Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Stuck In Limbo Plot Idea?  (Read 554 times)

Stardancer

Stuck In Limbo Plot Idea?
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:15:23 pm »
So, I've got an awesome? idea for a thread. How about one where the characters get whisked off to Limbo and have to try to escape or risk being transformed into corrupted beings aka lost souls of this place? The plot would take place in 'Open Space' since Limbo is technically a kind of pocket dimension that exists nowhere and everywhere at once. The general theory is that there is some kind of rift growing somewhere in the Wastelands with many disappearances being heard about. The rift would be due to dark magics that have allowed to fester there from an old fortress that used to be located in that area, but as the decades march on, it is growing at an alarming rate. Characters would first need to find a method of escape and then they would need to figure out how to close the rift so no one else gets sucked inside.

I have the first post typed up but before I post it for real, I want to check interest level here. Post here if interested and I'll set it up!

Keywords: Suspense, Mystery, Supernatural Forces

Stardancer

Re: Stuck In Limbo Plot Idea?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:41:44 am »
Since a couple people have expressed interest in this idea, I posted what I have for it under the Wastelands, even if the majority of the plot takes place in a non-canon location. However, since it technically begins and ends in the Wastelands I put the thread there for convenience, instead of Open Space as originally decided.

The thread can be found here and is need of players!
http://remnants.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=5687.0

Hope to see you join in!

Stardancer

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 11:53:14 pm »
Bump.

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 10:10:03 pm »
Ooh, this sounds really cool!  I have to go to sleep right now, but I'll be back tomorrow to read more about it and check out the thread~!

Stardancer

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 12:22:12 am »
Yay for more interest! I am hoping to get no more than 4-5 players total participating. One person has already responded so another one or two people would be great.

Annnnnnd.... Having given some thought as to exactly how this all will pan out, here are the deets so we're all on the same page.

Characters find the same ghostly temple that Tessa is currently exploring right now. The layout of the temple is that it contains one hallway with three doors inside: one on the left, one on the right, and one at the end of the hallway itself. The first two doors will be unlocked and each will contain a stone pillar with clues on it. So basically the words on the pillars will be scrambled up in a cryptic format and characters will have to figure out what it's saying by unscrambling the words engraved. The first pillar in room 1 will describe that characters will have to find a spectral key of some sort somewhere in Limbo. That's to get past the locked door at the end of the hall. The second pillar in room 2 will also have scrambled words to decipher their meaning and it will tell them they need to find an orb of some kind, again elsewhere in Limbo. That's to activate something inside room 3, behind the locked door.

Once those two objects are found in very perilous locations of course, characters can then go through the door at the end of the hallway. Inside they will discover a circle of runes which basically mean 'to return home'. Activating the orb inside the circle of runes will return all characters back to the mortal plane, in other words, back in the Teinari Wastelands.

However before activating the orb and circle of runes, there are two other things of interest in room 3. Another stone pillar describing a black crystal to close the rift (again in a scrambled script) and then a pedestal directly behind the rune circle which will have the black crystal sitting on top of it. Characters should also take the black crystal before they leave Limbo. Once they return back home, all they would need to do is throw the black crystal into the rift and its magic will seal the rift instantly. Quest solved, everyone's happy.

Of course, none of this is going to be easy. Finding the locations which contain these objects will be difficult, not only because Limbo is so endless and vast, and only contains three distinct landmarks, their exact locations may shift around if characters take too long. So yeah, trudge through endless gray wastes, find the locations and objects needed to return home and close the rift for good will be a trying endeavor for all characters involved. Add to that there is a small window of time in which to get all this accomplished.

Confused yet? I'll try to explain better if anyone has any questions or concerns. And I did mention the locations themselves will be dangerous, but I won't explain exactly what unless someone asks.

But yeah, definitely hoping more people will show interest since I'm on a roll! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal