OUTER SPACE > Open Space

Asking for help [Lilith or open]

(1/7) > >>

WarhawkZ:
Warhawk, ready to kill his client for his unreasonable demand, stared hard at his Raider was loaded with as much cargo it could handle. Growling loudly, he knew that a little over half wouldn't fit in his hold, no matter how he tried. 'Fucking prick just couldn't give me an extension. No it all was time sensitive and couldn't be delayed past that date.' Warhawk silently complained. Going the dockyard's message board he stomped his pride and clicked on to the open channel, "This is Raider Delta Twenty, I have a dual ship run to Edanith that I thought do with one. But the check won't give me an extension on the deadline. So if there is anyone heading towards Edanith, I'm willing to split the pay fifty-fifty with whomever agrees to help me. Can be reached on frequency 505-06.8."

Letting the mic hang, he turn to see the cargo bag door close. 'Hopefully I won't have to wait long for a reply. Pretty any pilot would want some tax free credits.' he thought. Boarding the ship, Warhawk entered the bridge and slid into the command couch. Flipping the receiver on he ran a short pre-flight check.

ARAD V1.0:
The young, prodigal smuggler groaned softly as Seventhreer prodded her side with her nose to wake her up. "What is it?" She inquired with a yawn, sitting up and stretching softly. "A split contract. Well paid. No ties," was what the machine answered, causing Lillith to halt her movements and glance at him. "Patch me through," she said after a short while, rubbing her eye sleepily.

"Lillith, pilot of the Constantine," she stated. "My cargo hold can take on the other half. Docking bay R8, I will tag along to Aedolis." Then her feed was cut.

"Make me a coffee, Seventhreer," she said sleepily, heading to get properly dressed.

WarhawkZ:
'Fate must love to rub my face in to the grater.' Warhawk mused somewhat sullenly as he recognized the voice. Once he had the remaining cargo sent over to Lilith's ship, he tuned his com to Lilith's frequency. "Cargo's headed your way, I'll meet you in orbit. And thanks for the assist." Aftering cutting his feed Warhawk brought his Raider online. Feeling and hearing the void/ion engines rumble to life he grasped the twin control sticks. 'That feeling of power never gets old Backing off the pad he glanced towards a screen and saw his take clearance flash across. "Hell yeah!" he exclaimed as set the Raider on a high speed power climb. Spiraling up as contrails streamed off the pulse cannons and leading edges, Warhawk felt somewhat normal. Which never lasted long, but it was so worth it because he could forget his past a little bit.

ARAD V1.0:
Lillith oversaw the cargo being loaded into her ship and yawned softly again, taking another swig from her coffee before waving off the workers. It was time for take-off.

She sat down in her pilot seat, the handlebars extending towards her, chair tilting slightly. She glanced upwards at several switches and flicked them, going down a checklist. "Gyro-stabilizer, engaged. Engines green, system check initiated," she murmured, before patting the seat next to her, Seventhreer making hus way towards and sitting down.

"Green across the board," she opened a direct line to the docking control and sighed. "Constantine ready for take-off."

A crackling reply came several seconds later. "Tower control to Constantine, permission granted, have a nice flight."

Lillith smirked softly and turned off the communication feed again, engines buzzing to life. "Let's see which fun routes there are to Aedolis," she murmured, ship hovering sligjtly before turning ninety degrees and shooting upwards at breakneck speeds.

She slowed down again once in space, hailing Warhawk's Raider.

WarhawkZ:
Leveling out once in orbit, Warhawk pulled the map of hyperlanes and started to plan a route, not realizing that he reopened his feed. "Old hyperlanes are out, to long and debris filled, so that leaves the new ones. And given the bastard's almost unreasonable deadline, I am left with the most popular lanes the universe. If he wasn't paying so well, I'd be tempted to kill him for his ridiculous demands." he stopped mid rant when noticed Lilith's face on his radio monitor. "And now I feel stupid." Warhawk added before slapping his forehead. "How much did you hear?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version