Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: It wasn't me. |: [TALLY!]  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

It wasn't me. |: [TALLY!]
« on: February 05, 2014, 04:49:20 pm »
Short of getting summoned to the Axis Point, this was the worst message Gabriel could have gotten. A message from Gregory Chastain, Pilot Imperial, to see him in his office. Now.

Gabriel stared at the message on his phone for several long seconds. This felt like being a candidate all over again, complete with sweaty palms and a lump in his throat. Oh gods. It could be anything, the only question was what and how screwed was he?

He closed his phone and started to walk, quickly, because being late would only make things worse and...and it didn't necessarily have to be something bad, right? Maybe Gregory had good news! Or important news! Or something! Maybe this was about those stupid consensual relationship yadda yadda papers he'd had to sign. Maybe he'd done the paperwork wrong! Or something!

But just to cover his ass, he paused before he reached Gregory's office and sent off a text.

Roman
12:52pm

being summoned 2 gregorys D:
jsyk if i die i wanna b cremated not buried ok?
turn my ashes n2 a diamond & wear it near ur <3
donate my organs 2 science
specially my eyes
ive got great eyes
ilu kiss kiss~ <3

Then, brushing the wrinkles out of his shirt (a World of Warlocks shirt, argh! Gregory caught him while he was out running errands!) he knocked on his office door, waited, and tried to look stoic instead of "I'm gonna shit myself".
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

Re: It wasn't me. |: [TALLY!]
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51:32 pm »
Roman's text came back:

Try to exude confidence.
He can smell fear.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 05:00:11 pm »
That was so not helpful. Gabriel took a deep breath and sent off a reply, looking anxiously at the door as he typed, because he did not want to get caught texting--oh wow that was such a candidate thing to think, jeez.

then i am fuckin potpourri rn
but ok
confidence activatin
i got this
no fear

He rolled his shoulders back, stood up straighter, and stared at the door.

Confidence! Yeah!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »
Paris sat at the reception desk, humming quietly to himself as he sorted the Imperial's mail.  The psychic call snapped into his head, the Imperial allowing Pilot Tierney entry.

He leaned forward toward the Pilot, too intently he thought, but by the time he realized he was staring it was a little too late to rectify.  The pull of people's emotions did that to him, made him feel like he was peering into a bright tunnel.  "He's ready for you now, sir."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 02:00:01 am »
[For you @Tally]

Okay, creepy kid was staring at him now. That was not making this situation any less nerve-wracking. And when Paris announced that the Imperial was ready, it was almost a relief just to escape that stare.

Almost.

"Thanks, kid," Gabriel said, and rubbed his palms on his pants and took a deep breath. Right. Confidence. No fear. No wafting potpourri fumes of terror. He had this.

With another deep breath in and out, he went through the door and shut it behind him before facing the Imperial's desk. He stood at attention, face blank and serious as he could make it, and looked toward Gregory. "Good evening, your Imperialness. Uh. Sir."

Nailed it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 11:41:13 pm by Tally »

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 11:53:42 am »
Your Imperialness?   Off to an interesting start.

Gregory looked Tierney over, the quick and calculating sweep he gave to every subordinate, a not-quite-cursory evaluation of their posture, clothes, hair.  Tierney passed well enough.  "At ease."

He sat behind a massive desk.  Anything smaller would have looked odd considering his height and size.  Stark and simple decorations adorned the Imperial's office and they all told one story—glory to Aedolis at any cost.  The tablet in Gregory's hands told a story, too.  An unfortunate one, for Tierney.  Gregory flicked past a couple of screens, collecting the last of his thoughts.

"You've mentored four candidates in your career so far," he said, musing.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 06:10:10 pm »
Gabriel did not like where this was going, and though Gregory told him to stand at ease, his 'at ease' posture wasn't very...at ease. He let his arms drop to his sides and made an effort at relaxing his shoulders, which kept wanting to rise up around his ears.

"Ah, yes, sir, that's correct. Four candidates."

Offline Tally

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 06:54:02 pm »
Gregory had a fair idea of where this was going.  Truthfully, it was all something of a formality.  He'd made up his mind already, and while it was not impossible that Teirney might change it, he did think it rather unlikely.  He did not come to decisions lightly or lacking in conviction.

"Candidate Ackbar badgered you to accept sexual therapy from her.  Your thoughts on how you responded?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 07:19:52 pm »
The blood rushed to Gabriel's face and his eyes widened. Oh shit. Oh shit. This was definitely not where he'd thought this was going, and definitely not something he wanted to discuss. Ever.

"I, uh, well, that was...um...really inappropriate," he said, and wanted to kick himself for how lame that sounded. He wiped his palms off on his pants. "And, uh, nothing happened. Y'know. No, uh...inappropriate things, if that's what you're thinking. Awkward as hell, though 'cause, y'know. She's a candidate. A kid! And hell, all due respect, sir, but I'm gay, and even if I wasn't, she's my sister's age. That's just...really gross."

Offline Tally

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 07:22:58 pm »
Gregory leveled his gaze at Tierney and kept it there.  "That is not what I asked you."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 07:57:39 pm »
Gabriel shrank a little under that hard stare. "It could have gone better..."

Offline Tally

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 02:59:42 pm »
"In that, we are in agreement."

Gregory sighed and leaned back in his chair then, flicking over a couple more screens to the profile of the next candidate on his list.

"And Alaina.  The one that died.  I've spent more time than that waste of resources deserves trying to unravel this mess and I still don't know what I'm looking at.  Do you have anything that might enlighten me?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 03:13:28 pm »
Gabriel felt himself tense, felt his hands curl into fists. "What the--? Waste of resources? She wasn't just--how can you--she was a good person! And she had potential! And--" He clamped his teeth together before he could say too much and took a breath in and out through his nose. He would never get used to that. Never get used to the way some spoke of candidates like...like commodities.

And Alaina, who died right in front of him...

Another deep breath. When he spoke, it was an effort not to speak through grit teeth. "Sir, she was murdered. I don't know how, or why, but I was there when it happened. One second she was alive, and we were talking, and the next she...she dropped dead. The attack was untraceable. Gospel activity was suspected."

Offline Tally

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 03:24:32 pm »
He let Tierney finish.  Gregory didn't ask that every Pilot in Aedolis have an ironclad control over their mouths, but he did ask that those who didn't stayed away from candidates.

After giving Tierney a chance to calm down, he got to his point.  "Do you understand, Pilot Tierney, why an emotional attachment powerful enough to cause this kind of outburst at a superior officer may not be entirely beneficial?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 10:19:28 am »
Gabriel bit his lip, stomach sinking. "Uh...yeah...sorry, sir."

Offline Tally

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »
Sorry?  What a pitiful fucking joke.

"Then I am sure you will understand why I have rescinded your access to the candidate program effective immediately."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 06:33:35 pm »
"I--pardon?" Gabriel froze, and his stomach sank even lower.

Offline Tally

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2015, 11:42:42 pm »
"Your mentoring clearance has been revoked, Pilot Tierney," he said again.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 01:42:13 pm »
Gabriel just stood there. Frozen, hearing the words, registering them, but...

Oh fuck...

"...Forever?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 10:01:56 pm »
"We'll see."

Gregory stood, an obvious dismissal.  Tierney no doubt needed to process things.  He could do it on his own time.

"Pilot Letendre already has the docs on your candidates.  Further action from you is not required.  Carry on, Echo."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal