Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: We're Totally Normal People Here [Rina/Pancake!]  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Tally

We're Totally Normal People Here [Rina/Pancake!]
« on: September 18, 2011, 10:57:23 pm »
"Help me find him, Papillion."

Nathan stood on his toes to try and look over the heads of the people milling around in front of the bar.  He'd specifically chosen a place he didn't usually frequent, and for good reason.  They may have pissed off a fleet's worth of pirates during their last one, and so there may me unpleasant individuals out for Nathan's blood.  That was the nature of a ship like Diva.  She could get in, get the job done, and get out again, all right under the nose of a pirate vessel, and the crews of those vessels didn't take kindly to that kind of flaunting.

That was the whole reason they were here, to beef up Diva's security.  This guy, Bel, did just the kind of work Nathan needed, so he asked around about him then made contact.  They were supposed to meet here, and hopefully work out a deal for employment.  He knew what the guy looked like, just had to find him in the crowded bar.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: We're Totally Normal People Here [Rina/Pancake!]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:00:05 pm »
"Are you kidding?" Papillion stared up at Nathan, half a foot shorter than his less than impressive height. She was excited to get to go along and meet the new crew member and was wearing vivid, revealing clothes that would have done a cheap street walker proud.

"Unless you know what his pants look like, I can't see shi-Oh! Hey! Lift me onto the bar and I can find him no problem!" She lifted her arms, making grabby hands at him.

Pancake

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 11:18:28 pm »
It's not like he would be particularly hard to spot with his funky hat. And soft blue hair. And nose band thing. He was pretty tall too...
The guy who was supposed to be looking for him had seen a picture, so Bel was close to positive that he wouldn't be too hard to find, even in this crowd. He was just sipping at a small drink, sitting at a bar table, occasionally glancing toward the doors to see if the guy in question had arrived yet.

He just wondered how they'd react. To... everything. It was interesting, watching others' emotions, and how they reacted to his seeming lack of them.

Offline Tally

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:29:12 pm »
"Are you seriou—agh, fine."

Here was his logic:  he could lift Papillion up himself, or she would climb on him to get onto the bar.  Those were his options right there.  She didn't have to say that or threaten to do it—he just knew. He took the path of least resistance, and gave her a lift up onto a clear spot on the bar.  Gods.  He wouldn't have chosen this place if he'd known it would be so crowded.  'Course, that also made them less easy to spot, so it was a trade off.

"Remember what he looks like?"

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:47:04 pm »
"Uh, kinda. Nose thing, weird hat, Oh!" Papillion leaned over Nathan, hand on his shoulder and breasts squashed against his head as she pointed to where she had spotted the hat, "Over there!"

Without waiting for permission, Papillion crawled onto Nathan's shoulder's in a rather graceless tangle of arms, legs and knees to his face, "Let's went!"

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:44:24 pm »
"Right, right—agh, Papillion!"  He had to bear her boobs squashed against his head until she saw the guy, but then it was even worse.  Then she was climbing on him, which was sort of the exact thing he'd been trying to avoid.

"Where?"  As soon as he saw where she was pointing, he pulled her off him and pushed through the crowd to join their prospective crew member.  "Hey.  Bel?  NAthan Beaumont.  This is Papillion.  Glad you could make it."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 10:57:09 pm »
Papillion tried to cling to Nathan, but he was determined to get her off so she ended up on the ground, trailing after him.

Peering up the at the man, Papillion got very inside his personal space bubble, "Hi! Nathan's a bit of a stick in the mud, but he isn't bad. So, do you have any useful or exciting skills?"

Pancake

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 08:21:55 am »
"Hi."

Bel wasn't fazed by someone trying to get in his personal space bubble. He didn't do anything about it, either, he didn't really care or mind it. Blinking once, he looked down at the both of them. They were both really short compared to someone standing at 5'11''.

Since his greeting had been rather short, shorter than the two in front of him, he put down his drink on the table and left a tip under it for the bartender. "Let's go outside to talk," he said to them, not exactly waiting for their affirmations before making his way out of the overly crowded bar. They'd catch up.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 10:45:21 pm »
"Outside?" Papillion turned to look up at Nathan, her lower lip thrusting out, "But I can't have drinks outside. Sober meetings suck."

Offline Tally

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 06:15:34 pm »
Nathan shrugged at Papillion before following.  "Maybe he's afraid of crowds.  I'll buy you a drink after."  He wouldn't mind one himself.

After all the effort getting in, Nathan now had to weave his way back out of the bar to join their prospective crew member.  "Better?" he asked.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 10:44:06 pm »
"Fiiiiine. But I want a body shot then!" Papillion had no problems weaving through the crowd, throwing shoulders and elbows to clear her path. Once outside, she took a deep breath and looked the guy over, "So you wanna join the crew. How big is your penis?"

Pancake

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 12:27:26 pm »
"Better," Bel confirmed with a little nod. "Random people don't need to know my life story," he continued to Nathan in his near-monotone voice. They'd get used to it if they wanted to hire him, most likely.
However, Papillion's question made him pause for a bit, but most likely not for the reasons the other two might think. But that was a secret anyway. "It's proportional to my height," he blinked. Given that he was far taller than these two who might want him on their crew, he figured it was a good enough answer. "How big is yours?" he asked, purposefully unclear about who the question was aimed at. With, again, no change in expression.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 09:28:14 pm »
"I don't have a penis. Nathan, I think he's stupid." Papillion gave Bel and odd look, then looked down at her crotch, patting at it to make sure there wasn't some weird bump, "That or he doesn't know that girls don't have dicks."

Pancake

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 06:03:03 pm »
"It was a joke," Bel clarified. Though it wasn't going to be obvious it was a joke, given how he had the same blank expression 24/7. Usually, that straight face made jokes funnier for other people, at least, when the joke wasn't a really lame one. But it was okay, he wasn't a comedian, no need to be funny.

"What do you want to know before you decide?" he asked Nathan, though glanced (down) at the other even shorter companion of the short captain in case she had more questions too.

Offline Tally

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 10:56:30 pm »
Nathan, through that exchange, had stood rubbing his forehead, fending off a sudden and stubborn headache.  The gods forbid they get through an interview without mentioning someone's penis.  On the plus side, if he cold take Papillion, he stood a fairer chance of withstanding the rest of the crew, though he couldn't anticipate how things would go once all of them had gathered together.  There was really no preparing for that.

The guy got points for not batting an eye at Papillion thus far.  "Think of some relevant questions, Papillion.  Anyway, how do you think you'd handle the nature of life on a starjumper?  Y'know we make a lot of long runs.  You'd be stuck in the void for longer periods than you'd get on a cruiser."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 11:12:58 pm »
"That is a relevant question! Plus, his jokes suck. I feel that is super important for being on the ship. What if we got bored?" Papillion pouted, crossing her arms under her chest, "Oh! Oh! Are you allergic to anything and can you do any Piloting or repairing? What's your shoe size?"

Pancake

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 06:25:38 pm »
"I'll get used to it if I need to," came the reply to Nathan, and then Bel turned to Papillion again. "No piloting or repairing, though. I don't think I have any allergies, I'm not picky with food. And my feet are not proportional to my height. They're smaller than average."

There was sort of a reason for the feet thing... however, that was a detail left out on purpose.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 11:20:41 pm »
"Why?"

Pancake

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 06:12:21 pm »
"Confidential."

No further commentary on that subject.
"I would like to assure you both, I am stronger than I look. You can continue your interview now."

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 11:14:21 pm »
"Ooooh. Well, I mean, I think we should know. Because, what if it matters? I mean, that could be the difference between life and death."

She then beamed, "Me too! Wanna arm wrestle?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal