Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Natural Disaster [open]  (Read 917 times)

Anonymous

Natural Disaster [open]
« on: September 13, 2007, 11:06:11 am »
Vulcan walked silently through the city, observing the people. He'd thought Mars might be a decent place to settle-- not permanently, but at least for a while, after all, with the volcano, he should be right at home, but the more of the people he walked past, catching bits of mental conversations and smelling the fear in the air, the more he felt this was probably not the best place for him. His irises were marigold, ringed in red, but aside from that, he appeared human enough. His dark hair contrasted against his porcelain skin.

He was prone to favoring black clothing, besides, black was practical for a person who preferred to hide in shadow. He however, didn't seem to have much trouble walking in the sun, though the light bothered his eyes and he spent a lot of his time squinting, or shading with his hand.

He wasn't even sure which language was spoken on Mars, but it was apparently one he recognized and understood, so as long as he replied with the same one, he should be able to get by.

He looked a little thin, as if he hadn't had enough to eat for quite awhile now-- which was perhaps related to why he was so pale as well. Leaving his expression rather unreadable, he began attempting to find a place to get himself something to eat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

water lilly
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:14:31 pm »
A 16yr old girl with a small frame stood next to a man who was selling dumplings casually she walked past it her hand snaing out and grabbing a fistful of the them and speeding away before the tender noticed. " Look Ryoko dinner" Ren said handing the stick of steaming meat over to her blue colored fox friend as the kit began to tear into the food. Ren smiled as she popped one of the meaty balls into her mouth. She then spotted the black cloaked figure Ren couldn't help but notice he was very skinny and pale and looked hungry. She trotted up to him and offered him some dumplings "You can have these if your hungry" she said in a friendly way.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 08:16:53 pm »
Vulcan looked a little surprised to be approached so quickly, his feet automatically shifting to a more defensive stance, though his arms had remained motionless. "Have you had your fill?" He asked, unwilling to take food from the mouth of a 'child' but teetering on the edge of taking her up on her offer.

He did his best not to bore a (metaphorical) hole through her with his gaze. Even people who had known him for a long time at times found his gaze difficult to be under. He was a fairly tall guy, though he didn't tower over the general populace. He carried himself as one who had seen a great deal more than their share in their lifetime, but he'd resigned himself to it, accepted it and continued to press forward. There was no other choice really. Fighting it just left him where? Emotional turmoil? No good came of fighting the inevitable, he knew that well enough.

Anonymous

water lily
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 06:20:49 pm »
'Yep here take you look like you need more than us anyway" the ginger haired girl replied smiling the sun making her topaz eyes look even more golden. Ren felt something brush against her knee and looked down to find Ryoko nudging her "Oh I almost forgot this is my very best friend Ryoko say hi Yoko" the little blue fox yipped twisting in her mistress's arms until she was releashed and landed on the ground.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 08:14:35 pm »
Vulcan's mouth twitched as if he would smile, but didn't quite manage it. "Thank you very much." He said, accepting the dumplings and promptly popping one into his mouth. "Nice to meet the both of you. You have a place to stay?" No better source of information than the locals. Besides, kids who had to resort to stealing food tended to know the best places to sleep.

"I'm Vulcan" He finally said. He'd never been very good at the manners things, but then what manners he did have he'd simply picked up as he went. He'd never had anyone teach them to him.

Anonymous

water lily
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 06:21:30 am »
'Hi Vulcan my name's Ren and nope I don't think I have anywhere to go I just got here few days ago" the topaz eyes girl said petting Ryoko on the head.

Anonymous

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 02:58:13 pm »
Vulcan nodded slightly. He hadn't gotten an impression of the locals yet to know what he thought of a young woman such as herself sleeping who knows where with only a fox to take care of her. "Well, I suppose you and I are in a similar situation then." He admitted, though he didn't seem to be suggesting they join together. What with all the sex scandals that had broken out of earth over the centuries, he had been mentally conditioned to avoid situations that spawned rumors-- such as sharing a room with a sixteen year old girl.

Besides, not everyone could actually handle hanging around him for long periods of time what with his mood swings and cravings.

"So what brings you here?" He finally asked. He was curious why she would come all the way to Mars with nothing but a fox.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal