OUTER SPACE > Open Space

All The Stars In Between

(1/21) > >>

Draconian:
[ @Lion ]

Cordelia rolled her eyes at the ship.

Stupid alarm.

"Yes. I know we're super close to another ship. Yes I did do it on purpose." She snapped at the ship. It couldn't answer her. It didn't care about her excuses. It just wanted her to move the goddamn ship because it was too goddamn close and it was going to make these awful noises until she moved it.

Cordelia instead put on a suit. A mirror'd face mask to keep out any wayward sunlight, mostly skin tight - where there was skin to be tight against. Her legs were free, metal things, specially made to walk along metal as long as she turned the magnets on - which she'd done. Her leg arm was metal and a little more skeletal, designed to work as a tool. Just about the only thing left of her that was skin and bones was her right arm and most of her torso.

The ribcage had been replaced with a much more sturdy one and that helped with the strange tail she could use to cut open doors. She was her very own set of tools and it really helped with not having to carry around a whole tonne of crap.

Today, she sauntered out of her ship's airlock to the derelict piece of crap that had showed up on her radar. It didn't look cut up by pirates or stripped it just looked... Dead. Once she'd forced her way in with a work of her tools she poked around the rooms, taking careful steps. Doing her best to remain undetected - she wasn't sure what was in here and she was a little afraid of finding out.

The fear escalated when she went through room after room, finding not a soul. Not a suit. Not a corpse. Abandoned? Maybe.

Cordelia found a strange control room, symbols she couldn't read were all along the screen and she passed her fingers over them curiously. Then there were lights and she jerked her hand back. Frowning she eyed the room and took a few steps back.

It was a map.

Her gaze zero'd in on the light. Some sort of indicator? She frowned at the map, looking for some sort of recognizable point she followed the wall carefully, the metal of her fingers scraping against the metal. There. Pods.

"The fuck," She whispered, looking at them. All of them were close and most of them were empty.

Or at least they looked empty.

There was a dried up corpse in one and she reeled back.

Cordelia looked at them while she meandered and stopped at the only one with a fresh body in it.

A man.

A careful breath and she looked around. Maybe she could.... A lick of her lips behind the mask and she closed her eyes for a moment before taking a deep breath and removing the helmet. A hesitant little breath and she sighed relief when she could breath. It tasted stale and a little bit like dusty death but she could breath.

Her hand slammed down on the control panel in front of the pod, some strange symbols and she frowned at it. How could she turn it off? Or not? Maybe... Worst case scenario was she killed him, but with the rest of the ship being dead, what was the big deal with that? She moved to a broken pod, like something had burst out of it and grabbed a heavy metal pipe.

The proceeded to beat on the one with the fresh looking man in it.

Maybe she could make it do some sort of fail safe and wake the guy up.

When it doubt with technology... Just beat on it.

Lion:
[Short post is short! D:]

To breath again for the first time for the last time. it was the strangest sensation.  First there was cold, then then there was nothing. Being submerged in the cryo pod was a decision of finality, a motion toward uncertainty, an absolution that would never be found. The last the he remembered hearing was the voice of the crew, the slow countdown, the beeping of life support systems.  Then the submersion.  Then silence.

Only his memories would ring out in his senses. The last kiss he shared with Vex before they were parted, the feeling of his lips, the warmth of his form against him. The Cygnus' commander issuing the order to depart at last.  His heart beat as it slowed into hibernation.

Then he breathed again, lungs activating, the faint beep up emergency systems still active.  Life support pressed air into resuscitator, the face-mask covering the lower part of his head. Steam depressurized somewhere, locks disengaged and the cold was slowly dissipating, billowing out at his feet.

The door was opening...  Why was the door opening?  Had they reached a final destination at last? Had the Empire found them...? Mars opened his eyes, feeling the clasps of his respirator-mask release from his face, as did the belts from around his body.  He was bare to the cold, but the temperature was manageable for his kind.

He saw a face, an unknown mask, and fear shot through him. Where was his voice?  Still trapped in the recesses of his throat.  Panic set in, cobalt blue eyes widening as he lunged for the mirror-masked fiend.

Draconian:
Cordelia had been in midswing when the pod opened and a grown ass man fell out.

Shit. Fuck shit. Goddamn shit.

Wasn't there supposed to be a wait time or something?

Cordelia let the bar sail out of her hands so the strange man didn't get it upside the head - it clattered loudly on the other side of the room and she quickly slapped the side of the helmet to hide away the mirror'd cover. Her hands shot out in front of her, the metal one in front since it was way more sturdy and could handle more abuse than her squishier human one.

"Wait!" Cordelia said, moving her hand to her helmet to whip it off, as she backed up quickly, metal feet clanging loudly on the floor, her hands out, "wait! Wait, I'm not here to hurt you!"  she moved her hand behind her to the broken dusty ship - well, not really dusty. "I'm here to help you but I can't help you if you bash my face in!"

Lion:
Mars was stopped.  But not because of her hands but because of the three large archaic plugs that remained honed into his arms and shoulder and thighs.  He sprang back into the pod falling and staring up at her panting heavily and he found his voice in a pained groan.

He reached up to pull the plugs from his body, falling to his knees when he exited the pod.  Shudders coursed through him, reeling now from the cold, and curling in on himself.  He looked up at the stranger in the strange suit, speaking a language he could grasp but just barely.  It wasn't that he didn't understand, it was that his sense now were just coming back to him.

"H-help me?" he managed to croak out, voice raspy and cracking.  He coughed, the darkness surrounding the cryo chamber diminished only by the vague infrequent sparks starved for power.  His gaze fell up on her, vision coming into focus, and when he saw a human face, the apprehension did not ease. 

However he maintained control of himself.  "Have you come to...kill me?"  Throat was clearer now, and he sat upright, huddling his arms to himself.

Draconian:
Shit. She hadn't thought to bring a suit or something.

Cordelia sucked in a breath when he ripped the cords from himself and she glanced down at her arm, swallowing thickly. He could probably rip her arm from from the socket. the whole thing. Meaty bits drilled into bone and all. Cordelia frowned at him, confused.

Right. Cryo.

Can't really remember shit if you were asleep the whole time.

C'mon, Cordy, think. Think quick.

"Yeah, my ship was getting a distress signal from this thing and when I boarded it was ... Empty." She looked around again, chewing on her lower lip, 'feet' moving not so quietly along while she shuffled and tried to find him a suit of some kind to make sure he got to her own ship safely.

"I gotta get you onto my ship, okay? Just gotta find you some clothes," Cordelia froze, "Kill you? What? No." A frown, was he a criminal or something? If he was... She'd never heard of him. Or this ship. Though she supposed she could scan the serial number or something from it from her own when they got back and do her research then. 

"Look, you're the only person alive I found on this ship and I'd really like to get back onto mine so..." She held out the metal hand, "please? We'll pilfer some clothes for you but the sooner we get you out of here and somewhere safe the better."

This place was starting to give her the heebie-jeebies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version