Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Whirlwinds of Fun! (Rina!)  (Read 565 times)

Anonymous

Whirlwinds of Fun! (Rina!)
« on: October 05, 2010, 08:53:26 pm »
BZZT! BZZT! BZZT!

Nelson rolled away from the sound "Ugh...Go away."

BZZT! BZZT! BZZT!

He took one of his pillows and pressed it onto the side of his head. Why wasn't the noise going away? He sat up groggily and took a look around the room. Everything was blurry and wavy and - right. Nelson rubbed at his eyes before reaching over to grab his glasses off the small stand next to his bed. He put them on and sat there, wanting to go back to sleep.

After a few more seconds of his alarm yelling at him, he turned it off and went to get ready for his day. One of the things that he never really got used to over his candidacy how retardedly early a guy was forced to start the day. Nelson had never experienced the morning's version of five and he never got used to it. Not that he had much of a choice, really, but he longed to go back to his days of sleeping the day away.

Today, however, he had things to do. Things besides the normal training and occasional dragon-brain-rape. Those were always fun. But that wouldn't happen today (hopefully)! Today, him and Sabela were going to check out a joint were a group of radicals supposedly hid at. It promised to either be very interesting or very dull. Nelson wasn't quite sure which he wanted it to be.

Habit made Nelson's showers short and he was out the door by the time drilled into him from candidacy. From there, it was a short trip down to the garage. It still felt a little weird to live in the Citadel. Not that he was complaining, the ATC was a pain to get around in, but it had been more familiar, more like homely. That would change with time, he knew, but it didn't stop him from worrying about going the right way.

A quick scan opened the door to the Citadel's garages. His mentor didn't seem to be there yet, so he grabbed a set of car keys from the attendant and proceeded to wait for her. If he'd have thought about it, Nelson might have been able to grab a coffee on the way down. Oh well, probably too late now.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:11:32 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

Re: Whirlwinds of Fun! (Rina!)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 11:08:16 am »
Sabela was not a morning person. She never was and probably never would be. Having to get up extra early so she had time to get ready didn't help much either. Boys had it so much easier. But even for a mission that could end up in a fire fight, Sabela had to look good. Her blond hair was pulled back into a ponytail and her clothes tight and chic.

Sipping on her shitty coffee, Sabela entered the garage and her eyes alighted on Nelson. Gods above, but for all the steps she had made him take on his appearance, he still just wasn't there yet. Why was looking good so difficult for some people? Whatever. He was still so much better than he used to be.

"Good morning." Sabela yawned and slid into the passenger seat of the car, checking her make up in the mirror, "You all set?" Sabela paused, looking over at him, "Nelson...did you not get a weapon?" With a sigh, Sabela slid back of the car, "We are going to take on a group of potential rebels. Guns make that so much easier."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 02:37:31 pm »
Nelson returned the pleasantry, covering his mouth as her yawn made him to the same. He never understood why that happened, and he probably never would, but damn if it wasn't curious. He started the car as she checked her makeup. There was another thing that he would probably never get: why some women put such stock into painting their face but others didn't touch the stuff. Of course, women were women. It was much easier to try to understand an atom than to try to figure a woman out.

His attention was brought back to the present when Sabela spoke again. He glanced down at his waist. He had forgotten a weapon. He didn't really need one, his psionics should be enough, but he didn't argue. He'd learned that much, at least. "You're just always looking out for me, aren't you Sabela?" Was he being sarcastic? Maybe. She did bring up a good point though. He didn't know what they were going to face and people tended to be more cooperative when they had a gun at their face, no matter what else he could do.

Nelson slid out of the car. "Don't fancy to wait in the car? It shouldn't take too long for me to get something or did you forget one too?" He kept pace next to her. "So what are we diving into anyway? I wasn't too clear on the specifics of the mission." Truthfully, he was just glad to be able to get out and do something like this; being the errand-boy for just about every Pilot in the Citadel wasn't something he enjoyed.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 09:12:58 pm »
Sabela gave Nelson a sharp glance as his thoughts slid into her mind and her lips pursed, "Do you have a problem with my make up candidate?" So what that she liked to look good? At least she didn't let herself go like half the pilots here.

She gave a small sigh and shook her head, "Nelson, really. We are going into a real mission. This is not a safe place, there are no do overs. Your psionics? Are never enough. You always, always, always go in with as much in your favor as you possibly can." She flicked her finger at Nelson and a tendril of telekinetics smacked lightly against the boy's forehead.

"I hate waiting. It's dull and boring." She tapped the gun she had strapped to her thigh, "I love my gun. Not all of us are blessed with a lot of power. And we are driving into a group of suspected terrorists. They are some weird religious cult that believes they are saving the dragons from us by bringing down the system. Don't ask, I don't know how that works either. It's religion, it never makes sense.

"But they are suspected of getting their hands on some possible psychic kids. We are going to get the kids and shut the cult down. We don't know much about what kind of powers the kids are packing or how powerful they are. So be careful."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 05:16:53 pm »
Nelson blinked at the Pilot for a second before it clicked on how she had picked up his thoughts and he shielded his mind. It was such an annoying thing to have to do. "I've no problem with your makeup. I just don't see the need." He waved a dismissive hand. "I'll just take your word that it's a good thing."

He refrained from rubbing the spot where she had mind-thumped him. Her point was valid, though. Why win when you could decimate? Hopefully he wouldn't have to use the gun; he rarely got the chance to practice his abilities on live targets.

"Hmm." Save the dragons? From the Pilots? What were those people on? If they were crazy enough to believe that, he probably would have to be careful. Who knew what kind of idiotic stunts they would try to pull. Still, it should be relatively easy to wipe them out, psychic kids or no. They didn't have the training Sabela and he had and they sure as hell didn't have his powers.

It would be a piece of cake.

They rounded a corner and the armory came into view. "Hey Sabela, what kind of gun do you think I should get? Pistol? Assault Rifle? Sniper? Laser or bullet?" He stood looking at the guns, setting his thumb against his front teeth. There was such a wide assortment of them, it was almost too hard to choose. Almost.

The Candidate settled for an assault rifle and a pistol. One light on fire, one heavy; bullet for the first, laser for the second. Should work out nicely. After filling out the necessary paperwork, he fastened the pistol holder to his hip, hoisted the rifle, and gave his mentor a toothy grin. "I've got my toys now, Mom. Can I go out and play now?"

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:20:08 am »
Men. Of course he would pick the rifle. It was so big and phallic, never mind they were going into a city fight, where those lasers would go right through walls and probably kill neighbors. Not that Sabela was planning on stopping him, that was his choice.

If Nelson had put a little more into his appearance, he would have been so good. And Sabela would have been sleeping with him. Such a waste. The blond smiled at him, "Yes yes. So proud of yourself. Now come along baby."

He was so cocky, it worried her. Yes, having a powerful ability was great, but it wasn't all you needed. They were still human and there were a lot of things that could kill them. She hoped he would learn before he got killed.

Her long legs ate up the hallway as she talked, expecting Nelson to pace her, "Now, keep in mind, darling little candidate, we are going into a real battle. With people that want to kill you, and even poorly trained psychics can be very dangerous. Don't ever underestimate your opponent."

Back in the garage, Sabela took her seat again, snagging the coffee she had left in the car. Heavenly, even for crap Citadel coffee. She waved her hand, settling back into the seat, "Now, do that driving thing. It's in the lower levels."

Public transportation was so much nicer than driving. Sabela hated driving, but, well, taking the subway to a mission just lacked that certain something.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:34:31 pm »
Nelson's grin grew slightly and he followed the Pilot, resting his rifle on his shoulder. He kept pace with her pretty easily. "Yes, mom. I'll make sure to play safe and get them before they get me." He ran his freehand through his hair. "Seriously though, I know that a bullet can kill me just as easily as it can kill them." It was pretty basic physics after-all: A high-velocity object would always rip through a thin layer of fluff.

When they got back to the car, Nelson set his rifle in the backseat before getting into the driver's seat. "'Do that driving thing?'" He mimicked as he fastened his belt. "You really don't like driving, do you?" Probably something to do with the stress of driving causing wrinkles or something silly like that. He was glad that he had managed to resist Sabela's attempts at fashioning him up. Or, as far as he was able to at least.

She had been very persistent and orders were orders, even if he did think they were pointless.

Nelson started the car and hooked up his NQ4 player. "Remember, since I have to drive, I get to pick the music." He wasn't too sure if she was a fan of techno or not but he couldn't really stand any other kind of music. He flipped to a fast paced song, gave it some gas, and headed out into the city. It was his first mission and it started out so...normal. It was a little disappointing.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 07:23:48 pm »
"Nope. It's unpleasant." Sabela just didn't enjoy it, which, she supposed was odd. She normally liked control, but she disliked the physical act of driving. There was just to much stop and go and it irritated her. So she avoided it when she didn't need too.

"Oh please. I would have thought you would have learned that wasn't true by now. Rank has privileges." Sabela snagged the player, direction Nelson as he drove, "You have awful taste in music-ooh. This one isn't bad."

She settled on the music, watching the city drive by, "Just make sure you keep your head in the game." Kid was probably going to be shot. Well, that would be interesting. She should be able to handle everything without him, though there were supposed to be some police there to back them up. Sabela was there to deal with the potential psychic kids.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 05:09:12 pm »
(Droped due to lack of a reply)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal