Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Don't Step on Toes! [Open to anybody and everybody]  (Read 565 times)

Anonymous

Don't Step on Toes! [Open to anybody and everybody]
« on: July 12, 2010, 11:13:45 pm »
[OOC: Thought I'd put something up here. xD ]

Now this was more what Sascha liked to see! Relaxation, rest and fun. For once. He hoped. To be honest, costumes weren't really his thing. He had spent over thirty minutes sifting through the clothes he owned and ended up nixing the idea of wearing a costume at all. The sad part was, he had ample time to get ready for this. He could have easily made something (well, badly, because sewing wasn't exactly his strong suit) by the time this night rolled around. But he hadn't. And now he was paying for it.

He stood in the common room, dressed slightly better than usual, though any amount of combing did very little for his hair. Looking around at how creative some of the others got, he was almost embarrassed at how under-dressed he was. Well, the least he could do was have  good time while he was here. Clearing his throat, he tapped the shoulder of the person closest to him. "Hey, would you like to dance with me?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Don't Step on Toes! [Open to anybody and everybody]
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:36:49 am »
Atara had prepped for this. She loved any event where she got to dress up. Her costume was half made by her, half sent in by her parents for her. They were so proud of her for being in the program, they would have sent her whatever she wanted.

For a sense of irony, Atara had gone as an angel. Small, white feathered wings, short, barely there toga that was almost flashing ass cheek at everyone and her breasts kept threatening to pop out of, gold sandals that laced to the knee. She had extra curled her white hair, then half piled it on her head, so that a few curls spilled loose.

Feeling a touch on her shoulder, Atara turned and saw some candidate boy. She wasn't sure what his name was, but she had seen him around before. Tilting her head, she studied the boy. He wasn't Sylvi, which was a shame. Or Rachel. She would have to track those two down before the end of the night.

But he wasn't bad looking. Smiling, Atara nodded her head, "Alright. Lead the way."

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 02:58:20 pm »
Whoa! Not who he expected to see! What was his problem? Going around tapping anybody's shoulder and asking them to dance. What if he got somebody scary? He was lucky he got this girl, but now he couldn't think of anything to say (miracle of miracles!). Yes, he was rendered completely speechless, although he couldn't turn her down now. He had asked her to dance--and she wanted him to lead the way. Which only made sense. He was the guy. She was the girl.

Sascha knew of her, though not much. She was higher up than he was on the candidate ring, and way beyond his league and he knew it. Pretty, curvy girls? They just didn't talk to Sascha, or well, Sascha didn't talk to them because he felt like an annoying growth on their toenail more than a person whenever they were around.

"Uh, right. Leading the way," he finally said after a moment of indecision. What was he going to do? Run away? She didn't look like she was mocking him. She didn't even look bored. That gave him some more courage. He smiled. It was just a dance, relax. He turned an ear to the music though it was hard to ignore it. Loud. Obnoxious. In your face. The dance floor wasn't very crowded at the moment, just a couple of people. That made him slightly more self conscious, but he led her there anyway, and started dancing, moving to the beat of the music. Dancing was all about energy and fun. "So, hi! I realize this isn't the best time to introduce myself, but I'm Sascha! Nice costume, by the way. I'm kinda lame, I didn't have anything costumey laying around, so... Well, it's obvious what I wore instead, huh?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 11:43:23 pm »
As the boy just kept staring at her, Atara was starting to regret her decision. Her smile faltered a little, though she tried to not let it show too much. He was cute enough, though not really her type. But he might make a fun diversion until the real fun arrived, though if he didn't stop acting so weird, she was going to need another drink.

He finally seemed to snap out of it and Atara's pleased expression returned. It was a little awkward moving through the crowd with her wings, but Atara managed to make it mostly unruffled. She didn't recognize the song that was playing, but she liked the beat. Moving her hips and sliding against Sasha's frame, Atara gave a small giggle, "Thanks, I kinnda just threw it together. I'm Atara. Are you even supposed to be anything?"

Well, he might be fun to play with. The awkward ones often were, though she would have to see what buttons of his she could push.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 12:20:59 am »
Atara. He nodded as she introduced herself. "I, uh. No. I'm not anything but Sascha. I really didn't have anything to wear and I'm not too terribly creative." He was feeling slightly more comfortable now. Sure, she was a pretty girl, but he'd survive the encounter. Unless she was a really mean girl beneath the friendliness, she seemed nice. Personally, Sascha didn't believe these type of people existed--which was just a testament to his naivety. Everybody said that would be crushed from him in no time. He still didn't believe it.

Okay, actually, he felt a little uncomfortable with her moving against him. He didn't quite know how to react to that. Was he supposed to do that sort of thing back to her? Was he supposed to try and be close to her? He wasn't that bold, not about this sort of thing. So instead, he mustered up a nervous half smile and inched back just the slightest.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:51:22 pm »
"How boring." Atara gave a small laugh, still dancing close to the boy. She could tell he was nervous, but that only made it more fun. And just over a little bit of dancing. How did these little lambs all end up here?

It was too easy. Atara wrapped one dark arm around his neck, keeping him close, hips pressed against his, "This party doesn't seem very happening. I wish I could have gone to the Pilot one. I bet that is way more exciting."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 03:49:06 pm »
He felt himself turning red over that. I'm boring? Well, how was he supposed to remedy that? Maybe she was right. Maybe he should have given a costume more thought instead of being all super self conscious that whatever he wore would be stupid. Heck, he could have come up with something. She's right! I'm boring! he thought with horror. How could his imagination be lacking so much?

However, even with all these thoughts running through his mind, Sascha couldn't help but notice her arm going around his neck. Why is she pulling me closer? Could he get any redder? His thoughts froze for a moment, and then they raced around his mind as he tried to think of something--anything--to do to get away from this predicament and somehow prove he wasn't as dull as she thought. I know!

"We could crash their party! W-well, not crash, per se, but we could sneak in and see... I mean, if we stick on masks, they won't know who we are. Right?"

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 03:57:31 pm »
Atara lifted one snowy white eyebrow, smirking a little, "Sneak in? To a room full of highly trained psychics? Count me out. I don't want to die." Cool idea though. But she wasn't dumb.

"Aw, you're so red. Am I making you uncomfortable little boy?" Atara kept moving to the music, enjoying Sascha's obvious discomfort.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 04:22:49 pm »
Sascha had to admit it: she was right. Sneaking into a party full of psychics did seem like a suicide mission. Darn it! Kinda did sound like fun, too. He wondered if alcohol impaired their judgment at all or if it somehow sharpened it. Nah, he really doubted it. Not everybody at that party would be drunk, anyway.

"Okay. Dumb idea." He gave off a nervous laugh and completely ignored the red comment. He was trying to pretend he wasn't. Man, if only he'd thought to at least make a mask. He'd been given time to do just that. Why didn't I? Oh right. Every time I thought I might, I ended up doing something else instead. Stupid studies. Stupid fear of being TRIM'd. He did have like half a mask sitting somewhere around his room. Probably not even half a mask. What would a mask make him, anyway? A candidate in a mask...? Maybe?

"Ohh, oh! I know! Just because we're not with the pilots, doesn't mean we can't have some of the things they have at their party, right?" Other than alcohol, what else would they have? Uh... Things. Probably lots of things. "Like... Like, uh..." He looked around the room. What were they missing?

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 11:06:26 pm »
"I was more thinking people wouldn't be hugging the walls so much." Atara laughed, nodding to how many candidates seemed to be huddled together. No one here knew how to party! "Fuck! It's time to let lose and have a great time and no one wants too."

They were all dressed up, tons of free booze and music and people didn't want to do anything. Atara took another drink from the glass in her hand. She needed some stronger drinks. A party wasn't any fun when no one partied.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 11:46:39 pm »
"But they've all known each other for years," Sascha reasoned. He, too, had been a little afraid to just go out and do something, but now that he was out here, dancing, he was fine. Well, sort of. Slightly flustered, but fine all the same. Then again, Sascha's reasoning didn't entirely hold merit. Sure, some of the candidates had known each other for some time, but a lot of them didn't. Especially the gracies and even the stage twos like himself. He'd only been a stage two for like half a year. He was barely over a gracie, really!

"We could just show them a good time," he suggested. His suggestions seemed to like being shot down, but it didn't stop him from attempting all the same. "If we do something big, they're sure to notice! Or even something incredibly stupid so everybody else feels better. Or, we could bring in alcohol. That'll make everybody less shy. Could spike the punch. I guess." Not usually his line of thinking, but yes. He was trying to impress Atara.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 08:11:55 pm »
It was adorable watching someone try to impress her. He obviously hadn't heard of her, which amused Atara. Her lips kept curling into a smug little smirk. He made a miserable bad boy, but the effort was nice. It made her feel pretty.

"Well, I thought we were showing them a good time." Atara's pale blue eyes flicked down to where she was grinding to the music against Sascha, "Or are you not enjoying this?" Swallowing the last of her drink, she shook the empty class, "I suppose I could use another drink. Maybe this party will be cooler when I'm drunk." She gave a small laugh, moving away from Sascha and starting toward the bar, "Get me drunk enough and I'll make out with anyone."

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 11:53:12 pm »
"Uh..." Sascha glanced around at her proclamation. He hadn't meant he'd try to get her drunk to make out with her! Maybe he should stop her. Didn't she have a boyfriend (or possibly girlfriend)? He really didn't know. He didn't know her, he didn't of her. Since when had everything gone so low under his radar. Before living in the ATC, he used to have his finger on the pulse of everything cool. Or well, he knew of cool things, he just didn't quite know how to apply them. Now that he was here, being cool wasn't always at the forefront of his mind. Probably from either being too tired or too not cool. Or something.

He was surprised--even though he really oughtn't be--that there was a bar. He followed after her, a few paces behind, still looking around. Was he supposed to be following her? Edging up to the bar, he tried the first thing he saw and immediately coughed, setting the glass down.

"Uh, so, Atara! Where are your friends?" She had to have friends. Girls like her always had friends.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 12:18:22 am »
Atara silently rolled her eyes as she made her way to the table. Was everyone here such a stick in the mud? They had unlimited drinks, music, a serious party and it was lame. When had all the fun gotten sucked out of everyone?

Taking a glass of something vividly red, Atara took a sip and made a pleased sound. Nice and strong. She would need it dealing with Sascha. Leaning against the bar, Atara watched him through her long, fake lashes, "My friends? Around, though not all of them have arrived yet." Leaning closer, Atara smiled at him, "Alright Sascha. You have one last chance to do something interesting or I'm going to go find someone else to play with."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 02:11:06 am »
He didn't think he had it in him to show her anything exciting. The way she danced--that turned him red again--but the way she danced, he had the impression that Atara's idea of "interesting" was a vastly different one than his own. He thought bugs were interesting. He thought plants were interesting--when he could find any. He thought the weird meat surprise was interesting, but in a hair-raising way. He thought Atara was interesting, too. But none of these things were likely to interest Atara. He wondered if she did wild things all the time. Well, she doesn't crash a pilot party, but she said it herself. That would be suicidal.

"You're right. It's a party," he said, agreeing with her. "A lot of people are being wet blankets." Which surprised him. He thought there were more wild types amongst them. He thought they'd all go crazy with their allotted party time. It was only the beginning of the night. People probably needed more of that alcohol to start doing the "interesting" things. Picking up his glass, he took another drink of it, coughing once again. How come she didn't cough? She must be so hardcore! "What's interesting to you, Atara?" He might as well ask it out loud. "Should I get up on the table and dance? Is that interesting? Should I try and do a back flip? Start singing at the top of my lungs? Swim through butter? I'm not sure what you're expecting out of this party."

Probably too much. He wondered if she'd done more hardcore party stuff before she landed in here. Maybe she was club type.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 10:52:48 am »
Atara sighed, taking another drink from her glass, disappointed. Sascha had not impressed her. Just another boring little boy. He had showed promise when he asked her to dance, then it went all down hill from there.

Straightening up away from the bar, Atara tossed her head a little to adjust her curls, "Bzzzzt. Wrong answer." Flicking Sascha in the nose, Atara laughed, "I'm bored. Go play games or something. I'm off." If she was lucky, Sylvi would show up soon. She was always a fountain of amusement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal