Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Nascent's Wants, Limits, and Mind Candy  (Read 502 times)

Nascent

Nascent's Wants, Limits, and Mind Candy
« on: August 11, 2013, 06:11:27 pm »
PLAYER WANTS

What types of plots are you interested in playing?
I like to think of myself as a fairly versatile roleplayer in the "big three" categories -- casual, story driven, and combative -- so there aren't many plots I'd be outright opposed to taking part in. My characters tend to be rather flexible as well, with elements of their personalities that can play into most situations reasonably well.

What types of plots are you not interested in playing?
In all honesty I have yet to come across a (well developed) plot that I couldn't see myself having some part in. Just to be on the safe side however, if you have an idea that's somehow way out there, PM me with what details you can spare and we'll talk it over to see if it'll work out. Odds are I'll say yes, though.

How often can you reply to any given thread?
Truth be told, my response times vary. If IRL is getting in the way then perhaps once or twice a week, though if the muse is flowing and my schedule's free I can easily put out quality posts multiple times a day.

What is the longest you're willing to wait for a reply to a thread?
I'm patient when it comes to other RPers. Life happens, stuff hits the fan, writer's block pounces -- that's just the way it works. My one request is that if someone I'm RPing with is dropping a thread entirely or going to be away for a month or more please let me know. I'll gladly work with people as long as they let me know what's going on.

Are you open to RPing over instant messengers? If so, what's the best way to contact you and what times are you generally available?
I don't honestly do my best work over IM, but it's rather valuable for hashing out dialogue between characters or rapid-fire back-and-forth fight scenes. I mostly use Skype but I'm seldom on if I'm not expecting someone, and even then it's usually set to Busy or Ninja Invisible. If it's 'Busy', 9 times out of 10 it's because I'm on a Skype date with my awesome girlfriend, so not a good time to contact me. Best way to set up Skype time with me is by sending my a PM or email (MysteriousVoiceGuy@gmail.com).

Are you open to post volleying?
I'm open to it, as long as I know it's coming and it's prearranged. Again, PM or email is the best way to arrange dedicated RP time with me.

Anything else?
Hmm...
I've been RPing for almost 17 years, so I also enjoy passing along what I've learned to novice RPers -- so long as they're willing to put in the effort. I specialize at teaching competitive 'Sparring' RP methods and techniques, but the training I offer develops aspects of writing, thinking, and roleplaying that even non-competitive RPers can benefit from. However, due to past experience I have two strict rules: I only accept one student at a time, AND if I catch the slightest whiff of plagiarism then we're done. I can forgive a great many things, but writers passing off other writers' work as their own is a violation of EVERYTHING roleplaying represents.
(I once actually had found someone impersonating me and using one of my characters in a half-baked attempt to garner popularity, so my stance on this issue is quite unforgiving. No one can be 100% original, but I do insist that any student of mine at least make the attempt.)
If interested, PM me.
CURRENT STUDENT: Stormphrax

PLAYER LIMITS

What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
I'm an oldschool RPer -- I've practiced RP in all three levels of consent, those being Open, Closed, and Hybrid styles. I prefer Hybrid, which allows for minor impact / minor outcome godmodding, but if I trust and respect someone enough I'm willing to RP Closed style (major impact / major outcome godmodding). I'm quite good with Open as well (zero godmodding), so don't feel like you have to reciprocate Hybrid style if you don't want to. I'll gladly meet you wherever you're comfortable. ^_^

What are your limits in regards to romantic situations?
...This is a delicate subject for me, but not in the way you might think. Y'see, I met my girlfriend, the woman of my dreams, through RP, and it was partly due to the two of us gradually establishing a romance plot between our characters that we worked up the courage to tell each other how we felt. In some regards, then, romantic RP is something I hold very special and personal.
For certain characters I'll consider it, for others not at all. Asheroth, for example... well, that's just not happening, for obvious reasons, and with Hadrian you'll have to get darned creative to make that work. As a general rule just PM me if you have a really good angle... but by and large I don't think it's gonna work out.

What are your limits in regards to sex?
I prefer imply or fade to black.

What are your limits in regards to pregnancy within plots?
Truth be, I can't imagine any of my characters in that kind of scenario. There'd have to be one heck of a brilliant plot tie-in for me to sign off on any of my female characters getting preggers... and we're not even going into the weird territory of it happening to any of the guys. >_<

What are your limits in regards to violent scenes?
I'm okay with writing violent and bloody scenes, though don't expect me to go into too much detail with gore and mutilation and nasty stuff like that. I'm of the school of thought that writing is meant to engage readers, not repulse them, and though I know there are people who aren't offended by the images one would find in an autopsy room I'd much rather play off bodily harm with some tact and tastefulness. Besides which, the true strength of the horror genre is in leaving certain things to the imagination.
As for fighting... well, that's one of my strengths as an RPer. I'm quite good with battle scenes and combat, be it one-on-one or en mass.

What are your limits in regards to abuse/rape in plots?
Imply or fade to black in the case of rape and the more horrific forms of abuse. If it's something like a character being captured and tortured then I'd have to play it by ear; there are some things, after all, that I doubt anyone wants to read about.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
I'm not outright opposed to the idea, but I would prefer to talk it over first. Shoot me a PM if you've got something in mind.

What about healing?
At the moment none of my characters on RotE have any noteworthy injuries or scars that have story or character significance, so I'm fine with this. Will edit if that changes.

Anything else?
PM me if there's anything you're curious about or want more info on! 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal