Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Friendship lives forever (PM Vixus)  (Read 5628 times)

Vixus

Re: Little Girlie looking for a friend (PM Vixus: open)
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 05:19:00 am »
"That's nice, but why don't you want people knowing?"Veronica asks.
They are nearing the more civilized area of the uncivilized frontier. the buildings are becoming taller, and closer together, and the duo is receiving more and more sideways looks from passers-by. A couple pods of rough looking men standing in corners follow the group with their eyes- speaking in hushed tones. one is over heard.
"leave 'er alone... clearly that guy's already got dibs. an' he looks like I wo' 'una tangle with him."

a couple billion miles away, the sound of this comment reaches mike's ears on his end of the subtle connection between the brother/sister pair. The connection has never been this direct, something must be wrong. He pushes the craft as fast as he can get it, ready to intervene on whatever my be happening to his sister.

(OOC: Be prepared to be thoroughly thanked for your service... not now, but toward the end of the story)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:39:56 am by Vixus »

Wicked Basket

Re: Little Girlie looking for a friend (PM Vixus: open)
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2014, 05:28:01 am »
"Cooking isn't necessarily a very manly thing to do," he explained. "Ted used to tell me that women liked a man who could cook, but I think he was just saying that."

While the mention of Ted used to bring him sadness, it didn't anymore. He had figured out that remebering how Ted lived rather than how he died made him feel better. Ted might be dead, but he would always be alive to Damion.

Damion continued to keep his eye on all of the ruffians. They were talking about him and Veronice. By the sound of it, one of them thought that the two of them were a couple and that he didn't want to fight him. Well, at least he looked intimidating. If them thinking that he and Veronica were a couple kept them away, they he would let them think that. Damion wasn't looking for trouble, but he could easily deal with it if they did find trouble.

Vixus

Re: Friendship lives forever (PM Vixus)
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2014, 05:55:04 am »
Although it appears to the ruffians that Damian may be a bounty hunter who claimed a good prize, Veronica could pick up a lot of the conversations because of he sensitive pointy ears. they began to scare her, and she tugs on his arm, getting close to him her wide eyes showing definite fear.

"I think cooking is a good skill for a man, my brother taught me how to cook. He says he wishes he could cook when he is on duty. He told me that when he's working, they have a cook that works for the fleet. He says that they have to eat the fleet food."

Wicked Basket

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2014, 06:54:37 am »
Damion moved Veronica in front of himself so that he could keep an eye on her better in response to her tugging on his arm.

"That's why it's so easy for me to hitch rides," Damion told her. "I cook real food, not fleet food."

Damion kept his eye on the ruffians as they continued to walk. His criminal instincts were telling him that this wasn't the best idea, but he ignored them. What could happen?

Vixus

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2014, 08:47:29 am »
In his embrace, Veronica felt more comfortable, she continued along, and became a bit hungry. She remembered a small restaurant in the area. "Speaking of food, there's a small diner around here. I have a little bit of credit my brother gives me for when he can't come home"

A group of burly men are slinking behind, sticking close to buildings and hanging back a measurable distance. It was lead by a tall thin man with a metal arm that has sharp-looking digits on it. They didn't look like they were looking for trouble, but around here you simply never know. The were closing in at a considerable pace.

(OOC: got ur knives ready? ((and no, it's not them)))

Wicked Basket

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2014, 08:53:34 am »
(OOC My knives are always ready.)

Damion followed behind Veronica as she led him to the diner she had mentioned. Getting the feeling that he was being watched, Damion looked over his shoulder and noticed a small group of unfriendly looking individuals trailing them. Damion decided not to tell Veronica about them so as to not worry her, but he would definitely keep his eyes on them.

"Lead the way," he told her.

Vixus

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2014, 09:15:08 am »
She stopped for a moment and put her finger to her chin in thought. "it's... up ahead and then a turn right."
The group of thugs continue past them, eyes fixed on another target. Once the two reach the place where they turn, A group of horses come charging out of nowhere- one has a plasma pistol and lands a shot the misses Veronica's leg by only an inch. Another of the trio of riders has a sword, and rides past Damian, aiming for his shoulder. They were clearly looking for trouble. In a society where magic is banned, an elf will have a hard time explaining why she doesn't have some sort of chip, and they found her. The third was a wizard, probably on orders from a Mordecai. The trio began to circle back for the two, what in the world would happen?

(OOC, man with sword = Mordecai)

Wicked Basket

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2014, 09:26:09 am »
Damion immediately shielded Veronica with himself and ducked under the sword. What the hell was going on? Turning around to face their assailants, Damion saw them preparting to make another pass. With a simple flick of his wrists, knives shot out of his sleeves and into his hands. Damion wasted no time in flinging at the horse-riding trio when they began charging again.

Vixus

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 10:24:04 am »
One knife hit the wizard in the shoulder, causing him to slump over on his horse. The second knife was dodged by the leading rider with the pistol. Veronica searched the aria for a tree or something to use. There were merely some weeds, and she used her magic to grow them into a snare. The front rider had the unlucky fortune of finding the snare, and his horse got caught by it's front hoof, causing to to crumple forward. She tried to use her power to make some sort of barrier to defend them from the horses as they went past the second time, but she couldn't do anything.

She pulls on Damian's arm signalling him to come. She runs down the street that came at a 90 degree angle, the one that the diner is on. There is an abandoned building on the left side, it's boarded up, but can still be entered if they act quickly.

(Oh joy... how am I going to get us out of this sticky situation I created? Sometimes I'm too creative for my own good. If you want to do some narration, or if you get a bit tired of it, just let me know.)

Wicked Basket

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 10:31:09 am »
Though it was not in his nature to run away, Damion reluctantly followed behind Veronica. The moment he saw the abandoned building, he knew what she had in mind. Drawing another one of his many knives, he pried off the lowest board that was blocking the door.

"Get in," Damion urged. "Quickly."

Vixus

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 10:41:24 am »
Veronica dives into the building, and crawls forward so that Damian can get through. She is breathing quickly, she had no idea that Damian had knives. She saw what he could do with them and it startled her, but looking back, she is glad that he had them. She was beginning to wonder what she got herself into by wandering out a little bit.

(I'm leaving on the weekend, but I might be at the library to continue... maybe. Anyway, I think it would be cool to play hot potato with narration- that means it's your turn. Have you ever narrated an RP?)

Wicked Basket

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 10:44:38 am »
(OOC Not really.)

Damion dove into the building, rolled, and was immediately back on his feet and facing the door. He flipped his knife into a backwards grip and waited. After a few seconds of silence, he stood up straight again.

"I think we're safe for now," he said.

Vixus

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 07:36:20 am »
"I think so too." She said, she was huddled in the corner of the room, trying to keep as far from the entrance as she can. "Who are those people?" she asks, she clearly hasn't been far from the house, even with her brother at her side.

(ooc: I can teach you, it's pretty simple-ish)

Wicked Basket

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 08:28:04 am »
"I'm not sure," Damion told her. "But they are definitely not friendly."

Damion twirled the knife between his fingertips and then put it back in its place. He wasn't sure what was going on, but something was definitely fishy here. Why would three random guys on horses attack them? They had guns and Damion only had knives. Not the best odds, but so far he was winning considering he hit one of them.

"We'll just stay put a few minutes longer to make sure that they're gone."

Vixus

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 09:04:10 am »
"Okay" she answers as she stands up. She calmed down a bit but wasn't ready to venture out any time soon anyway.

Just then, shadows began to crawl across the walls from outside. Something is out there... whatever it is- is trained to be silent. There are more shadows crawling through the cracks. Veronica freezes in horror. If the two are discovered, they may not have a way out.

(ooc: don't put that knife away.)
(ooc: PS: I feel like a damned liability.)

Wicked Basket

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 09:10:01 am »
(OOC You are :) )

When Veronica froze in terror yet again, Damion's knife was instantly in his hand again. Then he saw the shadows. Something was out there. Damion crept over to the window and tried to peer between the boards to see what was out there, but saw nothing. He moved to the center of the room and motioned for Veronica to join him.

"The worst place to be in a room when someone is after you is the corner," he explained. "You can't get trapped if your standing in the middle."

Vixus

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 10:49:46 am »
Veronica crept over to where Damian was standing, and joined him there in the center. His voice alerted the shadows outside. Suddenly, the shadows became loud with men yelling and hollering. The door and boarded window were kicked in, and a group of five men dressed head to toe in moderate tech armor barge in cutting off both exits. All but one are carrying rifles and all wear tactical armor. (OOC: similar to that worn today by US and other military) The fifth- without a rifle- carried a pistol and a knife.

Only miles away now, Mikey is requesting permission to land. He doesn't receive it, so decides to skip diplomacy all together... since he is a half-citizen anyway. He drops out of hyper-space and enters the atmosphere, locking onto the coordinates of his house.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 11:56:44 am »
Well, this was just wonderful. Damion put himself between Veronica and soldiers, tightening his grip on his knife.

"What do you want," Damion asked with authority.

Vixus

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2014, 04:48:00 am »
Veronica tried to ensnare the intruders with a vine trap, but of course there was a Mordecai in the lot so it didn't work. The man in front, the leader (who happens to be a Mordecai) pointed behind Damian and answered his question with a filtered voice. "'Er, She has unreee-stricted magic. She is a danger to the state."

---------------
Now even closer to the site, Michael has landed in a flat area of desert near the hut. He barges into the hut as quickly as he can (without breaking anything) and see's a second chair. Something is up, and he doesn't like it. He finds a trail in the dust, it's fading- but it's there. Once the trail is easy to follow, he begins charging along the path. His voice is rasping in the face guard that replaces the standard regulation helmet (that doesn't support his elven ears).
---------------

"He's here" Veronica realizes. Although Damian doesn't know it, the cavalry is coming.

Wicked Basket

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2014, 04:55:19 am »
Damion looked back at Veronica with a confused look on his face and then turned back to the Mordecai.

"She hardly seems dangerous," Damion replied. "If you take even one step toward her you'll find out who the dangerous one really is."

Damion drew a second knife and twirled the blades around between his fingertips to show them that he knew very well how to use them. Sure they had guns, but he had knives. He had won gun fights with knives before, just not against so many opponents. This would be interesting if it got nasty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal