Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Make It Better [Rina!]  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Tally

Make It Better [Rina!]
« on: September 26, 2011, 08:49:17 pm »
Justin held a can of warm, cheap soda in one hand and used the other to hold a wad of cloth to the gaping stab wound in his side.  That wasn't the only hole in him.  A bullet had grazed his thigh and he sported a collection of shallow nicks and cuts from the same knife that had stabbed him.

Good thing he could count on Rook.  Justin breezed past the secretary and banged on the doctor's office door.

"Get your happy ass out here, doc, I need morphine."

He probably didn't, but he would like some.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Make It Better [Rina!]
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 08:55:23 pm »
The door opened and Rook stood there, glowering up at the tall, well built Captain, "Oh. You would, would you? Just make yourself at home. I can just pump you full of drugs and let you bleed all over my new carpet, shall I?"

Tisking, he stepped out of his office and gestured to the operating room, "Now get in there and we'll take a look at you. What happened this time?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 09:06:33 pm »
"Best idea I've heard all day, doc."  Justin took a sip of the soda and let out a belch.  "Buncha kids, needed an etiquette lesson."  He wished he had a more impressive explanation, but it'd been nothing more than a fight.

Being more than passing familiar with the operating room, Justin hopped up on the table and made himself at home.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 09:08:12 pm »
"Ah yes. Nothing teaches the young like impaling yourself with a knife." Rook gloved up and moved Justin's hand out of the way, examining the bleeding wound.

Offline Tally

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 09:09:48 pm »
"Ah yeah you're sooo clever.  Got any ice?"  This warm soda was just not cutting it for him.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 09:12:28 pm »
"This may come as a surprise, but this is actually an operating room, not a diner." Rook made a tisking sound and moved to fill a syringe with painkillers. Just enough to dull the pain, "You'll need stitches and I'll need you to strip down. You have wounds all over the place. Were you going for a record?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 09:14:59 pm »
"Naaah.  It was all a ruse to get my clothes off in your presence."  Justin set the soda can down precariously upon the padded operating table and tore his clothes off.  If it were anyone else he would have clenched his jaw and dealt with the pain but this was Rook, and he didn't hold back his wince as he peeled the shirt away from the stab wound.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 09:17:43 pm »
"I've told you before, all you need is a cheap beer and a passable steak to get naked with me. The shooting is unnecessary. But you never did seem to listen." Rook's eyes roamed over Justin, though currently it wasn't in a very sexual manner. He was very attracted to Justin, but doctor mode was on and he pushed those desires aside.

Lighting probing the bullet wound, Rook shook his head, "Lucky for you, only the one on your side will need stitches. Everything else just needs to be disinfected and bandaged."

Offline Tally

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 09:25:55 pm »
"Can't never please you.  I bring you a stab wound and you want beer.  Gods."  Justin leaned back against the operating table.  Let the doc look.  He was worth lookin' at, by the gods.  He didn't work out every day to stop people from starin' that was for damn sure.

A hiss of pain ruined his swagger.  It was the bullet wound that hurt the most.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 09:28:12 pm »
"It's true. I'm high maintenance. I doubt you could afford me." Taking the needle, Rook expertly and efficiently injected Justin, "This should help the pain. Let me know when it hits, you should start feeling it soon. I'm going to clean and bandage your thigh."

Offline Tally

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 09:42:28 pm »
That was partly true.  Paying Rook this time would take some kind of magic trick, unless the doc would take sex as payment.

"Ohh yeah.  There it is," he said.  That general dulled and foggy feeling of a really good painkiller.  This was what he needed.  Not morphine, but still good.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:37 pm »
"You're gonna get addicted at this rate. Probably why you keep getting in these fights." Rook finished cleaning the bullet wound and carefully covered it with gaze before he got the needle and thread out for the stab wound.

"Thank god you're pretty or I would make the stitches big."

Offline Tally

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 09:49:20 pm »
There it was, the toys he'd been bracing himself for.  He wasn't scared of needles or anything, but this wasn't gonna be a pleasant task to sit through regardless.

"Pretty?  Shit.  I must need a few more scars.  I'm goin' for rugged and masculine, not pretty."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 09:50:53 pm »
"Oh, well, your wish is my command then." Rook smirked and started making larger stitches, glasses slipping down his nose as he worked.

Offline Tally

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 09:58:32 pm »
"Thanks."  Either the doc didn't register sarcasm or he was just being an ass.  Justin was betting on the latter.

He didn't care to watch the needle plunging in and out of his flesh so he took a few chugs of the soda instead and thought on his upcoming retirement.  He supposed he wouldn't be seeing Rook much more when he cut loose from piracy.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 10:02:24 pm »
It wasn't a terrible wound and soon the stitches were finished and Rook covered it in antiseptic gel and bandaged it up, "Not that I don't just love getting to see you naked, but let's try and get this one healed before you are back in here."

Cleaning up the needle, Rook got a bottle of disinfectant and some cotton balls, "Now, not to make things awkward, but I'm hoping this little fight at least got you enough to pay my bill?"

Rook wasn't cheap and he didn't take insurance.

Offline Tally

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 10:41:35 pm »
"That wasn't so bad."  He did what every patient did after getting stitched up—he peered down at the closed wound, fascinated and unnerved by the sight of surgical stitches pulling at his own flesh.

"Uhhh, sure."  It was probably mostly true.  Depended on how much Rook asked for really.  Treating the type of people he did, he had to encounter plenty of uncertain payment situations.  Justin had been coming here for years, they'd work something out if he couldn't pay it all today.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 10:51:02 pm »
"Ah. That bad, hmm? Good thing I except trade and from you, I'll take sex." Rook worked on cleaning up the wounds, making sure none had anything stuck in them, "Now, don't touch it."

Offline Tally

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 11:14:28 pm »
"See, that's why I like you, doc.  You're reasonable."  You just couldn't get this kind of personal financial assistance with other doctors.  Then there were those troublesome records and documents that other doctors insisted on writing your name all over.  Those got in the way of honest piracy.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 11:23:48 pm »
"You like me because I let you rob me blind." Rook huffed, blowing a strand of hair out of his face, "Next time I should just pump you full of drugs before you can use that pathetic excuse for charm on me."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal