Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Salutations  (Read 326 times)

Caliburnus

Salutations
« on: January 21, 2018, 03:34:08 pm »
Greetings my fellow architects.  I go by Cali.  You are welcome to call me that, Caliburn, or Caliburnus.  My name was chosen because Caliburnus is the Latin name for Excalibur and I happen to be a fan of Arthurian Legend.  I am also a big fan of other sagas and legendary ballads and stories such as the Völsunga Saga, the Nibelungenlied, the Irish/Scottish Folklore (Cycle/Branch), and Brythonic Mythology (Welsh, Breton, Cornish).  Much of my writing hints at legendary works such as The story of Sétanta (CúChulainn).

Quote from: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Excalibur, or Caliburn, is the legendary sword of King Arthur, sometimes also attributed with magical powers or associated with the rightful sovereignty of Great Britain. Sometimes Excalibur and the Sword in the Stone (the proof of Arthur's lineage) are said to be the same weapon, but in most versions they are considered separate. Excalibur was associated with the Arthurian legend very early. In Welsh, it is called Caledfwlch; in Cornish, Calesvol; in Breton, Kaledvoulc'h; and in Latin, Caliburnus.

I enjoy discussions on religion, philosophy, science (Physics/Cosmology/Technology/Biology), history, and culture.  I am a fair artist but I currently am without a tablet so any art I do is with a mouse.  I am fairly versed in those subjects.

I am likely older than most of the other members of this forum.  I'm former military, married, and have three kids.  I am a combat veteran.  I would be happy to join in.  Currently I have an open thread up.  Everyone is welcome even if you are there to cause havoc and blow shit up.  I would also be open to plot discussion.  Feel free to hit me up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal