Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Executive Decision-Making At Its Harshest [Rina!]  (Read 765 times)

Offline Tally

Executive Decision-Making At Its Harshest [Rina!]
« on: June 16, 2011, 11:11:54 pm »
Zachary needed a second opinion.

This was usually the type of errand he'd send an assistant out for, but with an important decision like this, he preferred to do it himself.  Trouble was, he'd never bought a maid's outfit before, never figured he would have reason to until Cassius had agreed to wear the thing around his office.

He'd been joking when he said that.  Cassius, unsurprisingly, had been dead serious when he agreed to it.

He wasn't going to ask questions of good fortune when it came his way.  Cassius in a maid's outfit would be delightful.  He just had to pick one...

In his mulling, he happened to notice his hand.  It was empty.  "Why do I not have a latte in my hand?" he said, and heard the retreating footsteps as his assistant ran to see to something that the silly girl really ought to have anticipated already.  How long was he going to have to wait for that latte?  Possibly as much as ten minutes.  Unacceptable.

"Excuse me," he said, snagging the nearest person he could find, a short woman with some fantastic dreadlocks.  "If you were pale and lean, and also an eighteen-year-old boy, would this look good on you?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Executive Decision-Making At Its Harshest [Rina!]
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 11:21:04 pm »
Normall, Akachi had no interest in a place like this, but she had felt something. A lingering touch of Aydan and the powerful pull of someone who rippled Fate. A combination she couldn't resist. So she had made a stop at a coffee stand for two coffees, one a very, very specific latte and made her way into the store.

She held out the coffee to the other man, "Dis for ya. Just right." Her yellow eyes flicked to the outfit and she shook her head, "Not 'less dat boy got tits. Dat made for boobs. Get one dat got some ruffle up top."

Offline Tally

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 11:39:32 pm »
Zachary found a latte in his hand!  Excellent.  He tested a sip of it, and was even further impressed.

"Indeed it is," he said.  "Do I owe you anything for it?"  Clearly he had chosen exactly the right woman to ask for advice from.  Or had she chosen him?

His left eye shifted subtly in color, from green toward yellow.

"Ruffles!  Of course!  So brilliant, yet so simple."  His eyes landed on one of his regional managers, who were, he could guess, wondering what they were doing shopping for maid outfits.  He hadn't deemed it necessary to share.  "Why couldn't you tell me that?  What do I pay you for?  No, close your mouth.  You disgust me."

Now that he had something to go on, and a decent latte to ease his nerves, he hung up the failure outfit and chose another.  "Closer?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:46:47 pm »
Akachi tilted her head, studying Zachary's eye. Oh, this one was tasty. So many threads moved around him. She licked her lips, amused and excited, "Dat a dangerous eye ya got. Not good ta steal tings, it can come back ta haunt ya."

Shifting her attention back to the rack, she looked the out fit over, nodding, "Good. If ya want, sometin tight round the middle will help." Her face crinkled into a smile, "Though now I be wantin' ta see the finished product."

Offline Tally

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 11:56:07 pm »
How kind of her to express interest in his well being.  Truly he hadn't thought about Haven in a very long time, though he was quite certain Haven thought about him every day of his life.  

"Oh, do you like it?"  Zachary turned his face so she could get a good look as his eye turned fully yellow, then made a slow shift into orange.  "It was worth it, whatever the consequences.  It has been useful beyond all of my expectations."

His new friend was swiftly becoming more interesting than the clothes.  "Like a corset?  I would be more than happy to send you pictures once I've gotten him in the clothes.  It's the least I can do for your help."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:05:31 am »
"It be interestin', though best be careful. It upset the balance if ya take wit out givin'." Akachi reached up, touching a hand just below his eye, "It be a good eye, yes'um. See lots o' things." She then blinked, eyes going wide.

"Oh my my my. You is a fasinatin' one! Da tings ya can do! One day I wants ta know how ya jump like that." Akachi pressed closer, her eyes intent on his face, lips slightly parted. That was a trick she wanted to know and wanted to know bad, "Aye make ya a trade, make ya a deal if ya teach me dat trick."

Offline Tally

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 11:41:02 pm »
He leaned down, smiling, so that she could get a good look at his stolen eye.  Truly, it was one of his greatest acquisitions.  No greater power existed than knowledge, and with this eye he could see so much.  Things that others tried to hide, things no one knew existed.  A pity he'd had to use the other eye as his focus when he made the trips back and forth.

Which she also seemed to know about.  Who was this woman?  She could see quite a bit herself, more than most and nearly as much as him.  Perhaps in some ways she might even exceed him.

"There's no teaching that one I'm afraid," he said, gazing down at her with one unremarkable gray eye and one vibrant orange one that had begun to fluoresce slightly.  "Though I might be convinced to take you along when I make the trip."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 11:45:39 pm »
Akachi cursed when he told her there was no teaching that skill. What she would do to have that ability. She frowned, disappointed as she lowered her hand, "Dat a shame. Real shame. But I be glad ta go with ya on a trip."

Her dark smile returned again, "Dem beautiful eyes. Ya got some beautiful threads wrappin' round ya. And a dangerous little maid. Best watch dat one. If ya not careful, da wrong hands can find some nasty tools."

Offline Tally

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 01:11:12 am »
"We'll make a date of it then, shall we?"

His managers were still hanging around.  None of them had been chosen for their critical thinking skills apparently.  "Here, go make me the owner of this."  He passed the maid's outfit to one of them then shooed them away.

"I am equally curious about your remarkable perception.  I can see quite a bit, of course.  But the things you know.  I find myself envious of you in turn.  That is a surprise about Cassius.  He will not be my maid much longer then.  A shame.  He was a good one."

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 01:16:22 am »
"Dem boys useless." Akachi watched the managers, finding them to be uninteresting. Not compared to the magnificent beast, "I just look, dat's all. So much dat people just don't notice cause dey ain't looking. Don't got me special pretty eyes like you done."

Akachi smiled again, "He ain't gonna hurt ya none. Ya just want to keep dat pretty eye on him so dat no one steals it." She blinked, a little surprised by what she say, "Dat boy a weird one. Ya got odd taste boy."

Offline Tally

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2011, 12:03:51 am »
Zachary laughed, full and with genuine mirth.  He knew all about the power of sight.  That he considered to be his particular area of expertise.

"Hmm, I suppose I do.  I never thought of it before.  You know I painted my ship green and red?  Like a mango!  It's spectacular, you should see it."

He took a sip of the excellent latte.  "I do appreciate the forewarning.  That on top of the latte!  I really must invite you on one of my trips, if only to repay your kindness."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2011, 09:06:13 pm »
"Dat sometin aye would likes ta see. Aye bets it's just lovely. Red is a real lucky color. And green wards agains' dark tings." Akachi grinned, sipping her own drink, straight black coffee, rich and bitter.

Her expression shifted when he made that offer, eyes intent on his face, "Ya do dat, yeah? Aye woulds like dat! Ya take me back an forth an' aye do some good tings for ya."

Offline Tally

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 09:42:01 pm »
"I can't imagine a more profitable arrangement."  It would have been rude to ask exactly what 'good things' she meant, though he was deeply curious.  He had a feeling it involved more than simply bringing him lattes of perfection.

His assistant ran up, her own attempt at an acceptable latte in hand.  She was a little blonde thing, the daughter of some executive or other for whom he was doing a favor by giving her a chance.  He didn't expect much.

"Sorry it took so long, sir."  She held up the latte like a sacrificial offering to an angry god.

He didn't answer, only took the latte and gave it a try.  Then he gave her a long, withering look.  "Get out of my sight."

The girl hesitated only and instant then scurried away.  Zachary put the offending concoction on the nearest shelf.  "That tastes so bad I think it may be poison."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 09:46:31 pm »
Akachi glanced at the cup, "Not yet. Three days from now it gonna be."

Sure, that cheated a little, but it was worth it for Zachary. That little trick of his, crossing time like that, Akachi would deal with a little backlash, "Dem little ones ain't wat cha need. Ya need someone useful." She grinned, dark teeth showing, "If ya wants, I can gets ya a good one. Only cost just a little."

Offline Tally

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 07:15:50 pm »
Zachary raised his eyebrows.  He didn't even try to hide his surprise.  "Useful information to have.  Thank you."

He had to rely on his own sight to catch things like that.  Formidable as his sight was, it wasn't infallible.

"Very few things that are truly good come cheap.  Fortunately I'm willing to pay for quality.  Just who did you have in mind?"

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 10:13:10 pm »
Akachi grinned again, "Mmm. No. I tink ya not ready just yet. I been plenty helpful today." That was a piece of information she would hold onto a little longer. Reaching over, she patted his hand, "I gonna come see ya about that power ya got. And make sure ya go with the ruffles."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal