Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Fresh return (Ary)  (Read 3493 times)

Anonymous

Re: Fresh return (Ary)
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2010, 07:16:48 pm »
When Ary leaned agaisnt him, even as slight as it was, Vedrit mentally raised an eyebrow. Sure, he liked her, but being a lone space-faring merc, for lack of better term, he had become accustomed to living alone. Though Ary was a captain and could hold her own in space, Vedrit wasnt sure if either of them could sustain a relationship beyond friendship. The thing was, was that he found that he wanted a relationship beyond friendship. He might even re-enlist if he could fly with her.

He was brought out of his reverie when Aryte pointed out a corner and suggested it for a place for them to sit. It was good, being far enough from other patrons that he and Ary could talk without being overheard, which was good becuase Vedrit, being shy, wanted to talk to her about...well....the possibility of him and her being together. He wouldnt bring it up right as they sat down, ofcourse, but he wanted to talk about it.

"Looks as good a place as any." he agreed
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2010, 09:08:42 am »
Ary followed her bowl down the line watching the cooks mix her food together. Everything was steamy and smelled so good. She took a deep breath of it and sighed happily.

"Doesn't it smell fantastic?" She asked him. It looked fantastic too, all that stuff all mixed up together. She was back in the moment again and nodding to the people behind the counter and explaining what sauce she wanted and what cheese. Her stomach was growling by the time they reached the end of the line with the cash register. She was so ready for this pasta! It felt like she'd been waiting a month or something to eat it.

Anonymous

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2010, 06:27:42 pm »
To Vedrit, the mash of the different smells wasnt exactly exciting. Its one of those things where too much of a good thing becomes bad. He had no doubt that each item, alone or with a complementing item would smell delicious and set his mouth watering, but as it was, it wasnt that great.

He simply shrugged in response to Ary's question. He kept his dish simple; meat, noodles, and sauce.
When they reached the cash register, he put one hand on Ary's shoulder, the other grabbed his wallet "It's on me." he said, handing his card to the cashier.

Anonymous

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2010, 09:41:03 am »
Aryte looked back at him when he put his hand on her shoulder. She saw the card in his hand and moved out of the way.

"Um...thanks." She glanced at the cashier who was grinning at the two of them. Aryte wasn't sure how to react.

This meant it was a date or something right? That they were going out together...like more than friends? Or was it a friend thing? A friend could buy dinner for a friend right? Someone they just met though?

Aryte swallowed suddenly feeling nervous all over again. She heard a few more people come in and she was ready to get to the table. Well sort of, once they hit the table awkward conversation might start happening. At least she had food to shove in her mouth if she started to say something stupid.

Anonymous

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2010, 06:04:16 pm »
Vedrit himself wasnt sure if he meant it to be a date or not. Its not like he went to dinner with friends, whether he paid for the meal or not, anyway, so it was already a step out of the ordinary.

He accepted his card back with a nod, guessing at what the cashier thought of what they were up to. He just needed to know what Aryte thought of it all. That alone would decide whether Vedrit meant it to be a date, or simply a meal between friends.

With his food on the tray, and the tray in his hands, he waited to follow Ary to the table she pointed out just a moment ago. If he needed a moment to think, or to stop himself from saying anything overly embarrasing, he had pasta to block with.

Anonymous

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »
Ary watched as he paid then lead the way to the table. She wasn't sure how she felt about all this, maybe she just shouldn't over think the issue. That was the right idea! If she over thought the whole thing it would always be bad. She sat down on the side of the table up against the wall and then pushed his seat out with her feet when he was still a little bit away. She didn't want it to run into him.

She blew on the steaming pasta for a minute and twisted her fork into the bowl. This whole engagement suddenly felt like it was full of all this...pressure, like walls were closing in or something. It didn't need to be so serious! The whole idea was to have fun. She felt like this was okay again. and picked up some of the pasta with her fork and put it in her mouth.

Her eyes went wide and she covered her mouth while she chewed. This. Was. Amazing. She swallowed and looked at Vedrit with excited eyes.

"Wow! This stuff is fantastic!"

Anonymous

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2010, 11:34:50 pm »
Vedrit sat down and immediately began eating when Ary pushed it out for him, despite wanting to ask how Ary felt, about him, the situation, but just couldnt bring himself to ask. What if she didnt like him that way, or thought he was moving to fast? Not exactly heart breaking, but not something he wanted to hear.
The food, as fresh as it was, burned, almost to the point of making his eyes water. But rather than talk, or take a moment to blow on his food, he kept on chewing, though he did take a big gulp when he was finished. To some, it might seem like he was trying to eat quickly and be done, as if he had a million other things to do, when infact, he was just trying to avoid one topic of conversation.

He couldnt help but chuckle when Ary explaimed her satisfaction.
"The things you find you enjoy when you try something new." he said with a smile.

Anonymous

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2010, 02:46:06 pm »
She watched him start shoving down food and suddenly it felt awkward. It couldn't have been cool enough to shove that much of it in his mouth. The steam rising off of it was indication alone. She looked between him and the bowl until he reacted to her comment. He seemed nervous suddenly. Why were htey both so scared to talk? She sighed and set her fork down in the bowl.

"Alright sir." She had to address this before they both went crazy. "You have to take a breath. You're gonna choke on those noodles." She realized they hadn't grabbed drinks and she frowned to herself. She started to stand up and held a finger out.

"I'll be right back. Don't move." She walked over to the counter and pointed at a couple bottles of juice. They handed over the two bottles and she smiled, paid and walked back to the table and sat one in front of him.

"To stop your mouth from being on fire." She uncapped hers and swallowed some to clear her throat and take a minute to think.

"Now, there's some sort of unspoken something here." She waved her hand between the two of them. "I just want to say that I'm enjoying myself. I really am." She smiled at him to show that she was indeed enjoying herself. "I think you're cool. I just want to be up front. I went on a date with a friend recently and I'm not sure where he and I stand." She swallowed nervously. "So, I have to talk to him before you and I can..." She motioned between the two of them trying to find the words.

"...get serious? Date?" She trailed off feeling a blush cross her cheeks. "Let me know if I'm off base. It just felt like there was something floating in the air." She waved her hand in the air between them. "Plus we just met ya know. In some ways I'm old fashioned." She smiled at him trying to make sure he knew that it wasn't that she didn't think he was cool and friendly.

"I like you though, I really do. I don't bring just anyone to my noodle restaurant!"

Anonymous

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2010, 09:15:44 pm »
It was somewhat funny how two space-goers, one a merc the other a military captain, were so easily scared about talking about something so simple as their own feelings.

Vedrit almost did choke on the noodles, some miracle stopped the noodles from making him cough every other bite, and when Ary brought the avoided topic up, he had to stop eating; it would have been absurdly rude. The bottle of juice was welcomed, as opposed to the water he had brought from the counter.

He waited until she was done before responding. She liked him? That was good. It was ok that she wasnt sure of things, neither was he.

"I think youre spot on." he said when she wanted to know if she was getting close to what was going on.

It was his turn "I like you too, and its completely understandable that you need to figure out whether you want to be with the guy you've known for more than an hour or so, be with the guy you've known for an hour or so, or...neither, I guess." he said, setting his fork down aswell, "With all things considered, this is just a meal between friends. They do that, dont they?" he added with a bit of a smile, knowing that a blush had crept onto his features since he opened his mouth, if not before.

Anonymous

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2010, 01:55:12 pm »
She was glad she hadn't hurt his feelings, at least visibly.

"I think they do!" She grinned and started to eat some more. She felt much better now there wasn't so much awkwardness hanging in the air. She swallowed a bite and held her fork then pointed at him.

"How's yours?"

Anonymous

« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2010, 02:09:45 am »
Vedrit chuckled, "I hope so, or this would be really awkward, or more so than it was."
The meal wasnt quite as awkward, but it certainly wasnt tension-free. When two people admit feelings for eachother, but its too soon, there will be some discomfort. He restrained a laugh, thinking 'Sounds like a medicine ad. 'May cause some discomfort.' '

"Its everything I thought and hoped it would be. Beef and noodles." he joked before taking a bite. Even though he was more of a sandwich guy, he might come back here every now and again.

Anonymous

« Reply #71 on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:03 pm »
"I dunno what it is about this place it's so appealing to me." She thought for a minute watching herself stir the fork around in the bowl mixing up the pasta, fruit and sauce.

"Maybe it's because it's so different?" She shrugged. She tried to keep this place special but sometimes she just couldn't stop herself from coming in. She assumed it meant she was supposed to be here then.

"So any idea for after dinner or are you busy?" She half wanted to take him to show him the ship. She smiled when she thought about her little ship.

Anonymous

« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2010, 09:42:03 pm »
Vedrit shrugged "Sometimes, different is good. Maybe its the pasta." he suggested, spearing a few of his remaining noodles with his fork, "Besides, I kind of like this place. I might eat here more often."

He had to think for a moment. Though he didnt mind spending more time with Ary, he wasnt sure how comfortable he was, what with their status being in limbo. Its not like he really did have any plans, being between contracts and his ship being in working condition.
"I was just going to play some games, maybe give my ship some TLC." was his nonchalant answer. It was true enough. His ship, being completely custom, rarely didnt require attention. There was always something he could work on, improve or adjust. If he didnt feel like working on his ship, then he would play games to pass the time.

Anonymous

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2010, 01:31:35 pm »
He seemed a little hesitant but she shoved the idea away. She was sure it would be alright. She sat the fork down when he said the bit about his ship. She leaned forward putting her chin in her hands.

"What do you call her?" She had the tone of voice a mother might have about asking another person about their kid. She understood the love of a ship. She liked Vedrit. She pushed some hair back from her face. He was chill. He liked the things she liked and he seemed honest. From the little she knew she thought he was interesting and attractive. She wished that things could be easy sometimes.

Anonymous

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2010, 11:21:23 pm »
Vedrit sat back when Ary asked his ships name. His ship, in its many incarnations and stages, had many names. It was previously recorded at Starhawk, but enough had been broken, replaced, and or upgraded that Vedrit sanctioned a name change.

"Winter's Dawn." he answered. This latest name suited the bird and its fresh coat of very light blue paint with streaks of white, among the various other changes. Though, at the rate things were going, the ship may undergo another change of names in a few months, depending on how vicious the marauders got.

"What about yours?" he asked. Few people understood the connection between a pilot and his/hers ship, and Aryte was a captain. Surely she understood it.

Anonymous

« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2010, 05:54:41 pm »
Aryte smiled at Vedrit when he said the ships name. It was really pretty and sort of calming. That was nice.

"I call her Mitternacht. It means midnight." She smiled. She liked to call her that cause Aryte could hide with the best of them in the sky. She could make that ship face into the quiet and sneak up on bugs easily.

"I like to call her Mitty for short." She smirked at him and then took a couple more bites of food. She felt bad that Vedrit had come across her at a sort of awkward confusing place in her life.

"Winter's Dawn sounds lovely."

Anonymous

« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2010, 12:40:25 am »
"Mitty?" he asked and chuckled. Mitternacht, an interesting name, was hard on the mouth, but Mitty was still amusing, "If its alright with you, I'll call her Mitter." he rubbed his face, trying in vain to clear the smile, "Im sure you have your reasons for naming her that, but Mitty is too silly for me."

With the meal drawing to a close, Vedrit couldnt help but what would come next? Would they socialize some more before departing to different destinations, or would they leave together? Were they going to meet again? What if this, what if that.
He brushed it all aside, and smiled, though not out of amusement; he was happy to have met Aryte

Anonymous

« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2010, 07:47:41 pm »
She smiled as she got towards the end of her dinner and her said we was gonna call her Mitter.

"I suppose I can allow it." She pointed her utensil at him. "Only cause I like you though." This was a nice relaxing night out. She wondered if it was too soon to invite him to look at the ship, or ask if she could see his. She tried not to crack a grin when she thought about the double meaning that could have. She thought maybe they should have that evening a different night, when she had things sorted out...ships were special and there was still a sort of awkwardness hanging in the air.

"Alright Veddie, if I can call you that." She smiled at him. "I need to get your number, sir." She slid her phone out of her pocket and set it on the table.

Anonymous

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2010, 08:54:06 pm »
Vedrit chuckled, "Anyone else and they'd have to call her Mitty?" he joked.
However, his smile dimmed when she asked for his number. The only number he could be reached at, really, was his ship number, and that he usually kept for business. Ary was not business. It was one of those things that Vedrit felt was only needed when one was a socialite, which he was far from being.

"Well, there's really only one I use. Otherwise, I just use netmail." he said as he entered in his ships number into her phone, making a note of that in the contact name, "Do you want my net address?" he asked, making sure she had all the contact info she needed/wanted before sliding the phone back.

Anonymous

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2010, 04:13:40 pm »
Ary saw his smile dim and she worried for a minute. Had he decided she wasn't really worth all the trouble? She could understand that, she was just hoping that wasn't true. She felt suddenly self conscious again like suddenly the rules changed and no one told her. Then he took the phone and lugged in a number anyway.

"Oh! Sure I can contact you that way if it's easier." She smiled trying to regain her composure. She felt odd, like maybe she needed to leave and think this all over. And do it quickly. She rubbed the back of her neck feeling sort of awkward again. She finished off the last few bites of her food and then took a couple drinks of her juice and tried to relax.

"Well, maybe we should meet up soon and show off ships? Once I figure stuff out." She said the last part quietly. She felt bad about it. She didn't like causing confusion.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal