Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Flames and Other Fun [Tags - Lapis]  (Read 1001 times)

Anonymous

Flames and Other Fun [Tags - Lapis]
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:50:53 pm »
Jade flicked red hair out of his eyes and primped it against his shoulders where it belonged.  He couldn't believe they were back at Aedolis after being absent for nearly a year or more.  The truth was he'd lost track of the time he'd spent taking care of Lapis - as he thought of his job with the musician.  Some days, he wondered how the man stayed sane with so many fans wanting pieces of him and the creepy goverment that made Jade nervous in all sorts of ways.  The redhead avoided the Pilots, dragons, and any of the military he could when he could.  Memories of his childhood and his own upbringing had taught him to be cautious around Aedolis.

Lapis was the exception.  He was just too beautiful for words and still made Jade's head spin when he sang.  The redhead opened up his travel computer and made a few notations about the changes in scehdule for the upcoming month and stretched his legs out.  Black tailored pants and a simple white top with buttons up the front covered him from head to foot.  It was the latest fashion trend on the space station they'd just come from and he rather liked the simple, yet elegant styling of the clothing.  Besides, it showed off his backside perfectly when he walked.

Deep green eyes searched the lounge Lapis had somehow rented or reserved for a private dinner and he smiled warmly.  The entire place was sumptious and filled his more hedonistic side with true delight.  Still, there was something so lacking in this city that he hadn't been able to pin down in his previous visits.  Perhaps it was simply the lack of heart he often saw when he visited here or just the stagnation of the place.  Jade wasn't sure and it wasn't his place to judge as he hadn't been born or raised here.  Besides,  he was too much of a wandering soul to ever be tied to such a place permanently.  It was bad enough he was here and he still had the distinct impression the only reason he had been allowed into the country was because of Lapis' standing in this society.

"So do you want the pasta dish or that soup you seem to enjoy?  They also have some sort of ice drink I imagine you would just love," Jade remarked with a snort.  "Lapis?  Yoohoooo.  Are you in there?  Inquiring Jades want to know.  It's awfully hard to talk to myself all the time.  You know, talk.  Where you move your mouth and words come out?  LAPIS!"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Flames and Other Fun [Tags - Lapis]
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 06:01:57 pm »
"So do you want the pasta dish or that soup you seem to enjoy? They also have some sort of ice drink I imagine you would just love," Jade remarked with a snort. "Lapis? Yoohoooo. Are you in there? Inquiring Jades want to know. It's awfully hard to talk to myself all the time. You know, talk. Where you move your mouth and words come out? LAPIS!"
[/i]

The silver haired man knocked the black hat from his eyes to regard his companion, "I hear you just fine. I am not deaf, and please, try and say my name just a little louder. I would much rather be mobbed by fans then eat a meal. You know how I eat too much as it is," Lapis glanced back over his shoulder, his eyes glancing over each and every person within their line of sight. He hated having his back to the door, even if it was fairly shadey in this paticular spot.

Quietly, he relaxed himself again, letting the hat slide back down over his violet eyes. His long silver hair shinning against the black leather of his clothing, "I don't care. Order whatever you want, baka."

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 06:18:47 pm »
"Well you're the one who has reserved the private room which we have yet to be shone to and it isn't like anyone would believe you're you.  You should eat more.  You really don't eat enough," Jade said.  The fact he was always wheedling and shoving food at Lapis was just a hobby he'd fallen into along with a few others that he knew annoyed the silver-haired musician.  Oh well!  Someone had to take care of Lapis, Jade thought for what was probably the tenth time that day.  The man was just so horrible at taking care of himself.  Half the time he wouldn't eat unless Jade pushed food at him.  Or sleep unless Jade threatened singing to him.  

Stupid pain in the butt musician with delusions of godhood.  

"Baka. Baka. Baka.  I swear if you call me that one more time I'm stepping on your foot or putting it up your oh so sexy backside," the redhead threatened with a sniff.  He finally decided they were stuck eating out here and just entered their order into the small computer at the table for the waiter or waitress to bring out to them.  "Fine.  You're stuck with pasta and that shaved ice thing for dessert.  Oh, and they have salad.  Yes, all of that will do nicely," he rambled.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 06:30:43 pm »
A slight smirk crossed his face from under the hat.

"Baka."

Lapis leaned back, placing one foot on top of the other as Jade ordered whatever he felt like. It didn't matter to Lapis what food came to the table, as he would eat whatever it was anyway.

"I thought the point of wearing this hat was to disguise who I was. The last thing I need right now is another crazy fan running up and demanding me to sign some part of their body. You always get pissy when that happens," Lapis opened an eye, glancing towards Jade, "You know you could have stayed back at the room. You don't have to literally follow me everywhere. What if I wanted to indulge in some of the finer reasons for being an idol?" Lapis paused, "I am quite capable of taking care of myself, despite what you keep telling yourself."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 06:45:15 pm »
As promised, Jade stretched his foot out and stepped on one whichever one that belonged to Lapis happened to be closer.  He smirked triumphantly and relaxed into his own seat as he let his eyes roam over the various people around them.  The musician's voice brought his attention back to Lapis and he frowned a bit at where the conversation was turned.

"They should get you to sign their autograph pads like every other sane person in this universe and keep their damn hands off of you!" Jade hissed sharply before folding his arms across his chest.  So he was a bit protective of Lapis.  So what.  He was allowed and even if he wasn't, he would have been protective anyway.  "If you'd really wanted to be alone, you would have told me or just left without me.  The fact you didn't say anything when I left with you means you don't mind my company right now so there.  I like being with you, even when you're being a meanyhead.  I mean, mean.  Yes, mean."

The redhead just looked over at Lapis and grinned mischieviously.  "I know you can take care of yourself but without me, you forget to eat, sleep, or even know how to dress right.  Besides, I am a good influence on you.  Just say how much you enjoy having me around.  C'monnnnnn."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 08:13:33 pm »
Raising a brow in Jade's direction at his game of footsie, as that's all it amounted to him as being, Lapis sighed, "You can't get bent out of shape everytime I'm asked to sign some type of fleshy surface. You almost got yourself arrested the last time I had an overzelous autograph seeker. I really will start having to leave you at home if you keep hissing like a snake at me and my fans."

As the food game to their table, Lapis folded himself into a some-what polite position. Taking one last look around, making sure the resturant was mostly empty, Lapis removed his hat setting it on the table beside him. Silver hair fell forward, dusting his violet eyes. Those eyes were looking directly across the table at Jade. "Food is a thing you eat when your hungry, I can sleep when I'm dead, and what the hell is wrong with the way I dress, baka? If you think I will wear anything in your closet, you've been sniffing something again." Lapis's cool, deep, beautiful voice remarked as he raised the drink to his lips, "I still don't understand why you insist on following me around as it is. I know I've been a very bad man, but what did I ever do to deserve....you? Don't you have some life of your own to lead or something?"

Lapis paused before adding seriously," I chose to live like this....you don't have to."

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 08:24:04 pm »
"Fine.  Fine.  I won't hiss at all the idiots who ask you to sign their assets.  Urgh.  The worst was that seventy-year-old woman who wanted you to sign her belly.  That was...just creepy," Jade said and made a face.  He quite thinking about the incident as he really wanted to eat his food.  When it arrived, he poked at it for a bit before digging in because it proved to be quite tasty.  A sigh came out of him at the sight of silver hair glinting along violet eyes.  Lapis was very easy on the eyes and of course Jade enjoyed watching him.  Though the musician's attitude often made him want to throw things and he sometimes did at the man.

"I like the way you dress.  Most of the time but please, you wouldn't know what was clean in your closet without me making sure all of it was.  And you don't eat unless food is put in front of you half the time or sleep unless you're exhausted," Jade pointed out blandly before taking a sip of whatever fruity beverage had come with his meal.  "You sang for me and now I'm yours.  You are very lucky to have me and you know it.   I enjoy helping you and being near you.  Get over it."

The serious tone made Jade blink slowly before just offering Lapis a warm, quiet smile.  The musician just...didn't get it.  The redhead might enlighten him someday but for now, he really wasn't quite sure how to do so without scaring the man away.  Emotions and Lapis tended not to go together from what Jade had seen.  "I know I don't.  I chose to be at your side.  You're my friend.  I really do enjoy what I do for you or I wouldn't do it," he said just as seriously.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 02:17:49 am »
"Then don't blame me for your lot in life, baka." Lapis replied quietly pulling out a scrap of half written on paper from his pocket. For some reason, he had never quite taken to typing up his lyrics onto a computer. He wrote on whatever he could, a lyric here, a note there. Eventually they would end up on the network for all to enjoy, but for now, they stayed with him until they were finished.

Ignoring the food in front of him, he began to scrawl. Lapis sang quietly, his voice beautifully flowing to some unknown melody.

"Wrap me in a bolt of lightening, send me on my way still smiling, Maybe that's the way I should go, straight into the mouth of the unknown....never thought I'd be able...I've said it so many times...I would change ways no nevermind...god knows I've tried....call me a sinner, call me a saint...tell me it's over I'll still love you the same, call me your favorite, call me the worst...tell me it's over, I don't want you to hurt...it's all that I can say....so I'll be on my way..."

He closed his eyes putting down the pen, his voice filling the confines of the resturant, like a man possesed, " Finally put it all together, nothing really last forever. Had to make a choice that wasn't mine, I had to say goodbye for the last time. Had my whole life in a suitcase, never really stayed in one place...maybe it's the way it should be....I've said it so many times...."

His voice was powerful, yet there was a sadness that hung in the air after each word he sang. "Call me a sinner, call me a saint...tell me it's over I'll still love you the same, call me your favorite, call me the worst...tell me it's over, I don't want you to hurt...it's all that I can say....so I'll be on my way...I'll always keep you inside, you healed my heart and my life. And you know I try. So I'll be on my way..." Lapis's voice drifted, like a soft spring breeze.

He quickly scrawled the rest of the lyrics onto the piece of paper, stuffing it back into his pocket. Quietly, he took a drink of his beverage, noticing the wait staff slowly approching him with their pens poised.

Damnit Sighing, a charming smile spread across his face as he took the pen of the first person and scrawled his name upon the paper.

"That was really beautiful....you're really him aren't you?" One of the waitresses asked.

"Some days more than others," Lapis offered signing her pad, noticing her name tag read manager "I did not mean to disrupt lunch service, and would appreciate it if my presence here was kept low key. If that would be possible..."

"I don't know...the wait staff have already been telling the other customers...you're an idol! You don't mind, do you? I mean, I can tell them you don't want to meet with them..."

Lapis shook his head, placing the hat beside him back upon his head, "Of course not. I enjoy meeting any one of my fans."

"Great!" The manager turned speaking feverently with the staff.

Glancing across the table of Jade, Lapis offered his mask of a smile, "I'm sorry...I ruined our lunch again. This curse of mine is rearing it's head at the most inconvient times..." Lapis's face wore that expression the convinved the world he was the most charming man anyone would meet; yet behind his violet eyes, he was absolutly miserable. He couldn't help it when the songs came, and since he had dived back into music they had been getting more frequent. Lapis kept that expression for Jade, knowing that he hated having meals intrupted, "I'm sure the staff will pack up your lunch for you if you don't want to sit through this. I'll get something later, I guess."

*Note: Lyrics by Shinedown - Call Me - from Sound of Madness

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 06:31:08 pm »
"Oh bite me," Jade said with a roll of his eyes.  He watched as Lapis began scribbling notes and then singing.  The sound of the man's voice always made him warm all over and he just fell utterly silent to listen.  The redhead smiled softly and folded his hands into his lap before leaning back in the chair to just appreciate the effort.  Lapis singing was something he truly loved and would stop talking for any time it happened.

The redhead blinked as the waitstaff and manager came over with an all too familiar look in their eyes.  He just snorted and then kept a pleasant smile on his face as Lapis spoke with them.  It was just part of Lapis being famous and staying in Aedolis or returning to it at least.  Jade was used to it but that didn't mean he had to like it at all when it interupted every last meal they shared or time they were out in public.  Still, Lapis was the one who suffered the most from it judging by his tension or at least how private the man always wanted to be.

He laughed softly and just reached across the table to place a hand overtop the one Lapis still had against the tablecloth.  "It's fine.  Sign the autographs and talk to the fans.  Lunch will wait until you are done," Jade said with a shrug of his shoulders.  "You can just make it up to me later."  The fact he smirked and winked was just something he had been saving up for a while.  So he liked flirting.  So what.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 07:09:56 pm »
Lapis glanced at the hand Jade placed over his before moving so he could better sign things. The line of people had begun to grow, and there was now a nice little line of people waiting for him from his table to the door. Taking a drink of his beverage, he began the long, maddening process of signing autographs.

.....about three hours later....

Lapis could feel his hand start to go numb, even as the line of people lengthened. He had feared people would begin telling their friends, and so on and so forth. His charming smile was getting more strained upon his face as he turned to the next person in line.

"I'm such a big fan! Your music is wonderful."

"Thank you," Lapis replied quietly, with that soft charm. His voice was pleasant, betraying nothing of the loathing he had for three hours of this same crap. With that forced smile he asked, "And who would you like me to make this out to?"

"Mystri....that's me. I really love you, you know."

"Thank you," Lapis replied again signing the same thing he had been signing to everything else: To Mystri, Thank you for taking my music into your life and heart, Love, Kai Moonstone. His alter ego stage name was at least a little shorter to sign. He offered it back to her, "There you are."

"Thank you so much. I've read on the network that you don't have a girlfriend, or anything. I'm really great, really and I absolutly adore you. Would you sign my chest too? If you put your resident number on it, I'll totally get in touch with you and maybe I'll be the girl your lookin' for! Or maybe I don't have to leave, you can tell that woman with you to go," Mystri glanced at Jade, raising her clothing.

Lapis blinked, slightly taken back. So far, most of the fans had been fairly polite. This, was one of the weird ones. Violet eyes glanced towards the staff of the resturant for some type of assistance, most places usually provided when dealing with a bit of a fanatical fan. However, they seemed to gaze expectantly at him.

He was at a bit of a loss. Dealing with people wasn't one of Lapis's strong points, in fact, it was sort of a personal fear. Clearing his throat he started, "I - uhm...."

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 07:28:26 pm »
Three hours later, Jade was actually napping with his head on his arms against the table.  He could not believe people would wait this long just to get an autograph from Lapis, though he'd once did the same just to meet the man.  He sighed and could tell Lapis was getting tired just from traveling with him so long.  Even as his mind was working on a way to get them out of this, the simpering idiot who wanted Lapis to sign her breasts pissed him off.  Woman.  He was no woman!  The only thing keeping him from throwing his water glass at her head was the fact they were in public.

The redhead was out of his seat and toward the woman before she could flash them.  He put on his best simpering smile and just shook his head.  "Oh, darling.  I am afraid we have run out of time and Mr. Moonstone has a strict policy against signing any body parts.  You are a big enough fan to know that already," he pointed out and just smiled sweetly at her.  "And for your information, I am a man.  Now run along and we thank you for listening to his music and being such a dedicated fan."

"Ladies and gentleman, I do apologize but as Mr. Moonstone has a pressing engagement elsewhere I must insist he leaves now.  I am certain you will read all about it on the Network in a few days time if it makes it into the news," Jade said.  The hint of mystrey in his words was just to stir up excitement and leak to the media.  Blech.  He moved back toward Lapis and tilted his head toward the side entrance where he knew the limo they'd used to arrive in should be parked.  Jade was already calling for it with his small pocket computer and hooked an arm through Lapis' to draw him to his feet.  "Come on Kai and bid farewell to your fans!"

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 11:24:05 pm »
Lapis watched Jade try to reign in his temper and deal with the fan. He placed his hand lightly over his lips to hide the chuckle that threated to escape him. Clearing his throat at Jade's insistance to bid the crowd farewell, Lapis rose. He tipped his hat lightly, the seductive intoxicating smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Thank you all for coming out here and seeing me. Please look for me on the network, and I look forward to seeing you all at my next concert," Lapis spoke in that vibrating cool voice.

With a last nod to the group, Lapis followed Jade out the doors of the establishment. A true heartbreaking slight smile on his face towards Jade he added under his breath, "Thank you."

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 06:24:20 pm »
Jade felt a huge relief lift off his shoulders when Lapis didn't fight him and simply bid his fans farewell.  Seeing the way people assumed Lapis could just go on for hours as they prattled at him about being his biggest fan was annoying for Jade at times, though he understood it was just a part of being an icon.  Urgh.  A part of him wanted to be famous but he did not want to deal with the fans who didn't know when to stop.  

The redhead opened the door to the limo and blinked at the smile Lapis gave him.  For Lapis, it was a smile but for another man it would have barely been a twitch of his lips.  Jade returned the smile with a soft one of his own and slipped into the back of the limo across from Lapis.  He was very, very glad the driver was not a machine but could judge where to take them without programming.  "To our lodging," he said to the man and flipped up the privacy shield before turning to Lapis with a yawn.  Jade sprawled out in his seat and just rubbed at his arms.

"You're welcome," he said at last to Lapis.  "People like that give fans and humanoids a bad name.  What part of you're not that kind of an entertainer do some people not get?"

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 07:51:58 pm »
"It is the nature of being an icon, Jade," Lapis replied, leaning back in his seat, the hat once again going over his violet eyes, "You are something untouchable to them. They dream of you, they want you, the fantasize about marrying you, dating you, or just simply having sex with you. Your music touches their soul and sympathizes or gets them through something in their life, my music more so because of my curse." Lapis paused before giving a shrug, "It is either this, or my old life. I can be miserable with this more than I can relive my past." An eye open as he added, "And don't poke me about telling you about my past. I'm not uttering a word."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 08:13:39 pm »
"Yeah, yeah.  I know," Jade said with a shake of his head.  He'd seen too many people fawning over Lapis to ever want to be one of them again.  The man was beautiful, had the voice of a god, one killer body, and the temper of a Saturn Eelworm half the time.  Still, Jade did like him.  "Most gifts are as much curse as gift.  I swear your fans wouldn't love you half so much if they knew what a pain in the ass you really are," he said with a teasing laugh.

The redhead paused at the mention of the musician's elusive past and pouted just a bit.  "Oh for the---is it that hard to tell me about your past?  C'mon, Lapis.  Just a little hint?  I bet you were just as obnoxious as a child and just as pretty.  Though I'm sure you weren't as pretty as I am," Jade remarked with a sniff.  "I've always been pretty, just in case you didn't notice."

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 12:14:30 pm »
"Yes, it's that hard. Drop it." Lapis replied enjoying the peace and quite the car ride had to offer. His eyes closed completely, his face softening as he began to slightly drift off to sleep. He was a light sleepier, even when he did manage to get so exausted that he needed to pass out. There was something almost angelic looking when Lapis got to this point. "And for your information, they would still love me, more if they knew I was a pain in the ass. They would fantasize about being the one to change me then."

Lapis was quite for a moment as the breath left him in a soft even rhythem, "I've never been pretty even as a kid, that is reserved for women and you." Lapis replied.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 06:46:54 pm »
"Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiine," Jade said with a sniff.  He looked over at Lapis and couldn't help but admire how uttelry handsome the man was when he relaxed into sleep.  The redhead felt utterly protective of Lapis right then and strangely enchanted by him as well.  Okay, so more than normal.  He had to admit to a fascination and attraction to Lapis that had started with his amazing music but grew as he came to spend time with the man.  It was just Lapis that fascinated him and not the rockstar icon he found a bit too untouchable or cold.

"Please.  Changing you isn't half as fun as annoying you right back just for being a pain in the ass," he remarked with a smirk.  He couldn't resist annoying and being a bit of a pest toward Lapis.  It just came natural for Jade and he went with what he was good at most of the time.  Besides, he followed his heart above all else and it belonged to the man riding with him.  Jade twitched at the comment and glared at Lapis mightily.

"I'm not a woman," he muttered.  "And...I am ...wait, you admitted I'm pretty!  HAH HAH! You also forgot devastatingly sexy.  Mmmm,  about tonight....would you like to watch a holovid and ...I could cook dinner.  It'd be funnnn and I'd be good.  Okay, mostly."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2008, 12:53:16 am »
"Your quick," Lapis replied, his voice getting lower as he drifted on the edge of sleep.

As Jade continued to rattle off, Lapis felt himself drift away into dream land. His breath fell out of his body evenly, his entire body utterly relaxed. The hat over his eyes, his head titled back against the comfort of the seat. It was rare for Lapis to fall asleep anywhere but a place he had thouroghly checked and he usually had to be alone. It proved that he utterly trusted Jade, or he would have never fell asleep.

However, he totally missed Jade asking him about the movie.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2008, 06:12:32 pm »
"You have no idea," Jade said with a soft laugh before turning to face Lapis.  He blinked as he realized the other male was sound asleep and his words slowly faded away.  The redhead smiled with a hint of bemusement and just relaxed into the comfortable limo seat to watch the city go by.  Lapis slept little enough and Jade wasn't about to wake him up right then just to keep talking to him.  There would be time enough for that later - unless Lapis went home to crash or work as he called it.

As the limo floated to a halt, he smiled to the driver and gently nudged Lapis in the side.  "We're at the hotel or at least where we're staying for the moment.  C'mon and you can take a nice long nap," he said quietly and waited on a response.  A part of Jade was tempted to leave the pain asleep in the back of the car while he went up to eat something but Lapis would never let him live it down.  Probably.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 07:20:20 pm »
Lapis opened an eye as the limo came to a halt, then feigned sleep as Jade moved to wake him up. He was a light sleeper, and had been ever since he had endured the training of a soldier. From his father, and then from the government. A deep sleep was something Lapis could only get through a coma.

Offering a faint smile at Jade, Lapis shifted himself out of the limo. Being as tall as he was, it still wasn't that easy of a feat. Stretching in front of the hotel , Lapis turned to face Jade. The sunlight hitting his long silver hair causing it to gleam. With a wink, Lapis moved towards the doors, nodding to the doorman.

Giving a little wave of his hand at the front desk, Lapis headed up the stairs, not waiting for Jade. He knew he couldn't lose the firey headed man even if he got lost in a labrinyth himself. Taking the stairs two at a time, Lapis ignored the elevator that was right next to it as he jogged up the massive amounts of stairs. It gave him a moment to think and stretch his legs.

A short while later Lapis emerged on their floor. Removing his long leather coat, body gleaming yet not by a single breath did he seem the least bit winded, he waited by the door of the hotel room. Glancing back towards the stairs he called, "Jade, it's not that hard. One foot goes in front of the other."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal