reaction as he tossed it back, and he grinned before allowing a wave of gravity to shoot from his palms and grow, until it hit the spiky ball of gravitational energy, and suddenly blew up. Reav made sure he wasn't covered in paint as he directed the energy of the thing, but was still blown back enough for him to need to take a step back. "Nice!" Reav exclaimed, and grinned. "Sorry for the dangerous trial, but most people think better and use their powers when there's a bit of danger involved."

He sighed, and relaxed, suddenly hitting the ground. He felt... odd. Tired, in a way. The ball had still hit him rather hard even from his attempted deflection, and he felt it. He rubbed his stomach softly before shaking his head and looking around. Still... quiet. Weird. Reav started to feel... tired... what was wrong? He hit the ground, and passed into unconsciousness.

Apparently the small scale battle had made Reav use up most of his energy.

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 05:30:20 pm »
Not what Bellamy had expected. At all. He stood where he was for a long moment, waiting for Reav to get up. However, he remained unconscious on the ground. Bellamy looked over at the door. He thought seriously about leaving. Then he let out a barely audible sigh. Working with others was more work than he'd initially thought it would be. Going over to Reav's side, he just stood there again. Still considering. What was he supposed to do? Many of his kind were natural healers, but he'd spent most of his life learning how to take life, not restore it. Though he heard it wasn't so hard to do one or other with the correct anatomical education.

Finally, Bellamy knelt down beside Reav on one knee. Should he bother waking him? He was too big to teleport anywhere. He was probably too big for him to carry anywhere, either. So he shook his shoulder and suppressed the urge to smack him in the face (didn't that work, though?).

"Should I call a medic?"

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2010, 05:41:38 pm »
Reav stayed in unconsciousness until he found a hand on his shoulder, at which point one of his eyes slitted open, showing he was still alive. The figure above him spoke about getting a medic, and Reav pulled himself up in a daze. "No... don't." Reav said, and groaned, loudly. He struggled to get to a crouch, and then forced himself into a standing position, although it was tormenting his mind and muscles. He looked like he was ready to throw up, but Reav just began moving. Why?

He glanced back at Bellamy, and gestured for him to follow in a rather lazy hand-signal. He groaned as he moved, and began going down to his room, and eventually reached it. After struggling with the door, he entered the room and got himself to his counter, where he picked up a jar of something, and he took one out. Swallowing it, he seemed to stabilize.

But... there was a horrible noise, like all of his bones were shifting.

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 09:07:54 pm »
Bellamy stared at Reav as he got up, then took a moment to grab the books at the door before he followed after him. He didn't understand why he was being beckoned to follow, but he supposed he couldn't leave him on his own after he'd collapsed like that. After a moment, they were in the dorms, and then Reav kept on going until he found a door--probably his own room. Bellamy nearly opened the door for him when he was having so much trouble, but he eventually got it. Finally. Then inside, the weird part. He took something and then...

Bellamy's eyes narrowed. "Do you have some kind of defect?" A chronic issue made some sense, once he thought about it. Working with gravity probably made for some bone crushing. Bellamy should consider himself lucky his ability was only semi-damaging.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 09:13:56 pm »
"Almost. Not a defect, just an issue. My ability has... energy consumption issues. Along with that, every time I use it I have a chance of damaging myself if it gets too close." Reav replied, and groaned as he massaged his shoulder. "Terrifying and powerful, yes, but not without its cost." Reav said, and looked up at Bellamy. "I think the only reason I haven't been TRIM'd is because I have nearly perfect control over it."

When his bones felt in the right place again, he let out a sigh of relief. "I was given this to fix any damage if I overwork myself. It's easy, as you can tell, seeing as a few demonstrations and some actual work got me like this." Reav said, and then watched. "If you have any ideas on how to... ease this, I'd like to hear them." Reav said, curious.

What if he had some idea?

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2010, 12:23:04 am »
Hm. TRIM'd. It did seem as if an abnormality would result in being TRIM'd, but if he had near perfect control... One such as Bellamy could appreciate control. He also could appreciate how hard it could be. He wondered how he'd managed to overwork himself, though. Was he using more power than Bellamy was aware of? Did he have limitations he hadn't discussed beforehand? Was that last spiky ball of gravitational whatsits a problematic drain on him? Or had he been to the training room earlier? That was highly likely. Maybe he shouldn't over-extend himself with "after class" training?

"Have you heard of acupuncture?"

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 04:43:49 pm »
Reav groaned, and could just tell how many questions he had. He just didn't want to answer them all. But the words that came out of Bellamy's mouth surprised him. "Yes, but I don't know what you're getting at, so let's pretend 'No.'" Reav said, and watched him carefully. What was he thinking? How could acupuncture help him? Reav continued to watch him, a questioning look on his face. Obviously, he needed some answer.

Yes, Reav had issues with the power of his own abilities. They drained him quickly, and if it was anyone other than him with this power, they'd be dead. Reav could handle it, just due to caution. Sure, he could cause a black hole enough to devour the planet. For a millisecond. And he'd die, directly after.

Quite literally.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 03:37:09 pm »
Bellamy frowned. If Reav already knew what acupuncture was, then why did he want him to explain it?

"Basically," he said slowly. "It's the insertion of needles into one's body in order to relieve pain and stress. It's actually quite relaxing. I only suggested it because I personally find it to be effective." Then again, he'd been taught how to do it and it came now as second nature to him. He hadn't meant that it would add stability to Reav's control. He supposed the anxiety aid it provided could help, but acupuncture in and of itself wouldn't act as a way to control his power. If that was what he'd expected, he was in for disappointment.

"I don't believe in using medicine except in extreme cases." His eyes went to the bottle Reav had retrieved his pills from. "But it doesn't mean I don't believe others can't use it. If it works for you, it works."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal