Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I'd Rather Be Working [open!]  (Read 361 times)

Offline Tally

I'd Rather Be Working [open!]
« on: May 29, 2011, 10:12:41 pm »
August almost never got time away from the hospital.  Not that he couldn't demand time away or at least request it, it was just that he could never seem to walk away when there was something important to be done, and there was always something important to be done.  He had work piling up right now.

Just thinking about it made him tense, and he looked behind him and above to where the Citadel stretched high above the rest of the city.  He wouldn't be out here at all, except his colleagues had insisted he get some time off.  Did they even suspect that leaving the Citadel even for a couple of days would stress him out far more than working did?

He had to do something to occupy his time, so he took a couple of lifts and a hover over to a bar.  It was astonishingly crowded, considering they only let relatively high caste people in.  He wedged himself into the crowd at the bar and tried to wave over a bartender.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: I'd Rather Be Working [open!]
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:32:59 am »
Christopher had decided that a break from routine would be good. Unfortunately every break from routine made her all figity and awkward which made meeting people who weren't Pilots a huge pain in the ass, and each and every time she'd tried to connect with a co-worker it crashed and burned like some poor malfunctioning mechanical device. All her fault, she suspected, being a little too strange for pilots. That was a downer.

With her fingers interlocked she  pulled at them as a nervous tick before she moved towards the bar. Maybe a drink would settle her frayed nerves, uncheery thoughts also did not help. She didn't stick out like a sore thumb, she was definity one of the lesser known pilots, not at all a fan of hamming it up in front of the camera or pretending she was a huge Pilot Whore for media attention. Wasn't her. So the people with the bright coloured hair got all the attention, which she was okay with.

The only thing remotely interesting about Kit was maybe her strange take on a mullet hair-do and her tattoo, which rand down the entire  left side of her body, a dark grey colour. Of course, the person that caught her own attention looked 'plain' as well, compared to some of the nicer dressed people in the establishment.  Maybe there was some sort of party going on. Well, of course there was a party. It was a bar, high caste or not. So she wedged herself in beside him to face him.

"Hi. You look l---" Kit blinked when she saw his face, oh, it was him. "Oh, it's you." Kit looked around frowning when she didn't recognize anyone else, her teal eyes moving from his face again just to be sure. Nope, no body. "What are you doing here? I... don't think I've never seen you not doing doctor stuff." Kit leaned in, the sense of someone familiar temporarily calming her nerves of doing something out of routine.

Kit had never gone to get a check up or anything that wasn't part of being a Pilot, and she didn't know his name besides him being 'Dr.Staresti' but he was a familiar face in a room full of strangers.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal