Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Friendship lives forever (PM Vixus)  (Read 5775 times)

Vixus

Re: Friendship lives forever (PM Vixus)
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2014, 11:00:21 am »
When the three sat down, a grey haired lady came out with a tray, with three bowls of soup already on it. She handed each of them a bowl. Under Mikey's bowl, she had stuck a slip of paper using some gum. She put her hand on his arm when he went to open it. once she left he unfolded it slowly. What have you gotten yourself into this time Michael?

He passed it over to Damion from across the table, hiding it behind their bowls. "Don't stand up to greet them now, but I think we have... other patrons." He straps and buckles his face mask, and whispers under his breath- "Veronica, get under the table."

Wicked Basket

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2014, 11:13:16 am »
Damion read what was on the slip of paper and Michael informed him of 'other patrons'. Damion resisted the urge to look around to see if he could find them because that would sure give them away. A knife slowly slid out of his sleeve and into his hands. Yeah he kept two knives in each sleeve. So what? Damion began wondering if playing guardian to a little girl had gotten him into something that was way over his head. Regardless, there was no backing out now, especially since he still felt bad for getting her shot. He knew how that felt. Eating no longer seemed important, but he starting eating anyway in order to keep from looking suspicious. It was probably a pointless gesture though. A scarred face with a fake eye was pretty recognizable and easy to remember. He was probably more of a danger to have around than anything. Maybe it would be possible for him to lure the baddies away so that Mike could get Veronica to safety.

Vixus

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2014, 11:28:15 am »
"Don't swallow" Mike said through gritted teeth "It's poisoned." His tactical knife was on the table, and he felt his right hip for the GI pistol he carries. Mike listens around the room for a moment. "No one's here... Snipers."

Wicked Basket

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2014, 11:52:28 am »
Poisoned?! Damion spit the soup out and started coughing as if he had choked. Soldiers? Poison? Snipers? What had he gotten himself into?

"What are we going to do," Damion asked quietly. "I only got knives. I don't carry a gun. I've never even used one."

Vixus

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2014, 05:11:06 am »
"Well, we do what we have done... It's a sniper, he can't shoot both of us. I'm probably the prime target since I'm trained. And frankly, the snipers here suck. They can only shoot form short distance."
Just then a sphere about 1/2" in diameter (the size of a shooter in marbles) popped through the window and rolled across the table. It didn't shatter the window, the shot simply cut clean through.
"Oh... that's their tactic" Mikey said with a bored and perhaps disappointed look on his face. "It's a smoke bomb. I hope it's something worth the trouble and turns out to be something legit... like mustard gas."

The sphere made a clicking sound and started spewing a pale grey smoke.
"Nope... just smoke. I'll go see how Barb is."

Wicked Basket

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2014, 05:20:35 am »
Mustard gas? Why would he want that? Damion was a criminal and cook, not a soldier. This was way beyond him. When Mike left he didn't know what to do. He didn't feel like he should just keep sitting there next to the broken window, so he got up and sat down on the floor behind the seat so that he was hidden.

"How you doing, Veronica," he asked.

Vixus

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2014, 05:49:23 am »
"I'm doing okay. It happens every time we go out... I wish they would just leave us alone."
A few shots are heard coming from the back of the kitchen, and Mikey returns holding a man by his shirt collar.
       "Now, I have told you guys this a hundred times. *sigh* We are registered here, and I don't know haw many governments Have recognized us as a non-threat. Get out, tell your boss that he's making an enemy out of a friend, and that if we are attacked one more time... I WILL HIRE MIRCS! Your military is prehistoric and is practically unarmed against me. Stop trying to kill me and I WON"T KEEP KILLING YOU!"

He continues to haul the poor conscript to the door while giving a lecture, and when he's done, He boot's the young man out the door with a final huff.

"I think they'll leave us alone for now. Let's eat!" He walks over to the table and pinches the smoke bomb between his fingers- deactivating it. "The government here drives me nuts. They never know when they simply can't win."

Wicked Basket

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2014, 05:56:37 am »
Damion sighed and sat back down on his seat.

"Shouldn't we get some food that's not poisoned first," he asked.

This whole thing sounded pretty complicated. Why did those guys even have a problem with mages anyway? Damion had met plenty of mages in his lifetime and none of them were that bad, usually. Sure there was one or two that were evil, but isn't there always? Why would they think that a little girl is any kind of threat anyway? The only threat was them trying to attack Veronica. They are the ones that should be arrested if anything.

Vixus

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2014, 06:16:07 am »
The same grey-haired lady hobbles back to the table with a tray, and a couple menus. She took the bowls on the tray and placed a menu at each place. "Enjoy, Michael. I always wonder ho you make it through these things. You have been quite resilient your self young man..." She says wagging a 2 inch finger nail at Damion.

When Barbra leaves for the kitchen, mike relaxes just a little bit. "I'm sure they're done bothering us... What'da want? Her husband Miles makes anything taste amazing."

Wicked Basket

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2014, 06:33:24 am »
"Big deal," Damion muttered. "So could I."

That wasn't intended to be heard by anyone, but it could have been. Then again, cooking was better than getting shot at, but he kind of just wanted to relax at the moment. He picked up the menu and started reading what was on it, hoping that no one had heard him, especially Veronica. She would undoubtedly make a scene.

Vixus

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2014, 08:39:55 am »
Veronica who was laying her head on the table, heard the comment and giggled a bit. "So that's where you learned to use those knives?"

Mike didn't hear the comment because his ears were ringing from shooting without ear protection (he thinks it's for fools, and he's used to the subtle noise), but when Veronica said it, he automatically put two and two together to make three. "Oh, you can cook eh? Looking for a job?"

Wicked Basket

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2014, 09:17:59 am »
"Not exactly," Damion replied taking out one of his knives and examining it. "I learned on the streets, out of necessity."

When Mikey asked him if he was looking for a job, he lowered his menu and looked at him.

"Well, money is always good. Where?"

Vixus

« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2014, 05:56:28 am »
"The couple here is always looking for an extra hand. They can get busy during certain hours.. we came in on an off hour."

If you look around, there are about fifteen seats and tables and a dinner bar with 7 stools, there are about  5 patrons found in the diner not including us.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2014, 06:00:47 am »
"It certainly is an off hour," Damion agreed looking around the small restaurant. "I don't know how long I'll be staying here though. There are still plenty of places I haven't been to yet."

Vixus

« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2014, 08:15:30 am »
Just then, Barbra returns to take orders with a tray of drinks. "If you ever change your mind, we will be here. Now, what would you like?"

Wicked Basket

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2014, 08:24:44 am »
Damion set down his menu and decided to try something.

"You wouldn't allow me to go back there and make it myself would you," Damion. "Free of charge, of course. And I would still pay full price for it. I just want to keep my hand in."

Vixus

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2014, 08:34:48 am »
(ooc: say what????)

Wicked Basket

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2014, 08:45:19 am »
(OOC He is asking if he can go back and do some cooking himself to assure himself that he still can.)

Vixus

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2014, 08:55:53 am »
(OOC: ahhhh. I see.)
"Most certainly." Barbra responds, and takes mike and Veronica's orders. Mikey chooses sliders and some salad, while veronica has a sub and some soup.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2014, 09:19:01 am »
Damion got up and rubbed his hands together.

"Alright. Let's see if I still know how to do this," he said. "Veronica doesn't want to watch does she? I'm sure she's dying to see me actually cook something."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal