Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Elijah Lyre, Fugitive  (Read 851 times)

Offline Tally

Elijah Lyre, Fugitive
« on: April 03, 2008, 04:48:13 pm »
[center:31oliixx]

Elijah Lyre, fugitive[/b]

(Catch him if you can.)

Keep holding on
When my brain's ticking like a bomb
Guess the black thoughts
Have come again to get me
Sweet bitter words
Unlike nothing I have heard
Sing along mocking bird
You don't affect me

Wait, I'm coming undone
Irate, I'm coming undone
Too late, I'm coming undone
What looks so strong so delicate
~Korn: Coming Undone
[/center:31oliixx]

Current Threads:
[right:31oliixx]Completed Threads:
...[/right:31oliixx]

__________________IDENTIFY YOURSELF[/b]

Name:
Elijah Lyre (last name sounds like 'liar'); goes by an alias now

Nicknames
Eli

Species:
Human

Height
5'5"

Home:
Unknown

former Imperial of Aedolis; current situation unknown

__________________THE REAL YOU[/b]

Appearance:
Current appearance is unknown; it may have changed drastically since his short time as Imperial.

Personality:
As a candidate he was at first quiet and seemed to have a brittle quality. As time went by he became increasingly irritable and angry. He made for a harsh Pilot.  By the time he was made Imperial, he'd built a reputation for having a short fuse attached to a dangerous temper.  He was not a happy person.  When he wasn't snapping at his subordinates, he was sullen and quiet, often melancholy.  Among friends, the irritability ebbed and he could even be pleasant if you caught him on a good day.

History:
His dragon was Absolute, who chose him specifically for his psychic ability. Absolute is not a dragon who regards his Pilots as equals. They are there to obey.  In Elijah Absolute had a powerful human puppet that enabled him to take the Imperial position, a goal he had long striven for.  Absolute was able to use Elijah's powers when Elijah himself could not.  In fact, it was only by pairing with a dragon that his psychic powers found an anchor and an outlet that could actually make use of them.

Their stint as Imperials was marked by tyrannical dominance over the other Pilots, but it was short-lived. About a year after attaining the position, Elijah disappeared without trace or trail.  Aedolis wants their hands on him if he's still alive.  There's a ridiculously high bounty on any solid information regarding him, as Aedolis is convinced his disappearance is related to the Gospels or to foreign spies.

Strengths:
With the proper instruments, his psychic powers could be made usable and devastating, but they've had only limited success in achieving this result.

Weaknesses:
The strength of his psychic power is considered freakish and so extreme as to be useless without some form of artificial control system imposed on him, usually in the form of electronic instrumentation attached to his head.  His power is not physically controllable and never will be, even with years of training, and results in numerous health problems including brain tumors that must be regularly scanned for and removed. Went to live in the ATC at age 10 because by then he required special treatment to keep his psionic powers safe.  Without it, he tended to short out electrical equipment with only his presence.  To a large extent, he has remained unable to use his psychic powers at all. He was made a Pilot for the sole reason that he makes a very useful avatar for a dragon and because his condition was of great scientific interest.

Dislikes:
Aedolis, Pilots, Dragons

Commentary:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Tally »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal