Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Piss Hole [Nix!]  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Tally

The Piss Hole [Nix!]
« on: May 14, 2012, 12:00:30 am »
The Piss Hole.  Chapel hadn't been here in awhile, hadn't needed the booze or the intel that could be found within.  Things changed, though.

The woman he'd met, that fortune teller, hadn't unnerved him so much as made him restless.  Made him feel like there was something he should be doing, if he could only remember it.  Lacking official channels, he turned to this.  Cancer's life blood, the flow of information in dark corners, in alleys and bars and Red District streets.

The conversation dropped when he entered.  There was no hiding who he was, so he didn't try.  Even if he were to chop off the long dreadlocks, there was still the tail, nearly as long as he was tall and distinctive enough to identify him in any crowd on Cancer.  He folded his arms and stared down anyone who looked at him until they all went back to their drinks and their talk.  Only when the noise level had risen back up to normal did he approach the bar.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Nix

Re: The Piss Hole [Nix!]
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 03:30:41 am »
"Captain Chapel Meridia..." Maygen grinned as he finished drying the glass in his hand. "It's been a while since I've seen you here... what can I getcha?" Maygen made a habit of knowing everything that went on around here, and he knew that Chapel wasn't just stopping by for a drink. Still his official job was bartender, so that's what he did, and like everything else he did, he was good at it.

He looked over the tall handsome man and nodded to an empty bar stool for him to sit down on. "Watch that lovely tail of yours though, don't want it to get trampled." Chapel probably scared a lot of people, but not Gen. Gen was a bit bulkier muscle wise, but not by much... Chapel seemed to have a hell of a bod on him. Chapel was a bit taller than Gen but Chapel was also younger. Gen liked pretty young things... and while traditionally Chapel didn't fit into that category, in Maygen's book, he did.

Offline Tally

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:06:10 pm »
He narrowed his eyes at Maygen.  Yes, fine, he had a troublesome tail.  Didn't mean everybody had to bring it up.  He already knew he had to watch it.

"Just give me whatever."  He didn't care.  What to drink was the last thing on his mind, and Maygen would make a better choice anyway.  For all that Chapel put forth an intimidating image, he didn't drink much.  Didn't like the idea of his intellect and judgement being impaired.

He took a seat at the bar and listened.  Not to anyone in particular, but just to the bits of conversation that came to his ears.

Offline Nix

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 11:11:49 pm »
Gen had to smirk a bit as the lovely captain narrowed his eyes at him. It was charming as hell. He set up a glass put in a sugar cube, a few dashes of Angostura bitters, a splash of soda water, muddled the sugar cube, added ice, and then added bourbon to it. A slice of orange, a cherry, and a stir straw and he passed the drink over to Chapel. "It's called an Old Fashioned." Somehow it reminded Gen of Chapel. "Let me know what you think." He said before filling another customer's order and closing out a tab for another customer sitting at the bar.

After a few minutes he came back to Chapel and flashed a grin at the younger man. "So what do you want to know good lookin'? I know I make the best drinks on the Cancer, but I also know you didn't come here to drink."

Offline Tally

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 11:11:21 pm »
Maygen produced some concoction from a mess of ingredients.  Had a good name to it, one he approved of.  His visits to bars were always like this—some fancy drink or imported beer that he'd enjoy well enough but forget by the time he next came back.

"It's fine."  Maygen obviously put some pride into his work, but Chapel wasn't the type to toss out fawning compliments.  It was alcohol, it tasted okay.  That was all he really needed from a drink.

"First, lemme ask you...ever encountered a fortune teller on the station?  Dark skin, talks real cliche-like.  Obviously got some kinda gift, cuz she had a hell of a lot of insight."

Offline Nix

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 02:31:41 am »
"Mhmmm I know the broad." Gen said after a moment of thought, like he had to think about it. He didn't. He knew everyone who came and went on the station. He made it his business to know. "Insight ain't always a gift Chapel, sometimes it's just knowledge... but I know what ya mean about her..." He busied his hands, drying a glass and making a drink order for another customer. "So what do ya wanna know about?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 02:20:56 am »
Chapel raised an eyebrow.  He could just imagine what Akachi would do to Gen if she could hear him call her "the broad".  She'd probably make all his hair fall out or something, knowing that one.

"Yeah."  He sneered as he pondered the profound truth of that statement.  Certainly knowing that this threat existed had done him no good so far.  "I'm beginning to understand that."

He shrugged.  "She couldn't give me much in the way of facts.  Just seemed to think we'd be facing a one hell of a party soon."

Offline Nix

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 11:00:48 pm »
"What sort of 'hell party' we talkin' here? Cause that could be a good boost for the bar." He joked trying to lighten the mood. He knew Chapel was serious and worried, but Gen was far too good at seeming care free to let any worry cross his own face. "Anything I can do fer ya beautiful?" If he could help Chapel with something he'd do it, cause helping Chapel was the same as helping the Cancer. And the Cancer was Gen's home.

Offline Tally

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 12:01:37 am »
Chapel considered, swirling his drink in its glass.  "Just keep an ear out for me.  See what you can uncover.  Especially off-station movements.  The way she talked about it...gave me the impression that whatever it is, it'll hit us from the outside."

Offline Nix

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 05:53:13 pm »
"Aye aye Captain." Gen said seriously despite the silly phrase that just passed his lips. "You oughta know by now that I'd do anythin' fer yer hunk of floating metal here. 'Sides... there's a lotta things I'd do for you personally Lovely..." He said with a grin. It was half to keep up appearances with the other customers and, well more than half serious. He set about filling another drink order while stewing over what Chapel had just implied.

An attack on the Cancer? Was nothing sacred? Well he would have to dig up some info on that from his outside sources. He made two more drinks on autopilot, big grin, automatic mixology reflexes, a flirtatious comment at one costumer and a jab at another, all before returning to the good captain. "Seriously though Babe, will do... and if ya ever want a private drink, ya know some good company and what not... don't be shy."

Offline Tally

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 11:24:18 pm »
Chapel had known Gen for awhile, and before that had known of him for even longer.  This was the first time he ever stopped to wonder if Gen's over the top flirtations might hold a genuine possibility.

Not that it mattered, not right now.  Good thing Gen seemed to know that.

"I'll keep that in mind.  If you dig anything up, you know where to find me."

A path opened up before him as Chapel strode out of the bar.  He had a lot to think about.

Offline Nix

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 12:24:21 am »
"Yep, will do." He said nonchalantly and with a grin, but Chapel probably knew well enough to realize he took it all very seriously. He briefly watched the other male leave, that pretty tail flowing behind him, before turning back to his costumers. He would start gathering intel ASAP, he even had some of his trusted informants in the Hole tonight, not that he would have told Chapel that. Confidentiality was key with these people, and he paid them well enough for it too.

Offline Nix

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 01:40:31 pm »
It was the next evening, and Maygen Shrayd was hurriedly walking to through the Cancer's Gold District. It wasn't his usual stomping grounds but he was let in since he had business with Chapel, and headed straight to the captain. He was told where the captain could be found, since Chapel had been expecting him anyway, not that he didn't know where to find Chapel anyway.

He reached Chapel's door and knocked firmly. "It's Gen." He said after knocking, not waiting for the other to ask who it was or answer the door to find out who it was.

Offline Tally

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 10:20:49 pm »
Chapel was in meeting with his officers when the call came from security that Gen had arrived for him.  The whole lot of them were talking in circles at that point, not getting anywhere or accomplishing a thing, so when he hit the button to open the door for Gen, he called an end to the discussion and waved everyone else out.

He nodded at Gen, but wasn't going to say anything until they were alone.  They were in a conference room just off the bridge, one Chapel use often but that Gen would never have been in before.

Offline Nix

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 10:43:53 pm »
It was always great to see Chapel, or it would be under any other circumstances. He entered the room and watched as the officers filed out of the room. Gen had never been in here but it looked somewhat like he imagined. "It's safe to talk now?" He asked once they were alone, as he approached the captain. His eyes did trail down to that pretty tail briefly, he couldn't help but notice it, no matter the circumstances.

Offline Tally

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 12:35:48 am »
The lot of them took their time filing out, with more than one curious—and in some cases, suspicious—looks shot at Gen.  Chapel naturally had a lot of demands on his time, and no few people looking to get his attention for one thing or another.  There would be plenty of speculation and rumors as to what exactly Gen was doing for him.

"It's secure," he said with a dismissive wave of his hand.  This was about the only truly secure place on Cancer.

He was about to say more, but Gen was staring at his tail.  He gave it a couple jaunty flicks.  "What?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 02:22:55 pm »
Gen saw those little tail flicks and his attention returned to Chapel's face. "Normally I would comment on your lovely tail but we have more serious matters to discuss."

Gen knew from the suspicious looks he received that news of him coming here would be spread around before he even exited the room, but what was actually happening was too important to care if his bar and reputation would suffer from this meeting. "You are familiar with the pharmaceutical company Cayer aren't you Captain?"

Maygen Shrayd prided himself on his ability to always seem at least half joking and light hearted, even when he was beating on people or ruining lives, so to see him so deadly serious was probably quite unsettling.

"Cayer has been running several anti-piracy programs after several of their ships were ransacked, but this has only resulted in a somewhat one sided war between various pirate crews and Cayer Corp. While Cayer has lacked the man and fire power to back up their aspirations of a pirate free space they do have biological weapons they have been secretly developing."

He looked straight at Chapel. "Captain, I have confirmed reports that Cayer tested these weapons on a small pirate vessel in Ametheian space... and that we are their next target."

Offline Tally

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 07:01:11 pm »
Chapel raised a brow at the other man.  His lovely tail, hm?  There were a couple of different ways to take that, neither of which really mattered right then.

As Gen went on, Chapel nodded along and followed but remained silent.  He let Gen finish before he even started really processing the information.  Though his face kept its stoic scowl—a practiced expression for occasions just such as this—a deep weight of dread sank through him.  Nothing Gen said could have alarmed him as much as this did.  This wasn't something they could solve with firepower.  A biological agent could wipe Cancer out.

After dwelling on Gen's words for a bit, Chapel stood up and paced slowly.  "This pirate ship, the one they tested on...do you know the name?  What happened to it?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 12:06:55 am »
Gen had never seen Chapel so nervous, despite the stoic look on his face. Under any other circumstances he would be teasing Chapel, but this was no joking matter. It was gravely serious and they both knew it, no matter how deadpan Chapel tried to be or carefree Gen tried to be.

"The ship is called the Paper Soda and it was seized by Cayer, but it has been reclaimed by my associate and I am having someone trustworthy deliver it to a contact who can conduct tests for us." Gen didn't really want to get in to details on his affiliation with Thanatos. INC but he would tell Chapel whatever he needed to know.

Offline Tally

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:44 pm »
Chapel noted the distinct lack of specific names there.  Discretion had a time and place, and this wasn't one of them.

"What contact?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal